April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 Check-in 11/5

Due date/Weeks: 

Any appointments? Questions?

Rants/Raves?

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: Would you rather have free wifi wherever you go or have free coffee where/whenever you want?

Re: Week 2 Check-in 11/5

• Options

Due date/Weeks: April 12, 16w 3d

Any appointments? Questions? No appointments, but DH and I are going to a "Meet the Midwives" tomorrow night at our hospital. We'll be getting a tour of the labor and delivery department, too, which I'm really excited about.

Rants/Raves? I am SO sick of feeling tired and out of shape! I tried running yesterday and ran/walked about 2 miles. For me that is pretty sad. I started crying in the middle of it.

How are you feeling? Ugh. I don't feel terrible, but I surely don't feel great, either. Still a little nauseous and really burpy.

GTKY: Would you rather have free wifi wherever you go or have free coffee where/whenever you want? Right now, wifi because coffee sounds gross. When not pregnant, definitely coffee!

• Options
    And apparently I have pregnancy brain, too. I'm 17 weeks 3 days, not 16 weeks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: April 11

No appointments until Big US two weeks from today.

Rants/Raves? Scored free maternity clothes and Video monitors this weekend. Yay!

How are you feeling? Good!

GTKY: Would you rather have free wifi wherever you go or have free coffee where/whenever you want? 

I already have free wifi wherever I go because my firm provides a free MiFi, so I’d take the coffee. :)

• Options

Due date/Weeks: April 8th, 18 weeks today

Any appointments? Questions? Not until next week. Midwife next week wednesday and then my anatomy scan two weeks after that. Feels so far away.

Rants/Raves? Raves would be baby kicks! I have missed those and in my opinion it's the only thing I enjoy about being pregnant. Rants would be getting home last night and finding out DD was going to be awake for much longer than she should be because my sisters in law like to have her not nap when she's there so she fell asleep for quite a long time on the drive home yesterday. 

How are you feeling? Relatively ok. Slight headache coming on but nothing too terrible. I'm starving all the time too. Taking it easy today because I was on my feet so much this weekend I have some wicked RLP.

GTKY: Would you rather have free wifi wherever you go or have free coffee where/whenever you want? Free coffee. Decaf lattes right now are my friend.

• Options

Due date/Weeks: April 14th

Any appointments? Questions? US/Anatomy scan scheduled for 11/21, I will be 19 weeks 3 days. I'm a bit nervous to get my anatomy scan done that early (my previous pregnancies I was 20-21 weeks). Next OB appointment on the 30th of November.

Rants/Raves? Rants: I miss my intense work outs, my job can be stressful sometimes and working out was a great way for me to release some stress and tension. 

Raves: finally felt kicks and movement over the weekend!

How are you feeling?  ok for now. I feel like I'm going through some emotional roller coasters right now...Im either angry or happy.

GTKY: Would you rather have free wifi wherever you go or have free coffee where/whenever you want? definitely free coffee!

• Options

Due date/Weeks: 

April 9, 18 weeks

Anatomy scan is Nov 19th! 

Rants/Raves?

I wish fresh vegetables and greens didn’t make me gag.  It’s just annoying when you want to eat healthy and can’t. 

How are you feeling? 

Great if I didn’t have these migraines. I wish the weather would commit to fall because all this up and down in temperatures messes with my head

That’s a hard one because I feel like with either of overuse it and become additcted lol. Right now I guess coffee(peppermint mochas ) because I don’t need to be on my phone any more than I already am

• Options
    @blueberrymomma I'm with you on the greens! I used to make a smoothie every morning with fresh spinach, but I gag and/or throw up when I'm handling the spinach. It really sucks!
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: 18 weeks tomorrow

Any appointments? Questions? I have an appointment on Wednesday. 

Rants/Raves? I have really bad SPD. We have been prepping for our move and I've been moving and lifting and cleaning non-stop for weeks. At this point I can hardly move. The movers come tomorrow to pack and pick up.  I can hardly wait. 

How are you feeling? See above 😬

Wi-Fi I guess. I mean.... I have my phone so I kinda do. But I don't drink coffee. Can I swap it for tea?

• Options
    Also I can't wait to feel the baby and now for sure its him/ her and regularly.... and for my kids to finally feel it. They are so excited for it. 
  • Options
    @plumpoppies me too! I know some people are already feeling flutters, but I haven't felt a thing. I know it's early and it's my first so I might not realize it, but I'm anxious to start feeling something!
  • Options
    @rennie1108, I hope you get some energy back soon, I definitely feel you about the lessened intensity in working out.  Also, it could depend on where your placenta is located - I have an anterior placenta, and have only felt a kick maybe once the last few days.

