Pregnant after IF

1st trimester check-in w/o nov. 12th

How far along are you/ EDD?

How are you feeling/any symptoms?

Any upcoming appointments?

Any thoughts/questions/concerns?

What your best method for getting relaxed?

(I only tagged people that checked in last week, feel free to add more!)
@autumnlvs 6/29
@Bababatty 6/22
@northbeach3 6/5
@blackhottamales 7/18

Re: 1st trimester check-in w/o nov. 12th

• How far along are you/ EDD? 10w2d, 9th June. 

How are you feeling/any symptoms? I’m sooooo tired. I’ve also had terrible bloating and gas this past few days. I just feel damn uncomfortable. I think it’s the progesterone I’m still on. Anyone else have this problem? I’m stopping at 12 weeks, so not long to go now, but I think it’s also making me feel a little low and depressed. On the bloating and gas, I think I’m not drinking enough water 😔, so I’ve stepped that up. Weirdly, I just don’t feel like it. Odd. I’m fretting a little bit. It’s been two weeks since we graduated our RE and I just feel weird not having had a scan in a while. Booked in for the 12 week one in just under two weeks, so am keeping myself nice til then. 

None until the 12 week scan and NIPT blood draw on the 26th. 

Just my hatred of the progesterone. Is anyone else hating it? Feeling low and sluggish and bloaty? Ugh. 

At the moment, I am reading a bunch of Scandinavian crime novels and going to bed ridiculously early. Seems to be working. But I’m kind of just breaking even on sleep with all the fatiiiiiigue. 

@Bababatty, good luck for your final appointment with your RE. It’s an exciting and slightly scary step!
  • Loading the player...
  • @hildy11
    I don't remember having gas issues or bloating with the progesterone, but your GI track does slow down a bit so maybe that's contributing? I would check with your OB or RE but probiotics might help! 

Have you thought about getting a doppler for reassurance? I got mine around 12 weeks and it kept me sane until I could feel regular movements.

Progesterone can make you moody so it might be that plus all of the stress. I got horrible hot flashes on progesterone too >.< 

What kind of books do you like? I bet I could recommend a few :-)  Right now I'm into historical novels or thrillers!

@Bababatty
    Graduating the RE is such a big milestone! Good luck for Wednesday :smile:

And yes, TIRED. All the time during the 1st tri. I was lucky a bit -- I work from home and with the orders of light activity from my RE due to minor spotting, I was mostly just vegging on the couch the entire time and napping whenever I felt like it.  I was going to bed at 7:30 or 8 pm more often than not >.> Grabbed a good book, snuggled under the covers and read until I dozed off. Aaah, those days....so nice.

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @hildy11 Ah the gas, I get it frequently in the evenings. Annoying because I’ll be starving but have lost my appetite because it’s hard to eat when you’re gassy and bloated. I think I read that it is related to progesterone but just generally (like it’s fairly common in any pregnancy). I hope it gets better for you! I have no suggestions on how to relieve it other than pouting on the couch, which is what I do. ;)

@mbradfo2 I’d love some of your book recommendations!
  • How far along are you/ EDD? 7w3d / 6/29

How are you feeling/any symptoms? so so tired. i could nap all day long and then sleep all night too! intermittent nausea but nothing that stops me from eating :lol:
    @hildy11 a good probiotic and daily green smoothie help a lot - I definitely notice it the next morning when I haven't been good about my diet

Any upcoming appointments? RE graduation this Friday and then off to find an OB

Any thoughts/questions/concerns? would love book recommendations, too, please @mbradfo2 @Bababatty

What your best method for getting relaxed? love to read with a hot cup of herbal tea - currently curled up with Becoming Michelle Obama - got to see her this morning live at GMA  <3 I just finished the newest Liane Moriarty book and can't seem to get away from all these themes of IF. Been trying to get out of the house to see friends before the weather gets too cold but time is slipping away
  • Hey ladies! sorry I missed last week's check in. 

How far along are you/ EDD? 8w3d

How are you feeling/any symptoms?
    I feel awful! I'm basically nauseous all day every day even at night when I sleep. my mom was allergic to the proteins in the amniotic fluid from a girl when she was pregnant with me and I'm wondering if I have the same thing. If this had been my first pregnancy I don't think I would be having a 2nd. I've lost 4 pounds since Friday just b/c I haven't been able to eat hardly anything. Plus I have a terrible sore throat and cold... clearly I am having a pity party about this. lol

I have my first OB appt tomorrow where I will be asking for some nausea meds! I'm not sure if they are going to do an ultrasound or if it's just bloodwork. Last time, they didn't like to do too many ultrasounds and since I had already had 2 with the RE they didn't want to repeat. I may ask for one just b/c of the bleeding scare to make sure everything still looks good. 

