June 2019 Moms

Group 2 Check-in (due Jun 9-15) week of 11/11

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? (Stolen from G1)

TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
DS:  March 2014
DD: May 2015
BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Group 2 Check-in (due Jun 9-15) week of 11/11

• Due date/W+D: 6/15, 9+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Any appointments? Questions?: Finally have an appointment on Friday, but it's not even an u/s, ughhh.  The waiting is killing me this time!

Rants/Raves?:  This question, the last question, and the next question will all kind of be related to my rant/rave.  I have felt practically no symptoms at all this pregnancy, which has me freaking out a little bit because I was SO SICK last time.  I know some people don't get nausea their whole pregnancies, and I am happy I haven't felt sick, but I can't help but be really nervous that I haven't had any symptoms at all, aside from slightly sore boobs and constipation.  Combine that with the fact that my first OB appointment isn't until Friday when I'll be almost 10 weeks, and I still haven't even scheduled an u/s, and I can't help but feel really nervous and anxious.  I'm also not really getting any bigger, when I know I'm supposed to show earlier the second time around.  I know I should just enjoy feeling great this time, but I'm just really anxious.  :(  

How are you feeling?: See above.  Super anxious, but otherwise completely fine.  

GTKY: What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? (Stolen from G1)  Skydiving!  

**TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: 6/10 10w

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Any appointments? Questions?: next US and blood draw a week from today!

Rants/Raves?: So happy for the extra day off work today, but bummed that my husband had to go in and the weather is nasty so I am worried about him driving home. I was a bum all weekend and will just bum around more today and watch TV that my husband doesn't like. I can't wait for a weekend where I want to do something again.

How are you feeling?: Tired because I am sleeping poorly, but otherwise fine right now, mornings are always good for me. Come late afternoon is when the nausea becomes an issue, and dinner just sinks to my stomach like a rock and I deal with nausea, heartburn, and gas all evening.

GTKY: What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? I don't know, everyone is different so I really can't think of anything.

• Due date/W+D: June 15th / 9w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): A canape

Any appointments? Questions?: I have my endo appointment on Friday, just checking my thyroid levels. Next baby appointment will be 11/30, then 12/6 for the NIPT scan. 

Rants/Raves?: I told my sister, who has a 5 week old baby we were pregnant. She was excited for us. For some reason, I'm nervous to tell work. I feel like I'm gonna be "shunned". It only feels like yesterday when I was out for DD. Grr...

How are you feeling?: Not bad, nausea has settled down. But boobs are still bigger, and the bloat's still there!

GTKY: What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? (Stolen from G1): Travel to a foreign country where English is not the first language. I've done a good amount of traveling (sorta stalled since pregnant with DD), and its always interesting to be in other cultures, surrounded by different languages. 

shamrocandroll lack of symptoms doesn't mean lack of pregnancy. Consider yourself lucky, as long as you don't have any sever cramping or bleeding, you're good to go! You do show earlier for your second, I feel like I'm showing now, but I think its more bloat. I would think showing aorund 12-14 weeks would be normal. With DD, I didn't really show till 20 weeks. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • eleven_eleven_ member
    edited November 2018

Due date/W+D: June 9th / 10w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Ferrero Rocher

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until 11/27

Rants/Raves?: I’ve just been having a hard time keeping my anxiety in check. I feel extremely stressed out if I don’t feel like shit, but then I feel miserable if I do feel like shit. There is no winning.

How are you feeling?: Nausea is letting up a little. I’m exhausted all the time and I am having terrible acid reflux.

GTKY: What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Be in love.

@shamrocandroll With my DD, I pretty much had zero symptoms during the whole first trimester. I barely believed I was pregnant. This was after I had a pretty intense pregnancy with my DS with all the MS. I really think every pregnancy is different, although I completely understand your worries. Hang in there an d I hope your appointment goes well on Friday.

@meatballs37 Yay! Welcome to G2  :) Wow, you are brave to be hosting Thangsgiving! I hope you feel a little better next week and that you have tons of help!

TW

• Thanks @jacksonbears and @eleven_.  Logically, I know it doesn't mean anything is wrong, but I also have a history of anxiety, and I'm doomed to over-analyze every little thing.  I'm mostly just really frustrated that it seems like both pregnancies, I was the ONLY person in my BMBs who has to wait so long for that first appointment and u/s.  I want to enjoy feeling good this time around, but I just can't.  Also, *TW: I have a friend who was due in May '19 who didn't really have any symptoms this time around, and she just found out she had a MMC at 13w, and my heart is shattered for her, so now I can't help but project that onto my own anxieties. *End TW.  I just want to know everything is in the right place and looking okay.   :(
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• eleven_eleven_ member
    edited November 2018
    @shamrocandroll Trust me, I totally get it. I have to talk myself out of crippling anxiety every single day when my symptoms aren't as intense. TW: I also have a friend that found out she had a MMC at her 14 week appointment. I think about that a lot and how awful it was her. Her experience haunts me every day. *End TW. I'm glad you don't have to wait too long for you appointment and I hope you can find a little peace of mind this week  <3
    TW

• edited November 2018
    @eleven_ Thank you.  It's nice to have someone who can relate.  I know from past experience how obnoxious it is to hear someone complain about not having symptoms when you yourself feel horrible, so I really hate being that person.  But it is really bothering me a lot.  I'm not necessarily expecting too much peace of mind at Friday's appointment because last time I had an anterior placenta and they didn't find anything on the doppler (but told me that was normal and nothing to worry about), but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.  

Edited for weird words. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Due date/W+D: 13th, 9+5

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Any appointments? Questions?: My next appointment isn't until 12/5.

Rants/Raves?: Rant-I had a really rough weekend-could hardly get out of bed because I was so tired, and when I did get up I was nauseous or throwing up the whole time. Rave- We've been trying to work out a plan for next school year, and it looks like my son will be able to go to preschool at the school where I work.  I get a great discount on tuition, but my parents have just offered to cover the rest of the tuition for him.  That is a huge relief for my husband and I considering we will have another little one in daycare! I'm feeling very thankful for the support from my family.

How are you feeling?: I've been feeling a little better the last couple days, but I've also been taking unisom and B6.  Hopefully it continues to help! Last pregnancy I was on Diclegis almost my whole pregnancy, so I'm hoping this time the sickness doesn't last as long!

GTKY: What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? (Stolen from G1) This is a tough one! I don't have a great answer.

• @shamrocandroll
    My symptoms have subsided big time the last two days (I’m 9+3). I did a bit of reading this morning and it looks like around weeks 8-12 the placenta can start to take over the major production of progesterone from the corpus luteum. This results in less symptoms.

It definitely made me feel better knowing that around this time our HcG probably has peaked as well. I think everyone just has in their mind that symptoms don’t go away until the end of the first trimester and anything earlier than that is automatically bad news. But that is not necessarily true it seems. 

@srscott3 I know you are in group one, but I remember you saying your symptoms were a lot milder in week nine. You went in for an ultrasound and everything was great! 

Hope this comforts you some this morning like it has for me. 
  • Yes! That was me!

@shamrocandroll as meatballs said, I had a loss of symptoms starting around week 9. *TW* that, coupled with some spotting, resulted in me going in for an US where everything looked good. The baby’s HB was strong and my OB said that symptoms can definitely start to disappear that early. I’m 11 weeks now and things have been pretty mild during the past two weeks. I wouldn’t worry, as hard as I know it is not to!
  • @shamrocandroll I also just want to add that I don’t feel like I’m getting bigger either. I sat up sobbing the other night to DH saying I’m convinced this could be a MMC and I’m so nervous for my 12 week US next week. You’re not alone ❤️ Please PM if you need anything at all. 
  • Due date/W+D: June 9th/10W3D

Baby is the size of a(n): brusselsprout

Any appointments? Questions?: my first ultrasound is on the 28th!

Rants/Raves?: I am getting so excited for Christmas! I'm about 95% done all of my shopping and maybe 45% done all of my wrapping!

How are you feeling?: I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. I am a SAHM and pregnant with baby #3. I also run an at home daycare. Last night I had a massive meltdown over our flooring during a dinner conversation with hubby. Then I was upset because I had made this beautiful roast dinner and yet again had to do all of the clean up myself. Then DD had an accident in the living room and that's when I just started bawling. From that point on, I cried over everything last night. These hormones got me crazy right now

GTKY: What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Fall in love

• Due date/W+D: 6/15/ 9+5

Baby is the size of a(n): tater tot 

Any appointments? Questions?: had a follow up US Monday (our first showed a second fetal pole with no cardiac activity). Only 1 fetus on the 2nd US, but it's measuring perfectly for our due date, has a nice strong HR (160s), and wiggled for us on the US. 

Rants/Raves?: all I can think about is how I wish it was ok to tell in the first trimester because I feel like now is when I (we) need the most support and instead I feel like shit and can't tell anyone why. 

How are you feeling?:  the nausea keeps getting worse. Yesterday my ob sent me a prescription for Reglan which saved me. I'm also doing  unisom at bedtime and taking B6 during the day. I've been using ginger and acupressure bands but some days it's just not enough. Other than that I'm exhausted but excited. 

GTKY: What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? (Stolen from G1): see Harry Potter World at Universal 
  • Due date/W+D: 6/14 9+5

Baby is the size of a(n): cherries

Any appointments? Questions?: had my first OB appt Monday and did all the bloodwork. I’m happy to hear she wants monthly US to make sure the babies are growing right. We also talked about a repeat C between 36&38 weeks. That means I will have 3 May babies as my daughter was born the end of May as well. 

Rants/Raves?: I get nervous with pgal brain so we went and had an elective US today at a boutique and both were measuring healthy and ahead of my due date  

How are you feeling?: sick, exhausted and unmotivated. 

GTKY: What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? I think everyone should live in the city once in their life. Or if you live in the city, live in a rural area. Being somewhere that is not your norm is eye opening and gives you a new perspective. 

@hannahkate86 we went this past February and it was amazing! Can’t wait to go back. We also saw Crimes of Grindenwald last night and that was so good!