May 2019 Moms

STM+ Check In Week Of 11/6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? 

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: STM+ Check In Week Of 11/6

• How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD is 13 months.

How are your other kids doing this week?  She did much better with the time change than I expected!  Sweet girl has been a happy little ball of baby despite early wake-ups.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?  Not really, DD is having a great time pushing her own stroller, I feel like full-fledged walking is coming soon.  She has also had park trips daily (we have one really close by), and it seems like she loves seeing other kids.  Very cute.

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)?  I would like 3 total (DS will make 2).  DH is between 2 and 3, but I think he's coming over to the 3 side.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 DD 3 1/2 years old

How are your other kids doing this week? So far, so good

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Nothing really

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? We are done. It took a lot to convince DH to not be OAD as it is. 
    DD1- Feb 2015
    DD2- EDD 5/12/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrsdee15 same with the earlier wake-ups but still happy. That was a relief, although she had been waking up early (in the middle of leap 9) and had just started sleeping in a bit later so on the plus side, we weren't totally used to it. It did feel like an end was in sight for it, though and now we're starting over.

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD is 14 1/2 months

How are your other kids doing this week? She's good. Really has this pointing thing down now and gets frustrated when we can't tell exactly what she wants. She also will bring us our shoes or her shoes when she wants to go outside. It's cute but I'm like, you're not a dog, this doesn't mean you *need* to go outside to use the bathroom and we aren't going outside at 6:30pm when it's pitch black out and we need to start bedtime relatively soon.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? My local hospital mom's group from DD is doing a friendsgiving potluck on Saturday which I'm super excited for. There will be about 12 toddlers 14-18 months plus parents and a few older siblings. BUT, I was hoping to keep this pregnancy under wraps a little longer (A/S mid-December). We live near wineries and have had multiple play dates while on leave or on the weekends at wineries plus MNOs at wine bars. Everyone knows I'm super into wine. There won't be mixed drinks, and I don't know how to hide it, especially around a bunch of women who were just in that boat. I bailed on one of the MNOs b/c I felt like crap due to morning sickness and met up with one of the moms to go to the pumpkin patch that weekend - 3 ladies weren't drinking which was "suspect" and one other wasn't and said she was pregnant so it's definitely a point of speculation.

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? This LO will make 2 and I definitely want a 3rd, open to a 4th but more in a "if we have an oops, it's cool" sort of way at this point.

• @kvh22 The Friendsgiving sounds so fun!  That's awesome that you found a mom's group.  I'm also a big wine fan, and thought people would notice I wasn't drinking at my best friend's monthly game night, but I just had an empty glass near me and no one noticed anything different.  It sounds like your group is pretty observant, though, and wine is a tough one to fake.

• @kvh22 I feel like all my friends are like hawks trying to spot who's pregnant  :disappointed: I'm sorry for the early wakeups...those are rough.

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 DD, 16 months

How are your other kids doing this week? Good! Time change was a little rough (5:30 wakeup instead of normal 6:30), which I expected. But she seems to be back on track now. I bough these baby elastics and have been doing tiny pigtails in her hair - it's too cute! Until she pulls them out one minute later.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? It seems like every weekend for the past month has been busy. This weekend we have friends and their kiddos coming over for brunch Saturday, then family over for dinner Sunday. Ahh I just want to relax! On a positive note, I get Monday off - woohoo.

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? I feel like I have to wait and see how it feels once this baby is here... I could be done at 2, but could totally see us with 3. That'd be the max, though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS, turns one on Sunday!!!

How are your other kids doing this week? He's teething, I think. Very snotty and drooly. Also, DST broke him.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I don't know what's wrong with me today, but I'm losing patience with him for things that aren't his fault. I'm just so over the excessive snot and drool today. I've been damp basically since I woke up because of him sharing his various liquids. I need it to stop. But it won't. I meant to go grocery shopping but I missed my opportunity and his therapist is on her way over now. If he doesn't afternoon nap I think I'll go though and just deal with him yelling at me in the store because I need to not be home. Also, being nauseous is making me crazy. But then I feel guilty because the nausea is also comforting. SO BASICALLY I'M FEELING A LOT OF GUILT TODAY. #momlife

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? We would like four total but I'd be open to more if we could afford it. They might not be from my womb, though. TBD.

