February 2019 Moms

Weekly Symptoms {11/4-11/10}

13»

Re: Weekly Symptoms {11/4-11/10}

• Also @jgrodo anytime before 28 weeks is still a bit early to do kick counts etc as baby's movement is still sporadic/settling into a routine? And yes def ask where your placenta is! Mine is right at the back of my uterus so if baby is facing in with his bum out and legs kicking inwards, I feel pretty much nothing... except a butt lol. I have to lay on my side or back for him to spin upward and kick outward to be able to feel anything.
  • @jgrodo I thought I was feeling a decrease in movements, until my nurse mentioned drinking a big glass of oj then laying in a dark quiet room for an hour to totally focus on feeling movements. I don't have time for that shit, but when I start dedicating time to waiting for movements while not multi tasking, I realized he's still really active. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Izzfrancisco- agreed.  I find I need to really pay attention sometimes.  And then other times I get an elbow or foot or whatever somewhere unpleasant and I am forced to be aware! 😆

In other news, I have been awake since 4:30 due to some combination of insomnia and a small bladder and ruminating on a recurrent type of fight my SO and I had last night. Good times. 😳
  • @jgrodo I most defnitely feel better about thsi rib pain after hearing from you. 
    I also am in the same boat as you regarding movement, I get the odd pops and bumps and it's definitely kicked off a little bit as I didn't feel ANYTHING AT ALL until about 2 weeks ago. I am slowly getting the kicks and bumps now I saw a huge change just this past week and a bit
  • I think the third trimester unpleasantness has come early for me. After an easy breezy 2nd trimester, in the last five days I've had headaches, a dizzy spell, insatiable hunger (and no room), nausea, fatigue, insomnia and now pubic and back pain. 
  • Between my awful hip and pubic pain as well as DD waking up several times last night, I slept like crap. Not that I sleep great anymore, I’m always up a few times a night to change positions bc of my hip pain but last night was especially bad. 
  • @jgrodo - it’s likely you have an anterior placenta. I had it with my first two and it really limits how much you feel. I’d call and ask if you’re concerned - they should be able to look at your last US report and tell you. 

@changadee - preach on the BH and I’ve had the same thing. I’m thinking this means weeks of prodromal labor again (I had it for 6 weeks with DS and 4 with DD). As long as it means a quick labor, IDGAF. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• finally decide to give the maternity pillow a try and had a great nights sleep. My hip did hurt in the middle of the night and trying to get up to pee was a little bit of a challenge but it was better then waking up on my back breathing really heavy and moving all night long!
  • Braxton hicks continue. Also super super thirsty yesterday which is very unlike me. I chugged water all day but still felt like a desert. 
    My back hurts. Isn't too early for that??? And I hate the tingly hands and feet. Going to the bathroom takes sooo much longer because my feet always go numb and it takes forever to get past the pins and needles. Off work today and tomorrow(finally!) Going to just relax and take it easy.  LO is moving around and it kind if hurts. Rolling and then hitting something. 
  • @hnbergeron - Totally normal for back pain to start at anytime, unfortunately. I've got scoliosis and it actually makes that pain better, but it KILLS the top of my back, which normally doesn't hurt.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• My nipples/areolas have been itchy since June and I’m so over it.
  • @hnbergeron the tingling hands and feet suck way more than they should in the grand scheme of things, eh? I need to prepare myself a good few minutes in advance every time I want to get out of my office chair. 

• I think I have some weird chest cold or I'm really run down - home sick from work again today and I can't stop sleeping. I slept all night, got up for maybe an hour, fell back to sleep around 9am and didn't wake up until 2pm!  I am coughing but it's not THAT bad...I'm thinking maybe I'm also really run down and need to take it easy from here on out.  Commuting to the city is going to kill me.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @danixbanani24 - commuting is fucking killer. I ended up driving today because I couldn't get my ass out of bed and now I have to drive home and I'm dreading it. But it's better than walking a mile to the train in the pouring ass rain while I pray my pelvis holds up.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @kayjay44 It honestly sucks no matter what bus, train, car, boat lol why is it so hard on pregnant women?  I also feel like I can’t breathe like at all - why am I always panting??
  • I am soooo short of breath all the time too and it is totally worse on the train, and if I am standing it is beyond terrible.  😢
  • @sjnsjnsjn - I have to make sure I leave work early just so I do get a seat on the train. Standing for 30+ minutes isn't an option. People are supreme dicks about giving up seats in Seattle.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @kayjay44- Likewise in Chicago
  • Playing a bit of catch up, this week has sucked.  BH.. will i just *know* when I've experienced one?  I haven't felt anything so far I don't believe...

