April 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 11/12

Another week another random thread
Me: 32 DH: 31
TTC #2 since January 2018
Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

Re: Randoms w/o 11/12

• We had a eventful weekend. Ikea, Trip to Disney World to see Santa. DD was NOT having it lol. Sunday we had our Christmas pictures done, thankful DD was in a GREAT mood! 

• Glad Christmas pics went well @kosmo86!

I'm freaking beat from this weekend. DH, DS and I drove down to see my bff with my SIL/BIL and another one of our friends. Our niece and our friend's daughter were there too, so seven adults, an almost four year old, and two one year olds. It was fun but exhausting. I stayed up WAY too late.

I've been WFH this morning, but my 18w US is in about 40 minutes so I guess I should probably leave the house soon. It's just so cold outside. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @MRDCle - it always feels like I need a extra day to get through the weekend!  

• We went to a chili cook off yesterday. 15 chilis and I couldn’t bring myself to try more than 2.  Didn’t even vote for DH’s chili, voted for our friend.  Terrible wife party of 1.  The worst part was that the bar was packed, super loud (Bears game was on) and I was literally sound asleep on a bench taking up at least 2 seats.  
  • Well we are STILL sick around here. Going on 2 weeks of this nonsense. Taking my son to the doc today, and I’ll decide if I need to go based on that. 
  • @professormama hope the doctor gives you some answers because 2 weeks of being sick and pregnant and a mom is not fun. Feel better!

I feel so drained today but I didn’t think I did too much yesterday. I just cleaned out DDs clothes that don’t fit, cleaned the laundry room, and vacuumed the living room and furniture. I am also super annoyed that I’m missing a box of maternity clothes and it’s my winter shirts and coats. Which I really need now that it’s snowing!  I feel like my SIL has them but won’t actually look for them because she is a b*#%€h
  • Sorry for the mysterious absence, was out of town without my computer and don't have the app! You all sound like me: very tired. Flying on a plane, sitting all day at a conference, different eating schedule, and I started having dizzy spells. I started to snack more, and get up and walk around or stand every 15-30mins. Appetite is finally coming back! But only for junk and comfort foods. Mac n cheese and mashed potatoes all the way.

Bought myself some maternity pants at the thrift store last week for $4 each, it was a steal! Two don't fit as well and are baggy, but super comfy. One has a belly band, the other just has thick elastic and swoops down. The third one looks like a pair of really nice jeans but has two elastic sections at the front pockets and it swoops down in the front for the belly. Can't believe I'm already ready for maternity clothes at 4 months as a FTM.

Missed hearing the stories from everyone here!

@professormama Hope you and your family get better soon, or the doctor has some answers.

@MRDCle You're braver than me, folks kept wanting me to stay out late and come to bars, but I said no way!

@blueberrymomma I feel like you should just show up at your SILs and search for them yourself. You need them!
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • @professormama yeah, we’re at the Doc this morning too. DD woke us up at 3 am to cough for 30+ min and isn’t breathing regularly in her sleep so...

meanwhile my lips are so chapped my lips look like I’m using a burgandy lip stain. 
  • @sheepshepherdess Great work on those mat pants!  Embrace it you will feel so much better!

@lyse01 and @professormama I hope all goes well at the doc for you and your littles!  Hopefully it clears quickly.

AFM today is a stat because Remembrance Day was yesterday but I'm working today so I can use a day in lieu at Xmas when the dayhome is closed.  H is at home with the girls today but yesterday he had a total freakout when one was crying (she was tired and frustrated) and he doesn't seem to understand that 3 1/2 year olds still cry and have temper tantrums.  I was trying to console her because at a certain point she was just upset about being upset it wasn't even about the original problem.  He threw something across the house and I was so mad at him for exploding in that moment.  I know we've all been there but I hate seeing him do that sort of thing.  I'm hoping they have a low key day today even if that means they just sit and watch TV all day.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Pregnancy brain in full force: Brought 2 different shoes to the gym today. At least they made a pair and I didn't bring two lefts!

@sheepshepherdess- Great find! Right now I am just on the belly band with my bands unbuttoned but I will need my maternity pants soon. My maternity pants fit a little too big now. I really hate this in between stage

• @mermaidca thanks - we’re testing for RSV. Fx it’s not!

Fingers also crossed for a calm (work-productive) day for your family to soothe all the frayed nerves from yesterday!
  • I went to turn my heater on last night and literally 30 seconds afterwards the smoke alarm starts going off. I put in a maintenance request but was absolutely freezing when i got out of the shower this morning. Because of the fires and the smoke the temp has dropped almost 20 degrees here! And I still haven't dug out my winter maternity shirts either. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • @lyse01 oh man. I really hope it’s norhing major. I’ve got my fingers crossed for y’all. 

@mermaidca that sucks. We do all lose our patience sometimes. But I hate watching it happen. Remind your husband that worst case, he can give himself a “time out.” Seriously. Sometimes when my toddler is having a meltdown and I can feel myself losing it too, I just say “mommy needs a time out,” and I lock myself in my bedroom. He might be standing outside banging on the door. But two minutes alone can go a long way toward getting your temper under control and it’s worth it if you can come back out more ready to be patient. 

We had our doc appt. My son (and our whole family) seems to just have the worlds most persistent cold. There were 2 funny little spots on his hand that COULD have been hand foot and mouth, but that would be unrelated to the congestion and coughing we’ve been having, and he’s not running a fever. Doc said we’d just have to wait it out and see, and that they could just as easily be bug bites. Since he’s not running a fever and doesn’t have any mouth sores he wouldn’t be contagious right now even if he did have it. So I said f* it and sent him to school. He was begging to go, and I’m swamped with work. Worlds worst mom? Possibly. But I don’t care. I’m still sick myself. And my husband just left town for a week long work trip. 
    Im calling a maid service to come this week too. I’ll take all the help I can get. 
  • @mermaidca my DH was super cranky all weekend and short tempered with the kids. I let him have it and he took a couple hours to himself to run some errands. Afterwards he apologized and made up for it by cleaning the kitchen and other chores 

@sheepshepherdess if only I had the balls to do that lol

@kosmo86 I’m still at that in between stage with my pants too and its miserable. My MIL told be I didn’t even look pregnant and actually said “are you sure you are?” I’m sure she was joking but it came off as very rude and insensitive. 
  • Bought my first maternity clothes this weekend. Modeled them for my husband and he told me I look “hella pregnant.”  Thanks dear
  • @professormama not contagious = school, especially when you need it to be. Good luck to you guys too.

@fuzzywombat “hella pregnant” > “hella blob” :)
  • @mermaidca and @blueberrymomma there must be something going around. DH was a dick last night, mainly to DS. Sorry our toddler has napped under an hour total for the entire weekend and is having trouble sitting down and focusing on dinner. Ugh. We were all just tired and overstimulated from our mini-road trip so I just kept the two apart.  He was pretty contrite after bedtime and again this morning so I'll let it slide.
  • Thanks for the support ladies.  He's already sent videos of him and the girls wrestling and being silly.  He's usually good about stepping away from a situation but last night I guess he just didn't do it in time.  It doesn't help that I've been doing most of the housework and I'm pissy about that too, so hopefully this quiet day at work will let me clear my head and clean the slate. 

@professormama good for you for taking help and sending the kid to school!  No shame. 
  • I’ve been in denial for 3 days about being sick, but I’m feeling like it’s time to accept defeat. The good thing is that I only work for 2 1/2 more hours.
  • Someone totally just cut me in line at school pick up! Like WTF?! Now I’m parked behind her glaring thru my windshield. 
  • Someone totally just cut me in line at school pick up! Like WTF?! Now I’m parked behind her glaring thru my windshield. 
    That's ballsy. Like at least if you cut someone off driving you can get away. 
  • I’m really, really not a fan of the new hire at my job. 
    So I work in the nutrition/body care/supplements/etc department of a major retailer. I absolutely love and enjoy every single aspect of my job. It allows me to be self sufficient, make my own decisions and display some of my creativity, too. Apparently, this department is not “serious” enough for this woman, and she has the damn nerve to ROLL HER EYES when I started tying bows around stuffed animals on display for Christmas. 
    Newsflash: we are working in glorified retail. Yeah, we work here because we have product knowledge, but sometimes our job tasks are simple and a little silly. I thought that was the fun part?? Our hourly is the best in the area. How are you going to get hired in such a competitive place and walk in and start complaining? I’m so disgusted. And I don’t even want to get started on how she talks to the customers. UGH!!! 
  • @professormama your hubby get husband of the week award! I can’t recall that last time DH made dinner for me.....maybe when we were dating lol. 
  • @professormama your hubby get husband of the week award! I can’t recall that last time DH made dinner for me.....maybe when we were dating lol. 
    Lol. My husband does ALL the cooking in our house. I’m not the best in the kitchen, and I really don’t enjoy it. He’s way better at cooking and he actually does enjoy it. So he’s in charge of making food and I’m in charge of doing dishes. Works out way better that way. When I cook everything ends up burned. Except toast, which I manage to under-do almost every day? I do have one special skill- I’m great at homemade pizza. But honestly... he’s better at that too! 
  • @blueberrymomma, you gotta remedy that!  Home cooked meals taste so much better when we don't have to do the cooking :tongue:.

