Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Weekend 11/3 - 11/4

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length:

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Weekend 11/3 - 11/4

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 24/8

Timing: -3, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 9-12

Testing: in a few days

R/R: rant/ my progesterone came back pretty low at 6.22 and estradiol at 115. I’m a little disappointed but relieved to have proof to back up my symptoms. Now just waiting to hear back from fertility np. Rave/ it’s the weekend!! 

CS/Q: my temp has not gone back up much but it’s holding so I’m hopeful.  I also ended up coverless again this morning which may be contributing. 

• Options
    @mamanbebe sorry to hear about your results. Hoping things turn for the better for you!

Month/Cycle: 16/15

CD/DPO: 32/7

Timing: -4, -3, -2, 0

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: if I have the courage, next week on Friday

R/R: just getting ready this morning for our day at the raptor event :) Did I mention before that this place is where DH and I got married? We even had these birds out on display during our cocktail hour! Well worth the extra money to do that. DH and I got pictures with all of them. Did you know bald eagles make a more click chirp than the loud "caw!" sounds you hear in the movies?

CS/Q: none
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Have fun today! We have some bald eagles that nest around here and they are pretty majestic to see/hear in flight :) 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23:  I think seeing all these birds sounds fascinating (although, honestly, I'm always nervous around large birds....)

@mamanbebe:  glad you got some answers, and hope that you can get some feedback/help!
  • Options
    Happy weekend, ladies! 

@mamanbebe I'm sorry the test results were disappointing, but hopefully now that you have answers, you and your doc can come up with a plan moving forward.  
    @inthewoods23 have a great time at your event!  

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 28/8

Timing: -5, -4, -2, -1(DH asked if we HIO this weekend would it increase our chances.  Back to Reproduction 101 for him.  Seriously going to make him watch some YouTube videos.  I love the man, but I'm getting tired of explaining how this works over and over again!)

Typical LP length: 11-14 days

Testing: Next week, probably Thursday or Friday.  FF recommends Thursday (predicted CD1), but I'd rather wait until Friday if I can so that I have the weekend to process my feelings no matter what the results.

R/R: There was a water main break two houses down from us last night, so we had to go without running water most of the evening.  Thankfully it can back on around 11 so we can shower, do laundry, etc. today.  Our town really does a good job responding to these situations and the police doing traffic detail couldn't have been nicer.  Looking forward to homemade pizza and chocolate chip cookies tonight! I just realized my raves seem to revolve around my dinner. Ha. Debating if I should indulge in a small glass of wine since I'm more than half way through my LP.  

CS/Q: My temps are still up and pretty stable, so I'm feeling good about that at the moment.  I'm not sure if I should be looking for them to trend upward again or not?  From what I have seen/read it seems like as long as temps are about the CL, it's good (please correct me if I'm wrong since I'm still new at this!).  I am actually feeling really normal right now, so it's basically impossible to SS.  That's actually kind of a relief. 

• Options
    @emeraldduchess I'm glad your temps are staying up, I agree that as long as it stays above coverline you are good. Beyond that, patterns can all vary from person to person. Keeping my FX for you! 
  • Options
    Cycle:  5
    CD/DPO:  23/2
    Timing:  meh
    Typical LP length:  11-12
    Testing:  Wait for AF
    R/R:  All rave - at a committee meeting for a professional organization this weekend; loving working with friends from all over, and being in a fun city for the weekend!
    CS/Q:  No temping this cycle, nothing fun to see.  
  • Options
    I’ll be back with tags once my day slows down!

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 23/9

Timing: -2, -1

Typical LP length: maybe 10-11ish

Testing: going back and forth..currently WFAF

R/R: happy weekend! I couldn’t resist and I temped this morning. Nothing awesome to report, just more mountain ranges. I also broke down this morning and treated myself to a regular coffee. It was so darn good. I’ve also been eating mini chocolate bars like crazy. I’ve fallen off the deep end! Must be a sign AF is coming. My work event was so much fun last night! I’m glad I pushed myself to go..in quite the homebody, but I needed to socialize a bit

CS/Q: nah
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I'm the same way about testing. I could probably test anytime during the week next week but I'm too afraid of getting that BFN right before I have to go to work for 8 hours. Half of the mornings AF has shown up I've cried and needed DH to calm me down so I can function for the day.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @mamanbebe Sorry about the test results.

@inthewoods23 DH and I *love* birds, that is SO awesome about your wedding and having the live predator birds there. Have you watched The Big Year? I feel only bird lovers like that movie, it was so poorly rated, but we love it.

@emeraldduchess Solidarity on having to explain the process to DH over and over and over, and OMG JUST GOOGLE IT. Damnit. 

@montee1917 Happy weekend!

@lcking82 Glad you love your job so much. :)

Month/Cycle: 3/3
    CD/DPO:  CD16, 4DPO
    Timing: -4, -2, O
    Typical LP length: 14 days
    Testing: Will probably test around 10DPO. We'll be on vacay for the wedding, but DH unfortunately has to turn around and head out on a work trip 3 hours after we land home (GJ Dept of State) and leave for a week, so I'd rather he be with me when I test. 
    R/R: I'm not temping this cycle, and kinda wishing I was. I suck at temping, I never remember. But my body is really off recently (lack of BC is really effing with me emotionally too) and I feel like temping would give me some more control... ugh, I dunno.
    CS/Q: How many of you still take nominal caffeine in the TWW? I only drink tea, not coffee, which is significantly less than in caffeine so I permit myself 2 or 3 cups in a day (and I'm usually reusing a tea bag at least once for those). But I did have a Starbucks refresher yesterday and again today (because threw a party for a friend today and I'm effing wiped). And feel super bad about it, even though a refresher is less than a cup of coffee and I had no other caffeine today... :/

• Options
    @mamanbebe sorry to hear about your results. Hope you’re able to get something to help it along quick.

@emeraldduchess men are pretty clueless. I say treat yourself! I had a glass of white wine last night and it was delicious.

@inthewoods23  hope your event was lots of fun!

@foodislove this is the first cycle I cut caffeine. I used to drink between 2-3 cups of coffee a day...and every now and then I’ll treat myself to a decaf. 

• Options
    @foodislove I LOVE The Big Year!! I thought it was so fantastic!
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I love hearing Hubbies ask questions like that! My DH used to be clueless but now he's a bit better. I actually have read online that HIO during the TWW can help your chances but I haven't found any credible sources ... 

@foodislove I'm also cutting back on caffeine. Some days I'm still like "screw it" and have some coffee but I can't drink hardly a full cup before I feel guilty and can't enjoy it anyway. Solidarity!! 

Sorry I wasn't on here much this week. Bad TTC week, and as always the TWW has turned me into a ball of crazy. 

Month/cycle: 5

CD/DPO: 22, 7dpo.

Timing: not great due to travel. But if I'm right about my O, then we had -2 and 0.

Typical LP length: 9-12

Testing: Not going to think about it.

R/R: More work travel this week. This I'm actually okay with because it *might* take my mind off WFAF. 

CS/Q: nothing crazy, I'll post tomorrow! 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 24/10

Timing: -2,-1

Typical LP length: best guess 10

Testing: nope

R/R: spotting started this morning so I’m certain I’m out. If AF holds off until tomorrow that makes for an LP of 10. I’m pretty sure I’ve got some progesterone issues but that’s really just a self diagnosis. We might just miss FW next cycle too..ah well. At least I get to spend around cycle here with you ladies! 

CS/Q: chart in spoiler 

• Options
    @jennifer_louise I'm sorry last week was a tough one for TTC. Good luck with all your traveling next week!
    @montee1917 I'm sorry about the spotting and that AF seems to be right around the corner. :( 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 29/9

Timing: -5, -4, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 11-14 days

Testing: Not for a few more days.

R/R: Nothing for today.  

CS/Q: My temp went up this morning, but I am not going to read into that because it was actually an hour later due to daylight savings.  I hadn't really thought ahead about whether or not that might affect my chart.  I've been googling everything else, don't why I didn't think ahead.

• Options
    @montee1917 sorry about the spotting. I'm with you on the short LP. It was 9 last time. And likewise I have diagnosed myself with a problem too :) 

@emeraldduchess Yay for another temp rise!! I'm hopeful for you!! 
  • Options
    Note to self - don't look at the "what does a positive pregnancy test look like" thread when you're in your TWW window. Now that's going to be on my mind the rest of the night and drive you crazy.

Whoops! I will do my best not to test early this week!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 20/IDK

Timing: IDK

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: Trying to wait for AF

R/R: We had a fun football get together with a ton of friends last night that was super fun!! Rant though would be cleaning up afterwards today & the weather not conducive to starting to get the yard ready for Christmas decor!! We go crazy with the outside stuff so it takes a couple of weeks to get it all up, and we wanted to start today but it was rainy & windy. 

CS/Q: I started ovulation strips 4 days before I typically ovulate, & they were pretty dark making me think I was going to get a positive the next day, but they just kept getting lighter. I’m guessing I ovulated right before I tested? I’ve not experienced this yet while TTC so I have no idea what to expect for the rest of my cycle. Cervical checks also I think confirmed I o’d early. So will AF likely come early?
  • Options
    @bumptink Ahhh Christmas decor!! I tried to start (just a couple lights only, hubby, I  promise) but the weather was too rainy and I couldn't find the boxes with the lights... Ah well... Did you take OPK once a day or 2x? The first cycle I used them I didn't get a positive either, but the next cycle I took them 2x a day, 12 hours apart. I got a positive, but only once! Some ladies (such as myself) get a super fast surge that would be possible to miss if you only tested once a day. 
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise I do like 3 per day 😜
    I’ve used them successfully in previous months but was just so thrown off by them being almost positive 4-5 days early!! I usually watch them get darker before a positive & lighter afterwards so I think I caught it right after. We BD once the day before but had skipped a couple of nights so I’m feeling like we missed this time. Just wondering when to expect AF.