Infertility

November 2018 IVF

Re: November 2018 IVF

• Thank you. Good luck.
  • sbjbrnsbjbrn member
    edited November 2018
    @nitnat007 We got 9. 3 follicles were empty. We got less this time than our first cycle; I’m just hoping it’s quality vs. quantity. My RE doesn’t give any updates until day two. I’ll find out tomorrow how many were mature, fertilized, etc. I guess depending on how they are looking he will decide on a 3 or 5 day transfer. 

Fertilization results sound great! 
    TTC 5+ years--> unexplained infertility
    5 IUI Cycles-BFN
    IVF Fresh Transfer 03/2018, Blighted Ovum D&C 4/2018
    FET #1 Scheduled 8/7 ☺️

• Loading the player...
  • Transfer in the morning. 
  • Stork- That percentage rate sounds amazing! So glad they are doing that this time for me. I have endo also. He got it out about 14 months ago so not sure how much is in there now. 

Christen and nitnat- that is a great report! Now for the hard part... waiting!  Hopefully you both will have a lot for day 5! Your reports sound a lot alike. Crazy! 

Sb- Really hoping you get some great quality embryos!  That stinks you have to wait until day 2 for an update! 

AFM- just got home from ER. They retrieved 36 eggs! I’m absolutely shocked because there were 22 on ultrasound Thursday. It took a lot to put me under this time so I was really loopy when I woke up lol. Apparently I woke up in the middle of the procedure and told the anesthesia nurse that I loved him. Crazy!  However, I have never felt such severe contracting pain in my life! I was fine when I left (when meds were still kicking in). Then I had my husband stop at Walmart to get me my Gatorade and a few things. I walked in to use the bath room and had to stop mid stream because I was in such severe pain. After that, it triggered severe contracting pain. I dealt with that all the way home (an hour drive). It was unbearable! I brought 2 Percocet with me and I had to take both. It has finally eased and I’m feeling a lot better now. I was very scared and still worried about developing OHSS. 

• Good luck Drew!
  • @nicole030985 that's a lot of eggs!  Congrats on the high number.  I did the same thing when I went to pee afterwards, but recovered pretty quickly.  Hope your recovery goes ok.

@nitnat007 hope you are recovering well.  Fingers crossed for those 7 embabies.

Afm:  we got our day 3 update this morning.  The two stragglers fertilized and are continuing to develop.  We still have all 8 of the fertilized eggs progressing.  Next update is Monday.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Transfer was this morning. 2 of the 5 that fertilized and was doing good on Day 3 thursday didn't make. Transferred two embryos today. Grades : 2BA and 4AB. one more they are watching to see if we can freeze it. 
  • Christen- Thanks. I also had blood this time after ER which I never had previously. 8 is a great number to still have progressing after day 3. Hoping you will get a good report Monday! 

Drew- congrats on your transfer and wishing you the best!
  • My RE never called me for my day 2 update :(.  So as of today, Day 3, I don’t know how many mature, fertilized, or are doing well. Trying to stay calm and positive. 
    5 IUI Cycles-BFN
    FET #1 Scheduled 8/7 ☺️

• Sb- I would definitely be calling them. That’s crazy they didn’t call you.

afm- The lab just called with my results and out of 36 eggs, 23 were mature and 21 fertilized with ICSI! I’m so excited and really hope that I have some nice ones make it to day 5 for freeze. I will find out more when I go in for my day 3 transfer on Tuesday. 
  • Got the call. Out of the 9 retrieved, All 9 were  mature, 5 fertilized “appropriately” and are dividing good.  Scheduled for a 5dt Tuesday morning. 
    5 IUI Cycles-BFN
    FET #1 Scheduled 8/7 ☺️

• @sbjbrn That is great. So glad that they called and gave you an update. It is so stressful waiting for that call and wondering how they are doing. 

@nicole030985 Wow! Great numbers! FX for you. 

@sbjbrn @nicole030985 Looks like we will all be transferring together on Tuesday if all goes well for all of us.  :)

AFM Of our 7 that fertilized, all are still progressing, some better than others. Just hoping for a great report come Tuesday with a couple left to freeze as backup. 
  • Sb- that is great! I bet you feel so relieved! 

Nitnat- that is awesome! So glad they are all still developing! Hoping you get some to feeeze also for backup. That’s what I am hoping for because I feel like I will be able to relax if this time doesn’t work again. I never had any for back up before. 

That is cool we we are all transferring the same day!  What time are your appointments? Mine is at 8 am. 
  • @nicole030985 that is an awesome fertilization report! 

@nitnat007 yay for the update!

I’m scheduled for 915.
    5 IUI Cycles-BFN
    FET #1 Scheduled 8/7 ☺️

• @sbjbrn That's great! What a relief to have the news. I'd be going crazy if they hadn't called. My clinic doesn't call between the day 1 fertilization report and the day 6 freeze/transfer report. Drives me crazy!

@nitnat007 Fingers crossed! Progressing is great!!

