Infertility

November 2018 IVF

Re: November 2018 IVF

• Thanks Christen. For the first two cycles I didn’t have Lupron. The last one I did but no where near as long as this time. When all is said and done, I should be on Luton for like 32 days. The side effects started really kicking in last week but a little better now I started stims. I seem to have more follicles this time to start I believe that is the only difference. 
    What about you? Any changes? Where are you now?

• Checking in with you all today. Day 4 of stims today. My first ultrasound from my baseline will be 11/8. Feeling some twinges so I’m hoping something is happening. 

Oddly enough I look forward to the shots because it means I’m that much closer. FX ladies and lots of prayers. 
    TTC 5+ years--> unexplained infertility
    5 IUI Cycles-BFN
    IVF Fresh Transfer 03/2018, Blighted Ovum D&C 4/2018
    FET #1 Scheduled 8/7 ☺️

• Loading the player...
  • I am upset and hurt by a voice mail a nurse left on my phone yesterday being all rude and hateful just cause i called and left message with questions i had and wanted answers to.
  • @drewsdarlin
    No one should ever be judged for having questions, particularly about their medical care. It really doesn't sound like your clinic is a good fit for you, do you have any other options?
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @ChristenMA83 How are you doing? I am on day 7 of stims and had b/w and u/s again this morning. They want me to increase meds starting tonight. Back in Friday for another check. Was a little disappointed with u/s as she only measured 6 follicles, said there may be more there just hard to see. Really hoping that there are some more just tucked away. 

@callingthestork How are you feeling now? 7 is still really good. You only need 1 right? Although I know that it is disheartening right now, try and focus on the positives. Hope you are taking care of yourself. FX for a great report back today. 

@nicole030985 I am sorry that you have had such a rough road this far. I hope that this cycle will be much smoother for you and lead to success. Welcome and good luck!

@wine_mama16 That is a really great number. I am thrilled for you! Can't wait to hear your FET updates. 

@sbjbrn I definitely feel twinges and some cramps. Things are going on in there for sure! I am totally with you on looking forward to the shots. One more day down means one step closer to end goal. 

@drewsdarlin I am very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your clinic. The nurses should be available to answer any questions that we may have while going through this process. I hope that you are able to talk to your doctor when you go back in for your check up. 
  • @callingthestork Sorry your numbers were disappointing, I've been there.  I hope you get a great fertilization report.  How's recovery going for you?

@nicole030985 Today will be stim day 5 for me.  Our only change in protocol was the addition of Omnitrope.  I've never been on Lupron.  It sounds promising that you're starting out with more follicles this round.

@drewsdarlin I'm so sorry you're having this experience with your clinic.  *Hugs* It's discouraging when the medical professionals make this journey harder than it has to be.

@ninat007 I'm doing well, update with today's monitoring appointment below.

AFM: Tonight will be day 5 of stims.  U/S & BW this morning.  Estrogen is at 506 so they are keeping me on the same dosage.  I have 13 total follicles (8+5), with 10 main follicles measuring right around 11-12.  They're having me start the antagonist tomorrow night, which is two days sooner than IVF round #1.  These two cycles are shaping up to be very different, I just hope that results in more frosties.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Hi.  Fertilization report wasn't good.  2 mature eggs, 1 fertilized.   It is just SO frustrating that I have hyperstimulation from growing 18+ follicles, and this is all we have now.  

I planned on doing one more egg grow, because we could afford one more.  Now I am wondering if it's worth it, or if we should put our resources toward building our family another way?  
    I guess given my history, our little one has a 50/50 chance of making it to blastocyst.   And we do have 3 safely in the freezer from our previous 2 cycles.  I was hoping to get 8 blasts from 4 cycles, and end up with 5 kids.  Yikes.  Mh has been so good and supportive, hope he is okay now.

Good luck to all of you!  
  • @mbradfo2 Glad I could provide a little different perspective. I’m learning a lot from everyone’s experiences and applying it as best I can at home. 

@sbjbrn Good luck at your baseline u/s tomorrow

@ah80 Just letting you know we’re still thinking about you.

