Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 11/12

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY? What is your hidden talent?

Re: TTCAL w/o 11/12

• Loading the player...
  • @nomangos23 im excited for you to get your results. also that's quite the talent! 
    @kbrown2385 bruised tailbones suck. once when I was in elementary school, I was trying to be popular by being a real bitch. a kid with crutches fell down the stairs and I made fun of him. not even 5 mins later I fell down those stairs and bruised my tailbone too. my first true taste of karma lol. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 1 MMC

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? TW* my SIL had her baby a week or so ago so we went to see her. I had very mixed emotions so I told my bf to help dodge questions if I decide to not hold her. well of course, my sil puts the baby in my arms and I'm the only one in the entire house that can calm her and she slept for 4 hours. Thankfully my tears were seen as happy tears. it was rough but I'm proud of myself. END TW**

I woke up feeling like I got hit by a truck. not sure if I'm getting sick or if its my bodies way to telling me to slow down and take a day. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? In one week all my results from blood work is coming in and hopefully an internal ultrasound to check for cysts

GTKY? What is your hidden talent? I can sing almost any song that comes on the radio. I rarely know the name of the song or who sings it. my friends and family are generally pretty impressed by it. 

• @prpl11butterfly I'm so sorry for your loss and to see you back here. You're not alone in your feelings. I recently downloaded the book called "Not Broken" by Dr Lora Shahine who is an RE that specializes in RPL. It's a quick two hour read that I downloaded on my kindle. She does a really good job of explaining all of the things you test for for RPL patients, even the topics that are controversial in the medical community and how she treats each condition. I learned a lot, so that might be helpful when requesting tests from your doc. She was also the guest on episode 176 of the Beat Infertility podcast. More than anything, be kind to yourself through this process. We're here for you  <3

• @prpl11butterfly i am so sorry to hear of your loss and that youre back here. I hope you can get all the answers you need asap. You and your husband are in my thoughts. ❤
  • @prpl11butterfly f***!  Knowing there are no words of comfort for you shattered heart, this community is here for you. ❤️  Good for you for taking an extra day off work. Working through the physical part of MC is salt in the wound.
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 3 losses MMC late last year then CP in june then MMC in September. For the moment unexplained.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Its been a bad week, CD21 and still no definite signs of ovulation. This is my second cycle after my last MMC (first trying and temping), and I have never ever had a cycle that looks like this. Before my last MC my cycles were unbeleivably predictable. I just don't really know what to do, its not like I thought I was going to be PG this cycle but this seems like a whole other issue,

Any testing coming up/any recent results? RPL clinic has ordered 2 more blood tests before they will book me in. So will do that tomorrow.

GTKY? What is your hidden talent? Nothing really, I sing okay

@nomangos23 hope your test comes back okay

@kbrown2385 its nice to get that time together, something I really need to book in myself.

@prpl11butterfly I'm not sure I would be okay with its just bad luck either. It may well be, but better to rule out the other stuff. Take care of yourself and I am so sorry for your loss.

• @kgg2241 I heard snippits about it on NPR this morning and was so surprised to hear her talk about it! Two others I'm thankful for - Gabrielle Union (poor woman has 8 miscarriages!!) and Chrissy Tiegan. What is next month's protocol if this cycle is a BFN? (And FX that it won't be) Also, back up for a minute. You smell when someone is sick? Like cold sick, or cancer sick? Or both? What does it smell like?

@lokibear89 I'm sorry for the out of wack cycle. I was noticing some delayed ovulation after each loss cycle and they all actually turn out to be an-o cycles. I would say if next month is wonky too you might call your doc.

@kels0091 Bless you for powering through holding a nb for FOUR HOURS. My heart aches for you just thinking about that! @kgg2241 Can you tell us if Kels is getting sick or not? :D 

• kgg2241kgg2241 member
    edited November 2018
    @nomangos23 We will do an IUI if this month isn't a success. Part of me is hoping that I'll be one of those people that miraculously gets pregnant right before they start treatment. I'm doubtful though. Our timing wasn't great.

It sounds crazy. Mostly colds, but sometimes more serious stuff (like when my sister had appendicitis). I think I can smell the immune system ramping up. It is a sour, musty smell. Or when people have cancer they have a very strong, distinct smell to me. 

