First Time Mom's check-in w/o Nov 12th

kristimh80kristimh80 member
edited November 2018 in March 2019 Moms
Wanted to check in on all the FTM's! Hope you all are having a great week <3 

How far along?
How are you feeling this week?
Rants/Raves/Questions?
Any upcoming appointments?
GTKY:  Are you doing any DIY things for your nursery or having something made? 
TTC #1 since April 2015
June 2016 - CP
2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
ERA Cycle May / June 2018
ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
EDD March 28, 2019
Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

Re: First Time Mom's check-in w/o Nov 12th

• @kristimh80 I totally forgot we are doing FTM check-ins now! Thanks for getting this started!

How far along? 24 weeks, 2 days
    How are you feeling this week? Tired. I keep falling asleep on the couch around 9-10pm. Hip pain while side sleeping. Feeling increasingly large in the belly. Otherwise, pretty great!
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I took off work for all of next week so I can't WAIT for this week to end! Work motivation has been increasingly difficult for me.
    Any upcoming appointments? Routine prenatal next Wednesday. Maybe glucose test? It was mentioned at my last appointment but I can't remember when my midwife said that would be. Next week works great since I'm already off work.
    GTKY:  Are you doing any DIY things for your nursery or having something made? I love the idea of DIY but never have the attention span to see those projects through. MH and FIL will be adding a bulkhead to the nursery closet so we can replace the awful metal doors with sliding wooden ones. Then we will paint. That's about all the DIY we have planned.
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited November 2018
    How far along? 20 weeks 5 days
    How are you feeling this week? Pretty good! Not sure if it's the extra vitamins I started, but I've had more energy this past week than in ages. But I've become a bottomless pit...I could have ate all day yesterday.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: It went from like 75 to 30 degrees in no time! Hoping there's a warm up soon!
    Any upcoming appointments? MFM for 2nd AS on Monday. FX baby isn't such a brat this time lol
    GTKY:  Are you doing any DIY things for your nursery or having something made? Thinking of making a framed small flower wall type deal with her name on in. Something neutral so she can have for longer than just the nursery. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Loading the player...
  • How far along? 23w 3d

How are you feeling this week? I feel OK. I am also a bottomless pit lately. It's like I could eat all day every day. I haven't had the nerve to step on the scale to see how my weight gain is going. Haha  
    Rants/Raves/Questions? The newest development is that my breasts are tender again. Like they were at the beginning. My nipples have been super sensitive for a while now but the the actual breasts have felt fine. This morning though they were aching pretty bad. 
    Any upcoming appointments? Regular prenatal Monday next week with the glucose test. 
    GTKY:  Are you doing any DIY things for your nursery or having something made? I'm making a baby blanket but I'm not at all happy with it so it definitely won't be anything I make a big deal about. I'm just finishing it because I don't want another half done project. We have multiple family members though that are making quilts. One will probably get hung on the wall. Just not sure which one until I see them all. 
  • @valentynsi Glad I'm not the only one eating a lot! I've gotten to wear I turn around at dr's office...I figure ignorance is bliss lol Love the idea of hanging a quilt. My grandmother made us a baby quilt that I wanted and hadn't even thought of using it for something like that.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• How far along? 22w 1 day

How are you feeling this week? I'm feeling tired after 2 busy days at work this week and still recovering from a cold, but I'm feeling great overall. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? DH is so funny, we went hiking this weekend and he carried a large rock in his pack to make up for the extra baby weight I'm carrying. I estimate it weighed close to 25lbs which is way more than he needed to carry, but it slowed him down slightly so I was happy about it! 

Any upcoming appointments? Nothing until the beginning of December. 

GTKY:  Are you doing any DIY things for your nursery or having something made? We are not having a nursery since our house is tiny and currently our spare bedroom is a storage room, but I think I will make some type of macarme wall hanging for above the crib and I'm also making some clothes, wash cloths, burp rags and bibs. 
  • How far along? 24 weeks 5 days 

How are you feeling this week? I'm physically feeling okay. Like everybody else, I'm just super achey and tossing and turning at night. I feel like I get achey no matter what I do. When I used to get lower back pain pre-pregnancy walking would help ease it, but now long walks seem to cause weird back and hip pains.. so does sitting.. and laying down... Also really hungry and I'm starting to gain weight more quickly. I didn't gain any weight my first trimester but it's starting to catch up to me! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm feeling the kid kicking me pretty consistently now which is really nice. I'm finally at a point where I'm not constantly worried about something going wrong which is great because I have so many other things in life to worry about right now! I also read that at this point, my uterus is the size of a soccer ball and I'm not gonna lie, that kind of freaked me out. 

