Infertility
Options

Endometriosis recurrence

Hi— anyone else suffer from endometriosis and have more than one laparoscopy??? I had my first one in September 2015 after two years of fertility treatments/TTC and got pregnant literally the following month. Part of me wants to do the surgery again bc I felt like it has been the only thing that has worked for me. My doc says it takes years for Endo to build up like that and he doesn’t think there would be enough there to warrant another laparoscopy since I was pregnant for 9 months then breastfeeding (with no period coming back for a year), I was also stage 1 Endo. I have seen on other message boards where some Endo patients have laps like six months apart.  He just always says surgery is invasive but I’m like mmmm IVF is invasive too! 

Anyone have any opinions/successes any info on having more than one laparoscopy? 

Re: Endometriosis recurrence

• Options
    Hi @ashleykilmer6! I have endo. I have had 2 lap surgeries. 1 was to remove mild endo in May 2017 then I just had another this past August. I got the 2nd one because I had a cyst. I decided to do the surgery in place of draining the cyst because my RE remove any endo that was there while he was in there and I definitely did have some! Still mild though. I think it's good to get an opinion from the doctor but I feel like ultimately it is your decision and you decide what you want to do!
  • Options
    @melcab7 thank you so much for answering! I am still scratching my head so much at what to do. We meet w RE Tuesday.  Have you had many fertility treatments like IUI OR IVF? What stage are u for Endo? I was stage 1 when he did the lap 3 years ago. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @melcab7 also what made your doc want to drain the cyst? I had a cyst after my September/ October IUI and they did nothing... they said they go away on their own or I could take birth control to shrink it???