Edt to add that I totally bet I could smell if Kels is getting sick  :D
  • @nomangos23 Thank you! My mom asked me today if I was ready and I was like, "I am not the one that needs to be ready. Let's all send some happy, calm juju in the general direction of my surgeons and hope they are getting really good nights of sleep, aren't dealing with any family drama, etc.!" GL at your appointment tomorrow!

@kbrown2385 Hidden talent or not, having a good read on people probably saves you from a lot of garbage humans. I'd love to be like, "Noooope. Not you."  :D  How did you bruise your tailbone? And how long is the recovery for that?!

@kels0091 I feel like new babies in the family or close circle of friends is a no-win situation sometimes. I am glad you are proud of yourself-- that's so important! I went to a baby shower of a very close friend who had also had a loss (which is how we got so close) and I sweat THROUGH MY CLOTHES at that godforsaken shower, but I did it.  

@prpl11butterfly I am so, so sorry. I hope the physical pain and discomfort subsides soon.  <3

@lokibear89 I am sorry it's been a tough week. I miss the predictability of pre-MC cycles. Hopefully there will be some ideas/answers at future RPL appointments for you?

@kgg2241 Thanks-- the FMLA paperwork did work out! I didn't really doubt that it would, but there was some confusion about whether or not I HAD to do it because we have such good sick time coverage, but overall it was relatively easy. Shout out to my surgery scheduler who did pretty much everything for me! I am sure that is a thankless job many days but she was a true champ. I also heard about Michelle Obama's new book on NPR this morning and I loved how candid she was about their marriage and marriage counseling too. She said something along the lines of knowing that people really think they have this amazing relationship (#relationshipgoals) and she wanted people to know that that kind of relationship took hard work for them. For some reason, that lifted my spirits a bit about all of the challenges of adulting: marriage is work, for some of TTC is work, it's all work. Then I put some Irish cream in my coffee because I have the day off from work work. :)

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 2 MC (2/2017 and 7/2017, the latter in the desert on a backpacking trip, because of course it was). 

Status: Benched. Surgery in 2 days! And then still benched for at least a month after that, but at least we are doing the thing, ya know?

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Rant: I went through quite a bit of therapy to help me move past the grief and trauma of our losses, so most days are okay, but lately my anxiety has been through the roof. Today, I was enjoying a day off and got on social media to scroll lazily while watching Great British Baking Show, and not one but THREE new baby announcements popped up. Ugh. get out of my day off, Fertile Myrtles.

Rave: Two things. I spent part of my day eating chicken and waffles and a big part of it sleeping on the couch side-by-side with our big, dumb dog. DELUXE. The other thing: We've been doing some work redecorating and rearranging our house a bit and my sister, who is *perfect* came to pick me up today, and said, "Your house feels so welcoming and cozy. And it is so you guys." Felt like a huge compliment from her-- our style is a little haphazard and non-traditional.  

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Unlikely. Sounds like my OB wants to do this surgery and then essentially start "fresh" on my TTC adventures. The uterine tissue that is removed will go to pathology, per protocol, but no one suspects anything exciting to come from that. 

GTKY? What is your hidden talent? I am really good at knowing what time it is without looking at a clock. I think this comes from years of outdoor activities, where knowing sunrise and sunset times matters?

• TennisLove30TennisLove30 member
    edited November 2018

Hello everyone. I have had one MC at 10 weeks in August 2017. Last month was my first time back TTC since my loss. I have one child who is almost four who was conceived through fertility treatments.

How are things going?  What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? So far things seem to be going well. My husband travels a lot for his job, so I solo parent all week. It can be stressful and exhausting.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No. 

GTKY? What is your hidden talent? I am an empath, so I can read people pretty well. 

• @minnek8 exciting your surgery is so soon! As for my tailbone; I slipped on our stairs and landed hard on my butt, then proceeded to slide the rest of the way down. I spent a good 5 minutes writhing in pain at the bottom trying to decide if I was going to laugh or cry before I was able to get up and lay on the couch :D.  As for recovery, is too damn long an acceptable time frame? I honestly have no idea. The next day I felt significantly better, but it hurts to sneeze at this point. The actual sitting isn’t bad, it’s just getting to or leaving that position. I’m thankful it’s not broken, but don’t recommend it to anyone haha. 