• How many kids do you already have? Ages?  1 DS, 13 months tomorrow!

How are your other kids doing this week?   He's actually been really good. H has been out of town since Sunday and he didn't give me all sorts of hell and went to sleep with ease despite the time change. So counting those all as wins. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?   I started pulling some of DS' more baby-ish toys out of his toy box and putting them back for this LO.  Of course he's super interested in all the rattles as soon as I get them out. 

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)?  I want one more, H wants two more. Given my age and the fact that I'm going to want a break after this one, I don't see two more happening (and we probably couldn't afford 4!) 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• @DuchessOfCambridge I wish I had some sort of helpful thing to say, but all I have is creepy internet hugs to offer.

• How many kids do you already have? Ages? 
    2 boys 5 and 2.5

Ds1 turns 6 on Friday!! I can’t believe I will have a 6 year old. He is so excited about his birthday. Both boys have been waking at 530 since the time change so that’s fun. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I can’t find the toy ds1 (captain Rex action figure) so I am looking all over for it. It’s on amazon but was hoping to find it cheaper.

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? We are done having babies after this one. It will be my 3rd c section and that’s about as many c sections as i am willing to do. Financially 3 makes sense for us too, however if we did find ourselves with an unexpected increase of income then I have always wanted to adopt from foster care. Dh is open to adoption too so long as we can afford it financially. 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge @Stormiewinter happy early birthday to your sons!

@DuchessOfCambridge I'm not a SAHM but when we do get a random day off that DH has to work or when he's traveling, I go crazy when I don't use the house and feel pretty similar to what you're describing. Add the nausea to that and this last trip of DH's was so hard - no desire to do anything but not good for DD or me to be in the house all day. You're a great mom. Hugs!

• How many kids do you already have? Ages? One, he's 5 😭😭😭

How are your other kids doing this week? He's great. He turned 5, today is picture day. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I had his IEP meeting this week and he has made SO much progress. I seriously had to check and make sure we were talking about the right kid. He's amazing. 

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)?
    I'm done after this. I worry about even being able to handle two, so I definitely don't want anymore than that. I'm an only child, and I always thought I wanted a big family, but I just wouldn't be able to manage. 
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages? One, she's 2.

How are your other kids doing this week? She's doing pretty well. She did great with the time change...though Sunday, she somehow removed her sleepsack and diaper during her naptime and pooped in her crib.  :s

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Don't go to the grocery store hungry. I bought so much random junk, I am usually so much better. Sigh (eating terra chips as I type)

We think about a third. Now that we know this baby is a girl, and we have a daughter already, I think we'll be more inclined to go for three. Not that there's any guarantee of course, but we might give it another shot. I'm one of three kids, I love having two siblings.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages?  Two girls, 5 and 8

How are your other kids doing this week? They have been better this week. Still arguing but I feel like they have been a bit better. They are older so DST has actually helped. They have been much easier to get up these last two mornings for school. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Not really

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)?  Over the years we have gone back and forth on whether we should even have a third. So definitely done!!

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• @mrsdee15 thanks for the internet hugs haha. Just one of those days. We didn't leave the house yesterday either because it was gross weather, but then it was gross weather today too. Boo. I'm so happy your DD didn't freak out over it! Also, idk if this is rude to say but it makes me feel better she's not walking fully unassisted yet, because DS isn't even standing unassisted.

@kvh22 the shoes thing sounds really cute though I'm sure it gets old. Jealous of your local hospital group, I don't think my hospital had anything like that

@eatinwatermelonseeds such good news about your son!

@bluesky24 omg how did she do that! :open_mouth:

These tickers have me dying for some chicken nuggets.

• @DuchessOfCambridge I'd rather have a donut hole than a chicken nugget  ;) And I'm so thankful for that mom's group. We met weekly and it was free, sponsored by the Parenting and Breastfeeding Services organization that operates out of our hospital. Way less drama than the groups you have to pay to be a part of (or so I've heard). Dh asked if it was normal to still be this good of friends with those people and I obviously have no clue but I think the length of maternity leave here is really helpful for strong bonds to form. Many of us have no other friends with kids (either at all or around the same age). And it's probably 50/50 moms who go back to work and those who don't.

