July 2019 Moms

PGAL checkin 11/7

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL).  If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation. 

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you! 

1. How many weeks are you?

2. Previous loss(es)?

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?

4. Any appointment updates?

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up? 

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: PGAL checkin 11/7

• 1. How many weeks are you? 5w 6d

2. Previous loss(es)? One loss just before my 2 year old

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically I'm fine. Minor cramping, nausea, slightly sore boobs.  I did have some spotting on Tuesday which I thought was the end, but it was brief and only once right after sex.  It's just so hard to let myself get excited knowing how this could go.

4. Any appointment updates? First appointment on Friday.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

6. Any milestones coming up? Just looking forward to that first ultrasound.

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? Turkey!
  • 1. How many weeks are you?
    3w,6d

2. Previous loss(es)?
    cp last month

anxious and restless

waiting for beta results from this morning. my first one was 97.9

The down side of testing early is waiting for the day your period is projected to start

biscuits 

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 5w3d 

2. Previous loss(es)? March of this year. Chemical and an ectopic 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically, totally normal except for a horrendous head cold. Emotionally, I’m paranoid and freaking out because this is our last chance 

4. Any appointment updates? First ultrasound is next Tuesday 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Being sick and not being able to take anything for it suuuuuuucks lol

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving Food? Dressing! And pie. Not together lol

5w3d (I think. Irregular cycles and PCOS make it hard to know for sure) 

2. Previous loss(es)? MC around 8 weeks last spring. It was tough. We went in for US to get a better idea of date and had to contusion going back for multiple US. Ended up kind of slowly watching it all unfold baby just wasn’t growing at the right rate and then we heard a tiny but slow heartbeat and then next US no more heartbeat. 

I want to feel excited. We really want a baby and have prayed and prayed for this but I feel like I can’t get excited even if I try. Physically everything is so different this time around. With my last pregnancy I was always nauseous this time around it sort of comes and goes but not as bad. Mostly just sore and itchy boobs. 

Decided to wait until we know we are at least 8 weeks for first appointment since the last time was so rough. 

Just glad to have a place to connect with other people who understand the emotional rollercoaster or PGAL 

First OB appt right after thanksgiving. Hoping we can keep the secret until then. Though I expect I’ll end up telling my mom before that. 

Yams 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 5W2D

2. Previous loss(es)? 5 - 13W between my 9 & 11 yr old boys, 11W, 6W, 9W, 10W - all in the last 3 years. 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally... I'm pregnant today. Mostly good, sometimes ragey, sometimes super sad/emotional... but I'm pregnant today, and thankful for it. Physically... not necessarily symptom-wise, but for some reason this pregnancy feels like the one with my oldest son. Heartburn that comes and goes, but not the kill me immediately that I had with all my losses, all day queasy feeling, and ******TMI***** my butt hurts! Like I have cramps my they are in my butt/intestines, not my uterus? Weird... 

4. Any appointment updates? First appointment 11/19. Will be 7 weeks. Most of my MMCs were "missed" somewhere around 7-8 weeks. Bleeding started anywhere from 2-4 weeks later.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant - coffee has betrayed me. My coffee is making me sick.

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? Usually stuffing, but turkey is up there if I make it. I brine my turkey and find most other people make their turkey way too dry. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 5wk1d

2. Previous loss(es)? Loss at 6wks2d last month 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically ok. Tired, bloated ,a bit nauseous. Emotionally I'm tired. I want to be excited but I'm nervous as heck. H and I hardly even talk about me being pregnant because we don't want to get too excited just to have another loss.

4. Any appointment updates? No. I was supposed to go in for bloodwork and instead I'm going in for an ultrasound in 2wks. Just want to get passed the 6wks mark. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  Na. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope. 