@catherineclaire78, free maternity clothes ftw! 

@angelob88, ugh, I know the feeling!  Between family visits and daylight savings, my kid has been sleeping so poorly.

@snowhite12, totally agree, working out is my stress/anxiety relief and I've felt too awful to do much lately.  It stinks.

@blueberrymomma, right there with you.  I've been able to choke down some salads, but if they're at all on the verge of smelling off, I can't do it.  Fruit has been easier.

@plumpoppies, I hope the movers take care of everything else for you!  Rest up!

Due date/Weeks: April 10th, 17 weeks 5 days

Any appointments? Questions? Not until the 20th, and the my anatomy scan the 26th.  So far away!

Rants/Raves? Rant: I think this umbilical hernia (if that's what it is) is getting worse/more easily tweaked.  This is the third time it's been tweaked or decided to poke through my abs/belly button and it's incredibly painful.  It's not helping me work up the energy to actually work out, so my depression has been really bad as well.

How are you feeling? See my rant above....

GTKY: Would you rather have free wifi wherever you go or have free coffee where/whenever you want?  Free wifi, since I don't drink coffee.  Or can we swap the coffee for free chai lattes?  Mmm....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited November 2018

@kangstadt I loooove chai lattes! I’m also crazy about matcha.

@snowhite12 we have our anatomy scans the same day! 

Due date/Weeks: 18 weeks tomorrow!

Any appointments? Questions? 20 week apppointment/anatomy scan 11/21. Two weeks! I’m filled with anxiety for so many reasons. I just want the baby to be healthy, growing correctly, etc. 

Rants/Raves? My family is driving me nuts! I made the mistake of telling them when my anatomy scan is, and they won’t stop bugging me to tell them the gender of the baby early. I think I’m gonna have to mute them, put them on do not disturb, something. It’s not like they’ll have to wait long - we’re telling them the next day on thanksgiving 🙄 of course, this all depends on if the baby lets us see!

How are you feeling? Fine today! Major back pain, i didn’t wear my belly band to work yesterday so that’s probablg my fault. I’m a bit crampy and that always makes me worry, but the cramping is light and it definitely doesn’t stop me in my tracks. Belly really popped yesterday, so I think it’s growing pains. 

GTKY: Would you rather have free wifi wherever you go or have free coffee where/whenever you want? I have unlimited data with my phone plan, so wifi isn’t a concern. If I can substitute the coffee for any hot beverage, I’m in!

• Options

@rennie1108 I'm sorry to hear your run didn't go well.
    @catherineclaire78 Hooray for free!!
    @angelob88 I hear you with the RLP.  So uncomfortable.
    @snowhite12 I'll be 19+2 at my anatomy scan.  It should be ok!
    @blueberrymomma Sorry to hear about your migraines.  I currently have one.  We got a big of snow here that's lasted a few days.  Mine is obviously weather related too.
    @plumpoppies Good luck with the move!  I've never used movers for any of my moves.  I will definitely hire some if we ever have to move again.
    @kangstadt I hope you find some relief for that hernia soon.  Is it something physio could help with until after the baby comes?
    @lilpotatomama Could you just tell them all that the baby wasn't cooperating and you don't know the sex?  Though one day does not seem like very long for them to wait at all!

Due date/Weeks: April 8  18+1

Any appointments? Questions?  Seeing my doc tomorrow, anatomy scan on the 14th.  I'm hoping I get my OB soon!  Should be in the next couple of weeks.

Rants/Raves?  The hospital closest to us has been filling up so fast so getting a spot there is going to be tough.  I loved my OB last time but that hospital is on the opposite side of the city and we were only there because the twins were so high risk and they have the level 3 NICU.  The hospital by us is brand new and the rooms are huge with a bed for dad too.

How are you feeling?  A bit crummy.  RLP and migraines are getting me down.  Not to mention that H has been busy with work and his volunteer work so I've been doing a lot of the parenting alone and I'm just about at my breaking point.  I'm getting tired of complaining and whining about how I'm feeling and no one (family, H) acknowledging it.  I think I'm also just overly sensitive right now.

GTKY: Would you rather have free wifi wherever you go or have free coffee where/whenever you want?  I'd be good with the wifi I think.  Every once in a while I love a special drink but I've realized that I have easily dropped my morning coffees.

Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama, they can just hold their freaking horses and calm down :lol:.  One day won't kill them!

@mermaidca, I haven't actually talked to my OB about it yet, just my sister (an OB but not in the area).  Not sure if they'll suggest anything or not. 