+1 on being incredibly tired today, I actually slept in the spare bed last night because it's firmer than our bed.. I think I had a better sleep, not so sunken in in the belly dept.  I have a headache today though, first one in some time..
  • @cass06_07 as far as BH, being a ftm, I asked my ob. Once she explained it, I knew when I was having them. Mine borderline hurt. It feels like a muscle spasm across the entire lower ab muscles. Not sure if that is quite accurate but that is the best way to explain. 
  • BH feels like extra tightening of my belly and occasionally cramps going down into my legs 
  • @cass06_07 - I actually notice them the most because I get a noticeable oxytocin release from them. I didn’t start really getting them until third tri with my first and noticed them mostly after I peed. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• So I’m pretty sure I have a Bartholin cyst again! FML!! I had one for the first time earlier this year and having it lanced and drained was one of the most painful things I have ever had! I really hope this one isn’t as bad. They said once you get one it is likely to come back and of course it would pick now to show up!!! 
  • Fuck my pubic symphysis and loose joints. It hurts so bad and I still have three months of this shit. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• jgrodojgrodo member
    edited November 2018
    @changadee ahhh that makes sense and def makes me feel better, I'm btw 25-27 so I guess I still have time :)  I'll def ask at my next apt, thanks
  • @bhou I'm glad! Def call doc and check but totally reassuring when someone else has similar symptoms. Oh that's good to know and makes me feel better too :) 

@kayjay44 ihh that makes semse too- I should call and checkbi don't know why I haven't thought of calling to ask
  • @cass06_07 BH for me feels like a tightening of my whole uterus, it feels super firm to touch. When I was smaller I felt it mostly just at the bottom of my uterus/bladder area but now that I'm bigger my whole damn stomach goes tight and firm. I feel it in my chest too now :( takes my breath away. Most importantly though, it's not painful. Just transiently uncomfortable. It goes away if I change positions or just wait a few seconds. I find staying hydrated really makes a difference in how often they happen. If I slip on my water intake I get sooooo crampy.
  • Why did I jinx myself...two full days of little to no nausea, everything staying down. Well last night it all changed. Started with not only indigestion but acid coming up in my mouth at 1am. It all went down from there. Still fighting the acid. Tums are not helping, sitting, not helping. It is like LO has his foot or hand on my stomach and is sending that .crap up. Makes me dry heave or puke. Three months and counting
  • @hnbergeron- Are you taking anything else? I take Pepcid twice a day but I think might up my game to Zantac.
  • @sjnsjnsjn I am already on Zofran for thr nausea. When I went to the er a few weeks ago because of this(got massively dehrdyrated because of the pukes) they gave me pepcid. Did jack crap. Maybe I will try the zantac. Tums was working but not now. Thanks for the tips. Fingers crossed something helps! 
  • K so I’m going to try and explain this the best I can. Sometimes at the end of day my feet and hands get this, blood rushing feeling? Like if you were hanging upside down, that feeling of blood rushing to your head. I get it in my ha ds and feet. No swelling. And its comes and goes. Anyone else?
  • @cali1710 I get that in my face and chest when I lay down at night :( it goes away after a bit. And I get it in my feet and ankles if I've been up and about a lot that day.
  • Guess I was riding that horse again! Every part of my pelvis feels like it's been beaten repeatedly! Ouch!!
  • Yup. I thought I was getting away with not having as bad of pelvic pain this time but no. Got my body pillow to straddle in my sleep tonight though. 
  • Hoping I didnt overlook the new symptom thread. I know @okayestmom12 was doing her cheer thing this weekend. Ive actually had a really great weekend, had to get caught up on school work, and still managed to do a few household chores and try a new soup. Randomly I started feeling like real shit though about twoo hours ago. DD has been battling a cold with some GI upset, so I really hope she hasnt shared with me! Do babies in utero go through growth spurts like infants do? I feel like my uterus actually hurts, or maybe its in my back? Ugh it feels to soon for this bullshit.