December 2018 Moms
Options

Check in all due dates w/o 11/2

No check in yet?! Guess I’ll start one! 
1) How far along are you?

2) Any appointment updates?

3) RantsRaves/Questions/DearDiary?

4) GTKY: What thanksgiving dishes (or family holiday meals if you don’t do turkey day) do you specialize in making or most look forward to eating? 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

Re: Check in all due dates w/o 11/2

• Options
    edited November 2018
    No check in yet?! Guess I’ll start one! 
    1) How far along are you? 34 and 2!

same old same old! 

is it a ghost town in here now, has everyone migrated to Facebook? I’ve been holding out on moving over, but it seems like there’s only a handful of holdouts left. 

4) GTKY: What thanksgiving dishes (or family holiday meals if you don’t do turkey day) do you specialize in making or most look forward to eating? I specialize in making homemade rolls. I most look forward to eating stuffing and cranberry sauce! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    37w
    Not really. Weekly appt is Friday.
    Random contractions have me all kinds of achy and food holds no appeal right now. But if I don't eat then I get sick.
    4) GTKY: What thanksgiving dishes (or family holiday meals if you don’t do turkey day) do you specialize in making or most look forward to eating?
    This will be our first year doing Thanksgiving with just us but the rolls are always one of my favorites. We get Hawaiian rolls and bake them with a honey butter glaze. That and the brown sugar ham my mom makes that I'm going to try and recreate for the first time.
    Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @misscheapandchic I’m with you! Give me all the carbs!
    @MDKC14 brown brown sugar ham sounds delicious!
    33+2

I have an appointment and ultrasound on Monday. I found out that I’m being classified as having mild polyhydramnios, so I’m curious what the next ultrasound will show.

i wish I could get more sleep!

I love makimg and eating sweet potato soufflé. All of the Thanksgiving Good is delicious in my book, except turkey.
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I am so glad your hubby is stepping up!
  • Options
    @misscheapandchic I think just about everyone is on FB these days, a few of us try to check in here still!

@scaredunprepared  I'm curious about your stuffingless stuffing! Not that I don't like stuffing, but I love sweet potatoes and my mom tries to stick to a GF diet!

1) 36w1d

2) see appointment thread. TLDR; baby is doing great, but my blood sugars aren't. I could be induced anywhere between 1-3 weeks!

3) DH had to take today off because daycare is closed, so now I'm jealous, and it feels like Friday because Thursday is just a weird random day to be off work  :/

GTKY: I'm not a big fan of thanksgiving food  :# I do love sweet potatoes though!! Especially baked with brown sugar and marshmallows! But we won't have any this year as we're doing thanksgiving with DHs family (provided I'm not having a baby) and him and his mom hate sweet potatoes :disappointed:
    I may make a small dish anyways, I think FIL would eat some, maybe DHs grandpa? And BIL if he shows up, but I doubt his wife will let them drive up :unamused: she'd rather they never see his family at all and it makes me sad for DH and my ILs honestly, but that's a story for another day!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    35w4d

Had an appointment last week which was
    good. All looks well and I have my rcs scheduled!

Since our house fell through now we have to go apartment hunting on Saturday. This is not as much fun as house hunting, I have to say. Really hoping we find something so we can get that stress off our list!

I do all of the eating and none of the cooking. Lately thanksgiving is a small affair with just my mil, bil, dh and me and now dd. I love stuffing so much. I could eat it all day. Also, pie. My mil doesn’t buy any pie that I like generally though so I have a sad dessert now usually. :( (I hate apple pie and she always gets that and lemon meringue. Bleh! I tried to bring the pie one year and I think I insulted her. Lol!)
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    rosebud332rosebud332 member
    edited November 2018
    @misscheapandchic We are mostly moved to FB but we are trying to keep it alive over here! You’re right though, it’s pretty much tumbleweeds at this point.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @CecilB93 sorry to hear about your BIL's wife.   

The stuffingless stuffing is pretty simple:  Sautee sweet potato chunks in butter.  Once softened, add celery, onion, and leeks.  Once they are mostly done, add chopped spinach to wilt.  Then season as you like. We add fresh turkey drippings.