23% 14 votes
Henry
55% 33 votes
Oscar
16% 10 votes
Rex
5% 3 votes

Re: Which name do you prefer?

• Walter is so refreshing! I love it, and sounds very professional when he grows up. 
  • I voted for Walter. I like Henry a lot but it is so popular and only becoming more popular most likely. 

Rex sounds incomplete to me and more of a dog name.

Oscar could be good but I still have a strong association with “the grouch”
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Walter, followed by Oscar and Henry. 

Rex doesn't compare.
  • I picked Oscar, but had a hard time picking. All the names are great. I have a slight issue with Rex because in high school, we had a kid named Rex. His friends called him Oral (as in Oral Rex) all four years! Not in a bullying way, but in a funny "friends" way. (My mind goes right to that story every time that I hear the name Rex)  The odds of that nickname happening again is VERY small, but I wanted to throw that out there. 
    Adding: Gus and Jed
  • Walter is great and unexpected 

Henry is just tired and Oscar is kinda getting there especially with Oliver also climbing 

Rex is a hard no. My cousin used this and has regretted it ever since. Her son now 6 gets comments non stop. Oh I had a dog named Rex how fun. Hey T-Rex . Rex Ryan. Oh like the dinosaur.

serously people have no filter 

• I like Walter. To me, it is a strong name.
  • I'm pleasantly surprised to see such a positive response to Walter!  We think it's pretty cute, but worried it was maybe too 'old man'.  I love Henry, but I worry it's on track to being too popular.  Your comments seem to confirm that concern.  We're dropping Rex, but possibly adding Thomas to our list. :-) 
  • I like Thomas! Had that name been in the poll, I would have voted for it. I went with Henry (despite it trending) because Walter and Oscar both sound like disgruntled middle-aged men names to me (sorry!). Walter makes me think of Walter from Fringe, comedian Jeff Dunham's grouchy old man puppet and Walter White from Breaking Bad.
  • Thomas would get my vote!!
  • theofrank said:
    I'm pleasantly surprised to see such a positive response to Walter!  We think it's pretty cute, but worried it was maybe too 'old man'.  I love Henry, but I worry it's on track to being too popular.  Your comments seem to confirm that concern.  We're dropping Rex, but possibly adding Thomas to our list. :-) 
    Not a fan of Thomas...... if you feel that Walter sounds old manish (sorry, but babies grow into kids who grow into adults, so the name ages well) would you consider Wallace? 
  • I Love Walter. We have one in our family. Walter David. He is 20 months old. He carries the name well. His mom gets tons of compliments on his name.
  • Walter just reminds me of Walter White (Breaking Bad). Henry is nice and classic. Oscar makes me think of the awards or the Grouch. Rex remind me of dinosaur from Toy Story. Hope that helps at all. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If Thomas was a choice I would have voted for that.

I agree Walter has an old man vibe but I think it’s one of the old man names that are ready for a comeback but won’t get too popular.