Baby Names

Baby girl names - opinions?

Hello everyone!  I haven't posted on here in close to 4 years but we are expecting baby #2 in March and need to name her.  Our son's name is Camden and we're thinking Nicole for a middle name.  Any thoughts/opinions/suggestions on the following list:
  • Delaney
  • Breanne
  • Tessa
  • Zoey
Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Baby girl names - opinions?

• Tessa is the only name from your list that appeals to my taste. If you use Zoey, I would drop the Y for proper spelling and allows the name to age well with your daughter as she grows. Zoe
  • Delaney was on our list with our daughter, so I love that! Tessa is probably my second favorite. None of them are bad though. :)

Breanne Nicole doesn't flow super well though since the first name ends with an 'n' sound and the middle starts with it. But middle names aren't used all that often so it isn't a huge issue anyway.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • saham07 said:
    Tessa is the only name from your list that appeals to my taste. If you use Zoey, I would drop the Y for proper spelling and allows the name to age well with your daughter as she grows. Zoe
    Thank you, saham07.  I was including the "y" because I wasn't sure if the dots above the "e" were necessary if there was no "y".  I just did some research and it seems that in the US, the umlaut (I think it's called) is not necessary and people will pronounce it correctly.  This is the most recent name to arrive on our list so we're still feeling it out.  I appreciate your input!
  • Delaney was on our list with our daughter, so I love that! Tessa is probably my second favorite. None of them are bad though. :)

Breanne Nicole doesn't flow super well though since the first name ends with an 'n' sound and the middle starts with it. But middle names aren't used all that often so it isn't a huge issue anyway.
    Good point.  Thank you for pointing that out.  Delaney is my favorite, just trying to make sure it's "the one".
  • This is a great list! The only name I'm personally not fond of is Zoe/Zoey and that's only because of how trendy it became in recent years (otherwise I think it's a great name too!). I like Delaney best; I haven't seen that name come up in people's name lists here before.
  • Tessa please
  • Tessa!

And then Zoe, no y.

I agree that Breanne Nicole doesn't flow well. Also I've never been fond of Delaney, it sounds very little kid to me, like it won't age well.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Tessa gets my vote! Followed by Delaney. I do like Zoey, but I think I know more cats with that name than kids lol. Not a fan of Brianne, and agree it doesn’t flow well.
  • Brianna Nicole flows a lot better than Breanne. Or maybe Brenna Nicole.

I don’t really like Delaney.  I don’t usually like surnames and I associate it with other trendy ones like MacKenzie, Cassidy, or McKenna that seem to be on their way out. 

Tessa or Zoe work well.

Suggesting

Bridget 
    Chloe
    Leah
    Delia 
    Delilah

• Zoe is the only name that appeals to me.  But spelled without the y.  
  • I like Tessa
  • mb0112 said:
    Brianna Nicole flows a lot better than Breanne. Or maybe Brenna Nicole.

I don’t really like Delaney.  I don’t usually like surnames and I associate it with other trendy ones like MacKenzie, Cassidy, or McKenna that seem to be on their way out. 

Tessa or Zoe work well.

Suggesting

Bridget 
    Chloe
    Leah
    Delia 
    Delilah

I do like Brenna!  I'll have to suggest that one to my husband.  
    He already turned down Chloe because of the Kardashians  :#
  • Thanks, everyone!  Thankfully we still have about 18 more weeks to make a decision.