@kgg2241 I’m intrigued by your ability to smelll sickness! I watched the Michelle Obama interview today. Loved how she opened up about all of that. 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Unexplained RPL. 4 MCs.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I am still having a rough time *shocker.* DH and I went to therapy on Saturday and I don't know what I was expecting, but it's not what I got. With this past cycle being extra-special to my body and everything I am really done with TTCAL physically myself. So, I guess I was hoping maybe at therapy to convey that to him and to confess that I still REALLY want a baby, but I can't abuse my body (physically, mentally, or emotionally) anymore to do it. I guess I was hoping he'd reconsider adoption. But he essentially said he never wanted kids, and that we tried, and that he doesn't want to put any more time or effort into having a child that he never cared if he had or not in the first place (either bio or adopted). So if I'm done with putting my body through this process, then we can basically be done altogether. He is not willing to compromise any further (he never wanted RPL testing, which I found out after we were most of the way through RPL testing and meeting with REs). So... I'm trying to come to terms with all of this. *sigh* Back to reading "Life Without Baby" for me I guess...

GTKY? What is your hidden talent? Lately I'd say it's managing to not murder everyone around me... which is pretty amazing for someone with about 0 patience...

nomangos23 I’m excited for my extended family coming over for Thanksgiving too! I definitely appreciate my awesome and crazy family.

prpl11butterfly Sorry you’re going through all of this again. Take some time off work if you can and focus on self-care. I really do recommend it. Definitely ask for a RPL panel, but make sure you get it done with the RE and NOT your OB! Sometimes RE’s require tests done by THEM so you don’t want to end up having to pay for tests twice because of this. Make sure you get a progesterone test done at some point.

kgg2241  I read about Michelle Obama’s MC and IVF. I thought it was a great share too. Also, weird hidden talent!  Cool though!

minnek8 I have unfollowed SO many people on FB, I swear all I have left are single friends and “We’re all getting microchipped in 2017!” psychos.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer I am so so sorry that your appointment didn't go as hoped. That must have been so hard to hear him say those things when you've gone through hell (and still are) to come out empty handed. I have no advice, but just lots of hugs and cuss words for you. 
  • @dpjennifer I'm sorry your body is being unkind to you and you're having trouble adjusting to the page DH is on. I can imagine that is a really, really tough spot to be in. Sending love you to my friend. <3
  • Thank you all.

@nomangos23 I downloaded it and am slowly working my way through. With all my emotions it's hard to focus in depth on it (or anything for that matter...)

@dpjennifer thank you for the advise. I'm waiting on a call from my pcp to get the referral now. I am so sorry that YH is unyielding on his decision. I cannot imagine how tough it is and I'm so sorry that you were caught off guard by the inability to sway him even to think about it more.
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.  Well. 2 CP, this summer and now a Blighted Ovum that was discovered at my 8 week appointment on Friday.

Status: Benched until Jan-Feb as of now, maybe longer if it takes that long to get back to a normal cycle.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Well I was supposed to have a D&C today, but I freaked out last Friday about the process they were taking me through and it gave me a panic attack. So I started Cytotec on Friday and repeated on Sunday and the dosage they gave me did absolutely nothing to me. So I started a double dose yesterday and it seems to have started the process, and hoping tomorrows dose finishes everything up. If not I will have to have a D&C in 2 weeks when my OB comes back from vacation in Italy. I am pretty much an emotional wreck and stressed. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I will go back for another US next week to check my status. 

GTKY? What is your hidden talent? I want cool hidden talents like all of you. All I have is being able to rap Ice Ice Baby. 

• @prpl11butterfly I was hoping you were coming back this way. I am sad to see you here, but glad for all the support you have shown. I am here if you want to chat.

@nomangos23 I hope your appointment went well yesterday. 

@minnek8 I swear I have seen more announcements in my friends circle and on FB in the last 3 weeks than I have in the last 2 years. It's like a baby boom.

@dpjennifer I don't even have words. I am sorry you are going through this and your therapy session went the way it did. 

