3rd Trimester

Dilating Progression

Just out of curiosity: I'm 37 wks 3 days - one week ago I was 2cm dilated, and at today's appointment I am 3 cm. My doctor commented my discharge is "good and mucus-y," and that the baby is in perfect position for delivery, she thinks I could be soon. Has anyone else been where I am with progress, and how long was it until you went into labor?

Re: Dilating Progression

• I walked around for weeks, dilated to 4. Doctor convinced me I would go early. 41 weeker. The only thing this definitely Telly you is that it’s less work you’ll have to do during your actual labor. Settle in, because you will likely go to your due date.
  • I walked around dilated at 4 for three weeks prior to going into labor.  The Friday before delivery, my doc said I was a 5 and that I should deliver by Monday.

I delivered on Monday, 2 days before my EDD.
  • Loading the player...
  • And I went from 1 & 75% to a baby in less than 23 hours. The only certain thing is that nothing is certain.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • 2/3 times, I got to l&d triage with contractions less than 5 minutes apart and was told I was still  closed.  Both of those times the baby was born within 10 hours...the second time it was less than 4 hours.  Both during the 39th week.

The third time I had been dilated to 2.5 for 2+ weeks and contractions didn't start until about 8 hours after a membrane sweep at 40+6.  I got to triage still 2.5 but was fully dilated 4 hours later.

By contrast, my BFF was dilated to 4 for over 2 weeks with her first before her BP elevated and they induced her at 40+1.  Seriously none of it means or predicts anything, so settle in.