@callingthestork I’m sorry only one fertilized. Hoping for good things for you guys.

@drewsdarlin that stinks about the nurses voicemail. I can imagine they get tired of the same questions cycle after cycle from different people, but that’s no excuse for being rude. Hope that’s an anomaly 

@ChristenMA83 congrats on optimistic numbers this cycle. Hoping for good things for you 

AFM: we had u/s Monday, counted 30 follicles, about half between 12-17. Estrogen was normal. I’m stuck at work but wife goes in later for another u/s and bloodwork. We should get an retrieval date and if we’re still good on everything or if he’s tweaking our meds moving forward. I’m excited that our numbers aren’t low, but trying to remain realistic and cautious. Fingers crossed as always 
  • mbradfo2 said:
    @drewsdarlin
    No one should ever be judged for having questions, particularly about their medical care. It really doesn't sound like your clinic is a good fit for you, do you have any other options?
    Have to finish the cycle since we are almost to retrieval and transfer and paid all the money already for the IVF stuff. And nope not really. since i don't want to go back to clinic we did IUI's at near us years ago since he didn't do anything about tsh level being higher then it was when i found out i have hashimoto's or didn't check for clotting issue and vitamin d that i found out about from fertility doctor we go to now. 
  • nitnat007 said:
    @ChristenMA83 How are you doing? I am on day 7 of stims and had b/w and u/s again this morning. They want me to increase meds starting tonight. Back in Friday for another check. Was a little disappointed with u/s as she only measured 6 follicles, said there may be more there just hard to see. Really hoping that there are some more just tucked away. 

@callingthestork How are you feeling now? 7 is still really good. You only need 1 right? Although I know that it is disheartening right now, try and focus on the positives. Hope you are taking care of yourself. FX for a great report back today. 

@nicole030985 I am sorry that you have had such a rough road this far. I hope that this cycle will be much smoother for you and lead to success. Welcome and good luck!

@wine_mama16 That is a really great number. I am thrilled for you! Can't wait to hear your FET updates. 

@sbjbrn I definitely feel twinges and some cramps. Things are going on in there for sure! I am totally with you on looking forward to the shots. One more day down means one step closer to end goal. 

@drewsdarlin I am very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your clinic. The nurses should be available to answer any questions that we may have while going through this process. I hope that you are able to talk to your doctor when you go back in for your check up. 
    nitnat007 said:
    @ChristenMA83 How are you doing? I am on day 7 of stims and had b/w and u/s again this morning. They want me to increase meds starting tonight. Back in Friday for another check. Was a little disappointed with u/s as she only measured 6 follicles, said there may be more there just hard to see. Really hoping that there are some more just tucked away. 

Thank you. And you always have to leave voice mail with questions. if they answered phone or had a patient portal to put the info. and i haven't seen doctor we are patients of since starting cycle. i have seen two other doctors in practice that i never met till day of appts.
  • @callingthestork Sorry your numbers were disappointing, I've been there.  I hope you get a great fertilization report.  How's recovery going for you?

@nicole030985 Today will be stim day 5 for me.  Our only change in protocol was the addition of Omnitrope.  I've never been on Lupron.  It sounds promising that you're starting out with more follicles this round.

@drewsdarlin I'm so sorry you're having this experience with your clinic.  *Hugs* It's discouraging when the medical professionals make this journey harder than it has to be.

@ninat007 I'm doing well, update with today's monitoring appointment below.

AFM: Tonight will be day 5 of stims.  U/S & BW this morning.  Estrogen is at 506 so they are keeping me on the same dosage.  I have 13 total follicles (8+5), with 10 main follicles measuring right around 11-12.  They're having me start the antagonist tomorrow night, which is two days sooner than IVF round #1.  These two cycles are shaping up to be very different, I just hope that results in more frosties.
    Thank you. And this nurse has been through IVF before so she should understand better. Good luck. Tonight will be night  7 of stims for me. U/s and b/w tomorrow again. 
  • Tuasdad said:
    @mbradfo2 Glad I could provide a little different perspective. I’m learning a lot from everyone’s experiences and applying it as best I can at home. 