• @klmcguire:  I'm so so so sorry to see you back here, and even more sorry that the process is not smooth.  You are completely allowed to be a wreck.  Know that you have so many of us thinking about you.
  • Thanks @lcking82 I just want to hide in a corner and not get out until the new year. I don't want to answer questions at holidays and I am just like bah-humbug all around. 

• @klmcguire I'm so sorry for your loss and that you're back here. I really hope the Cytotec works quickly for you. Do you know if the doc plans to run RPL panels after this last loss? Also, rapping Ice Ice Baby is an extremely cool hidden talent in my book. 
  • @nomangos23 I have absolutely no clue. I was in such a hurry to get OUT of that place that I did not ask a single question. MH is a NP and seems to believe that this is still happening because of my IUD. So we are going to give it until the new year and give myself a couple of real cycles and then start trying again. My Dr. was really hopeful that my next experience will be different and that he really was not happy with my HCG numbers the way they were progressing at the beginning. So I assume he is not planning on starting any testing as of right now, which I am fine with giving it one more go and then deciding on testing. 

• I’m just catching up. I’ve been sick for 2 weeks and haven’t been able to get on because everything seemed to physically exhausting, then another BFN didn’t help.

@prpl11butterfly :’( I am so heartbroken you are back here. No one deserves this. 

****TW Friend babies/Kids****
    AFM: The last two weeks have sucked. Being horribly sick and a long period on top of that. Today was just the topper. A close friend of mine was being thrown a sprinkle shower, I wasn’t going to go but I love this friend dearly so I went. Everything was going ok until the topic of kids/more kids came up and of course it’s the woman with 9 biological children that takes it upon herself to ask everyone the plans for their uterus. Don’t assume you know shit about my uterus based on it current emptiness. Don’t throw around phrases like so many one and done here, not to mention that I have two step children and they count. So much rage.  I knew I shouldn’t have went and then left shortly after. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat that's terrible I'm so sorry you had to experience that. So brutal. 
    I hate when other people have an opinion on someone elses uterus. 
  • @kindbytealikat that's so horrible, sometimes I wish I was brave enough to just tell people how awful and triggering (and private) the answer to that question is. Look after yourself, I'm glad you could leave shortly after.
  • Hi ladies.  I figured I would introduce myself here as I am having a hard time today.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. DS was born in June 2017 with a genetic disorder that caused many birth defects.  He unexpectedly died of heart disease 3 months ago.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I am struggling with Thanksgiving coming up.  We're going to my in-laws and I had a mini meltdown tonight about it.  I feel like such a child around them and I hate it.  Like, I want to be hosting Thanksgiving this year - I'm a 30 year old mom now.  But no, I'm not really a mom anymore.  I have no one to take care of.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope.  We met with our MFM last month, and she gave us the all clear to try again.  We don't know the genetic cause of DS's issues, so we are supposed to try again and see what happens.

GTKY? What is your hidden talent? Hmmm....I guess I have an uncanny memory for song lyrics?

Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy I'm sure the holidays are so tough.  My best friend lost her first baby almost two years ago right before Christmas.  You will always be a mom.  Hang in there.  

@prpl11butterfly I too am so sorry to see you back.  This journey is so hard.  

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.  MC May 2018, MMC with D&C July 2018, CP last week.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?  I am just feeling so frustrated.  I was so hopeful for this new pregnancy only to have it end in a CP.  Initial HCG looked fabulous and then bam 2 days later unchanged numbers.  I don't understand why this keeps happening.  Luckily my doctor is fabulous and willing to do all the RPL testing without having me see RE.  It's probably all just bad luck and the fact that I'm almost 39 and trying to have a baby.  If we are lucky enough to get another positive test I will start aspirin and progesterone just in case.  

I had an incredibly tough shift at work tonight.  I ended up staying a couple hours after my shift ended to make sure this patient and her family had everything they needed.  As I am grabbing my stuff to walk out the door one of my colleagues comes up to me to share the happy news she is 14 weeks pregnant.  I seriously faked the biggest smile I could muster and then drove home in tears.  

Any testing coming up/any recent results?All of the RPL testing.  I know the second MC was due to Trisomy 22 after fetal genetic testing.  I just need to find time to go to the lab and get them done this week.  I need to decide if I was hysterosalpingogram.  

GTKY? What is your hidden talent?  Tripping over my own two feet, haha!  Not the most talented individual.