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? I love homemade cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes and gravy! Yum!!! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 4 weeks 6 days

2. Previous loss(es)? 5 weeks 3 days last month...

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I feel good, but a little anxious. Last month I felt very strongly I was pregnant and then a week later I felt very strongly that something wasn't right. This time I just kind of feel neutral. My boobs are starting to get a little achy which sucks but I'm thankful for at least that symptom! I just can't wait until next week is over and I pass that "loss date" and then I think I can feel more optimistic!

4. Any appointment updates? My doc won't see me until 8-10 weeks, and I haven't called to make the appointment yet because last time I made it and had to call and cancel it and that really sucked.

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? I'm Canadian so we already had our thanksgiving last month but I don't really have a strong favourite- maybe stuffing!?
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• 1. How many weeks are you? 5 weeks, 1 day 

2. Previous loss(es)? Loss in July 2018 at/around 8 weeks 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Feeling more optimistic with each day that passes with no bleeding. Physically, I constantly feel full, slightly sore and worn out.  

4. Any appointment updates? Trying to wait as patiently as I can for our first US on 11/29 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm gunna rave about the chili I made tonight. New recipe and it hit the spot!

6. Any milestones coming up? Getting past our first appointment and seeing the heartbeat is enough of a milestone for me. My OB didn't see a heartbeat at my 8 week scan in July.... baby basically stopped growing past the 6 week mark. It was totally devastating because I was by myself (DH or my mom usually go with me), so I know hearing that heartbeat will be a big victory despite it not being a concrete sign. 

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? I love all the sides and none of the meat. Sweet potato casserole, stuffing, mac-n-cheese, etc. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• anomasqrlanomasqrl member
    edited November 2018

1. How many weeks are you? 5w4d

2. Previous loss(es)? September 2018 at 5 weeks. There were also probable losses in Aug 2017 (wacky cycles and positive test but blood hcg of zero once I started bleeding a few days later) and July 2018 (felt pregnant, felt implantation, than had a very heavy period and early ovulation. Was too upset to go in for bloodwork so will never know for sure).

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally nervous but generally okay. Already had a rollercoaster with a positive test at home, but negative test at the OB 3 days later, but then blood hcg 200Ish and then 1600ish. My pregnancy symptoms are waxing and waning too which is making me nuts.

4. Any appointment updates? Getting an ultrasound next week - will be 6w6d

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone else with unconfirmed past losses? It’s a weird thing. 

6. Any milestones coming up? I don’t think I’m going to stop worrying about this pregnancy until the kid is born. And my first was a NICU baby so even then...

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? Stuffingggg
  • How many weeks are you? 5 weeks tomorrow.

2. Previous loss(es)? One loss in September at about 4 weeks.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Pretty good. All the emotions. I don’t want to rush this pregnancy because it might be my last but I also just want to get it over with.

4. Any appointment updates? I won’t go for my first appointment until 10 weeks. Feels like forever.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I think my husband is avoiding this pregnancy because of our loss. He doesn’t really talk about it.

6. Any milestones coming up? No

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? Stuffing and left over sandwiches. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 4wks 2days

2. Previous loss(es)? An ectopic in February where I lost my left tube at 8wks, and a miscarriage in May at 6wks.

Emotionally I am tentatively but apprehensively hopeful. 
    Physically I am so gassy I feel like a balloon. I am a little nervous, also because I feel wet all the time but my cm is quite dry... I feel like I'm bracing myself for blood each time I go pee. 

I saw my GP today, who put in a referral for midwives/OBGYN, the same group I saw with my (3 year old) daughter.

No.

Had bloodwork today. Hopeful for a nice, high HCG after a clear, dark positive at the doctor's office today.

Well Canadian Thanksgiving is already passed, but leftover turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce and stuffing.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? Between 4 and 5w. Just got a BFP today! 

2. Previous loss(es)? MC at 5w in August 2018

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally, I'm angry because I feel like I have been robbed of any excitement for this or any future pregnancy. How am not supposed to be terrified this whole time? Physically, no symptoms yet other than being really thirsty, and then suddenly cranky and then suddenly crying. 