@sbjbrn Good luck at your baseline u/s tomorrow

@ah80 Just letting you know we’re still thinking about you.

@callingthestork I’m sorry only one fertilized. Hoping for good things for you guys.

@drewsdarlin that stinks about the nurses voicemail. I can imagine they get tired of the same questions cycle after cycle from different people, but that’s no excuse for being rude. Hope that’s an anomaly 

@ChristenMA83 congrats on optimistic numbers this cycle. Hoping for good things for you 

AFM: we had u/s Monday, counted 30 follicles, about half between 12-17. Estrogen was normal. I’m stuck at work but wife goes in later for another u/s and bloodwork. We should get an retrieval date and if we’re still good on everything or if he’s tweaking our meds moving forward. I’m excited that our numbers aren’t low, but trying to remain realistic and cautious. Fingers crossed as always 
    Thanks. They shouldn't be rude to people wanting to know things about cyst and follicles and lining and blood work from their appts. when they are paying the clinic all this money and first time going through IVF. 
  • Drew- I would be complaining to someone higher up about that message. That is unprofessional and unacceptable. It’s bad enough that we are going through this and that is their job to answer questions and help with the process. I would be pissed! It is really nice to have these boards for support. They have helped me tremendously throughout this entire process. Don’t hesitate to ask us any of your questions because we all have different experiences and some of us are on multiple attempts. But don’t let that lady upset you. 

Christen- you sound right in track for being on day 5. I usually don’t see any follicles over 12 until day 7 or 8.  Maybe you will be triggering a little sooner? E2 sounds good also. 

Stork- It is very disappointing when you don’t get the numbers you were expecting, especially after putting your body through all of this. Out of my three failed IVFs, I have none that ever made it to freeze or even a full blast. You are very lucky to have 3 in the freezer and I really hope they turn into your babies! Maybe they will split and you will get your five kids! Fx for your embie making it to blast. 

Tuasdad- Sounds like she is almost there! Good luck at your next appointment! 

• Drew- I would be complaining to someone higher up about that message. That is unprofessional and unacceptable. It’s bad enough that we are going through this and that is their job to answer questions and help with the process. I would be pissed! It is really nice to have these boards for support. They have helped me tremendously throughout this entire process. Don’t hesitate to ask us any of your questions because we all have different experiences and some of us are on multiple attempts. But don’t let that lady upset you. 

Christen- you sound right in track for being on day 5. I usually don’t see any follicles over 12 until day 7 or 8.  Maybe you will be triggering a little sooner? E2 sounds good also. 

Stork- It is very disappointing when you don’t get the numbers you were expecting, especially after putting your body through all of this. Out of my three failed IVFs, I have none that ever made it to freeze or even a full blast. You are very lucky to have 3 in the freezer and I really hope they turn into your babies! Maybe they will split and you will get your five kids! Fx for your embie making it to blast. 

Tuasdad- Sounds like she is almost there! Good luck at your next appointment! 

Thank you. What should E2 and LH levels be after 4 nights of stims and how many follicles did you all see after 4 nights of stims?
  • Today’s appointment went well. Still cautiously optimistic but numbers are positive. We’re scheduled for retrieval Friday morning. They counted 35 eggs, with 26 being 17-22. He mentioned overstimulation as a concern. We’re doing our trigger shot tonight. FX 
  • Drew- On day 4 my e2 wasn’t very high yet maybe around 200-300 last cycle. Anything under 10 mm my Doctor didn’t measure so I didn’t have any measurable follicles at day 4. I didn’t start seeing any measurable ones until day 7or 8. By then, they start growing really fast and e2 levels climb very quickly. My LH was around 2.2.  
    Tuasdad-  wow that is a lot of follicles! Good luck! 
  • ChristenMA83ChristenMA83 member
    edited November 2018
    @drewsdarlin My E2 after 2 nights of stims was 125, After 4 nights it was 506, with 13 total follicles, 10 measuring at 10-13.  But this is a totally different experience than round 1 where I had more follicles but smaller size at that point.
    @Tuasdad Good luck at retrieval tomorrow.  It sounds like you have a lot of follicles to work with.  Fingers crossed over stim isn't an issue.
    @nicole030985 I'm a little concerned about the potential for an early trigger because our clinic works in batches and has all retrievals schedule for the 14th-16th.  If I needed to trigger before then I'm not sure how it would work out....but I'm sure they have contingencies for those situations.  Hopefully it works out and I'm just an early Wednesday retrieval.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Hi, thanks for the support and perspective.   You all are a blessing. 

