Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro: Week of 11/14/18

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):

Re: Newbie Intro: Week of 11/14/18

• Hey guys!  I am new here 

Been trying to conceive since June 2018.

My husband and I are both 32, I'll be 33 in January 

Early Miscarriage (suspected ectopic, not confirmed, ended with methotrexate shot) September 2018

I just started clomid today and my doc also prescribed me prometrium since I have a SHORT luteal phase (8-9 days).  Last cycle, we just just the clomid alone to see if it would lengthen my cycle and surprise, surprise, IT SHORTENED IT!  So, I plan to take prometrium, in addition to the clomid to try to lengthen my luteal phase and my cycle in general.  My question is, when should I start taking the prometrium?  My doc said I should start taking it after from CD 8 - CD 28, which sounds not right to me?  Everything I read says that you should take prometrium until AFTER you ovulate?  Any ideas?  I even asked the nurse about it and she confirmed that I should start taking it from CD 8 - CD 28?

Help!
  • Loading the player...
  • @klmcguire - So sorry to see you back here. 
  • @mpauer are you seeing an RE or just your normal obgyn? I would trust what your doctor has recommended and give them a call if you have any specific questions. If they aren't verifying ovulation with ultrasound they may be thinking that maybe you're ovulating sooner due to the clomid. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Thanks @marebear15 sad to be back honestly, but thankful to have good support. 

• @mpauer:  welcome!  We're glad you're here.  Agree with tamalahoops above - are they monitoring?

@klmcguire:  mentioned in TCAL, but **hugs***
  • @klmcguire I am so, so sorry to see you back here. I hope you and YH are doing okay. 
  • @tamalahoops Thank you for your input.  I am being seen by my OB only right now.  Also, I am not being monitored.  It seems to be a little scary for me since I know there is a risk of multiples.  I would feel more comfortable if I was monitored but I don't know if that is an option at my practice.  I would also just hate to waste a cycle, if the progesterone does stop ovulation.  Who would have thought trying to conceive would be so confusing and hard?
  • @klmcguire sad to see you back here. :(
  • @klmcguire and @prpl11butterfly So sorry and sad to see you back here. Thinking about you and sending love and support. 
  • @klmcguire @prpl11butterfly ❤️❤️❤️ Thinking about you both and so sorry to see you back here.
    @mpauer Welcome! I would definitely listen to your doctor. Do you have an online portal where you can ask a question without having to go in? Or you could always call the office if you are concerned about the timing of when you’re supposed to take the medication. 
  • @klmcguire and @prpl11butterfly I’m sorry to see
    you both back here. 

@mpauer Welcome! I hope you and your drs are able to figure out your short lp and that your time here is short. 
  • @prpl11butterfly I'm sorry for your loss and so sorry to see you back here.
  • edited November 2018
    @prpl11butterfly Words cannot convey how truly sorry I am to see you back here.

*spelling error
  • @prpl11butterfly - It hurts my heart to see you back here. *hugs*
  • @themadcamel Welcome! All of the women on this board are so knowledgeable. I spend a lot of time in the Chart Stalk threads learning tons from other people's questions. 
  • @themadcamel yay Midwest! Hopefully all goes well with your appointment and testing. 
  • @themadcamel yay tattoos! I hope your appointment goes well.
  • @heml It’s amazing how informed everyone is! I’ll check out Chart Stalk threads; thanks for the recommendation. 

@b_1029 and @riff323 thank you, I hope so too. I’m a little nervous, but it’ll be good to know. 
  • Ages (you and SO): 27 and DH is going to be 29 soon.

How many months have you been TTC?: Started this month but in limbo with TTA or TTC. We have a cruise in March and I am unsure if I want to risk being preggo on it.

What are you doing to get knocked up: I am using Wondfo OPKs to help track my ovulation and Ovia. Haven’t started temping yet.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I was frequent on the thread in 2015 when TTC my first! I am now back! I had DS in September 2016. DH is in the Air Force and I work at a grocery store.

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi. I'm new here.  Babies mentioned? Is that a thing here? I have a toddler. I know children can be touchy topics on TTC boards. 