4. Any appointment updates? Gotta call my OB tomorrow. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  Because of my lost pregnancy I feel like I have no right to be irritated but I'm already kind of irritated at the timing of this. July is really not ideal but I need to get over it and be happy to be pregnant again and find a way to get excited about this instead of being scared the whole time. I'm also already dreading being too early in the first trimester to tell people next month at the holidays, but everyone's going to be asking DH and I and commenting on my not drinking because we are hobbyist wine connoisseurs! Oy vey!

6. Any milestones coming up? Not yet!

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? Butternut Squash. Yum!
  • @NicholeL16 I hear you on the husband thing. I'm so nervous tell DH when he gets home from work. He said I emotionally processed our MC too quickly and he felt like he couldn't talk about it so I want to respect his feelings.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 4w4d

2. Previous loss(es)? CP in Aug and 8w1d loss in May

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I'm okay. Being cautiously optimistic about it all.

4. Any appointment updates? trying to decide when I want to go in, I know I want to wait til maybe 7 or 8 weeks before we go in.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? kudos to my boss who is also pregnant for being supportive

6. Any milestones coming up? no, unfortunately. Just have to truck through the next few weeks and hopefully we have a good ultrasound

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? green bean casserole or sweet potato rolls. Lord. All of it is delicious. Lol
  • @NicholeL16 and @scp2585 my H took our loss much harder than I ever expected and hasn't really wanted to talk about this pregnancy either. I'm hoping once we get through our first appt and ultrasound he'll be more enthusiastic and less worried. Shoot, I'm hoping it's the same for me too. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 3w2d

2. Previous loss(es)? CP @ 5wks in Sept

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Wanting to celebrate, but really just freaking out every time I have a twinge. Doesn't helped that DH has to be out of country, again, around the same time we lost the last pregnancy. I'm super super weepy and exhausted. :/

4. Any appointment updates? None, I haven't called yet. I think I'll wait til I hit at least five weeks before I make an appt so I don't have to call and cancel like I did last time (solidarity @yelyah4826)

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Hoping this anxious feeling will go away, but I'll probably be anxious til second tri.

6. Any milestones coming up? No.

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? Corn pudding!
  • I’m going to tentatively join. I enjoyed reading all of your intros and I hope to get to know you all. 

1. How many weeks are you? 6w1d

2. Previous loss(es)? 2 CP's prior to DD1 (3 in December), MMC before DD2 (11 months), and a 5w loss in September. 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I'm still feeling pretty detached from this one, but starting to have a little hope, which scares me more than the detached feeling. 

4. Any appointment updates? I had an appointment on Thursday to have an early ultrasound for viability. My husband couldn't make it so I was a nervous wreck, but we saw a heartbeat and little bean is two days ahead on growth. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? We are moving for the second time in 2 years and this time it's from coast to coast. I'm nervous about the lag in health care associated with the move as well as the unavoidable stress. @foodislove I'm sorry your husband will be gone around the 5 week mark. My husband travels a lot for work and it's never easy. 

6. Any milestones coming up? I'm due 4 days apart from when I was due with my MMC two years ago, so getting past the 10 week mark (and my D&C) in December is the next milestone I'm focused on.

7. GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Stuffing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 5w1d

2. Previous loss(es)? 7w, cp, 15w5d, cp

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically I feel pretty much normal.  My digestive system is a bit off which is normal for me when pregnant.  Emotionally still trying to not get my hopes up. 

4. Any appointment updates?  Had a beta 10/31 of 38.  48 hour repeat on 11/2 was 152!!!  I have my first US on 11/20 so 10 days to go!!!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone else on progesterone?  If so how many weeks are you staying on that?

6. Any milestones coming up? I want to see that heartbeat and then I want to get to 10 weeks and get the genetic testing done and then maybe I will start to believe it.  Hoping progesterone keeps this one growing!

7. GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?  Stuffing and mashed potatoes.
  • @afterthestorms I’ve been doing PIO since 6 days before my embryo transfer and they want me to stay on it for the entire first tri... yuck! My butt is getting numb from the shots lol 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 5w5d

2. Previous loss(es)? 2, most recently September at 6w

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I have such strong symptoms that it actually makes me feel better mentally.. but this is the first time I have told absolutely no one other than my husband, and I even waited a full week to tell him. Just don’t want to put my family through that rollercoaster of a heart break again.

4. Any appointment updates? First appointment is Monday, I cannot wait to hear that little heartbeat!!!

6. Any milestones coming up? Getting past the 6w mark is going to be a huge deal, and it’s so close!

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? Really everything.. but I am soo looking forward to stuffing and green bean casserole this year

• 1. How many weeks are you? 6+5

2. Previous loss(es)? One at 13 weeks last year, one at 10 weeks this past July

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically super nauseous. All day long. And oh the boobs:/ Emotionally ok. I'm feeling hopeful and optimistic. But sad that I can't really let myself believe this is for real until we see a strong heartbeat. 

4. Any appointment updates? RE appointment Thursday. First US scheduled for November 29th.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Just stressed about the first US. I think the RE is going to want to do an early one but I don't think I could handle any ambiguity at this point. Which is why I made my 1st US appointment for when I would be 9 weeks. So just trying to stay calm until we know for sure if baby is growing properly in there.

6. Any milestones coming up? If we can get past that 1st US with a heartbeat then that will be a milestone!

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? Turkey. Definitely. 

• 1. How many weeks are you? 5w5d

2. Previous loss(es)? CP just before 5 weeks last month

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically I feel pregnant. But emotionally I'm just trying not to get too excited. I get all these twinges and aches in my adbomen and I freak out. The rational part of me is saying that this happened the first time too and everything turned out ok, but the other part of me keeps thinking something bad is going to happen. 

4. Any appointment updates? Had 3 betas which all looked great. Have our first ultrasound next Tuesday. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope. 

6. Any milestones coming up? I just want to get to the ultrasound appt. 

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? I love it all. But I'm most excited for mashed potatoes with some gravy! Oh and pumpkin pie :)
  • Kind of an update on PGAL milestones. I'm 6wks today. My loss was at 6wks2d. I'm so freaking nervous and it doesn't help that I had several nightmares last night about losing this baby. Ugh. PGAL screws with your head so much.  
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat I’m sorry for the upcoming loss milestone. The nightmares really suck. I hope you get past this milestone and feel a little more at ease on the other side. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    4w3d

2. Previous loss(es)?
    4 losses.  First loss was a MMC discovered at 9 weeks in Dec 2017.  That was followed by two consecutive CPs in Feb and March of this year.  Most recent loss was another MMC in June that was discovered at 14 weeks, after seeing a heartbeat 4 times. NIPT and POC testing showed our baby girl was genetically normal.  RPL testing revealed nothing.  

Still doesn't really feel real, I have no real hopes that I'll actually get to bring this baby home. I know as I get closer to the first u/s my anxiety will be really bad.  Physically I don't have any symptoms besides weird dreams.  

First beta was good, 627 at 16 DPO.  2nd draw is tomorrow.

When I sent my RE office a message to let them know I was pregnant the nurse congratulated me THREE separate times.  I finally had to ask her to please stop because I really don't feel like I have any reason to celebrate at this point.  It just seemed like she didn't even look at my chart before responding.  

Nope.  Long way to go for that.  

Mashed potatoes and gravy.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Thank you @babypi! I hope so too. ❤️
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat Sorry you're having bad dreams:( I totally get it. PGAL is the worst kind of mind games.
  • @nopegoat I know how you feel. I just passed my loss milestone today, I have a little sense of relief now but I think I’ll still have that little anxiety in my head until I hear a heartbeat at my first appt. I hope the next few days pass quickly for you
  • Thank you @Panaceia. It definitely is. 

@yelyah26 hugs! I'm hoping for a little bit of relief when I hit that milestone but I'm sure I'm going to feel the same way as you. How much longer till your first appt? 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat I’m so sorry. Hopefully these next two days pass by. It’s such a mind game. 

• 1. How many weeks are you? 6 weeks 3 days

2. Previous loss(es)? 1

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Nervous, but physically I’m fine.

4. Any appointment updates? We saw the heartbeat today!!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Why do people ask you when you’re having another child. It pisses me off so much.

6. Any milestones coming up? We go back next week for another ultrasound.

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? Mac and cheese  
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 4 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? Spontaneous MC 05/17 and MMC with D&C 07/18.  

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?  Truthfully I'm not feeling a lot for this pregnancy yet.  Part of me just doesn't want to get my hopes up.  My husband and I have not spoken a word about it since I told him about the positive HPT.  These last two miscarriages were so tough and the second one really broke me open.  I pray this little baby hangs in there.  Another part of me looks at my amazing partner and my little boy and feels like our family would be just fine as a threesome.  So many mixed feelings.  

4. Any appointment updates?  I had a blood draw yesterday.  I was 13dpo.  HCG 27 and Progesterone was 28.6.  Repeat labs tomorrow.  

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?   I tried to get in my ski pants and I can't button the top button.  I'm about 7-10 pounds heavier than last year.  Not looking to lose weight so I had to buy a new pair online.  On top of that I also had to buy new ski boots because my feet grew in my last pregnancy!  I love skiing, but this is getting expensive.  

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope, just waiting to see what happens.  My little boy turns 3 in two weeks which seems crazy to me.    

7. GTKY: What is your favorite thanksgiving food? Stuffing and Gravy.  And wine, but there won't be any of that this year!  
  • @coco2787 fingers crossed for you!  Your HCG looks great.  
  • @brake09 Yes to people's questions! I get the oposite though. Because DD is almost 5 and I'm almost 40 I get the "when did you know you only wanted to have only 1 child" or "you're so smart for sticking to just one. It must be so much easier" or "why did you decide to only have the one". I have had all of those comments verbatim at work over the past 2 weeks. Why do people need to know?
  • @Panaceia my son is 5 too and people have stopped asking me about another kid.  I think people assume that if you don't have kids close in age that automatically means you aren't going to have another.  

@denma2015 I've had similar thoughts about just remaining a family of three. But my son keeps asking for a sibling and that's honestly one of the only things that makes me keep trying, I want so much for this to work out for him.  My husband and I haven't really talked about this pregnancy either, he doesn't get my anxiety and I don't get his excitement so it's just been better to not talk about it. I hope your 2nd beta looks great today!

@brake09 that's so great you saw the heartbeat!  How exciting :)
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @nopegoat they wont see me until 8-10 weeks here. I haven't called yet to make an appointment yet because last month I had to call and cancel it so... I'll probably call to make an appointment next week. When do you have yours?
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @denma2015 I also would be fine with a family of 3. In our case DD desperately does NOT want a sibling. But SO desperately DOES want her to have one. But like you these past 2 losses have been very tough. I need this one to work out for us because I'm not sure how many more times I can take the heartbreak of loss.
  • @coco2787 We're the same way. We don't really talk about it. We are both super stressed and worried about the possibility of another loss. We're at the point that I don't even tell SO about my appointments until after I have them. And even then I'll only tell him if there is anything concrete to tell. I prefer handling disappointment on my own without immediately feeling like I'm letting someone else down. Plus in my case SO says all the wrong things because he doesn't really understand what I'm going through. He's still better than my mom though who the other day said SO should get checked since obviously with our 2 losses the egg never fertilized since we didn't end up with a baby...I don't know how she had 3 children:/
  • @yelyah4826 I'll call at the end of the week/beginning of next week to make my appt. I want to get through my loss milestone first. My OB sees you pretty early and though I love her, when I went through my loss last month I felt like she gave me false hope and kind of dragged it on. I'd rather not go through that again if it happens again. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