April 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 11/12

1235»

Re: Randoms w/o 11/12

• Good to know, @angelob88.  I'm worried I'll actually pee myself while they're doing the scan if I drink 32 ounces first!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @professormama I think I had to drink somewhere in the region of 12 to 16 with DD an hour beforehand. But they also had me pee halfway through and had to bring in the head tech cause she absolutely would not cooperate and they were having a hell of a time getting all the measurements they needed. 

Also I swear my scan was at like 18 or 19 weeks and some days or something last time but when I called to schedule this one they said they wouldn’t do it before 20 weeks. Like the tech would send you home if they pulled up your chart and saw you weren’t there yet. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Tonight is the first time ever that I’ve had brussel sprouts and I gotta say I’m not a fan. 

The doc wanted me to start eating the diabetic diet just in case and I am trying to eat a bigger variety of veggies so I don’t get burned out on them like last time. 

I think I’ll cross this one off the list. No thanks. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• professormamaprofessormama member
    edited November 2018
    @thatbaintforbetty how were they cooked? Brussels sprouts are amazing if they’re halved and roasted until crispy and brown, then tossed with some raisins and balsamic vinegar. Hell, just roasted really well with plenty of salt and pepper. Crispy outer leaves is key though. 
  • @professormama pretty much exactly that way. I roasted them with olive oil, salt and pepper till crispy. I went to Ina Garten for a recipe since I’d never made them before. It said to make sure crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. She usually never lets me down but I just think I’m not a fan of the flavor. I mean with enough sauce/cheese/bacon/seasoning they would probably be okay but that would probably make the healthy-ness a moot point. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty I usually love Brussels sprouts but can’t stand them while pregnant. The bitterness is more obvious to me now, super gross. Just saying, maybe you could give them another shot while not pregnant.

I am on a big artichoke kick right now, so maybe that’s something for you to try mixing in for veggie variety? I think they’re great plainly steamed, skipping any need for butter or cheese. 
  • @mesweettea the brussel sprouts didn’t really taste bitter, but I will give them a go when not pregnant just to be sure. I love artichokes, but don’t make them often since they are usually more labor intensive then I feel like dealing with. I don’t think I could eat them without butter though, lol. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Yay for short work weeks. My boss is also off all week soooo I will probably watch a lot of Netflix lol 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @thatbaintforbetty I used to hate Brussels sprouts until I had them
    smothered in frank’s hot sauce with a side of ranch. A little garlic butter drizzled on top doesn’t hurt either. Not the healthiest, but yum! It’s like Brussels sprouts wings. 
  • I looooove BSprouts. Either just roasted with olive oil, S&P, and a little garlic powder, or with bacon, walnuts and a little maple syrup. There's a place around here that also has some amaaazing shredded balsamic bsprouts.
  • I love brussel sprouts!! My mom hates them because her mom would just microwave them to death and the whole house would smell like death so I never had them until I made them a couple years ago.  I could eat them everyday I think.  And I agree with everyone else, roasted is best!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kosmo86 my boss is also off all week and it’s going to be a slow week for us! But I’m there for the couple things that will at some point probably pop up. I’m probably going to spend a lot of time online, planning my shopping/playing games and bumping. 

@midway_mouse that sounds bomb but Franks is too spicy for me :( 

@MRDCle I dislike most vinegar-y things. I can only handle a certain few vinaigrettes. I’ve been very hesitant to try things with balsamic. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes