July 2019 Moms

Meal Plan Monday- Week of 11/12

What’s everyone cooking this week? Any food cravings or aversions that are making it tricky to plan and cook!?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Meal Plan Monday- Week of 11/12

• Breakfast is a smoothie with almond milk and almond kefir, banana, almond butter, hemp powder, wheat grass powder, psyllium husks, probiotic powder. 

Lunches will be sautéed or steamed kale and veggies with roasted sweet potato and eggs over medium. 

Dinner tonight is pork chops, roasted veggies and brown rice. 
  • @mamanbebe I should incorporate some smoothies for breakfast! I'm not a huge breakfast eater to begin with, but I know I need to.

Lunches are usually a mix of leftovers or just sandwiches

Ravioli tonight, nachos on Tuesday, Steak w/ potatoes & veggies on Wednesday and hot dogs on Thursday. We will be out of town this weekend so nothing planned for then!

• Loading the player...
  • @nolemomma14 Smoothies are the best! And all it takes is like 1 piece of sweet fruit to make them taste good despite all the weird stuff I cram in mine :) Your dinners sound so good this week, my stomach is totally growling reading your meal plan haha. 
  • There is a great smoothie place by my house. We bought an unlimited BOGO card from a school fundraiser a few months ago. It doesn’t expire until July and I almost feel bad for how much I know I’ll use it this pregnancy. 
  • Breakfast is usually cereal or eggs, bacon and toast or biscuits, or pancakes.

Lunch is sandwiches or leftovers

Dinner tonight is chili, tomorrow broccoli cheddar soup, Wednesday is probably baked chicken and rice, the Thursday is Italian sausage pasta, IL's Thanksgiving on Saturday.
  • We did beef stroganoff tonight. I have been making green smoothies every morning to get something in right away. I think I'm going to have an aversion to chicken again. We had it last night and I couldn't bring myself to eat it. 

• Breakfast is eggs, greens, and avocado most days, maybe a smoothie to mix it up one of the weekdays.
    I made vegetarian split pea soup for lunches this week.
    Dinner was salmon tonight, tacos tomorrow and Wednesday, and maybe fish or chicken the rest of the week with veggies.     

My goal is to get as many greens in as possible in case the morning sickness hits.. (I’m only 4+2, so nothing crazy yet)

• Breakfast is a free for all as mornings are hectic.  Lunch is usually leftovers.  DH eats out a lot (probably too much).  I work in an ER and can eat for free at my hospital so I usually eat one or two meals a day there when I am on shift.  

Dinners this week:  Chicken Sausage with Roast Root Vegetables, Grilled Cheese and Butternut Squash Soup, Chicken Spinach Pizza Pockets with Marinara Dipping Sauce, Lemon Pasta with Shrimp, Goat Cheese, Dried Cranberries and Pecans.  Friday is dinner out and a long overdue haircut!  

Everyone meals sound great!  I love the morning smoothie ideas.
  • Oatmeal for breakfast 

lunch is always leftovers

tuesday: chicken noddle soup
    wedneday: ground beef tacos 
    Thursday: meatloaf with broccoli 
    Friday: chicken enchiladas 

• leendennyleendenny member
    edited November 2018
    @denma2015 your meal plan sounds so fancy! Do you always cook like that??

we had smoked sausage with mixed vegs tonight, probably tacos tomorrow night, Wednesday is dinner at church, Thursday we’ll have spaghetti and Friday will be fridge clean out 😉
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I found this crock pot quinoa & veggie stew online and have been loving it. It's super easy to make, really delicious, and is the perfect meal for any other veggie mama's out there! https://www.ovuline.com/guide/2030/pregnancy-recipe-crock-pot-quinoa-and-veggie-stew
  • I made keto crepes for breakfast using almond flour.  I couldn't do sweet ones, sweet things make me sick this pregnancy.  So I stuffed them with ricotta and spinach.  For lunch I made duck.  However, when I smelled it this morning, it made me sick.  So I am eating left over steak with mashed acorn squash.  I am making meatballs and roasted veggies for dinner.

I am eating a ton of keto bagels to keep the nausea in check this week.
  • Breakfast - overnight oats or egg sandwich
    Lunch - leftovers 
    Dinner - we have been using the slow cooker to cook our food while we are at work, making it just quicker to eat when we do get home. Had a Thai chicken curry with salad today, yesterday had a beef potato and carrot stew, and tomorrow chicken tikka masala :) 
  • @ketomommy I need your Keto bagel recipe!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @leendenny I use this: https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/low-carb-keto-everything-bagels/

I use Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel seasoning instead of the homemade one.   I am eating one for breakfast right now.  :)