Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 11/19

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas present ever (kid-age and as an adult)?

Re: TFAS w/o 11/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 6/5

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Like @lillywonderland also hoping for an early Christmas present!!!

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: My work situation is driving me nuts. I have a job that I may or may not lose so I have one foot out the door already, and yet my boss keeps expecting me to be fully present. I am hoping one of my interviews pans out so I can just get out of there.

As a kid, definitely the year we got SNES. I know that most kids liked Sega Genesis the best but I always thought SNES was way better.

As an adult... hmm... I'm not sure! Nothing really comes to mind.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @marebear15 We just stopped nursing this past week, too. It wasn’t as hard as I thought, but I am definitely missing my morning cuddles. For car rides - We have a little bath book that I give DS along with a little stuffed bunny. Sometimes I give him tags (from clothes 😆) and receipts. He just likes to hold those, lol.

@riff323 Sega was terrible. NINTENDO ALL THE WAY! The only reason why anyone would want Sega was the Lion King game (and maybe Sonic...). lol.

*ETA Clarification since my brain works too fast.

• Options
    @marebear15 I'm so glad you got to enjoy your last BFing session!

@lillywonderland yeah, I have to admit that the Lion King and Sonic games were pretty cool. There was a game called Bubsy that I also liked (our neighbors had Sega and we had SNES, so we all got to share).
  • Options

Cycle/month: 6

WTO/TWW: WTO, but just barely.

Ages of other children: just turned 2

Thoughts about this cycle? How about we just all get early Christmas presents this year :) 

Any questions? Anybody else with a toddler--what are you getting them for Christmas?

GTKY: I'm with @lillywonderland on this one. My American Girl Doll was my fave gift. That year (I was maybe 9?) I had looked up in the catalog hour big the doll box was, and measured every single present under the tree. Well my mom clearly knew what I was doing, and ended up hiding it under my sister's bed. When she brought it out on Christmas, I knew immediately that it was the exact right size. It was the best. 

As an adult, I'm easy. Last year DH got me a massage and that was 💯

@riff323 I hope you can get the heck outta there, that work situation sounds sucky. 

@marebear15 do you think the weaning is contributing to your weird cycle? 

• Options
    @riff323 - That's a tough job situation. Hope you can get an offer soon!

@lillywonderland - Yay for getting our boobs back, lol! Ooh, I forgot about paper. Maybe I could give DD some to tear up in the car.

@jennifer_louise - I'm not really planning on getting DD much for Christmas because I know she's getting stuff from the grandparents and aunts and uncles. She'll probably just play with the boxes anyways. But I'm thinking about a Little Tikes table and chair so she can use it to color on.
    I do think weaning has made this a weird cycle! I read that weaning can cause fertility issues until your cycles regulate. But then a lot of other articles say that weaning is the only way to iron out fertility issues like LP defect, etc. So it's the solution but also the cause?? Lol idk.
  • Options
    @lillywonderland - vomit smell is seriously the absolutely worst thing in the entire world. I the car is 700 times worse, because of all the crevices.

@marebear15 Congrats on making it this far! It is such a hard and rewarding trip and I am glad you got to enjoy your last session! 

@riff323 I feel you on the job stuff. We are going through so many changes and I am nervous for March to come along because of the market I am in.

@prpl11butterfly yay for potty training being easy and a twin bed! That is a huge weekend! One day he will love when you come in and lay with him to get back to sleep. 

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 7/4

WTO/TWW? who even knows.. Not really thinking about it.

Ages of other child(ren)?  6 & 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? No christmas present for me. 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: We put all of our trees this weekend and started our craft tree earlier than normal. It is my favorite tree and my most special tree. We do an ornament a day/every other day during December and by Christmas day it is all full and happy! I love the Holiday. Even in my situation there is nothing that can get me down.

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas present ever (kid-age and as an adult)? Oh man best Christmas present ever was a sit n spin. I freaking loved that thing. Adult: A family portrait that we had made 2 years ago, MH had put on metal and it is so precious to me.

• Options
    What number are you trying for? #2

Cycle/Month? ?/13 (I don't have a predictable cycle. I've had 3 postpartum periods) 

WTO/TWW? waiting to see my fertility doc 

Ages of other child(ren)? 15 months

I'm new here, and it was suggested I join this thread as I have a LO already. A very expensive LO that was the result of a heckin time with a fertility doctor and a lot of money spent on IVF. And here we are, meeting with our fertility doctor again in a couple of weeks to discuss lighting more money on fire. 

• Options
    @kylienoin:  welcome, and sorry about the struggles -- but totally worth it!  

@prpl11butterfly :  um, you pretty much kicked this weekend's behind.  I think we *may* do potty training this weekend (gasp!) - we're home, it's going to be raining, and DD has been tinkling in the potty so much recently. I'm slightly nervous about this, though.   