Ages (you and SO):  We're both in our early 30's :) 

How many months have you been TTC?:  We've been not trying, but not preventing since LO was born 8/2017

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: Giving a doctor a lot of money? LO was an IVF baby, so we're heading back to the clinic next month to talk about a frozen transfer.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): Hobbies? Keeping a toddler alive. Pretty much that. Keeping a toddler alive. Also photography. 
  • @kylienoin Welcome!! Hope you're not here long. Thanks for intro-ing yourself. I loled at your "Giving a doctor a lot of money?"

There are certain places we talk about our kids on this board (here, for one). There's also a TFAS thread (Trying for a sibling) where we freely talk about our little ones. Generally we don't talk about kids, pregnancy, losses, etc in the daily threads unless it's super relevant (put a TW or spoiler in that case) 😋

• @kylienoin Welcome!! Hope you're not here long. Thanks for intro-ing yourself. I loled at your "Giving a doctor a lot of money?"

There are certain places we talk about our kids on this board (here, for one). There's also a TFAS thread (Trying for a sibling) where we freely talk about our little ones. Generally we don't talk about kids, pregnancy, losses, etc in the daily threads unless it's super relevant (put a TW or spoiler in that case) 😋

Thanks! I spent some time on babycenter while TTC #1 and I know it can be hurtful to see pregnancy/child mentions, so just trying to learn the lay of the lay of the land here. 
  • *TW* 

Hi Ladies, 

I’m new to the TTC board but I’ve been a part of 2 birth month board.  

Months TTC:  originally started May 2018 & got pregnant right away but the pregnancy ended with a MMC in July. Then was given the go ahead to try again in late Sept & got pregnant right away again but unfortunatly it ended with a MC 2 weeks ago. the OB would prefer that I wait until after 1 AF b4 we try again but thats only b/c its helpful for dating the LO. 

WAYDTGKU?  Currently free love whenever we feel inspired. Once I have a normal AF I can start back temping, timing DB ect.  I was referred to a fertility clinic so i’m waiting on that call. 

About me. I don’t have an biological children.  DH has a sweet 9 yr old daughter & we’ve raised her together since she was an infant. No pets b/c DH is allergic to everything.  We love socializing, spending time with extended family, hosting friends & random dance parties in my living room.  We also love the gym. 

I wanted to also say hi to @prpl11butterfly <3
  • TW: living child, previous losses, struggles with anxiety and depression

Hi everyone! I have read through the descriptions in the regular check in threads, and I am not quite sure if I really fit in anywhere. I seem to be in a slightly atypical position so I wanted to explain where I am coming from and see if you’ll have me :)

DH and I (both 31) are planning to begin TTC for #2 after my first cycle in the new year. However, I have PCOS so I have begun intentionally tracking my cycles (CP, CM, OPKs, temping) so when its go time I will have more understanding of what my body is doing. TTC #1 was very traumatic for me. I had two missed miscarriages (my D&Cs were 6 months to the day apart) in 2015. I was kicked out of the same giant wave of babies twice, with someone due the same week as me both times. Between testing, having a hysteroscopic septoplasty, and a mental breakdown I was benched for a year before conceiving DS (born January 2017). So even though we are currently TTA (I have a copper IUD), TTC is filling a lot of my brain space and I would like an outlet. I never participated on this board before, but I was very involved in tttc, ttcal, and the J17 BMB. So with all that said, which check in (if any) should I join?

Some more about me: I am currently a SAHM to DS (22 months) but before that I worked as a molecular biologist. I enjoy crafty type things such as baking, sewing, crocheting etc. I have struggled with anxiety and depression since I was a teenager, and was officially diagnosed with a form of OCD after my breakdown in 2016. Post-partum depression hit me really hard, and its been a long journey to get me balanced again. Between meds, regular exercise and seeing a therapist I am currently doing really well.  After 30 years of not enjoying any physical activity I started running back in april, I ran my first half marathon last month. I am also obsessed with all things Harry Potter. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @ceclarlinetlo Welcome! You are free to join any and all check-ins that might apply to you. The only place on this board where LOs are mentioned freely and without a *TW* is the TFAS weekly thread (Trying For A Sibling) since many ladies on here have not yet had their take home babies yet. The TTCAL ladies are all very kind and welcoming and we have a weekly(ish) benched/TTA thread that you might also be interested in until you are actively TTC.  You are more than welcome to join in on our daily WTO/TWW threads now since you are tracking your cycle, too. 
  • edited November 2018
    @ceclarlinetlo welcome! Im so sorry to hear of your losses and emotional struggle along the way. The TFAS thread and TTCAL thread are great places. You will also fit in just fine in the WTO and TWW threads while you learn you cycle. They are full of ladies in all stages of TTC with all kinds of different knowledge/experiences. I have learned quite a bit from them over the year. @lillywonderland mentioned the benched/TTA thread as a possible fit as well. Right now that thread has got a handful of ladies who want to be TTC but can't. A few of us are waiting on ours doc to clear us after surgical procedures. Others are TTA so that we can receive testing for RPL. I do understand that as of this moment you are TTA, but if it is not for medical reasons, that thread may not be a good fit. I hope you find a place where you feel safe and comfortable and that your stay here is short lived!
  • Thank you @prpl11butterfly and @lillywonderland . I am looking forward to jumping in!

TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Ah, my mistake. I’m so sorry @prpl11butterfly!
  • Ages (you and SO): 31 and 35 (SO)

How many months have you been TTC?: Currently on month 3

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: Tracking using OPK and timed intercourse. OB/GYN also prescribed me Clomid for this month to help with ovulation (I have a history of not ovulating and thus having irregular cycles)

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I have one kid we conceived through meds/IUI about 3 years ago. Also have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Current hobby is working on renovating our house...it takes forevverr haha

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ages (you and SO): I'm 33 and DH is 41.

How many months have you been TTC?: Just starting out.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: OPKs.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): We have one son who is 20 months, an elderly dog and two cats. I'm a librarian and genealogist and I like running and working out, currently trying to stick with Insanity Max30! 
  • @_blackbird Welcome!! I looooooooooove New Zealand! I have to say that Rotorua and Queenstown are my favorite places! Although we really, truly loved everywhere we visited in NZ. Everyone is so kind and lovely there - definitely a bit envious you live in such a beautiful place!
  • @lillywonderland Thanks! That's so cool to hear you loved New Zealand. Queenstown is so magical isn't it?! We live in Auckland but there's still plenty of pretty scenery about, especially on the West Coast. Where do you live? :)
  • (I used my lurking time to practice the abbreviations/lingo/get to know the rules, so here goes nothing.) Hi!

Ages (you and SO): I’m 34 & DH is 39--both our birthdays are in March.

How many months have you been TTC?: 2? more-ish though bc we were NTNP. see spoiler if you want/can?

tw: loss

So, we were NTNP for a while & then I had a CP in early Oct.—I was devastated & hadn’t realized how much I wanted to get KU, until I was & then—I wasn’t. I had always been *kind of* trying, like, HIO on like one of the days that my app tracker was green for fertile, but not doing much more. Anyway. Here I am.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?:  PNV, HIO, EOD

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I’m a graduate student—one of the main reasons I decided I was interested in joining a forum is bc where I am in my program, it kind of makes little sense for me to TTGP. Like, I’ve worked my whole life in way to get this degree & now I’m like, “I want to be a Mom, too!” which like pretty much no one will understand. I’m on the job market (terrifying) but if I don’t get a job this year, DH seems to think we can pay the bills next year with his job and whatever work I can find even if it’s not my forever job in academia.

I am super long-winded. I’m a feminist. I currently live in the south but our families mostly live in the northeast. I hate the cold.

We have two sweet dogs—one, a pit/lab mix--just turned 5 on Thanksgiving (his invented birthday--he was a stray we picked up) & the other, she’s a border collie/lab mix that we adopted this past June, she’ll be 1yo in March! They’re both black w/ white markings & super great together & I love them with all my heart.

I also love… poetry, books, reading, football, the zodiac, Netflix (lol), all types of music/making playlists, getting things in the mail, puzzle books (I am a nerd), and I really love to cook/bake tho I’m not always motivated to.

• @kagesstarshroom welcome! And I'm a fellow puzzle book lover myself! My current favorite is word fill ins (kind of like a crossword).

So sorry about your CP. There's nothing worse than having something ripped out from under you. I've only been here for about 2 months but all the ladies have been wonderfully supportive and great to talk to! I came here after passing the 1 year mark for TTC and feeling really down and in need of someone to talk to. Especially when I knew of announcements from others who took less than 6 months.

Hope your stay here is short!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause