December 2018 Moms
Options

Check-in 10.29 • (All Dec EDDs)

First mass-checkin thread - seems to make sense with diminished TB participation. If folks flood back we'll go back to the staggered weekly threads :smiley:

1) How far along are you?

2) Any appointment updates?

3) RantsRaves/Questions/DearDiary?

4) GTKY: Has your SO been awesome lately? Why or why not?
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Check-in 10.29 • (All Dec EDDs)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CecilB93 My husband gets so insulted when dd poops and he has to clean her. He always says, “You wait for me to get home to poop!” Lol I’m like, nahhhh I clean a lot of poop too, bud.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @clbness i haven't heard anything about a growth scan either.... i wouldn't mind one but if nobody is worried, i'm not going to be either. 
  • Options
    @katy0990 re: DS not being an only child, I actually touched on that in the symptoms thread in my reply to you! Didn't see this post until after lol. But yes, I feel it, too. I think he's starting to understand that things are changing soon. He's excited about baby brother coming, but I doubt that he fully understands exactly what that means! I'm sure they'll adjust quickly to having a baby sibling, but I anticipate it being difficult with my son at least.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling nostalgic about our time with just the 3 of us. The hormones don’t help, either!
  • Options
    Yes! @katy0990 @CecilB93 My biggest concern my whole pregnancy has been how my son will deal with not being the only one. He is definitely a mommas boy and we have such a close bond.  Early in my pregnancy I cried several times worrying that my son would feel abandoned or resentful of the baby. I'm feeling much better about it now and tell myself how much he will enjoy having a sibling his whole life. We have been working hard on talking about the baby and how it will be his baby and how he will help take care of his baby and what not to do. I have also been working on having him be more independent, he just turned 3 and now he is 100% potty trained, throws away is own trash, puts his dishes in the sink when he is done, can pick out his own clothes etc.
  • Options
    @ebk20 kind of working on independence here, too. Potty training is still a pain in the ass at this point, but he's mostly there. And I think DH does let him pick his own clothes in the mornings, within reason of course. Mainly meaning if it's freezing and DS picks shorts then DH will convince him to wear long pants instead lol. And same with talking about baby, but I still see a rough transition ahead of us with DS! He's already been acting out a lot lately - backtalking, shushing us if we're telling him to stop something, throwing tantrums over not getting his way. Not sure if it's regular toddler stuff or heightened by new baby coming soon or not, hard to say.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @ebk20 We have also been working on DS being more independent and I think, I’m a way, that is getting to me. There are so many things I have done for him because he is my world and the fact that I’m already changing that makes me a bit sad because I know he will always be more of a big boy now and less of a baby. Obviously, I knew I wouldn’t be making his bed, changing his diapers, and cleaning his toys for him forever. It is just bittersweet to see my baby growing up, knowing his life will never be the same. That being said, I am very excited to see him as a big brother and I hope that we are giving him a lifelong friend.
  • Options
    I’m feeling the transition to two as well. I have felt bad a lot of this pregnancy that dd won’t be the only child anymore. We didn’t give her very much time in that role. But like you guys said, I’m trying to remember that it’s a short transition period vs a lifetime friend (hopefully!). So it’ll be worth it in the end.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    ab_canada said:

3) Rants/Raves/Questions/DearDiary?
    My rave is that I haven't had to take anything for heartburn in about a week! I might have just jinxed it now..

Also just a random - I am so glad I don't have to talk to my MIL too often because sometimes she says things that are just so odd/irritating. Like that she thinks the baby will have lots of hair. Okay lady, whatever you say. Or how surprised she was when we found out we are having a girl because "the boy gene is so strong on our side". Because yeah, that's how it works..
    Technically the sex is determined by the male, so if your Hs male lineage produces mostly boys she's not wrong. That's how it is for my DH, his one aunt on that side is the only girl born in something like 4-5 generations. I'd be shocked if we (or either of our sons) have a girl! Also, I had a ton of heartburn with DS and he came out with a lot of hair! This kid hasn't been as bad as far as heartburn, so I'm expecting less hair, if any lol. I know it's mostly an OWT as far as heartburn/hair correlation, but it was right with my first son! I think there might be some science behind it, but I can't say for sure.

@barristerninja sorry about MIL being distant all of a sudden! Could you maybe be subtle about it and ask him, "hey, I think we could really use some help with X thing, could your mom help us?" That may open the door without being too blatantly obvious. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    You are all so lucky with your DHs. I read about them and I'm like is this an option. Dont get me wrong, I love my husband but he doesn't treat me any differently when I'm pregnant. I still go to work, do all the cooking, cleaning,  laundry, caring for ds, doing chores etc. He is supportive in his own way but I know if I complained he would tell me I'm not the first woman in the world to be pregnant and that women have been having babies and taking care if their homes since the beginning of time.
  • Options

@echo-charlietango That's nice he didn't get the milk that he knows you wouldn't want. We are waiting until Cyber Monday to us our discount too!! I guess Cyber Monday will probably have better deals than Black Friday online?

@rosebud332 I think that might be why I'm not sure worried about so unprepared. Plus, I still have two more months. My brothers gf keeps asking how her room is coming along and I just tell her I don't want to think about it. lol It's mostly all cleared out now though, which is nice! Selling and buying a house at the same time sounds SO STRESSFUL, it's bad enough just doing one of those at a time. And while pregnant. Ugh. Last pregnancy we moved about a month and a half before DS was due so we had no room or anything ready for him until a month before he was due.

@morgantu Yes, the constant comments from people gets SO OLD! I've gotten way more this time than last time and it's so annoying.

@clbness I don't think growth scans are always done. I think they're usually done if there is a need for them or your measuring off. My midwife I only doing one because the people who did my anatomy scan ALWAYS recommend one at 32 weeks for some reason, even if you don't need one.

@katy0990 Yes! I feel that way. It makes me happy and sad. I  hope he adjusts okay and knows we love him just the same.

@ab_canada My DH also does really well dealing with mood swings. lol Not crying but being very irritable. He handles it well! lol I feel so bad for him sometimes. I'm sure he can't wait for me to not be pregnant anymore.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    ab_canadaab_canada member
    edited October 2018
    @CecilB93
    I may have been inclined to subscribe to that theory, if there was any evidence from their family that it's actually the case. I am pretty sure she only thinks that way because she had two boys (and wanted a boy and a girl). And then there are a couple of male cousins, but I don't think they significantly outnumber the female ones (nothing that would make you think 50/50 gender breakdown isn't a reasonable estimate!), so I feel like it's just confirmation bias, not actual fact.

• Options
    @katy0990
    Rant justified.. It's stressful to have to come home to a house that needs more work than it did before you left.. I think it's important to let him know that this upset you because he just may not realize it. Otherwise you will get a repeat over and over again..

• Options

@MDKC14 That is so stressful!! I am sorry. What a crappy thing to have to deal with when you're so late in pregnancy. Not that it isn't crappy either way, you have to now try to switch to a doctor you aren't really familiar with. Ugh. I am the same way, if I ask DH to do something I want it done right then and there. I am not accepting of the fact that it doesn't always happen. I am so not patient when I ask to have something done. I ended up giving our dog a bath the other night even though I was exhausted physically and mentally and just needed sleep because it had been 30 minutes since I asked DH to do it and he hadn't moved yet. *eye roll*

• Options
    @AdorkablePixie I try not to do that with my DH because I feel like the reason he's built up a "I will do it on my own time" response is because his mom always insists on things being done right that second. I don't want to be that person. I would rather let him do it a bit later or even the next day  (unless it's something really urgent, in which case I will ask him to do it by a specific time).

• Options
    edited November 2018
    @barristerninja that must be really difficult for YH dealing with his mom's odd/ distant behavior. Maybe there's something going on you don't know about because he doesn't want you to know or be upset?  I agree I wouldn't push it, but maybe try to bring it up in a round about way to encourage him gently? I'm sorry. 

@katy0990 definitely justified to rant! I would be majorly frustrated too.  There is so much on our to do lists, and I'm making progress on my list but hubby won't to anything unless I ask and bug him a thousand times.  Hence I become a "nag".  Just do the damn things on your list without me having to tell you!  Ugh.  They really don't get it sometimes.   

Sorry, went on my own rant there!

@clbness and @echo-charlietango I'm sorry you've been thinking about late term loss.  It's always in the back of my mind, but I try to remind myself it's very unlikely. 

1) How far along are you?
    32+2

2) Any appointment updates?
    Biweekly appointments have begun. Nothing exciting to report. 

3) RantsRaves/Questions/DearDiary?
    I'm STILL not on DH's health insurance.  It's been a MONTH.  The women at his HR gave him the wrong forms initially.  And then he had to wait until the start of a new pay period. And THEN he didn't want to call and follow up because he insisted they were "taking care of it". Well I called and they, in fact, haven't done ANYTHING and the insurance company still haven't received any paperwork.  I told DH he needs to stay on top of these people and call every day because at this rate I will have the baby before I'm on his insurance! Ugh!

4) GTKY: Has your SO been awesome lately? Why or why not?
    It's hit or miss.  Some days he's helpful and on top of things and super sweet, but some days I think he forgets I'm pregnant and we are having a baby in less than 2 months.  I really don't like feeling like I have to tell him every 5 minutes to help me with stuff.
  • Options
    @mcgeeva  I am very sorry for your loss! I am also sorry that your husband has not been helpful. What do they mean they are full? Isn’t there an on call doc? That is craziness!
  • Options
    @katy0990 thanks! Well all schedule csections are scheduled but considering I’m high risk I was hoping they would work it out so I wouldn’t have to have a rush c again. Going to press next wed

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    @mcgeeva Good luck! I have the option of a RCS and I was told I can schedule it later on because they always have to have availability. I just may not get the time or doctor I want, if I want a specific day.
  • Options
    @mcgeeva im so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather.  It really stinks that your in-laws are not being helpful. Even more so that your husband seems to be dealing with everything pretty poorly. I hope the rib pain and nausea ease up on you, and that they can get you scheduled for a C-section. Fingers crossed your husband comes to terms with whatever he's dealing with and snaps out of it.
  • Options

@mcgeeva I am sorry for you loss!

@scaredunprepared That is so frustrating! I hope the insurance situation gets figured out soon.