• @kvh22 maybe I'll look into a breastfeeding support group with this new LO. But probably they don't allow older siblings so idk.

• @DuchessOfCambridge DD isn't standing unassisted either!  She sort of will stand for a second and then sits.  Also, I've been craving all sorts of fast food lately and your chicken nugget comment made me seriously wonder if that's why.

• @mrsdee15 it's so unfair of me because DS has CP (very mild but it's there) so he has trouble with balance yet I still compare him to other kids around his age! He's actually continually shocked me by keeping up, sometimes on the slower end of normal, but still in the range. He can pull up to stand as long as whatever he's using is low enough to let him hoist his left arm over. I think unassisted will take a while. He also turns his left foot in, like his pinky toe is in the air while his big toe is firmly on the ground so I think that affects it too. He'll wear a brace to help with it soon but right now his OT wants him weight bearing naturally. He doesn't "surf" yet

• @DuchessOfCambridge It sounds like he's doing well! Don't be too hard on yourself  <3

• @DuchessOfCambridge I do not know. It was a feat. I think she surprised and horrified herself. When I went to get her from her crib Monday morning she proudly proclaimed that she did NOT poop in her crib!

As an aside, you are doing an amazing job as a mom to your sweet son. Don't be hard on yourself. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Why you guys gotta make me cry
    Image result for dont make me cry gif

• @DuchessOfCambridge don't be so hard on yourself. Momming is freaking hard, and you're doing an amazing job. I'm glad you're recognizing that it's partly related to being stuck in the house. I find I isolate a bit sometimes and then I feel crappy and it can take me a bit to realize that's the reason I feel crappy lol. Also, grocery pick up is a God send. Be kind to yourself, you're doing the best you can. ♥️
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD is 2.

How are your other kids doing this week? Great. Learning new words every day. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Surgery tomorrow. I'm obviously anxious that something is going to go wrong and harm Beta.

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? I'm pretty sure we're done. I said we were 'one and done' but I kinda knew in the back of my mind that might not be true. I'm pretty sure that we're done after this. Also, I don't know if my body can handle another :( 

@DuchessOfCambridge My lactation group allowed older siblings!
    @bluesky24 Oh boy. We had two crib poop incidents a while back with DD. No fun at all. haha.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds we don't have grocery pickup where I live or any drive thrus because people here apparently hate themselves and WANT to cart their children in and out of places and car seats 😭

• How many kids do you already have? Ages? One DS that is 2

How are your other kids doing this week? He’s good! Thankfully the time change didn’t seem to upset his schedule too badly. He woke up earlier this morning, but I just had DH get up with him. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I love being at home, but DS needs to be on me allllllll day. I’ve beem having a lot of hip and RLP, so by the end of the day I am just done. As soon as DH came home, I just went to our room because I needed a break so badly. 

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? We’re done after this baby. 
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 ds, almost 2

How are your other kids doing this week? Great, he handled dst like a champ thankfully. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I feel like I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately, hopefully now that I’m out of the first tri I’ll have more energy and get back to feeling more normal soon. 

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? We’ve always said we want 3, we will see how we feel after 2 though!
  • @bluesky24 What a mess! My DS can pull his pants up but not down, and that is one of the reasons I’m not in a rush to teach him. Babies poo, but cleaning it off the walls/furniture is no joke!

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 son, 15 months 

Good, his molars seem to have come in enough that they aren’t really bothering him anymore. We are also working on getting him more used to the stroller or walking by himself if need be. He used to really hate the stroller so I just used the carrier, but I know that is not gonna be feasible for much longer.

No DST here and can’t say that I miss it, although it is pitch black by 5:30.

We originally agreed at least 2, no more than 3. I think it makes more sense for us to just have 2, but I’m a little surprised to find that I am a bit sad to think this one might be the last.
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 DDs, ages 5 and 2.5

How are your other kids doing this week? Still living the DST struggle. We have been going to bed "early" because they are getting ridiculously slap-happy right after dinner.

@Stormiewinter My DD1 will be 6 in a few weeks too... I can't believe how the time has flown. Were you in the November 2012 bmb?

