March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 1 check in - 11/19

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food?

Re: Week 1 check in - 11/19

• Options
    Due: March 2

Appointments: one in a few days. 

Rants/raves: Visited friends this weekend, yay. Life in general is up in the air, and it's really getting old. 

Feeling: still some achiness, but not too bad. Lots and lots of BH. I need to drink more water!

GTKY: Any pie with pastry crust. I don't like pie. 
  • Options
    Due: March 1

Appointments: I have one tonight 

Rants/raves: My 18 month old got the stomach bug and was up all night Wednesday. He’s mostly back to himself but it took a lot out of him. Husband got it yesterday... really hope I’m not next.

Feeling: Generally, pretty good. 

GTKY: I hate cranberry sauce and I’m also not a big fan of turkey  :o 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date: 3/7

Any appointments? Questions?: Nothing at the moment. Will be doing glucose next week and the next OB appointment on Dec. 4th. 

Rants/Raves?: Rave: Off work Wednesday for my birthday, plus a trip back to see family for the holidays. I haven't seen most of them since I've been pregnant, so I am really looking to sharing in the happiness. Rant: MH and I have both been feeling sick the past two days, which has led to us laying on the couch all weekend. Totally unproductive, but apparently needed. MH had to take off work today...hope this is just a cold, but starting to worry about flu.

How are you feeling?: As mentioned above, been feeling sick the past two days. Hoping it's nothing serious, as I have a lot of traveling this week. Pregnancy wise, feeling good. Baby girl has been moving quite a bit, which is great, but she is getting stronger and starting to wake me up a lot through the night. I already have been sleeping terribly, so I guess at least it's a good reason to wake up.

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food?: I would say I am not a fan of sweet potato casserole. Also, one year my Aunt decide to put out green onions as an option - so, I took a hard pass on that. Lol.

• Options
    mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited November 2018

Due date: 3/2

Any appointments? Questions?: Routine prenatal on Wednesday.

Rants/Raves?: Rave: Yay holiday week! And I took off all week! :smiley:

How are you feeling?: Achey hips, tired, otherwise feeling pretty good. It's crazy I get asked by practically everyone how I'm feeling and when I respond with "Pretty good!" they seem taken aback like I should be feeling miserable. Sorry to disappoint? I'll be happy to complain all over you during the third trimester when I'm all sorts of uncomfortable.

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? I'm going to second @chocolatelemons with the cranberry sauce. 

ETA (after reading back): Happy almost birthday, @lalalauren15 ! I hope you feel better really soon!

• Options
    @mayoduck thank you so much! :smile:  Also, I have been experiencing similar reactions from people when I say I'm fine. Or if I do say I'm tired, people will say "well just wait until the baby gets here". There is no right answer. Lol.
  • Options

Due date: Mar 5

Any appointments? Questions? First appointment with my new midwife group next week! 

Rants/Raves? A bit of a rant and rave this week. We have been planning a move for a while, and fell into an opportunity that we really want to take, but the timing would have us buying a new house and moving right around when the baby is born. We had been saving for me to take 12 weeks of leave, but now I think we will only be able to afford 8 weeks. And on top of that is just the stress of trying to work everything out to buy this house, get out of our current lease, move across the state, and get 2 kids into a new daycare. I am panicking but just trying to remind myself that if it is meant to be it will all happen. 

How are you feeling? Stressed, but physically feeling really well. I’ve been eating well and moving my body every day. I have started taking my pregnancy exercises and stretches more seriously and it’s keeping my body feeling really good. 

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? I could live without a lot of it. Not a huge fan of turkey, and I actually dislike pie. I have celiacs so I pass on a lot of stuff at big meals like this anyway. 

• Options
    Due date: 3/6

Any appointments? Questions?: not until 11/27! Regular check up and glucose test

Rants/Raves?: I only work a half day tomorrow, and I got some nice sale things online this week!! 

How are you feeling?: pretty good, I have some new and uncomfortable back acne, though. Thanks, baby! 

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? Ummmm, honestly I like most food, and my whole family (except DH who is vegetarian) is celiac so everything at our Thanksgiving is gf. Probably green been casserole but no one at my house ever makes it. Or maybe potatoes - - but because I have an oral allergy, not because I actually dislike them. 
  • Options

Due date: 3/1

Any appointments? Questions?: glucose test on 12/3 

Rants/Raves?: First of all, thanks to everyone who commented on my mega-rant last week. I didn't have time to respond to everyone but it was much appreciated when I was feeling pretty down and overwhelmed! 