And you're totally not being overly sensitive!  I felt completely underappreciated the entire first trimester when DH couldn't keep up with the housework that I was too exhausted to do, but he didn't acknowledge how hard it is for me to parent, work, and keep up on all the chores normally.  Is there any way you can talk to him about getting a day to recover just for yourself?  Schedule a massage, a girls day, or just send him out with the kids so you have quiet time to relax?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt that sounds awful. I hope you find some relief soon
    @lilpotatomama we are planning  to tell everyone at thanksgiving too. However I’m not telling anyone when the anatomy scan so they a) don’t harass me and b) are surprised. I think I may have DH tell his mom that the anatomy scan isn’t until the week after because she already suspects our plan 
    @kangstadt I feel you. DH was gone almost a week on a guys hunting trip and I’m like “when’s my vacation”. Really I just feel like I need a week to sleep 
  • Options
    @kangstadt thanks!  Unfortunately, no sign of relaxation just yet.  I'm giving up a stat so I can use it for a day in lieu at Xmas.  H is going out tonight so after the littles go to bed it might be a movie/bubble bath/early night kind of evening for me.  My mom was over last night and did a bunch of my dishes so I may just ignore everything else tonight.

I find it amazing what women can do.  We are literally growing another human while still doing everything else we did before.  Exhausting is an understatement. 
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mermaidca Hell Yess!!! women are amazing!

@kangstadt- Ive never really been into Yoga but i recently picked it up during this pregnancy. Definitely helps me on days I feel down in the dumps, also takes my mind off of work and family issues.
    @lilpotatomama- When H and I told our families we plan on not finding out the sex at the anatomy scan, they all gave us the deer in head lights look and asked us how on earth we were going to prepare ourselves for the birth  :D

• Options
    @snowhite12 haha I've gotten the same reaction from people when I tell them we're not finding out the sex! It's funny how even our parents are like that. I mean, they didn't know what they were having, and they managed JUST fine :smile:
  • Options
    @mermaidca

We never had before we moved to Italy. We HAVE to use them in overseas moves. Stateside we always move ourselves. I'm a ball of stress having people touch/take my stuff though. I won't see it for 3 months. 😬
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: 

April 10 / 18 Weeks

OB next week and anatomy scan 2 days before Thanksgiving. I’m anxious to feel the baby move, getting nervous even though I know it’s still slightly early.

Rants/Raves?

I moved to a new place a couple years ago for my husband’s job and still don’t have a big network here. So I feel lonely. I work from home and get out an about some... but wish I had a network of friends/pregnant ladies to connect with. DH understands but also doesn’t provide all the emotional support I need. As I mentioned before I live on my husbands familys farm and I also feel very little support from his family since his sister is going through her own fertility issues and thus needs space from me. Just feeling kinda lonely/crummy. Looking forward to mom groups and planning to start going to prenatal yoga. How do adults make friends??? I should note I have great friends in other parts of the country who love and support us, and my sisters are my BFFs (but live across the country)... also very close with my parents... just need some local peeps.

How are you feeling? See above 

Shockingly normal 

Me & DH ~ 32
    Married 7/6/13

EDD 2/5/21

DD 4/19
  • Options
    @himolly88 I am in a very similar situation!! I really miss my friends that I had back in Ohio. I'm out here in the west where everyone is so spread out, I work 35 miles from my house, and I don't have a close group of friends. It is SO hard to meet people as an adult! We are actually going to be moving again for DH's work and honestly, I'm looking forward to it b/c at least I'll have a say as to the type of neighborhood we live in (where we live now he had already been here for many years - we met and dated long distance until I moved). It still sucks, though!
  • Options
    @himolly88 I feel you, i have some "friends" who are expecting, but none of my close close friends have children so I go out with them a much as I can but still pretty rare. I live in a nice/large neighborhood so i have made a few friends that way. Also, my kids daycare, I have made a few acquaintances there. I know my cousin made some friends through a mommy group she joined and at story time at her local library...not sure if those are options for you. I also have very little support from my H's family. H is very close with them so it makes it even more awkward... 
    Oh also, my neighbor has a very close group of friends she met at the local gym.
  • Options
    lyse01lyse01 member
    edited November 2018
    @plumpoppies *wk 1 lurker* Friends who have done overseas military moves strongly recommend putting stickers/cards with email and phone info on objects inside each box. There are too many stories of people getting someone else’s boxes and having no way to identify the owner or get it back to them.

also, I just realized I didn’t make this comment in a timely manner, but maybe you still have the chance to do this before they put everything in a truck!