@nicole030985, Better luck this time!  You have to catch a break already.

@Tuasdad, good luck at retrieval!  My doc put me on Letrozole and Cabergoline pills the night of retrieval for hyperstimulation, and I understand the second one allows for fresh transfers sometimes.  

My tummy is pretty sore.  Today I'm going to walk a lot and see if that helps--two days of napping and watching movies is enough!
  • @ChristenMA83 Those are great numbers from your scan yesterday. FX that the fact that your cycles are so different is a really good thing!

@callingthestork Sorry to hear that you are frustrated, but we are all rooting so hard for that one little embaby. Hope that you feel better after getting out for a walk today. Sending you hugs  <3

@Tuasdad Wow that is a fantastic count! YW must be thrilled with that. Sending you all the luck for the retrieval tomorrow. From what I hear about OHSS, salty foods and lots of Gatorade or coconut water. GL

AFM we were instructed to increase meds last night. So now we are on 375 Gonal-F and 150 Menopur. My estrogen was a little low for where they wanted it to be, and frankly so was my count imo. I trying to stay really hopeful that there were some follicles that were just hiding out and the nurse was unable to see at this point and they will start to grow now and come into view in the next couple days. Scan and blood work again tomorrow. 
  • Hi all - I started out early on this board but haven't been active in a couple of weeks.  I had my retrieval yesterday with 13 eggs retrieved.  I'm happy with that outcome (which coincidentally is the exact same as our round 1) and happier to be done with that step.  We are doing an all-frozen cycle so am just waiting on news about fertilization and then how many develop to Day 5/6, then moving into the waiting phase.

@ah80 I know you are feeling so much grief, and I am so sorry.  You have all the support from this group and I hope you have people directly around you supporting you as well.

@nicole030985 Best wishes for this round.  Having just finished round 2 this year and being so sick of the demands on time, finances, and emotions I admire your perseverance in going into your 4th.

@wine_mama16 I go to a support group and the leader always uses the phrase "hurry up and wait" to describe the process of infertility treatments.  I am totally with you, I always feel better once there is a timeline and next steps in place, and have the hardest time getting through the unknown waiting periods.  I feel stalled out on living life and that's when the negative emotions can get the better of me.  Thinking of you for your FET. 
  • ER is Monday. 
  • wine_mama16wine_mama16 member
    edited November 2018
    @erwahler That's a great number and hopefully you get good news on fertilized! hurry up and wait is a perfect sentiment when it comes to this entire process. Everything is go go go and supposed to be perfectly timed then you just have to wait. So frustrating! I am hoping to get an update on my timeline tomorrow since I started my cycle day 1 today (very heavy).Keep us updated!

@nitnat007 I'm hoping that there's some hidden follicles and you get some good news at your scans. When is your RE scheduled for? How are you feeling?

@callingthestork I'm so sorry that your ER didn't yield the results you were hoping for, but all you need is one right? I was at risk for hyper stimulation and it is a little crazy how many eggs just don't fertilize or progress. We go through this whole process and put our bodies through so much, I can definitely understand how you feel. I commend you for going back to work already. I was completely laid up for 4 days. Like moving at all was so painful. I hope your feeling better!

@Tuasdad Good luck tomorrow! those numbers sound great!

@ChristenMA83 I find it so interesting that your two cycles are so different. Maybe that's a good thing right? How are you feeling? Is your ER scheduled on Wednesday for sure?

I'm trying to go through all these comments and getting a little lost. I just wanted to check in on everyone and see how they are doing and welcome any new-comers! 

