July 2019 Moms

Baby names

Has anyone already started thinking baby names

Re: Baby names

• We have! Lol we have been for weeks though, before we even knew we were pregnant! 
  • I have a boy name! But definitely not sure if it’s a girl. We already have DD, so I got my girl name... 
  • Loading the player...
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited November 2018
    We haven't started talking names this go around yet. 

**TW** 
    We started last time before my loss and will probably pick up where we left off. 
    **End TW**

So far we have Joseph Lafayette for a boy and Astrid Pearl or Sibyl Lucille for a girl. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • TW

I had names I LOVED for our 2 losses but I don't want to reuse any of them. DD's name list was only for her and even though we never named our losses I had names I was calling them so I kind of feel like they belong to them. So we'll be starting from scratch. 

End TW

I'm pretty sure regardless of whether it's a girl or boy we have a specific family member we want to name this one after. So I think the first name is set. Just middle names that are still up in the air:)
  • @nopegoat I love your name list!
  • Panaceia said:
    @nopegoat I love your name list!
    Thank you! Joseph Lafayette and Sybil are family names. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Reposting from the other thread.

Lorelai Aubree is our front runner for a girl. Middle name not set.

Chandler Alton is my favorite that we are tossing around if we have another boy. Lawson is also a contender.
  • We’ve picked Théoden Elessar for a boy and are thinking either Elessar Kay or Nienna Kay for a girl.
  • @nopegoat I adore Lafayette! 
    @hellmanpartyof5 I love your nerd names. Yay for nerd kids!

We have a first name picked out if it's a girl, but no middle name yet. Her first name will be Nazreen, which means wild rose in Farsi. Reena for a short.

If it's a boy, we're screwed as M's name was the only one we could agree on in the last round.
  • I’ve been thinking names for the last year we’ve been trying but now DH is giving me input. He loves the name Adelaide for a girl, and I really like it too especially the nickname addie but I’m not sold. It’s the only name he likes so it’s been challenging discussing it with him because he doesn’t even remotely like anything else. 

I really like Lucy for a girl, and I’m also liking Theodore or Olivier for a boy. 
  • hoodevil0611hoodevil0611 member
    edited November 2018
    Vaguely.  All of my favorites, particularly for girls, have gotten so popular!  A couple I've had on my mind for the past couple of days have been:

For a boy, Jefferson Brian (for both of our dads).  I also like Wells, which is my mother's maiden name, but MH has rejected it.
    For a girl, Harper

But we won't start thinking for real until we find out sex.
  • I think right now, we are leaning towards Olivette James for a girl....both are family names. Or Ollivander James for a boy. 
  • We already have a Lorelai Mabel and an Everett Milo.

Some of our favorites right now are...
    Boy:
    Archie
    Gus
    Wyatt

Girl:
    Winnie
    Hazel
    Scarlett
    June
  • @alovelybean I have an Everett too. :) 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • For a boy we have Solomon Alexander.  For a girl we have Anne (Annie) Shalhevet.
  • mizzmegmizzmeg member
    edited November 2018
    Boy is Theodore (Teddy) James and girl Lilliana (Lily) Luna. Both are subtle nods to the Harry Potter franchise because that is what brought DH and I together. We have an Emmalyn Christine, Mackenzie Nicole, and Connor James. 
  • We’ve had our names narrowed down for at least a year now. For a boy, either Miles or Carsten(SO wants to spell it Carston, I’m not sold) and for a girl we have Isabella(Bella) or Reia. Leaning towards Reia!    We are debating middles names yet.  We’ll cross that bridge sooner or later! 
  • My first son is Ethan (DH named him) and I named our second son Ozzy. I'm totally struggling with more boy names so hopefully this one is a girl 🙈

Piper
    Winnie
    Swayze
    Blaire

• Been looking at boy names I'm hoping DH will consider if we end up with another:

Eirik - DH is part Norwegian, and I like this as an alternative to Eric.
    Everest
    Flynn
    Wesley - Too nerdy? I love the reference both to Princess Bride & Star Trek

Persian middle name possibilities include Jahan and Daryoosh/Darius. 
  • @foodislove No such thing as too nerdy.  My DD is named Leia.
  • @ketomommy I LOVE the name Leia! It's on my list if I can convince SO to consider other possibilities:) It's the one name I think he might go for!
  • @Panaceia We came up with it during a serious debate.  I wanted our daughter to have a Hebrew first name.  If we spelled it Leah, everyone would use the English pronunciation.  My husband didn't want a "weird" spelling.  So I said, "What if we spelled it like Princess Leia?" and he agreed.
  • @a_hangli47 I loooooooove Reia!!!

@kimmy_ash02 Piper is an adorable name!

@foodislove No such thing as too nerdy! :smile:

• @ketomommy DD has a Leja in her class. I'm a teacher and I've taught a Leah (English pronunciation) but never a Leia. I love love love the name:)
  • We're having fun using the Baby Name app where you swipe right and left on names (like a dating app for Baby Names). It notifies you when you both swipe right on a name so now we have a bigger list. He actually likes Cordelia, which is one of my favorite names ever, so I'm pretty excited. 

Our girl favorites are now:
    Adelaide
    Cordelia

Waiting to agree on boys names now lol
  • @spc2585 what is that app called?! That’s genius! Haha
  • @bartonolivia BabyName. The icon is an egg on a yellow background. It's compatible with both iPhone and Android!
  • There is another one called Kinder, that’s what we are using.
  • bailey84bailey84 member
    edited November 2018
    If it's a girl Gemini Rose, if it's a boy Mason Eugene 
  • My husband loves the name Theodore for a boy, I'd be happy with just Theo. I'm really a fan of short names that really can't be nicknamed to something else. My husband likes old fashioned named. It's going to be so hard!! If it's a girl, I get to name her : )
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Girl, we almost had them picked out before we even said "I do." 🤣 Okay, not quite, but still.

We were team green and picked out a name for boy or girl the first time around. Josephine Rose or Henry James.

When we were in the delivery room, I frantically took my hubby's hand and asked about alternate names, in case the baby didn't look like a Josephine or a Henry. And we agreed upon them right there. Franklin James and Lillian Pearl.

Josephine Rose it was, so we picked out Margaret as an alternate this go around. He's fighting for Ann as a middle name, but I'm not sold on it yet. I want Priscilla, which is my mother's name. He thinks it's too much of a mouthful because our last name is four syllables. But everyone in both our families has Ann as a middle name. So boring!

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• My husband loves the name Theodore for a boy, I'd be happy with just Theo. I'm really a fan of short names that really can't be nicknamed to something else. My husband likes old fashioned named. It's going to be so hard!! If it's a girl, I get to name her : )
    This is why we did Jack for DS1. Old fashioned and no nickname. Didn’t do any other version that gets shortened to Jack. I LOVE the name. I didn’t know any other Jacks at the time either - now I’ve seen a lot of kids born named Jack. I think it’s because they all saw how cute my Jack was. 😉
    That was my mother in law’s plan with my husband, Kevin. He ended up with the nickname Kevboat in third grade. All of his friends call him Boat still. Ha!