Any upcoming appointments? Just had a routine appt on Monday and everything went well. Next appointment is the glucose test in four weeks. 

GTKY:  Are you doing any DIY things for your nursery or having something made? We have some ideas for painting the nursery but haven't had time to really think it through. Our big goal for the nursery and the house in general is to figure out the heating system which is way more practical than fun. We moved into a  >100 year old house about a year ago with steam radiators and it's not easy figuring out how to adjust the system so certain rooms are warmer than others. Right now, the nursery is one of the coldest rooms so we really need to figure this out! 
  • How far along? 21 weeks today
    How are you feeling this week? Rather emotional, but finally have some energy, which is nice!
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I swear i'm the last person on this board to get her anatomy scan! With how my appointments fell, I was just a little too early at my last appt and now I'll be almost 22 weeks before the a/s. Can't wait to see baby boy again! Hopefully my husband will finally believe me that it's not a girl. :lol: Never mind his family's full of boys and he determines the sex, he keeps joking that my family (all girls) have male sperm destroying vaginas and that's how my parents got all girls. 
    Any upcoming appointments? Monday for the a/s! 
    GTKY:  Are you doing any DIY things for your nursery or having something made? We ordered construction equipment/road decals from etsy for his walls. We thought it would still be super cute and then any transition to toddler room would be just a different bed. We got reusable ones so he could peel/stick them when he got older. :) https://www.etsy.com/listing/572331049/construction-vehicles-wall-decal?ref=shop_home_active_3
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @mayoduck - YAY for a whole week off! Hope this week is smooth sailing so you can really enjoy it! 
    @kristimh80 - oh thank heavens it's not just me. I swear I'm eating every two hours. Or I eat a really big meal and pay for it later. Yesterday I ate a whole frozen pizza for lunch b/c I hadn't eaten since breakfast (4 hours ago) and I was starving. :( The flower decal for YD sounds so cute! Please share if you do it!
    @emarcinek99 - LOL at YH carrying around the rock for extra weight! He definitely scores some bonus points for that! 
    @bug_hunter - I also didn't gain any weight in first tri. As of my last appt (just before 18 weeks) I had gained only one pound. Suspect I'll be making up for some lost time on Monday. Since my breasts got bigger (again, waah! :cry:) I'm guessing closer to 5 pounds. Good luck with the heating system! I hope you guys can get it figured out soon! 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @emarcinek99 That's so cute of your husband to do!

@catlady2015 Honestly, I kind of wish I had waited a little longer for my AS. The little one was all over the place and now I wonder if she was a little bigger, maybe she would have been more cooperative and wouldn't be going back for a 2nd one. As for eating, your pizza sounds good right now lol 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 - oh, it was good, a thin crust supreme pizza. Sounds good again today, honestly, but can’t eat that much in one sitting again! I’m hoping waiting means he won’t be so squirrely, but he’s been rather active so I don’t know if I’ll be so lucky. Definitely not having orange juice or caffeine before in the hopes he’ll be somewhat chill. 🤞 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • How far along? 24 weeks! 
    How are you feeling this week? Pretty good! I could always eat and it is hard to get off the couch sometimes, hahah. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm craving all the holiday sweets. DH and I ate a whole batch of brownies in 2 days, but I definitely a lot more than half! 
    Any upcoming appointments? Not for a couple of weeks! 
    GTKY: Are you doing any DIY things for your nursery or having something made? After we paint the nursery color I'm going to paint a mural for one of the walls (loosely based on a local mountain range with evergreen sillouhettes). I'm excited to start!! Going to tape the edges up today (unless I get lazy, haha). Also probably going to make a baby hat. My aunt is making a car seat blanket.
  • @abbykwail your mural sounds so pretty!! Please share when you get it done!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 I definitely will!!  It is the thing I am most excited about other than baby 😁. I'm also thinking about having a diy mobile kit at my baby shower as a crafts optional thing. I'm not into most baby shower games but I am into arts and crafts (I was an art major in undergrad) so that seems like a nice option for people who aren't actually artsy. My sister is throwing it for me and we also talked about cookie decorating! 
  • @abbykwail Oh that sounds like so much fun! Esp since obviously you can control in a way what it will look like. Plus, I'm sure people would love to feel like they were included in some way. I made the misake of buying the mobile already, now FX wall stuff above that I've ordered for DIY actually matches lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 even if it doesn't, the theme can be 'mix and match' !!! 
  • @catlady2015 I didn't gain any weight my first trimester or the first few weeks of the second trimester and I didn't have horrible morning sickness or anything. I'm almost 25 weeks now and probably up around 15lbs and it seemed like it just happened so fast! I know it's all in the normal range, it's just weird to see the scale start jumping so quickly after not seeing change for months.