July 2019 Moms

Questions!

Ive tried to read up on showing sooner with your second pregnancy...is this true? I’m currently about 5 weeks with my second baby and I’m bloated! Some of the article I’ve read..you show a month sooner...what does that mean? 

Re: Questions!

• I'm on my third pregnancy this time around. With my second I was showing maybe 2 weeks sooner? I think it all depends. I feel more bloated the third time around now, but it's different for everyone! I hope I don't show sooner
  • Yes bloating is definitely playing a major role for myself too. Im with you! I have to try and not look pregnant until I’m ready to tell family 
  • Loading the player...
  • With my second, we waited until 15 weeks to announce and I don't think I was showing then.  ;)
  • It's going to vary between person to person but I definitely got bigger faster. Here's a comparison pic of my first three pregnancies at 10wks. Of course part of it is bloat, stretched out stomach muscles, and a bit of baby weight that I never lost after my previous pregnancy. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • And 20wks with my 4 boys. 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • This is soo helpful! 
  • I'm definitely "showing", although most of it is just bloat.  This is technically the 5th time I've been this pregnant so 🤷‍♀️
  • Top is with first child
    bottom is now with my second
    both at the same gestation 5 weeks

• My first child I didn’t start showing until 27 weeks. Got pregnant again 6 months later and started showing at 13 weeks. Because my body wasn’t even put back together from the first pregnancy. I’m hoping I don’t show until later with this pregnancy since it’s been longer. Lol 
  • PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited November 2018
    I definitely start getting a belly earlier. With DD I started showing around 16 weeks. Maybe a bit sooner. With the 2 losses I had a bloat belly almost immediately. And by 13 weeks a visible, although small, bump with the 2nd and at 10 weeks with the 3rd. This time because I was just 10 weeks, like, yesterday, I feel like the bloat is bigger sooner. I'm 7 weeks and my pants don't fit around my belly. I know it's just bloat but I imagine I'll have something fairly obvious by 12 weeks.
  • Ok what happened at your first ultrasound? Did you have the US with an ultrasound tech and then immediately meet with your OB? Or did you have a separate follow up appointment? Trying to figure out if this is normal or my PGAL brain freaking out :/ 
  • @scp2585 it depends on the practice and when your appt is. Last time my practice saw patients at 8-10 weeks, had you checkin, pee in a cup, get ultrasound across the hall then meet with your doctor. 
  • @scp2585 whenever I have ultrasounds I also see my OB.  Typically they do the u/s first and then you meet with the doctor.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Thank you, ladies. I figured out the difference in my case is that I had my ultrasound with my GYN whom is no longer an OB. She said can only do viability/confirmation checks and explained that now I have to schedule with an OB to check on the health of my pregnancy. I knew she wasn't an OB anymore and that I needed to find one, but I hadn't thought about what that meant for these first few appointments.