Cycle/Month? Cycle 5 (no idea what month now.....effin long cycles)

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)?  2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Was all fired up and excited, but now DH will likely be out of town during FW.  Ugh.  But...temping, and started taking inositol (see below)

Any questions? When we were TTC #1, I visited the RE and he felt I was a "soft call" for PCOS (some U/S findings and blood work compatible with diagnosis, others not).  Actually had to not do any treatment at that time due to finance and work/moving, but managed to have our DD.  Now, I have lots of similar stuff happening - long cycles, about every 3rd or 4th one an-O (no longer BFing).  So, while I'm waiting to get in with RE, I'm going to take inositol as a PCOS support.  Maybe it's woo-woo, but I figure it can't hurt? Not sure if this is really a question?

Rant/Rave/Brag: nothing here

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas present ever (kid-age and as an adult)? Kid:  Molly doll (crazy how many of us had Molly!)  Adult:  Roomba!!!!  (My parents got "her" for us when I was pregnant, and I LOVE her so much!  Although, DD is now terrified, so everyday she comes home, finds Roomba, and gets worried -- "Mommy?  Meemba???  Meemba??)
  • Options
    @marebear15:  Yes, thanks to grandparents, I have very little to shop for my DD for!  Ha ha!  Honestly, I spend most of December convincing my MIL to reel it in.

@klmcguire:  the craft tree sounds like an amazing idea!  What a sweet tradition!

@riff3232:  Sega for life!   hahaha.  But that's because of Sonic (and spinball) and the Disney series of games (Aladdin, Lion King)
  • Options
    @lcking82 My parents have a Roomba too and DD (2 yrs) is STILL talking about it after visiting them a month ago. "Buppa's robot name is WOOMBA". She was so scared of it at first. PS sorry about your cycle madness and hope it gets figured out soon!

@marebear15 I hope this cycle works out for you!! If it doesn't, then hopefully your body can regulate post BFing.

@prpl11butterfly congrats on Potty Progress!! 

• Options
    @lcking82 oh yeah, I forgot about the Aladdin game! :) I hope potty training goes smoothly for you. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be!

@kylienoin welcome! I hope your stay is short!

@klmcguire your craft tree sounds amazing!

@prpl11butterfly you rock, mama! Do you think DS would listen to those special toddler alarms that light up when it's time to get out of bed? I know some kids have success with those.

@jennifer_louise hahaha your American Girl Doll story made me laugh! I can sort of relate... the year I got Samantha (sorry, my Molly friends) was the one and only year I went snooping for presents. I found her in the cellar and was excited, but then I found that Christmas wasn't very fun because I knew what I was getting.
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise I might get DS (1.5) a toy, I might not. TBH we don’t have many toys at home and I don’t want a lot of toys at home. I’m one of those “use your imagination” people and I give DS a piece of string and an empty paper towel roll. LOL. He needs clothes (almost out of the clothes we’ve been gifted at my baby shower) so I’m gonna request people give us clothes or gift cards to buy clothes. I will for sure do a new book and PJs to put in his Christmas Eve box though. 

@prpl11butterfly Wahooooo for potty training!! You get a gold star! Also, kitchenaid stand mixer ❤️. I’m still waiting for mine. I got a food processor a few years ago but I rarely use it...eep. I really want to use the stand mixer for making macarons (which I have never done, but I feel like they would be fun/delicious to make!)

@klmcguire Ugggggh the car seat was so discusting. I’m gonna get one of those “potty training” piddle pads for the car seat - I feel like it would help the vom not travel so deep in the crevices. So. Freakin. Gross. The ornament tree sounds so neat! How big is it? Is it a wooden tree or a faux tree?

@kylienoin Welcome!! I hope your stay here is short & sweet!

@Icking82 Omg, a roomba! I have wanted one of those for so long! DS saw a roomba for the first time at SIL’s house and was instantly scared by it. Poor little nugget. 🤣 Do you have carpet or tile/hardwood? Do you think it works well on carpet? We currently have carpet but ~eventually~ will get hardwood.

I’m surprised that Molly was popular - I feel like everyone wanted Samantha when I was younger. No one wanted the nerd in the glasses except for me! 🤓

• Options
    @lillywonderland American girl dolls were the best! I loved Samantha. Poor DS getting car sick! It's the worst <3

@marebear15 did you do anything to commemorate the last time nursing? I'm having a hard time coming up with something. In the car DS has travel water markers and a little coloring pad. It's all just water and when it evaporates the color on the picture goes away and you start over (he's 15 months) he likes it sometimes but usually he just dances to our music back there or plays with his stuffed animals.

@riff323  work stress sucks! I'm sorry you have that going on! Hopefully you'll find something new quickly. 