@professormama, my DH does most of the cooking in the house also, since I work evenings.  It's nice to be able to pull out leftovers for DS the next day!  Only downside is that I do the grocery shopping, so if I don't get something he wants to cook, leftovers are non-existent and I have to fend for myself.

You guys, I'm getting excited for Thanksgiving.  I'm not looking forward to basically doing all of the planning and cooking for my entire 30+ family members, BUT, I get the entire week off of work.  So.  There's that.  :smile:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt I 100% agree food tastes way better when someone else makes. I’ve been blessed this pregnancy that my mom makes 2-3 dinners for us everyweek,(since my dad is living with us while they sell their house and he starts his new job). I’m in the same boat as you for thanksgiving, we’re hosting 25 family members. But everyone brings a dish so I’m only responsible for pie, carrots, turkey and some light appetizers(I’m thinking cheese board)
  • This is the most “Monday” Monday EVER. Such a long list of frustrating things happening today. I have a pan of brownies in the oven and I’m probably going to eat the whole thing. I just don’t care anymore. 
  • honey_sucklehoney_suckle member
    edited November 2018
    @blueberrymomma @professormama @kangstadt We have a deal that DH cooks on the weekends and I cook in the weeks. He can cook good food, he just takes way too long to produce a meal for it to be sustainable during work days. We'd have to have dinner at 9 every night. I really like cooking though, so I don't mind, but I grew up with a father that cooked every day and a mother that barely cooked.

Also Thanksgiving dinners sound cozy! What are your favorite side dishes to make with the turkey?

We don't have any holidays until Christmas, but it's close enough that the decorations are going up now. 
  • Normally I a really productive in the morning but Dunkin gave me regular coffee instead of decaf and now I am all over the place... so this should be fun

• @honey_suckle our Thanksgiving sides are lots of roast and mashed root vegetables - I love adding parsnip to my mashed potatoes for a nutty flavor, and roast Brussels sprouts for green on the table. Also, we often have clams, quahogs, and oysters fresh from Cape Cod on our (appetizer) table, because a) we like them and b) it’s probably historically accurate that Pilgrims had them at their table. I’m thinking of making some sort of succotash or soft corn deliciousness for the Saturday pot luck Thanksgiving for my side of the family, along with a savory baked good - mushroom tart maybe? It’s gotten a lot more flexible in the sides over the past few years than my grandmother’s line up of mashed potato, mashed sweet potato, mashed turnip, creamed pearl onions, and crescent rolls.

MIL is Italian and insists on pasta as a course at any holiday meal so I’m trying to convince her to do butternut squash ravioli with brown butter, rather than anything with a red sauce.
  • @honey_suckle
    This year our sides will be:
    Mashed potatoes - usually a mix of white and sweet
    Farro with apples and toasted pecans
    Brussels sprouts with walnuts and bacon
    Some sort of beet (blech)
    Green bean casserole
    Maybe a salad if anyone steps up to make one

We have butternut squash soup as an appetizer.  
  • We don't really have family near by so we just do Thanksgiving with the 3 of us. Which is HARD bc I really want to do all the fixins but our usual is turkey, sweet potatoes, green beans, rolls, suffing and then dessert! 

• @lyse01 Once again I want join your family because the food sounds sooooo good!

I have been pretty MIA on the board for the last two weeks because Hubs and I are house hunting in one of the hottest markets around and its a full-time second job. I am exhausted and watching absolute garbage row homes go for over a $1 M is pretty depressing. 

We are putting an offer in today but I have zero hope we will get it because my Hubs is being really emotional about it.
    Obviously I don't want us to spend more than we can afford and I want him to be comfortable with what we are spending but I also think he has wildly unrealistic expectations for our housing market and he isn't making decisions based on the numbers, he is basing it on feelings. Sigh, aren't I supposed to be the unreasonable emotional one right now? 
  • Everyone is making me so hungry!!  I might need to have a second Thanksgiving.  Maybe that will be my own new tradition.  October and November Thanksgivings!
  • For Thanksgiving we usually have:
    Mashed Potatoes
    Sweet Potato Casserole
    Deviled Eggs
    Green Bean Casserole
    Dalrymple Salad (a Jello/Marshmallow kind of dessert)
    Rolls
    Dressing
    Pumpkin pie
    Chocolate Pie

I do NOT like H's family's Thanksgiving food. I feel like their food just tastes weird and I have to be super picky. 
  • We should start a Thanksgiving thread....