February 2019 Moms

PGAL Check-In 11/14

wrensnestwrensnest member
edited November 2018 in February 2019 Moms
Hope I’m not stepping on any toes starting this - if so, I apologize!

1. How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally?

3. Any appt updates?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY- Plans for the week of Thanksgiving (US folk)? Favorite Thanksgiving foods?

Re: PGAL Check-In 11/14

• Hope y’all are doing well, and hope you don’t mind me getting this thread rolling this week.

1. How many weeks are you? 28 today

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically, very very tired. I think at least partially because of this low carb diet they have me on leading up to my 3-her glucose test tomorrow. I seriously feel like I could lay down in the sidewalk and fall asleep. Mentally, having a bit of a rough week. *TW* I went into preterm labor with DD at 30 weeks after a trip out of town (don’t know if it was related to the trip or not). Thankfully, they were able to stop labor and DD didn’t come until 39w6d. We’re going on a big trip next week for Thanksgiving and then DH is going out of town on a series of business trips almost as soon as we get home. I’m very anxious about having complications again as the timing of this trip is the same as last time. I know this pregnancy has been really different than with DD, but my anxiety has really ramped up, especially knowing that DH is going to be gone.

3. Any appt updates? Anemia is continuing to get worse, but they aren’t offering infusions because “it isn’t bad ENOUGH yet.” Cool. Have my 3-hr GTT tomorrow and a follow-up growth scan on Friday. I’m at least looking forward to the growth scan!

4. Rants/raves/questions? We’re making headway on the baby’s room! I’m getting more ideas as we’re going and I’m hopeful it will turn out cute. Definitely won’t be anything magazine worthy, but cute!

5. GTKY- Plans for the week of Thanksgiving (US folk)? Favorite Thanksgiving foods? We’re visiting family in CA. Planning on a trip to Disneyland (will be DD’s first time) and quality time with great Grandma (who she hasn’t met yet). I love holiday desserts. Give me all the pies. *everything crossed that I pass this glucose test*
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 25+5

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically I am feeling ok, although also incredibly tired in the afternoons, some days I am just totally useless after about 2pm. Mentally, pretty good over all. It helps that I can feel the baby moving pretty regularly (although not with as much intensity as some of the other ladies). @wrensnest my main fear at this point is preterm labor. I feel like every day I say to the baby "good job, you stayed in there another day!" lol. I am going on an international trip at the beginning of December by myself (for a conference) and hope that it doesn't mess with anything...My doctor doesn't seem to be worried, so I guess that's good. 

3. Any appt updates? Nothing until my glucose test on 11/27 (post-Thanksgiving, woohoo!)

4. Rants/raves/questions? I think I said enough above

5. GTKY- Plans for the week of Thanksgiving (US folk)? Favorite Thanksgiving foods? We are not going anywhere for Thanksgiving this year, DH is in Europe this week for a workshop and I'll be traveling a couple of weeks after and it just felt like too much travel. Also, it's so expensive to get from the midwest to the east coast for such a short visit to our families, it didn't feel worth it. We'll probably end up doing something chill with friends or just with the two of us. I love mashed potatoes and gravy and also pumpkin pie, so if we eat nothing else, those two will be on the menu! 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? - 26w

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? - Good, both physically and mentally. My mental state kind of depends on the activity level I notice, and since he’s super active I can relax more. I have the occasional quiet day where I assume the worst, but I try to be rational about it.

3. Any appt updates? - Nope, nothing for two weeks.

4. Rants/raves/questions? - People at work are annoying the hell out of me today. Why do everyone over the age of 50 think having all calls on speaker is the only way to talk on the phone?

5. GTKY- Plans for the week of Thanksgiving (US folk)? Favorite Thanksgiving foods? - We’re going to the IL’s as usual. They always host because they have a huge house and their kitchen has two ovens. H’s extended family is large and loud! Food-wise I love everything besides pumpkin pie. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 26w2d

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Drained on both accounts.

3. Any appt updates? I had hopefully my last IV iron infusion (but I think my levels are still too low). I've got a MW appointment Monday for more bloodwork, including my GTT.

4. Rants/raves/questions? I just want to stop puking.

5. GTKY- Plans for the week of Thanksgiving (US folk)? Favorite Thanksgiving foods? We decided to stay home and somehow are now hosting both of our families  :| I actually don't like turkey, but I like the sides. It'll be mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy and green bean casserole for me.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• 1. How many weeks are you? 26 and a few days

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically exhausted, nauseous. Mentally: I don't even know anymore. 

3. Any appt updates? Waiting on my glucose results. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Why is maternity leave so freak complicated. It really shouldn't be. It is my body. I know what I can handle and can't handle. 

5. GTKY- Plans for the week of Thanksgiving (US folk)? Favorite Thanksgiving foods? I work all but thanksgiving. We are going to a friends house. Food wise I normally like the casseroles but this year we will see what stays down...
  • 1. How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling?

Physically? Huge! It's difficult to roll over in bed. 

Mentally? Better now that I don't have to go back to the high risk clinic. Hopefully it stays that way. 

3. Any appt updates?

Last High Risk ultrasound found baby was growing, although on the small side. However the cord bp and amniotic fluid levels look good. I don't have to see anyone until 11/29!!!!!! Will have GT test and growth ultrasound at regular midwife office. 

4. Rants/raves/questions?

I'm fed up with shitty parental leave policies. There should be national standards that protect folks. Other countries have it. We wouldn't need to come up with a plan, there are plenty of countries we could copy. 

I'm lucky. My employer has a great policy, but so many people I know are being punished for having children. 

5. GTKY- Plans for the week of Thanksgiving (US folk)? Cooking for partner's family. There will be 28 this year. Low turnout, but the folks who stay late for booze and cards against humanity will be there, so I'm happy (although sober). 

Favorite Thanksgiving foods?

Cranberry salsa! 

“My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 28w1d

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally?
    Mentally, really good, she’s moving lots and if I need to I can get her to move with a little nudge. 
    Physically, I’m having a hard time. My pelvis is hurting and I’m struggling to sit at my desk since she’s already head down.  

3. Any appt updates? I had an OB appointment today and everything seems fine. He’s not worried about anything. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nothing at the moment. 

5. GTKY- Plans for the week of Thanksgiving (US folk)? Favorite Thanksgiving foods? I’m Canadian, so Thanksgiving is over. But this year my favorite thanksgiving food was mashed potatoes. Give me all the carbs!!
  • 1. 28 weeks!
    2. Feeling okay... coming down with a cold and so cold symptoms in addition to the heartburn and aches and pains aren’t making me feel great!
    3. Have my glucose challenge test today after work! 
    4. Nothing at the moment.
    5. Road tripping to Massachusetts and Albany, NY area for a family Thanksgiving! Hoping that car ride goes well! Motivated by pumpkin pie :) 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 29 tomorrow

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Mentally I’m great! Physically I’m in so much hip and pelvis during the night and when I first wake up. It is exhausting and annoying. I started seeing a chiropractor who specializes in pregnant women so hopefully that will help!

3. Any appt updates? Not till Tuesday! 

4. Rants/raves/questions? We hired our doula!! I’m super excited though I still need to figure out how to let the other two know we are going to hire them. I hate letting people down. 

5. GTKY- Plans for the week of Thanksgiving (US folk)? Favorite Thanksgiving foods? Going to my older sister’s IL’s. Her MIL is a true southern woman so I’m looking forward to lots of buttery and sugary high calorie foods! My favs are mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, biscuits and apple pie!