April 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 11/12

Re: Randoms w/o 11/12

• @professormama hey at least it didn't happen next week! Decent timing on your cars part!
    @kosmo86 day dates are SO nice. We haven't had one since like, 2016 ha. Have fun!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @thatbaintforbetty that’s awesome! Congrats!
  • @thatbaintforbetty congratulations!!! That’s amazing!! I’d say you need a celebratory drink... but maybe a celebratory pint of ice cream? Or half a glass of champagne? Lol. But yay!!!
  • @thatbaintforbetty Congratulations!! I'm sure that's such a huge relief for you!
  • I've been working on my annual real big project AND starting to train people to cover me for maternity leave this week, and my brain is fried. I just spent 20 minutes mindlessly reading through the comments section of a Scary Mommy article about vaccinating. I thought a break would help me get back to focusing but now I'm just tired. 
  • @thatbaintforbetty hooray! Congratulations!
  • The way I'm breathing is annoying myself. I have a little whistle when I breathe out and nothing I've done (at work) has taken it away. I'm turning on music so I don't annoy myself. This is what this day has come to.
  • @thatbaintforbetty yay! That's so exciting!

I've been so sick this week and I went to the chiropractor today and she did something with my sinuses...all I can say is that it is amazing to finally be able to breathe. Who knew a chiropractor could do that on top of straightening everything out...super impressed and happy it fell on this week.

• @thatbaintforbetty, congrats!  That's awesome!  Must be a huge relief to know you'll have a guarantee of employment even after babe.  :smile:

I got a snow day from work today, and it's still coming down.  I think we already have 8 inches and the roads are a mess.  I'm just glad this is the official start of my Thanksgiving vacation!

Plus playing in the snow with DS made me smile :smile:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @professormama what great luck that you’re still under warranty! And your sister could loan you her car.  Also thanks for the intragram ideas, I’ll have to check them out

@thatbaintforbetty congrats! 

@angelob88 my chiropractor does something to my sinus too that gives me so much relief. 
  • @mrstmoose I hope your day got better! I hate feeling that pointlessly annoyed.

I don’t usually get TMJ/mouth problems, but part of my jaw feels so painful and clicky when I try to bite down. I hope it passes soon- my teeth aren’t messed up/no infection, it’s just making me very cranky. 

Can’t wait for the weekend...
  • My mom, sister and I make things and sell them in craft markets around our city and this weekend is our first sale of the season.  I signed us up for both days.  Why?!  I'm totally regretting committing myself to so much.  I like doing them, though we never really make a ton of money, but I'll have to spend all night getting all my stuff together and tagged tonight.  It's my own fault for procrastinating but I'm going to bitch and moan none the less.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • kangstadtkangstadt member
    edited November 2018
    @lin0442, that's no fun, sometimes my jaw gets clicky like that also.  Hope it stops soon for you! 

@mermaidca, that's how I feel when I do farmers markets.  I don't really feel bad about taking next summer off since I never make that much money at them, but I do enjoy baking goodies regularly.  But I figure dragging toddler + newborn along will be too stressful to do markets also.  Good luck at your sale!  

This snow we got is so wet and heavy, ugh!  Yesterday was nice to get a snow day for myself, but I just tried shoveling our driveway for an hour and barely got anything done.  I'm now inside trying to stop sweating and feeling like crap from my sciatica.  I feel bad dumping it on DH, but he's gonna have to try to do some cause I'm exhausted already.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mermaidca what kinds of things do you make/sell?

@kangstadt I figure if I wait for long enough the rain will melt the snow away and I won’t have to shovel at all. I mean, half was gone by morning, and I’m seeing grass already. 
  • @lyse01 We do crochet and knitting and my mom and sister also paint.  My mom tends to do more ornaments but my sister does canvases.  I just stick to the crochet, I didn't get the artistic genes they did.  I just follow patterns haha!
  • I'm missing DS hard today/having loooots of feelings re: him growing up so fast. Yesterday he was writing his name without any help and asking for help to write mommy and daddy. I just wanna snoogle him. Thank goodness next week we will have lots of time together. 
  • @mrdcle so cute!  What a nice momma you have!  Once you get the hang of crochet it's stupid easy.
  • DH, DD and i all went to bed before 9pm last night. And we were all up by 4am.

I am somehow still exhausted and super glad it's Friday. Also projectile vomiting in the shower makes for an unpleasant morning. Also now i need to deep clean my shower.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • @mermaidca I just don't have the patience for it. I've done two or three lines before and then I'm just frustrated. 

@thatbaintforbetty sorry for the barfs and exhaustion. TGIF though for sure. 
  • @mermaidca but how do your kids not destroy the project in process? This has seriously been my crafting downfall the past year.
  • @lyse01 I don't know!  My kids are pretty good about not touching things after I tell them not to.  And thankfully crochet is really easy to keep your place, there's only one loop going.  Nothing like knitting where if it falls off one needle I'm always lost!  I also tend to do it when they're in bed and I'm just watching TV or something.
  • lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited November 2018
    Haven’t been too active the last couple of days. I’m struggling. Nothing out of the ordinary. Massive anxiety and a ton of tailbone and back pain from working and just general mental exhaustion. So many little things piled up this week. I’m trying to stay upbeat and positive, especially considering my anatomy scan is in 4 days. That just makes me even more anxious. Idk. I didn’t mean for this to get so ranty, but... there you go. I doubt I’ll be back on before my scan, so I hope y’all have a GREAT weekend, and good luck with any Thanksgiving prep! 

ETA I’ll probably lurk because I can’t avoid this place 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @lilpotatomama no shame in dropping some of the less critical things in order to focus in on anxiety sources. Good luck, we’ll be here when you get back :)
  • I’m sitting in the lab (yay for Saturday hours) about to start my 2 hour glucose test. 

I am so damn hungry. And cranky. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty, the hanger is real while pregnant, haha.

Also, I think it's a special kind of torture for the anatomy scan... they want me to drink 32 ounces of water an hour and a half before my appointment, and then my appointment will supposedly take an hour and a half.  Three hours with two pints of water in my bladder?!  Gah!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt Damn, that’s super rough. I was told 8oz an hour before. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @professormama, that all looks and sounds amazing!  High fives :smile:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @professormama that looks great! I wish my cheese boards looked that amazing
    @kangstadt I don’t remember my anatomy scans taking that long. But it is torture that pregnant women have to do that on a full bladder
  • @kangstadt Damn, that’s super rough. I was told 8oz an hour before. 
    I don’t remember having to have a full bladder for Mine last time. And I have one scheduled in 2 weeks, and no one gave me any instructions. Really strange that they’re asking that from you. 
  • @kangstadt I hate that they make us drink so much before those scans. Hospital recommended 32 onces in 2 hours. My midwife said go to the bathroom an hr before a the appointment and just drink 8oz in that hour I should be fine, which is what I did and I was bursting, it worked well for us at the 15 week scan so I'm going to follow her advice for the 20 week as well.

• @professormama I didn’t get any instructions like that either and mine is on Wednesday.