1st Trimester

I'm 7 weeks today as a first time mom and I am already starting to show ! Is that normal ?

I heard you usually don't show till after 9 weeks . Could I be carrying twins ? I don't see the Dr for a week and a half ,just interested to see if anyone else started showing early with there first. 

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • I'm nearly 10 weeks, pregnant with twins, and I'm not even big enough for maternity pants yet... Granted I'm chubby AF but still. No. What you're seeing is your swelling uterus. Your baby is the size of a Cheerio. You won't know if you're having multiples until you get an ultrasound.
  • When I was pregnant with my first I swore up and down I started to show early. That was until I actually started showing later. Huge difference. Hormones are causing you to bloat right now. Don't worry you'll start showing soon! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • lolasabzlolasabz member
    edited November 2018
    Usually around that time it’s mainly bloating.  The baby is too small at that time.  Some women also show sooner than others. Women with weaker abdominal muscles may show earlier because the abs aren't as tight, allowing the body to stretch more easily. In both of my pregnancies I started showing as early as week 6.  Picture of my big belly at week 7.

• lolasabzlolasabz member
    edited November 2018
    @harpseal135 yes, I’m aware.  Not sure why you’re answering as if I indicated it’s due to the baby’s size.  I was responding to the initial post and mentioned it’s mainly bloating, the baby is too small at this time. Even explained if your abdominal muscles are weak it makes it easier to stretch, and can make you show sooner due to bloating.  I just posted the picture to show how big your belly can actually get from bloating.  My baby right now is only 1cm long. I just have a big bloat belly, that’s what I meant by starting to show, but from bloating.
  • I needed maturity clothes at 10 weeks but it was mostly because of how bloated I was.