@prpl11butterfly  how are you feeling? I read last week you were having a rough time. 

@kylienoin  welcome!!!

@Icking82 I don't know anything about PCOS but I hope the RE has answers for you. PS I LOVE my roomba

@jennifer_louise my son is 15 months and for Christmas he's getting a potty chair, a toddler playset/climber, books, tickets to the toddler bounce at sky zone, clothes, a little people set, and flash cards for colors/numbers/letters. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the props ladies! I think I needed them as I've been feeling pretty low. Tonight DS just melted me heart. He rubbed my ear (which is sore as hell from forcing my daith earring in a week after surgery, ugh) and when I told him to be careful he kissed it and asked if I needed to see the dr. I told him no and that it would feel better in a few days. He looked at me and said "good, I don't want to you to ever go to drs again unless it's the dr to help you get me a baby sister" cue tears...

@lillywonderland I hope DS feels better. Sorry that your trip was busted. And that smell...ugh it lingers forever.....

@marebear15 I'm happy that your last nursing session was a beautiful one. I'll never forget mine with DS ❤

@riff323 I hope you get to leave the job soon. It's so hard to be half there and half not. But when you don't think you'll be staying, it makes it so much worse. Fx for you!

@jennifer_louise omg a massage sounds wonderful. It's been about 8yrs since my last one....

@klmcguire hugs. I'm glad that the holiday is bringing your spirits up.

@kylienoin welcome. Fx that things go quicky for you!

@lcking82 if you think shes ready, go for it! I haven't been pushing DS because I knew it would just click. We have a netobot and ds loves to check to see if hes made it home lol.

@daisy0322 thanks for asking. I'm feeling better physically. Emotionally it's day by day. This has not been a good year and I'm ready to move on.
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I don't think Roomba will ever replace normal vacuuming (at least occasionally) but we keep her running daily in our main living room and she picks up so much dust and pet hair every day!  We have hardwood and a flat weave rug- she also does great when I move her into our master (gets under bed and such) and we have a very low pile rug in there. In our old apt, she ran on some pretty low pile carpet, but I'd say she does better on hard floors. 
  • Options

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 15 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm out this cycle due to travel for thanksgiving and hunting trips .... I'm a little salty about it.

Any questions? No ma'am 

Rant/Rave/Brag: not right now just frustrated that this will definitely not be my month. However we are moving in December so it would be nice to not have morning sickness while moving. 

kid- so we didn't have a lot of money but I REALLY wanted a play house so my parents made me one out of a refrigerator box complete with curtains, a mail box, welcome mat, Christmas lights hung, etc.

Adult- well my parents are giving me granite countertops for our new house for Christmas this year so I'm gonna go with that :)
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly omg... what a sweet, sad thing for your DS to say!

@daisy0322 I'm sorry this isn't your month. Those cycles are so hard.
  • Options
    I too had a Sega as a kid, and the only 2 games I remember are Sonic and Lion King! I guess that's proof of how little variety there was compared to now. 

Cycle/Month? 4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 21 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hoping it's longer than my last cycle. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Just hoping I O this cycle. I'm probably going to buy OPKs next cycle, if no luck this month. I am not temping as DS still wakes up several times per night, and I know it would likely be inaccurate. But I hate having so little info to go on.  

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas present ever (kid-age and as an adult)? Hmm... Honestly Christmas was always great but my favorite kid and adult presents were both for different occasions. For my favorite kid present my parents got me a horse for my 12th birthday. They put a happy birthday banner on the saddle to her bridle and walking out of the house and seeing her for the first time was a moment I will never forget. As an adult, my favorite gift was a surprise trip to Ireland my husband planned for our 5th anniversary. The entire week was amazing, and Ireland was my number 1 bucket list destination. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I'm dirrybits been rough! Hopefully 2019 will be happier! 
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl I just saw that arrival you tagged me in! He is absolutely a tension increaser ... my husband and i both are too lol so that may explain a thing or two! So far we have tried a new routine of taking longer to wind down and talk about our day/read books and he actually has slept better the last few nights and napped better during the day. I think we were so stressed about bed time it was rubbing off on him and causing him to be anxious and not sleep as well. 

@marebear15 I just saw the post tagged me in on the other thread yes he is an odd ball toddler but he just gets so upset if someone is unhappy with him. I feel like people are going to think we beat him lol but he's never even heard us yell once. I am really similar though I'm a perfectionist for people to not be mad at me. 
  • Options
    @daisy0322 - I didn't really do anything to commemorate our last time nursing. I just put down the phone, because I normally scroll FB while she's nursing, and just reminisced about all the struggles and joys of nursing. When she was done and scooted down, I felt complete. Like this was the right time to close that chapter.
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I feel like you can never get the vomit smell out of the car. It just lives in there forever.

