July 2019 Moms
Options

Freebies/Steals/Deals Thread

Share sales, freebies, coupon codes, etc that our mamas will enjoy! 

Re: Freebies/Steals/Deals Thread

• Options
    Baby Box Co: take a brief online course about baby sleep safety and receive a sturdy box (that doubles as a bassinet) filled with educational materials and coupons. https://www.babyboxco.com/ 
    Target: The top banner of the Baby section in the app says, "Free $10 gift card when you buy 2 packs of diapers & use Order Pickup."
    Breast Pumps: from what I understand, most major insurance companies in the United States will cover the cost of a breast pump. Can any USA STMs back this up? Do they let you pick whatever pump you want?
  • Options
    mamanbebemamanbebe member
    edited November 2018
    @hestia14 yes on breast pumps, it depends on the insurance what their policy but some do medela or provide you an allowance for your choice amongst certain brands. I have united and I believe they do the allowance. 

Edit, benefit is something of a month before due date, I think. Not earlier. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hestia14 pretty much every pump was covered by my insurance last time.  
  • Options
    @hestia14 My insurance company (Anthem BSBC) covered a few models including the Medela model I wanted. I had some issues with the suppliers, as it was something you have to ask for yourself. Some of the suppliers would not provide me a pump until after the baby arrived and I'd have to make the claim on my own. I finally found an online one (not sure who), who filed the claim and fulfilled my request by mail prior to delivery so I didn't have to figure out all the paperwork and wait on a pump while recovering from my emergency c-section.
  • Options
    My insurance covered a specific pump last time. I had to be within 5 weeks, I think, of due before I could get it and my dr just had to fax them an order for it. It was shipped directly to me. I could "upgrade" to the premium package and pay the discounted rate for all the extras that came with that pump (bag, extra tubing, extra flanges) but chose not to. If I get that option again, I'm getting the bag meant for my pump. It's so much easier than trying to use a regular bag. 
  • Options
    @mamanessen Ooooh thanks for sharing that! 
  • Options
     https://shopstyle.it/l/VDj1

$24.99 Graco P&P.... it was posted on my deals website. I don't know how long it will be until it is unavailable/sold out! 
  • Options
    Pregnancy body pillows are on sale on Amazon under the daily deals
  • Options
    I'm just seeing this thread but @hestia14 my insurance covered two different pump brand. I was able to order it at any time and got it probably around 20 weeks with my second. Closer to 30 with my first. There's a certain website you can go through that will tell you all the brands you insurance covers. When I think of what it's called I'll post it. 
  • Options
    I think Aeroflow is the company that will work with your insurance to get your breast pump.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    @leendenny yes! That's the one I was thinking of!
  • Options
    I guess this counts as "ask an STM+," but I wanted it to live on this thread because it's on the topic of sales and deals. Which subscription services, retail websites, or wholesale clubs do you find the most useful for the new mom stage or baby supplies? I've looked at Amazon Prime subscriptions, Prime Pantry, Jet, Walmart grocery pickup, different wholesale clubs...has anyone used these and are they worth it?
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    edited December 2018
    @hestia14  I don't know what I'd do without my Amazon Prime! 2 day shipping comes in handy when you're stuck in the house with baby. Also, it kept me from buying a bunch of baby items I would have not really needed, because I knew I could wait and if I needed them, could get them in 2 days.

Prime also gets you online access to Video Prime, Amazon's version of Netflix. Lots of great shows  and movies there.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hestia14 The only one I use is Amazon Prime subscriptions.  I still use it for diapers and wipes and previously used it for breast milk storage bags as well.  Definitely comes in handy so you don't have to remember to get them and the timing of my deliveries always seems to work out.  You can adjust the delivery days along the way as well if you realize you'll need something sooner or want to wait longer.
  • Options
    @hestia14 I've also used Amazon Prime subscriptions. I used to use Diapers.com for diapers and wipes but then it was absorbed into Amazon Prime. Depending on your diapering choices, if you are going with disposable, you can usually find a pretty good deal on Amazon Prime but sometimes the niche diaper brands like Naty (all clean natural, biodegradable) also offer a better deal through their own subscriptions. For a while, I used Amazon for formula subscription but during hot weather you can end up with spoiled product. 

Overall though, as other posters have stated, Amazon Prime is invaluable. Being able to get baby gear, supplies, food, etc quickly without having to run around town is a life-saver. 
  • Options
    Walmart grocery pickup has saved me so much time and stress. I just ordered everything I need for hosting Christmas. $160 worth of groceries will be walked out to my car and loaded in 5 minutes. Beats walking around that God forsaken store in heels for a damn hour after work. (Note: I loathe Walmart, but it's all my small town has.)