AFM, I had my Day 5 scan today. A few follicles at 8 and 10mm, a dozen or so 'less than.' So definitely not on track for the bumps crop I'd been fantasizing about. Seems to be around the same number I've had retrieved both previous times. So instead I'll just fantasize about great quality, while simultaneously preparing myself for disappointment. I feel like they're a bit bigger than they were at my day 5 appointment last time, but it doesn't look like I wrote it down, so I'm not sure what it means for transfer day. I start my antagonist Tuesday morning and my next scan is Wednesday morning. I'm really hoping for a retrieval on Friday or Saturday so I don't have to give excuses at work about why I need to miss a day and wfh the next! Again!
  • @drewsdarlin congrats on your transfer.  I have so much hope for you that everything progresses as it should.
    @nicole030985 how are you feeling?  21 fertilized is a great number! Wow!
    @sbjbrn what a relief to finally get that call!
    @nitnat007 7 still progressing is great news!  FX for continues progress.
    @nicole030985 @sbjbrn @nitnat007 good luck at transfer tomorrow! I'm a little jealous I have to wait until December, but I wish you guys the best!
    @ittybittybug-2 Quality of Quantity, that's was my mantra this cycle.  FX you get the perfect eggies out of this cycle.
    AFM: Just waiting for the Day 5 report today, hopefully some will make it to freeze today.  I expect at least the two stragglers will have to wait until Day 6 for freeze if they're still hanging in there.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Thank you. I am waiting to hear about a third embryo they were watching to see if it can be frozen. Good luck to you and your day 5 report.
  • Just got a voice mail back to my call earlier asking if they knew anything about the other embryo yet. One of the nurses called and said they just got the final report from lab and they were able to freeze the last embryo and it made it to blast stage and it is a nice looking embryo. And said we don't need to do anything about that right now. They will send us a bill sometime for freezing that embryo. And said they were able to freeze it and it is healthy looking.
  • I called back at IRH and left voice mail asking grade of embryo they froze. Nurse Sarah that was with me during retrieval called and left a message before I could get to phone. Said she was really happy to hear the news and grade of embryo that they froze is 2BB. and said glad to hear we did so well.
  • nicole030985nicole030985 member
    edited November 2018
    Christen- can’t wait to hear your update!  I didnt make it to work today because Im in more pain than I was yesterday. Feeling full and bloated. Cant really stand up straight yet. Im praying I feel better for tomorrows transfer. I couldnt really sleep either. Woke up in the middle of the night and needed the heating pad. Guess we will see tomorrow morning. All these eggs really took a toll on my body this time. Way worse than the last couple! 

I have been drinking tons of Gatorade, drinking protein shakes, and eating salty foods. Trying my hardest to prevent and OHSS but not sure if it will be enough. 

Drew- that is really nice to hear... glad you have some that made to freeze! Now you should be able to relax a little lol 

• @nicole030985 Sounds like you're doing your best to take care of yourself.  Hang in there.

AFM: My update today was pretty disappointing.  One made it to freeze today, on Day 5.  They are continuing to monitor 3 others to potentially freeze and will update me again tomorrow (that means we lost half for sure).  If we can get 3 total we'll still be one ahead of our first cycle.  This is such a rollercoaster, to go into the day thinking you have potentially 8 shots and now I'm worried we'll only have one.  I should know better than to get my hopes up, but this cycle had been going so well.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Thanks. Have one that was able to freeze. two was transferred to my uterus on Saturday and lost two of the 5 embryos between day 3 and day 5. 
  • Christen- sorry about your results... I wish they were better for you. A lot of embryos need to go 6 days though before freezing so hopefully that will be the case for you. Keep us updated.

drew- remember it only takes one! 
  • @nicole030985 Sounds like you're doing your best to take care of yourself.  Hang in there.

AFM: My update today was pretty disappointing.  One made it to freeze today, on Day 5.  They are continuing to monitor 3 others to potentially freeze and will update me again tomorrow (that means we lost half for sure).  If we can get 3 total we'll still be one ahead of our first cycle.  This is such a rollercoaster, to go into the day thinking you have potentially 8 shots and now I'm worried we'll only have one.  I should know better than to get my hopes up, but this cycle had been going so well.
    My one embryo they were watching went to day 7 before they could freeze it today. so hope yours can be frozen. good luck. 
  • @ChristenMA83 I can imagine how stressful that must be. Fingers crossed for your remaining three. Many 6-day blasts make good healthy babies (and are more often girls).