AFM I am hoping to get my FET timeline tomorrow. All I know so far is that I will start BC in the next few days then when my next cycle starts we will schedule the FET. I'm not sure how this process works since this is my first time.
  • @tuasdad good luck today!!!
    @wine_mama16 Getting the FET scheduled is an exciting milestone.  For our clinic, the FET following our first round was scheduled for cycle day 23.  They checked my lining about a week before along with blood work.
    We will know for certain Saturday or Monday if our retrieval is Wednesday.  This morning we were measuring 13 at 8-15 mm (still 10 "main" follicles).  Doc thinks he'll lower our dose today.  I did a lot of work leading up to this cycle with a whole foods, gluten free, no added sugar diet, lost about 20lbs and 2 months of a prescribed detox regimen from our fertility clinic - so the difference in the cycles better be a good thing because I've been a saint since August to prepare for it.  I'm still super nervous though because last time we went into retrieval with 18 follicles and only got 9/8 mature - 5 fertilized.  It all hinges on these follicles/eggs being of better quality than last time and there's no way to know until retrieval....that part is so frustrating!
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • nicole030985nicole030985 member
    edited November 2018
    Christen- hopefully your trigger will be in the right time frame. What happens if it’s not though? That’s crazy they only narrow it down to those certain dates because this process is so unknown until you get to trigger. That’s great all the work you put into and I really hope it pays off for you. I haven’t done too much just maintaining weight and watching my diet. 

Nitnat- hopefully you will have some follicles pop up for your scan today! It’s amazing how fast they grow over night! 

Er- 13 is a good number. That nice you won’t have to worry about OHSS. Thank you... the emotional part is the worst! Especially when everyone around me is getting pregnant on there 2nd and 3rd child. Sometimes it feels it will never happen but I won’t give up! 

AFM- had my day 5 bw and us. I’m really surprised because I have way more follicles than last time and 5 are measurable already! I have 5 between 10-12. I have 30 more under 10 mm. I didn’t see any measurable until day 8 last time! My e2 is 333.2, Lh, and progesterone are good. Starting tonight I will be on Lupron 10 IU in the morning, 150 IU menopur in the am and pm, and 225 gonal-f am and pm. Then back to the doctor Monday morning. 
  • @nitnat007 & @callingthestork Thank you! We will hope the positive numbers and indicators stay promising.

@erwahler congrats on retrieval. FX for good fertilization prior to the freeze 

@drewsdarlin Good luck on Monday

@ChristenMA83 Hope you hear good news tomorrow/Monday ref retrieval scheduling

AFM - We had our retrieval this morning. My wife did well, we have a good sense of humor so I recorded some jokes when she came out still high as a kite. I’m a lucky guy.

A total of 26 eggs were retrieved. We’re doing ICSI so while we know we will lose some, or many we hope a healthy number make it. 

That said, hyper stimulation is a concern and since we’ve decided that should we have the numbers to do it, we want to implant two, we will not be implanting next week, but instead freeze and implant next month so my wife can stabilize and reduce chances of issues due to hyperstim.

And my part of the deal was better than I expected. Their “man cave” was much better than the last few places I had to give samples. It was still a bit awkward but, we got the job done.

Now, we wait to hear tomorrow if a promising number fertilized. 
  • Thank you. I am nervous. 

What was your E2 level and size of follicles before retrieval?
  • edited November 2018
    Hi
    @erwahler, great to see your update!   So far, so good!  Happy recovery.
    @Tuasdad, I hope fertilization numbers are good, and your wife is recovering smoothly.
    @ChristenMA83, good luck and I have fingers crossed that this cycle will be well worth your extra efforts!  
    @nitnat007 , I hope E2 and follicles are picking up for you!  Thanks for hugs.
    @sbjbrn, day 3 of shots?  Hope you are doing well. 

Yesterday I got an update on our lone embryo; it had 7 cells at day 3.  Forgot to ask about fragmentation.  Last cycle, at day 3 we had a 4 cell, a 6 cell with <10% fragmentation,  and 2 8-cells, one with 10% frag, the other with none.  Two made it to blast.  We were figuring less than 8 cells wouldn't make it.