Things are a bit calmer this week in some ways.. My partner ended up quitting his nightmare job last week so this is his last week of work. This is both a huge relief and a bit terrifying. It was ultimately the best decision for numerous reasons and it was not made lightly, but now he's scrambling for another job. I'm sure he'll at least get a low-paying seasonal job to help pay the bills for a little while he tries to find something better but people definitely look at me like "wtf" when I tell them he quit his job and they know we have a kid on the way. Ah well. I'm mostly relieved that he'll be home again. Both because I miss him and I could really use his help (wedding planning, fixing up the house, basic chores, etc.). 

How are you feeling?: Not much has changed physically. Just lower back aches and I've noticed that if I eat a little too much, I feel ridiculously full for a while. I've also noticed pains in my abdomen when I go for longer walks, around where I imagine my ovaries are (though I don't know where any of my organs are anymore..). 

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? Salad. I think all of the food on my plate should taste good if gravy touches it and gravy-covered lettuce is disgusting. Give me all of the roasted vegetables, but I will not put salad on my plate. 

@lalalauren15 happy early bday!

@maggiemadeit glad all of the exercise and diet restrictions are helping you feel better! Maybe I can use your example as motivation to start exercising again myself... 

• Options

Due date: 3/6

Any appointments? Questions?:

Nope!

Rants/Raves?: Rave: I got 11 hours of sleep last night, my house is (relatively) clean, I went to lunch with one of my best friends and my only other responsibilities today are picking up my kids from school and making dinner!

How are you feeling?: Large

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food?

Anything that contains mushrooms or olives!  Yuck. 

@chocolatelemons fingers crossed you stay healthy!

@lalalauren15 we are glucose test twins - mine is the same day!

• Options
    @abbykwail Green bean casserole is a family traditon between my mom and I. Before she passed my grandmother made it, and ever since my mom and I take turns. We celebrate with my Dad’s side, and my mom
    and I are the only people who eat it, but it’s one of those special holiday things that I can’t live without. 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/3

Any appointments? Questions?: Just had my usual appointment Friday. Blood pressure is still doing great, which I was a little worried about. My glucose test was ordered so I need to go to the lab in the next couple weeks to do that. Baby girl is doing well!

Rants/Raves?: DH and I haven't been getting a long recently and this past weekend he really made an effort to do a few extra things for me. He also rubbed my back last night before bed. Also I cleaned and organized like a crazy lady this weekend! It felt good to get rid of some of DDs random toys and old clothes and do some organizing.

How are you feeling?: Not too bad. I've been calmer recently which I think my increase in yoga at home has helped. No real cravings going on. If I get any kinks in my hips or other soreness during the day I have been stretching at night and that has been a great help too!

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? Stuffing. I'm not a huge fan of it and I think it's just a texture thing. I also do not like anything my MIL makes for holidays, it's always greasy and full of butter and salt. Luckily we aren't doing Thanksgiving with them this year.

Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options

Due date: March 9

Any appointments? Questions?: Not this week

Rants/Raves?: Rave: I have the whole week off! 

How are you feeling?: Still feeling nauseous here and there ... I actually do better if I don’t eat. I’m hoping it’s just regular pregnancy nausea and not a sign of GD ... I’m dreading that test after last time that’s when a lot of my troubles pregnancy wise started to creeep in. I have the paperwork I just have to go to lab and take the test. 

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? I’m not a huge fan of turkey (I eat it but only a little bit), green bean casserole isn’t my thing, or sweet potatoes casserole.  

• Options

Due date: 3/3

Any appointments? Questions?: Follow up anatomy scan and glucose screening this afternoon.

Rants/Raves?: I had a bit of a scare yesterday that caused me to call my doctor's emergency line prior to the office opening. I cleaned my house on Sunday and since I'm doing it all by myself at the moment it really took a toll on me and really hurt my back. When I woke up yesterday morning I was barely able to move around so I decided to take something for the pain. I have not taken anything except my prenatal and acid reflux medicine since finding out I was pregnant but the heating pad just wasn't cutting it. I couldn't find any Tylenol so for some reason I found a bottle of naproxen and thought it was the same thing. I took 2 (1000mg) and went on my way. It was about an hour before it dawned on me that naproxen was an NSAID and NSAIDs are a no-no. I tried to make myself throw it up but it had been too long. When I finally got in touch with the doctor she said that because I am still under 30 weeks it isn't too much of a concern and to just not do it again. Despite that, I was nervous all day especially since the little guy was much less active than usual. I plan to talk to her about it again today when I see her.

How are you feeling?: The back is better today but I am still feeling pretty low and tired most of the time. Sleep is becoming more and more elusive with the hip/back pain and frequent urination. 14 weeks seems so far from now, but also so soon!

GTKY: What is the worst Thanksgiving food? Pecan pie. I'm not a fan of most pies in general but pecan pie is just so gross to me.