@nicole030985 I hope you feel better quickly so your transfer isn't impacted! I haven't had OHSS (although my first RE thought I did) but I always feel like I got hit by a truck after retrieval. The fluid in my abdominal cavity seems to irritate some nerves and makes it hurt to breathe, move or lay down. Even sitting is painful, especially if I try to recline at all. 
  • Hello there. I’m new to this forum and hope I am posting where I should. 
    I am a bit later than most on this thread as I am 5 days into stims. I had my first bloodwork and sonogram since starting stims and the RE didn’t seem too impressed. I wasn’t either as 3 years ago I seem to remember more follicles by now. There were only 6 measurable ones with one already measuring 18 and another around 14 and I think the others were around 12. I’m kinda bummed. My E2 was only 336 and he said it should be higher by now. So now he changed my meds and we will check in two days and he is thinking of transfer in 4 days. Looking for some positive vibes/stories. Seems that you ladies have had some excitement this cycle! FX for great transfers and also great retrievals for any remaining!
  • @nitnat007 Hope to hear great news my sweet friend! My heart will be there with you! Praying that all 7 made it and that you will have lots to choose from for transfer today <3 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @nicole030985 @sbjbrn @nitnat007 Good Luck with Transfer today!!!
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Named our 2 embabies that didn't make it after day 3. So we agreed from beginning of talking and deciding to do IVF that the embryos were babies and we would name them if we lost any of them. So, yesterday DH came up with names for the two we lost. Ivy and Ivan. He said cause they start with IV like IVF.
  • Transfer went amazing today! I had 2 embryos make it to morulas on day 3 already and that’s what we transferred. Usually I don’t get morulas till day 5.  I also still have : 10 (8 cells)
                                            4 (9 cells)
                                            3 (6 cells)
                                            1 (10 cells)
                                            1 (4 cells)
    They will call me on Thursday afternoon to let me know if any made it to freeze. But it seems this IVF is going way better than all my previous ones. I was shocked to see 2 morulas at day 3 already and now I feel better because they are put back where they belong! 
  • Hoping- that doesn’t sound bad at all for day 5. Sounds pretty good to me. I always see mine start popping up starting from day 7. 
  • Good luck nicole
  • @nicole030985 that a great report.  Figers crossed the transfer is successful.  Snuggle in little embabies!!

AFM: We had one more make it to freeze today (so 2 total) and one is still under observation for a possible freeze tomorrow.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • @nicole030985 that a great report.  Figers crossed the transfer is successful.  Snuggle in little embabies!!

AFM: We had one more make it to freeze today (so 2 total) and one is still under observation for a possible freeze tomorrow.
    Good luck 
  • nicole030985:seems like things are looking great for you this time around. Stick embies, stick!

Thanks for the positive vibes. I guess I wouldn’t be too bummed if it weren’t for the RE being slightly pessimistic. He wanted to change my meds yesterday to see if I can respond better. I usually have around 12-17 follicles at the end and from what i can remember I also would have more than 6 showing on day 5. He said there are other really small ones but I wish he seemed more optimistic. He said there should be so much estradiol per follicle and that is low too. But I read about some estradiol levels and mine seem fine but I’m not sure if the units are the same. I live in Japan for the next two years and the doctors here do things slightly different and may measure differently too. Makes it difficult.
  • @hopingforlilone it’s funny you mentioned that your RE was a bit pessimistic. After talking with some other folks also doing IVF we assumed all RE’s were that way. We figure there’s so much uncertainty that an RE being too excited or optimistic might give people too high of hopes. That’s what we tell ourselves anyway 

@nicole030985 those are encouraging numbers. Fingers crossed for you guys

@ChristenMA83 Hoping your two frozen embryos pan out for you guys. FX. 

@drewsdarlin my wife & I also debated naming the embryos. We opted not to, but hopefully for your guys it helps the process. Hoping for the best for you 

AFM: our final frozen count was 6. We are grateful to have that many, even if we got a bit excited at possibilities of having more when 22 of our 26 fertilized on day one.

We have decided to implant 2, even though my wife is under 30. We’re tentativl penciled in for FET Dec 18th. AF came yesterday so we’re on schedule for US & bloodwork Monday and pre-transfer meds next week. FX
  • Had my D8 scan today. Interestingly, the tech noted my lining is great and tri-laminar, which is interesting since I was told to expect to have a menstrual bleed over the weekend since I stopped the progesterone. It seems as though the added hormones have tricked my body into building a new lining without getting rid of the old one or something. Good to know I probably won't have to deal with AF this week! She counted 26 follicles, about 8 more than they counted on Sunday, although the majority are around 6-8mm so I know they probably won't end up containing mature eggs. A few larger up to 13mm. So no retrieval this weekend, which is unfortunate for work, but fortunate for the other things I wanted to get done this weekend. Had to order a refill of some meds since right now they want me to come back Sunday and I don't have enough meds for Saturday evening. Fortunately they were able to arrange for Friday delivery. Initially they were saying there was no way because of the holiday tomorrow. So many little stresses on this journey!
  • @Tuasdad 6 on ice is a great number.  We'll be transferring around the same date in December.  Our RE does all December transfers the week of the 17th.  I'm hoping we get in on that Monday b/c it's my Mom's birthday.

AFM: Day 7 update we lost the 3rd embryo, so we're right where we ended up the first cycle, with two on ice.  We've already decided this is our last retrieval so hopefully one or both of these embabies make it to babyhood.  If not we'll pursue other options, like Embryo adoption.  We pulled out all the bells and whistles with this round, so if it doesn't work with these embabies we feel there's no need to try the same thing again - and I'm OK with that since I know we gave it our best shot.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN