July 2019 Moms

TW Tuesday

What's grinding YOUR gears today?

Re: TW Tuesday

• This Texas weather. Not digging these 30/40 temps with nasty wind after its been gross and rainy for weeks. 

My MIL is also pissing me off today. We have a ton of animals, 4 kids, I'm KU again and starting to feel like poo, and H is super close to a promotion and needs to stay put and available as much as possible until the first of the year. We don't need the guilt trip of not coming for Thanksgiving this year.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Found this morning that DH had put his suit pants from the wedding in the wash. Again. And also through the dryer this time (I caught them the first time before they hit the dryer). After I expressly told him to hang up the damn suit when we got home from the wedding so this wouldn't happen.

They're basically ruined in terms of using them with his suit jacket - the color is off now. He meets with foreign dignitaries and ministers in his work, so we coughed up $$$ to have nice suits for his trips abroad, and he can't be effing bothered to make sure they aren't effing ruined. I'm so pissed. We're going to have to buy and tailor another set of pants to rematch to the suit, and it'll probably be around $500. I haven't told him yet (he's still in the air with his other nice, pricey suit), but this is why we can't have nice things. He puts no effort into making sure they are taken care of.

I'm basically banning him from laundry for all time. Which sucks because that's his primary chore at the house.
  • Loading the player...
  • @foodislove I can commiserate, there have been many a time I've had to ban MH from laundry too. I don't know why so many people have such a hard time reading the care tags! My mother was actually quite guilty of this and once shrunk an expensive pair of my jeans into barbie size, never offering to replace them. 
  • I. Am. So. Over. The. Rain. It is driving me bananas. Monsoon rain in the east and drought and wildfires in the west...and climate change ISN'T real??
  • I'm probably your Hs when it comes to laundry. 🙈🙈🙈 

I seriously despise all things laundry. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @literatureandink yep. Same here. My entire property is one huge muddy puddle. The ducks and geese are the only ones that are happy around here. So miserable .
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