I  have been googling everything I can about immature eggs.  Sometimes a protocol tweak improves the situation, many times nothing helps.  Maybe not co-triggering made the difference?   There is no way for me to know if perfectly good eggs aren't responding to the trigger, or if a spindle/DNA problem occurs early in their development.  Supposedly, quality and maturity are governed by unrelated mechanisms. 
    Sorry.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can,  and the wisdom to know the difference. 
  • @callingthestork I really hope your embryo works out. I honestly feel guilty knowing you and others are dealing with that while we ended up getting encouraging numbers. 

AFM- we just got the call a few minutes ago, of the 26 eggs 22 were mature and 20 fertilized. We’re stopping meds and will do FET next month, hopefully with two. We’re still early in the game and know there’s no guarantees but we’re very grateful for the numbers being promising 
  • HI everyone. Good luck to everyone.
  • We got a positive fertilization report - 8 for sure, and 3 "maybes"; they weren't sure based on the timing since they were all conventional.  So only 2 of the eggs from retrieval are out of the running.  We are happy for the moment and now waiting until Monday to hear about how things progress to Day 5.
  • Does your clinic usually do 3 or 5 day transfers?
  • @drewsdarlin
    Each clinic varies, but I've found very few that do day 3 transfers as a rule unless they need to (embryos arrest early, etc). Many clinics are starting to move to frozen transfers entirely (mine is) as the success rates seem higher than with fresh. But I've seen many folks on here with 5 day fresh transfers and freeze the remaining embryos.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• mbradfo2 said:
    @drewsdarlin
    Each clinic varies, but I've found very few that do day 3 transfers as a rule unless they need to (embryos arrest early, etc). Many clinics are starting to move to frozen transfers entirely (mine is) as the success rates seem higher than with fresh. But I've seen many folks on here with 5 day fresh transfers and freeze the remaining embryos.
    They said i will probably do 3 day transfer more likely then 5 day.
  • @drewsdarlin

https://haveababy.com/fertility-information/ivf-authority/ivf-commonly-asked-questions-fears-and_08

A decent article explaining the differences between day 3 and day 5/6 transfers. Did your clinic explain why they want to do a day 3 transfer? Some research has found no difference in success but I think Dr. Sher makes a good point about later transfers, particularly on the receptivity side of things.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• mbradfo2 said:
    @drewsdarlin

https://haveababy.com/fertility-information/ivf-authority/ivf-commonly-asked-questions-fears-and_08

A decent article explaining the differences between day 3 and day 5/6 transfers. Did your clinic explain why they want to do a day 3 transfer? Some research has found no difference in success but I think Dr. Sher makes a good point about later transfers, particularly on the receptivity side of things.
    I think that is what they do at our clinic in ladies over a certain age like 40 or so. and they said uterus is best environment for embryos is what nurse told us on education day for IVF in september.
  • @drewsdarlin
    Oh, yes, day 3 transfers are much much more common in the 40's+ patients. So that explains it.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• mbradfo2 said:
    @drewsdarlin
    Oh, yes, day 3 transfers are much much more common in the 40's+ patients. So that explains it.
    And I am 41. 
  • @callingthestork Love that quote btw.  Day 9 of stims today for me.  Going well I think.  I feel more moody and so much more tired this cycle with these meds.  Let's not even start with my lack of sleep; keep waking up around 3am every day and can't fall back asleep.  Doesn't help that I worked overtime this week, work has been insane.

@Tuasdad Awesome fertilization report.  Best of luck for FET next month.

@erwahler FX for great numbers tomorrow.

Had an appointment today.  RE mentioned retrieval will most likely be this Thursday.  So I'll expect to trigger Tuesday night.  Next appointment Tuesday.  FX crossed. 
    TTC 5+ years--> unexplained infertility
    5 IUI Cycles-BFN
    IVF Fresh Transfer 03/2018, Blighted Ovum D&C 4/2018
    FET #1 Scheduled 8/7 ☺️

• My retrieval is Monday morning. Have to be at clinic at 7:45 am.
  • @drewsdarlin Good luck with retrieval tomorrow
    @Tuasdad what a great fertilization report! Good luck for continued progress.

AFM: we're lowering our gonal-f dose tonight.  Yesterday doc said we will most likely do retrieval Wednesday.   
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN