July 2019 Moms
Options

3 under 3 in a 3 bedroom house

How do we figure out rooms for the kids?!

We have our room, then 2 bedrooms for the kids. Currently our 2 year old has a room and our 8 month old has a room. The new baby will sleep in our room for the first like 6-10 months, but then how do we do it when he/she is ready to move to their own room?

Our 8 month old is currently up like every 2 hours-4 hours so we can’t put her in the room with our toddler cause she will wake him. By July, I’m hoping she will he sleeping through the night but who knows. Would that be the best combo to have those two share for a year or two til they get older? We also have a top floor which is my office/playroom/tv area that we could maybe have a child sleep up there if nothing else will work but there is no door so they’d hear baby crying and any noise which could wake them. 

Thanks!

Re: 3 under 3 in a 3 bedroom house

• Options
    My two oldest share a room. They’re 3&2 but will be 4&3 when lo arrives. So far they do great, even when our youngest was up every few hours. It’ll likely be this way until they start to outgrow the space.
  • Options
    I have 4 kids 2yrs to 18mos apart in a 3 bedroom house. Right now we have my older two (ages 8 and 6) together and my younger two (ages 4 and 2) together. #5 will be in our room for about 6-9 months and then will probably go in with my other littles.

We plan on adding on to our house eventually but until them they have to share. 

You have 9 months before the baby gets here and probably another 6-10 months before you have to make that decision. So much can change during that time. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ya very true!! Thank you!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    We were like that when my 3rd was little.  She stayed in our room when she was a little baby and we just put her crib in there.  Then she moved to my older daughter's room.  My son, who is the oldest, had his own room. 
  • Options
    My two older girls started sleeping in the same room when they were almost 2 and almost 3. I would wait until the younger one is sleeping through the night and then put them in the same room. We have three bedrooms with beds in them for our three girls and they all sleep in the same room. ha! The love being together at night.

• Options
    My first 2 are 18 months apart, and I wanted them to share a room. It didn't work out, BUT my older one would never wake up when the baby was crying. I could go in and out several times/night, and he would keep on snoozing... maybe you'll have the same luck?