I had a bleeding scare 2 weeks ago. the on call nurse said I shouldn't worry b/c I wasn't filling a pad every hour but I still have all of these worries in the back of my head. I suppose the constant nausea is a good sign that baby is still kickin in there though. 

If I wasn't pregnant, I'd sit in the hot tub or take a nice bath. lol. Lately, all I want to do is lay down on the couch. I do have a cross stitch project that I'm working on that is pretty relaxing. 

autumnlvs - I need to start taking a probiotic again. I think that would definitely help with the gassy feeling
    @Bababatty - i have heard the same thing about acupuncture working for morning sickness.
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • bpietronicco - I love Hallmark Christmas movies! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • northbeach3northbeach3 member
    edited November 2018
    Hi everyone, so glad to see the board picking up steam! welcome @CatWaffles! hope to be joining you soon in 2nd tri, @bpietronicco !

How far along are you/ EDD?  11w, June 5th

How are you feeling/any symptoms? still mild, but persistent nausea... feel like i have a pit/stone hanging out in my stomach that makes most things sound unappetizing, but need to eat otherwise nausea gets worse.  low back pain has started as well

Any upcoming appointments?  had "first OB" appointment today, but it was a faker appt with an NP. only did bloodwork and made referrals to high-risk scan center and full MD OB. was thankful to have gone to an RE b/c the NP didn't provide any information or recommendations. kept having to ask what to expect with people she was referring. next OB appointment with MD is Friday, Nov 30th (13+2) -- still don't expect a scan b/c it didn't look like they had any u/s equipment in the patient rooms... and she was going to send me to ANOTHER location for my scans before upgrading me to high risk center. ugh... it'll almost be 5 weeks since my 9w scan. (pained face)

rant!  really wish my RE could have made a direct referral to high risk docs... there was a snafu with my OB office not receiving my medical records from RE and then threatening cancelling my appointment. was able to get high risk referral granted same-day, so when i called to make appointment for first trimester scan, the woman told me they passed me on kind of late and all the appointments were taken! she was able to get me in on one of the last days for the first trimester scan -- on Monday, December 3rd (13+5). 

Any thoughts/questions/concerns?  still curious what to expect at high risk scan. they said i'd be meeting with a genetic counselor then scan afterwards. i assume that's when they do the NT test? what should i have prepared for the genetic counseling meeting? will i need to know what screening i want to do? should DH be there?

i've been managing anxiety b/c i assumed i'd have a scan sooner than 13+5, but now that seems like an eternity.  i'm worried about getting a doppler b/c i think it could freak me out even more if i'm not able to find HB... did i hear that there are places you can go to pay OOP for a scan? would they at least check HR at OB if they aren't going to do a scan?

What your best method for getting relaxed? binge watching netflix/hulu. loving Superstore on NBC. just binged Sharp Objects on HBO and almost done with House of Cards on netflix. i'm a also political news junkie, so i also like scrolling news feeds/twitter to see the latest... i fall asleep to political podcasts. :)  <--- big nerd
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• @northbeach3 I’d bring H to the genetic counseling meeting.  They may only have a few questions for him but they might have some regarding family history.
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @northbeach3
    There are usually "vanity" ultrasound locations which do scans (for momentos like dvds or 3d photos). You can probably google some in your area. Did the NP at least do a doppler?? My OB always did doppler or scan at appointment and you're far enough along that I would have expected them to at least want to have their own dating scan done. Also, at my OB, they had a separate room for their single u/s rather than having the equipment in exam rooms. The tech would do the scan in the u/s room and then we'd go to exam room for the report.

Books I've enjoyed this year --

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - follows a French girl in occupied France in WW2 and a German boy whose stories eventually intersect. Really beautiful writing and full of great imagery.
    When Christ and His Saints Slept by Sharon Kay Penman -- the first in a series of books about the Plantagents, a family who ruled England and parts of France in the early medieval period. It's a dense read but really draws you in as you get further in the story.
    Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel -- I LOVE this book...it follows Thomas Cromwell, secretary and advisor to King Henry the 8th of many wives. I'm not sure what it is about the book, but it really brings the characters alive...they feel like real people rather than just historical characters. A bit dense as well. I'm awaiting the release of the 3rd book in the series.
    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak -- another WW2 story but this one follows an adopted girl in Germany and is narrated by Death himself. 
    Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Stolarz -- about a group of essay contest winners who go to visit their favorite (horror) writer and are forced to face their biggest fears. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• Griffin5413Griffin5413 member
    edited November 2018
    @northbeach3 - husband will want to be there for the NT scan b/c it's a longer one where you get to see  a lot. Yes it's where they measure between the neck and the spine to look for abnormalities but you also get a good long look at that little bean! I'm surprised your OB didn't do their own scan to measure size. With my son, they didn't do the initial b/c I had been seeing the RE and I'm sure they figure they have been keeping a close watch but I would think they would have at least used the doppler to listen to heartbeat?  That all sounds really frustrating. i'm sorry you are having to deal with all of that. I feel like we go through so much to get pregnant and then when our OB isn't that great, it takes away some of that joy of finally being pregnant!

AFM- 1st OB appt went really well yesterday. Everything looks good. Little girl is measuring right at 8.5 weeks and has 158 heart beat. It made me feel so much better after my bleeding scare to see that. She also prescribed nausea meds which I absolutely plan on taking as soon as it's filled! I am no hero. lol...
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 LOL to “I’m no hero”!! I might use that tomorrow at my first OB appointment. We’re investigating this one because supposedly she’s good with natural birth methods, which I want in theory, but I have a suspicion I’ll be calling for the epidural ASAP. 

@northbeach3 OMG What a frustrating experience!! I hope the high risk clinic ends up being much better!

@bpietronicco I also love Hallmark movies!

Thanks for the book recommendations @mbradfo2!

@blackhottamales I’m sorry that your parents are making comments. I think so many people don’t understand that most people wouldn’t willingly choose IVF, for so many reasons. And in the end, they’re getting a grandchild so they shouldn’t even care how baby was conceived. Frankly, I like that with IVF no one has to think about DH and I having sex, which is super awkward when you think about it, haha. I’m also sorry about your bad acupuncture experience! I got really lucky to land with a woman I liked, but she was recommended by another acupuncturist who was going on sabbatical (and to whom I’d be referred by people who’d done it for If). So there were a lot of referrals, haha. I know other people that have had really bad experiences at other places.

@autumnlvs You were AT the GMA filming?? How cool! I watched the interview on TV. Maybe I saw you! ;-)

@CatWaffles Glad everything is looking good!
  • Thanks ladies for the sympathy. Haha

no, the np didn’t even do Doppler. :/  the reason why I think they don’t do scans in house is bc she was giving me a sheet to go to another clinic on the west side and then changed her mind when she realized I was high risk. Fortunately the high risk place is right next door, but they are independent of my practice. 

Im trying to tell myself it’s not that far away. With thanksgiving next week, I knew it was unrealistic to be next week. Ob will be the following Friday so I’ll def ask if he can do Doppler. And then scan will be following Monday. Trying to tell myself that there’s no reason anything would have changed. Still feeling nauseous and tired so presume things are moving forward. Just so glad the holidays are coming bc they help with distractions. :) 
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• @northbeach3 They didn't do the doppler with me at 11 weeks either, just a quick ultrasound for their records. You'll probably get one the next time around. It wasn't til my 2nd OB appt that she did one. I have a doppler at home and that early it was a task to try to find the baby's HB. Enjoy the holidays! I'm sure everything is all good.  We just have crazy IF brains :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• My friend is trying to convince me to get a Doppler and that was my concern. I joked that she’d have to keep it at her house otherwise I’d like drive myself crazy. 

• @northbeach3 It's fun when you get the hang of it! If you get one, look for YouTube videos. I found some helpful with good tips on find the HB early :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @northbeach3
    I have very mild OCD normally and am prone to "checking" things and health anxiety so my doctors were hesitant to encourage the doppler. In the end, I found it to be very reassuring even though I did sometimes "check" more than I probably needed to. You have to figure out what will help you get through the times between appts, especially before you feel regular movement, and the doppler kept me mostly sane. Especially once you get into the 2nd tri before you feel movement -- you sometimes don't even feel pregnant since most of the morning sickness and stuff is gone, and baby isn't big enough yet to cause discomfort. 

Pregnancy after IF is not a walk in the park, that's for sure. I wish I could have just been a glowy pregnant lady rather than a mildly crazy one :smile:

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2