Baby Names

R boy names

There’s a tradition of using R names for the men in DHs family. There’s about 15 used already that narrows the choices if we decided to continue the theme(not 100% at all) You ladies are always honest, id like your opinions. 

Robin

Roland

Roman

Raleigh

Rowan

Rodney

Remi?

Re: R boy names

• Of your list, I like Robin and Rowan best, followed by Roman then Roland.

Not a fan of Rodney (just always sounds like a bad guy to me for some reason), Raleigh, or Remi (popular where I live because of the firearms brand).
  • Rowan or Roman would get my vote 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Roland, Rowan and Remy (with a y, the I is, wrong and too cutesy.)
  • edited November 2018
    kmvisioli said:

Not a fan of Rodney (just always sounds like a bad guy to me for some reason), Raleigh, or Remi (popular where I live because of the firearms brand).
    My husbands name is Rodney, goes by Rod, so I have a different opinion  :D But he’s not very big on a jr so it’s low on the list. 

Remy is also low on the list because I hate the connection with guns. And I don’t love the look of the name. 

Robin and Roland are probably the highest on my list but I’m not convinced yet to do the R theme. 
  • What about Rylan or Reuben?

Ryan is my favorite R name but it might already be taken in your family. 

• Would you consider Rhys?
  • There’s a Ryan and a Reece already. When I hear Reuben all I can think is my moms favorite sandwich, lol. 

Rylan and Rhett were on the list but over time I’ve grown less fond of them. 

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I’m still holding out on not continuing this tradition. Other sons have not been R names so I think he may be ok unless we both really love a name. 
  • I love Rhett, so that would get my pick. Of the others listed, I like Rowan. You could always do an R middle name to kind of keep the tradition alive without it being the primary name.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • You may have already considered and nixed Russell and Reagan but I will throw those out there as well. Also Riley and Rory.

But if you're not loving the R names, I'd say you're better off removing that restriction. What are some non-R names you are fond of?
  • Since you have Roman and Rowan on the list, how about Ronan? From your list Robin and Rowan are my favorites.
  • edited November 2018
    mayoduck said:
    You may have already considered and nixed Russell and Reagan but I will throw those out there as well. Also Riley and Rory.

But if you're not loving the R names, I'd say you're better off removing that restriction. What are some non-R names you are fond of?
    Riley and Russell are already used. I like Rory, but lately see more and more girls named that so it’s gotten lower on the list.  

My non R names are:

Leo

Theodore

Barett 

Henry

Frank

Edward 

Alec

August

• Adding
    Roald
    Rainier

• What about Roy. Simple. Not overused.
  • I like Roman or Rowan the best from your list. Not sure if Reid is taken, but I love that one too!
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• I like Roman or Rowan the best from your list. Not sure if Reid is taken, but I love that one too!
    Reid is used already. Roman is growing on me.  Its sometimes hard to picture on a little baby though. 
  • @littlestbear03 Got it. Well if sharing a name with girls is going to be a problem, you may want to cross off Robin too then. While Robin isn't as trendy in general as Rory, it is more commonly used for girls than boys at least in the US.

I like Leo, Theodore and Edward from your list of non-R names. With so many R names already taken in your family, it seems like that restriction is a bit much.
  • Reuven
    Randall/Randy
    Rohan
    Ray
    Ryker 
    River
    Ross 
    Reid 
    Rick
    Rich
    Rusty
    Rider