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? Definitely done after this one. I had always said I wanted three, DH was more about just having two. I had finally accepted the idea of just having two, and started planning a garage sale to get rid of all the baby/maternity stuff I had been holding onto, and DH flipped the script on me and said we should go for three after all, so here we are.
    kids with flags
  • @lovelybabybumpz hope all goes well with your surgery!
    @kipper-2 haha yes! It was a shock. Not actually a huge mess though, I think she was so surprised that it happened that she immediately called for me so there wasn't an opportunity to ahem make a mess with it. She's not really a risk taker and doesn't always like to try new things, so I think that worked to my advantage here! Still gross though, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lovelybabybumpz yes, good luck!! I'm sure the LO will be just fine :)

• @DuchessOfCambridge moming is hard!  It is impossible to be perfectly patient all of the time.  I hope today is a better day for you 😊
    @eatinwatermelonseeds what a great meeting!  Your son is remarkable and you are truly such a wonderful mother to him.  He’s very lucky to have you.  

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 girls, 5 & 3 

How are your other kids doing this week? Good.  DD1 had a pedi appt last week where we discussed new ways to manage her anxiety.  I feel like my toolbox is full again and I’m better prepared to handle whatever comes up.  Also, the dr gave her a stern talking to about her eating habits (or lack there of) and she has been so much better about focusing and eating her meals.  Not at school yet, but at least at home.  

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? DH finally heard back about the job!  It wasn’t the news we were hoping for, but I’m happy to have an answer.  I guess they’ve been holding off giving him a contract because they were unsure if the new Dutch govt policies would impact their contracts being renewed.  Turns out it likely will so he told DH it’s unlikely they will be able to bring him over there.  If things change and they do get the full renewal then he will go, but we’ve decided to go ahead with the house purchase and if the unlikely happens then we’ll deal with it then.  We just can’t handle this limbo any longer.  So I’m going to have my plate full this week officially moving all our stuff (health insurance, vehicle registrations, etc) to another province.  I also have to give up my midwife in AB, which makes me sad.  But I had my last two babies with a doctor in a small rural hospital and my experience was great, so hoping for a similar experience in our new small town.

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? Yes, definitely.  We were pretty sure we were done after 2, it is only in the last year or so that I’ve gotten some serious baby fever.  I have absolutely nothing saved for babies aged 0-2 because we were so certain we were finished.  Even if I were to get another bout of baby fever after this one I’m sure it will be impossible to conceive since DH has made it clear he’ll have a vasectomy scheduled very soon.  He’s excited about this baby but definitely does not want ANY more. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @brie_and_almonds it really is crazy. I participated a little bit, in the December and November boards, but not much. Ds1 was a month early so by time I moved over to November it had quieted down with a lot of people moving over to Facebook, so I didn’t participate much after he was born. 
  • Thanks everyone, today was much much better! We're back to being obsessed with each other  :D

• @DuchessOfCambridge I'm so glad yesterday was better. Those kind of days are so rough. What's the cliche, "the days are long, but the years are short"? Yeah, but I get frustrated enough in the days and can't help but express it lol

@kvh22 what a nice get together! I hope your cover isn't blown!

@eatinwatermelonseeds so happy for a great report for you DS! I so admire you moms who are such advocates for your children!

@Stormiewinter happy birthday to your DS! 6! Why does that seem so grown?? :'( I'm dreading 6 with DD in April. But I think I do that every year. Every year she seems "grown" lol.

@brie_and_almonds happy early birthday to yours!

@lovelybabybumpz I hope your surgery went well and you are comfortably recovering!

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 DD, Age 5

How are your other kids doing this week? She's doing well. She knows we are going to find out what we are having on Saturday, so she keeps asking how many more days. Had a good fall parent/teacher conference with her teacher on Tuesday and she seems to be doing well in Kindergarten. She's very head strong and stubborn with us, but her teacher says she's easily redirected in class and then devotes that to her new task and succeeds. We talked about the new baby and I mentioned how joyful DD is about it, and she said she is a joyful little girl and brings that to the classroom. I'm so glad for that. She's not always joyful with us lol.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? It's already plaguing my mind...For those with 2 kids already, what was your nighttime routine once you had two? DD gets a bath every night (on the whole, some nights are skipped if necessary), story time, and then asleep between 7:15 and 7:45 on school nights. I don't know how I'm going to manage multitasking. MH will be helping, but I want them both to get the proper amount of nighttime attention from me. I also don't remember at all what time DD went to bed as an infant lol.