Also love me some Amazon Prime. All Christmas gifts were delivered straight to my door. Will definitely be checking out the subscription side of things.
  • Options
    @cindler How well does Walmart do when it comes to ordering produce or perishables? The only thing that makes me uneasy about ordering groceries online is that whoever's putting together my order could pick out a wrinkled bag of grapes, milk that will expire in two days, etc.
  • Options
    Boxed is good online wholesale like Costco/Sam's Club. I just tried it out for school snacks. 
  • Options
    OMG, @hestia14 I didn't see your questions until today. I'm sorry. I have had no issues with the perishable food I get. It's just people in the store going through the store and bagging items, so it can be kind if a crap shoot. For instance, You dont get to pick how ripe you want your avocados or bananas. I did notice today, though that the milk I got on Thursday expired on Monday, which seems like a shorter window than normal. Another thing is that if the store doesn't have what you ordered, they will substitute for something else. You can choose no substitutions or decline the sub if it's not what you want.

I should clarify, I use the Walmart Grocery app. The Walmart app (where it gets delivered to your house) is different. I would highly suggest everyone who has it, give grocery pickup a try! It's been a game changer for me!!!
  • Options
    mamanessenmamanessen member
    edited January 2019
    Wren & Ivory is having a buy one get one 1/2 off sale today with the code 'SOLONG2018'! I have been searching for maternity wear that I can grow into and then wear postpartum. Wren & Ivory has a huge selection of beautiful 'bump friendly' dresses that seem perfect for that purpose! Some of their dresses are a little expensive but they have a great clearance & sales section as well.
  • Options
    @mamanessen I love wren and ivory!!! 

Motherhood is having 40% off and free shipping. I just got a bathing suit top for $6. 
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    edited January 2019
    I just scored a Graco travel system (newborn car seat & stroller) for $99 in store at Target. It was regularly $199.

Target is marking down all of last years models in store to make way for the new models to be put out on display. Online prices are not the same as in store. 

Lots of other baby items are also starting to get clearanced out too, rnp, pack n play, etc. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip @key33! DH and I went to Target yesterday and the clearance items were mostly picked through, but we were able to get an umbrella stroller and pack n play on clearance :) 

Side note, I guess Old Navy doesn't sell maternity clothing in store, just online. Oh well...
  • Options
    @hestia14 - Your welcome!

Also, in our area, some Old Navy stores have maternity in store and some do not. You used to he able to look online to see what stores do. 
  • Options
    @hestia14 Adding to what @key33 said, it's the same with Gap. Typically, if you can find a BabyGap store, you will find maternity wear in the back of the store, but not in the regular Gap stores. 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe I didn't even realize GAP had a maternity section, oooh. I am not going to fit my maternity clothes well past the 20wk mark, sadly. I should have lost more weight since the first one. Why oh why are these so expensive?
  • Options
    @foodislove I know :( I'm tempted to check out one of the second hand maternity stores here just to save a few bucks. I sent most of my clothes to storage yesterday and only have baggy sweaters and my husbands old tshirts to wear for tops, but not looking forward to dropping a bunch of $$ on rouched-sided shirts that I can only wear for 6 months. 
  • Options
    @hestia14 during my last pregnancy (last year) Old Navy stopped carrying maternity in store. So did H&M. According the people I spoke with at both stores it's online only now. Huge bummer!
  • Options
    Gymboree is declaring bankruptcy and plans to close all ~900 of its stores. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gymboree-closing-all-stores-as-retailer-declares-bankruptcy/ 
  • Options
    hestia14 said:
    Gymboree is declaring bankruptcy and plans to close all ~900 of its stores. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gymboree-closing-all-stores-as-retailer-declares-bankruptcy/ 
    Coming here to post exactly this! I’m so excited that we find out what the baby is next week! 
  • Options
    My local Marshall’s is selling Honest Co diapers at 30% off regular price. They might have them at other locations, too!
  • Options
    copied from facebook
    Baby gear steals!!!! All of these have coupons on the listing!
    Fisher Price deluxe Rock n Play–> https://bit.ly/2DxAhJb 
    Fisher Price AUTO Rock n Play (price drop, no coupon, 'windmill' color)–> https://bit.ly/2SuKEYw
    4Moms Mamaroo–> https://bit.ly/2Dvud3V 
    4Moms Play yard–> https://bit.ly/2SsDiEF
    4Moms high chair (backordered)–> https://bit.ly/2DvL06H

• Options
    Mamaroo is on sale at buybuybaby and then you can use your additional 20% off coupon on top of it! Comes out to about 140!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I haven't checked all of these out yet but wanted to share Walmart's Baby Save Day thing that's tomorrow... https://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/deals-shopping/fl-bz-walmart-baby-saving-day-event-feb-23-20190222-story.html
  • Options
    Follow up to @nerdtoyourmother post about the Walmart baby sale... Apparently they're offering coupons and samples too. It's from 10:30-4:30. It's probably worth checking out even if it's only for the freebies.
  • Options
    Target's "Big Baby Sale" runs 2/24-3/2. One of the deals is buy $100 worth of qualifying baby stuff and use order pickup to get a $20 Target gift card - I might use this to stock up on different brands of diapers!
    https://www.target.com/c/baby/-/N-5xtly?lnk=baby 
  • Options
    Last two days to shop Gymboree online! Everything online is 70% off lowest ticketed price. I just got a winter coat for $11.70!