@marebear15 I’ve always just let ds pick the toy he wants to take with him. I’m forever finding trucks and trains in the car haha.

@riff323 loved our SNES! I never even knew anyone with a sega.

@jennifer_louise at that age we got ds a balance bike, duplo legos and new books since we read as part of our bedtime routine.

@prpl11butterfly hooray for potty training! I also let ds show me when he was ready and it was so easy compared to me trying to force it. He is finally staying dry at night so I think we will be able to ditch the pull-ups entirely, soon.

@kylienoin welcome! 

@lcking82 Ive found inositol makes a difference for me. Like you, I am on the fence with a pcos diagnosis. The inositol helps a lot with my carb cravings.

@daisy0322 granite countertops sounds like an awesome gift to me!

@WinchesterGirl a horse is like a dream gift lol. How awesome!

Cycle/Month? Benched/24

WTO/TWW? TWW but it doesn’t matter since I’m benched

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nothing because my temps are all over the place and I skipped quite a few days

Any questions? Anyone dealing with a threenager? Terrible twos has got nothing on 3’s. I feel like I’ve tried everything to get him to listen. Everything ends in a fight and I’m exhausted at the end of the day. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I’ve been MIA the past week. Been dealing with the stomach bug going through the house and preparing for my parents coming to visit. Not really knowing where I belong here since I’m benched, so I feel like I’m just in and out everywhere and suck at being supportive. 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas present ever (kid-age and as an adult)? As a kid, my gameboy (the original before color screens existed). As an adult, my dyson vacuum. I think that’s the year I really broke into adulthood. I was so excited for that vacuum haha. 
  • Options
    @marebear15 that sound so nice! I need to make my peace with nursing coming to an end. I feel like I'm admitting he's not my baby anymore and he is now a "big boy" I need to change my thoughts about it.
  • Options
    @daisy0322 For both of my kids’ last nursing sessions I snapped a picture and had an extra cuddle. And that was it. But I was ready to wean them. For my DS, I wanted to get KU so it was a means to another baby (wasn’t ovulating while nursing). And for my DD she was down to one session at nap and it was purely for comfort at that point. 

• Options
    @daisy0322:  My "last session" just sort of happened...it was unplanned! We had a very gradual stop to nursing, with her eating more and more food, and me pumping/nursing less and less.  Then one night, we just cuddled, and she didn't try and nurse, and it was over after that (she was around 18 months).
  • Options
    daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited November 2018
    @Mother0fDragons @icking82
    I finally figured out why weaning is so hard for me!!! It was the first thing in motherhood I felt like I didnt screw up. I had a horrible pregnancy and was on bedrest then after 41 hours of labor and 4 of pushing I had to have a c section, once he was born I had soul crushing post partum depression. Nursing came easy to me and it saved my life when I was suicidal and my son wouldn't take a bottle. I think I'm just so grateful that I was able to and scared of all the "what if" things that could've happened that it's just a big milestone for me to admit I don't need it anymore. I think realizing that too will help me come to terms with it.
  • Options
    @daisy0322 - I totally understand that feeling! I too had a csection and felt like I wasn't quite the mother I should be. DD was a NICU baby because she was overdue and had meconium aspiration, and I had an emergency csection because her heart rate dropped. She had a body cord so tight it left a bruise on her chest.
    Despite the rough beginning, and not being able to see her until at least 12 hours after birth, we managed to have no issues breastfeeding.
    If you need this for your mental health, then don't stop until you are BOTH ready. It's not completely necessary to wean before TTC, and I know tons of ladies who have gotten pregnant while bfing.
  • Options
    @marebear15 thanks  <3 I think I just need to take some time to find something to replace it for me:)
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! I introduced myself in the newbie thread a few days ago and would like to participate here! the TL;DR is that I have irregular cycles (28-42 days) so I have started tracking my cycles (CP, CM, OPKs, Temping) so I have a better idea of whats going on when its go time. This morning I sent in an online request to get my copper IUD removed in January.

What number are you trying for? 2.

Cycle/Month? technically -2. We will officially start trying in January

WTO/TWW? TWW, 3dpo

Ages of other child(ren)? DS is 22 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am SO excited that I had a legit LH surge this month. When trying for #1, it was not uncommon for me to get multiple days of positive OPKs.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas present ever (kid-age and as an adult)? Kid age was probably a My twin doll when I was 10. You send in a pic and they make the doll look like you. Adult age was a space heater to use in the bathroom lol. I hate being cold when I get out of the shower.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    Y'all ...I broke down and finally learned the FF app... it's amazing! I love it why was I so stubborn? 
  • Options
    @daisy0322 FWIW the FF app interface is really ugly and the menu choices are not super intuitive so that probably didn’t help. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