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? Possibly. It took us so long to even decide to have a second baby, but it's hard to say I'd want to close that door. But, we can't afford two in daycare at one time, so it's likely it's not even an option for more. I'll be 33 with this one, and that would make me 36 or 37 by the time that one went to preschool. Also, DD is in private school. It's not a fancy dancy, super expensive private school, but it's a great school and we would like to keep our kids there as long as possible (it goes through high school). That may seal the deal as well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• @mcewen3 D'awww you're going to make me cry. Thank you. But he's done all the work. I just drive him to the appointments lol. 
  • Hi! First check in over here, trying to get caught up!
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 son, almost 22 months

How are your other kids doing this week? Great! Slept at grandmas last night and we had a date night. First time getting ready for work at home without him, so weird

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? SO nauseous this morning! I think because we ate dinner so early last night and I was hungry 

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? I always wanted 4 but financially that seems like a lot now. Ideally we would love for baby 2 to be a girl and then we'd both be content with 2 but if #2 is a boy... that might change things, we'll see! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @lovelybabybumpz so glad surgey went well.

@BriannaE129129 welcome to the STM thread! Date night sounds great! We don't have family nearby at all, so I'm jealous. When do you find out boy/girl?

• How many kids do you already have? Ages? Two, both 21 months. 

How are your other kids doing this week? Good!  My kids are like sleep unicorns (I expect to be brought down to reality with the third) and they weren’t impacted by daylight savings time at all, which was great.  They have started pointing to my belly and yelling “a baby!” Which is awkward because we haven’t told many people yet... 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? This is more for the AMA crowd but maybe there’s some overlap here—has anyone discussed doing a CVS or amino with their doctors when there’s no specific reason to think anything is wrong?  It was brought up at my appointment as an option and I hadn’t realized some people elected to do them just to be thorough.  I don’t think we will, but thought it was interesting to consider 

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)?  YES — I think I would have been content with two if my first pregnancy had been a singleton.  I felt a little cheated that I was only going through the experience one time with twins, and got super wistful at the end of every stage.  I don’t think more than 3 makes sense for us financially—to be honest, 3 makes very little sense but we’re thrilled about it anyway...
  • @GeorgiaGirl1230 I actually think it became easier putting two kids to bed than one, once we gave up on trying to get them down one at a time or separately, and started completely combining their routines. I don't remember when we had this epiphany, but at some point we initiated a bedtime routine for the both of them together. After dinner, they both take a bath around 6:30, brush their teeth, then go into DS1's room to read books. DH usually reads a couple books, then I come in and read a couple more. I turn out the lights, ask them both which song they want to sing, sing the songs, then carry DS2 to his room. For some reason, knowing that they both have to go to bed at the same time really helped establish a consistent routine. Their bedtime is 7; some people think that's early, but I love it. We have lots of free time before we go to bed.

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 
    2 sons, 4.5 and 2.5

How are your other kids doing this week? DS1 is so excited about having a new baby (although he did really want a little sister) he's been walking around with his Lamby tucked under his shirt and calling it his "precious new baby." He also broke out into an interesting rendition of "Do you know the salsa man?" during lunch today. Kids are so entertaining. DS2 has been nap-denying, which is not like him and terrifies me. DS1 actually gave up naps altogether around the same age and I'm not ready for that yet! Hopefully it's just his runny nose bothering him.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Yesterday when we came home from Costco, my husband volunteered to put away all the groceries, which was nice. But then all morning I was having visions of a delicious ramen bowl and discovered that he had put them on the shelf instead of in the freezer... nooooooo!

GTKY: Is your family complete after this baby or do you want more (how many total)? Pretty similar to @brie_and_almonds ... I always wanted three kids (maybe even four), but after we had two DH seemed to think we ought to be done. I just kind of didn't bring it up and was biding my time, but I was also trying to come to terms with only having two if DH really didn't want any more. Out of the blue one day, he said, "You know, I actually think I want another kid." So I'm very grateful for this baby and it will definitely be our last barring any truly unforeseen circumstances.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers