Infertility

November 2018 IUI

Re: November 2018 IUI

• @crookshanks10 no I don't but I do have an anonymous gardening account! What I didn't realize when I made it is that it was going to suggest to my other insta network to follow it so just be aware of that.  

Happy Halloween ladies! 

@ispi good luck with injections tonight.  Have you done them before? 
    Me 32 DH 36, Married 12/2013, TTC Since 9/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained 
    2 IVFs, 8 IUIs (2 Clomid, 6 Injectables)
    Nov '16: TI Clomid- 2 Follicles, BFN 
    Dec '17: IUI Clomid- 1 Follicle, BFN 
    Jan '17: TI Clomid - 1 Follicle, BFN 
    Feb '17: IUI Clomid - 1Follicle, BFN
    Mar '17: IUI Inject - Canceled (Cyst) 
    Jun '17: IVF Antagonist, 13ER, 10Fert (5ICSI, 5Nat)  - No Blasts, 1 D5T, BFN
    Sep '17: IVF Antagonist, 14 ER, 4 Fert (All ICSI) - 2 D3T, BFN
    Nov '17: IUI Inject - 4 Follicles, BFN
    Dec '17: Laparoscopy Endo - Neg (No Endo)
    Feb '18: IUI Inject - 4 Follicles, BFN 
    June '18: IUI Inject - 5 Follicles, BFP -> CP 
    Aug '18: IUI Inject - 1 Follicle, BFP -> Ectopic 
    Sep '18: IUI Inject - 7 Follicles, No Trigger, Missed O, BFN
    Currently on BCP to gear up for Nov '18 IUI 
  • @cxsimo08 I made sure not to link my contacts or anything like that so hopefully it doesn’t do that haha. That would defeat the purpose! I’d be happy to be “out” but my DH isn’t at that point yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cxismo08 @crookshanks10 I have never heard of this anonymous insta before! I will check it out. & this will be my second month of injections. They're easy-peasy.
  • Introduction/DX: Hello, this is my first post, but I was so happy to find a group online of ladies that I can relate to. I am 39, and I was diagnosed POI/DOR about 4 years ago. I got married last year, and DH and I are about to start a second cycle with RE. It would be so nice to have others to talk to because I am finding out that my sisters and some friends can’t really relate.

IUI number: 2

IUI protocol: Clomid and Ovidrel

Date of planned IUI: Second week of November, based on US results

Testing: I have very low AMH, high FSH, but I am still producing follicles on US. So DH and I would like to conceive with my eggs rather than donor eggs. I have also just started using Ovusense, an internal temperature monitor to track BBT. 

R/R: I had two large follicles last cycle, and I got my hopes up so much! I was on E2 for my lining, so the TWW was brutal because I felt so many symptoms. But BFN. On to a new cycle, but I am really looking forward to talking to this group and sharing our experiences. Does anyone have frustrations with DH not being as willing to go through fertility treatments? The SA alone seemed like enough for him! 

I hope that everyone has a good evening! 

• Also, how the heck do I change my profile picture?
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    edited November 2018

@crookshanks10 If I had an anonymous Instagram I would totally follow you! But I rarely go on Instagram, maybe once a month lol. I saw your update over on TTGP. What were you follicle sizes from your previous cycles on CD13?

@ispi I love that you went to your baseline in your Halloween costume!

@annierose3 Welcome! It looks like you figured out how to change your picture. I know what you mean about getting your hopes up and then being crushed. I am so worried that my hopes are getting too high, I’m forgetting about all the statistics. I’m convinced this is going to work… but the higher the hopes, the farther you fall, right?

This clomid is making me bloated! And emotional. Tonight is my last dose so hopefully I’ll start feeling better soon. Anyone else struggling with clomid side effects right now?

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 My first cycle they were at 19 and 21 and my second cycle it was at 18. I had 6 days of spotting last cycle so I wonder if that's why. Clomid is the devil girl. Hopefully the side effects subside for you soon. 
  • Thank you thank you for the welcome @LJMoon6 I am sorry to hear that you are feeling bloated on the Clomid. I was bracing myself last month but I only felt a little fatigued.  The E2 definitely made me bloated though! I am starting clomid 100 mg on Sunday. @sarahtothea It sounds like we are doubt the same protocol sound the same time! I am keeping FX for all of you in this group. 
  • Ughhh, sorry for the typos. I am trying to figure out the text boxes in this app, and apparently not doing a good job!
  • @annierose3 Welcome! I hope IUI #2 works for you! Isn't it funny how DHs are so dramatic when they actually get to do the fun part? Meanwhile we're spread eagle for anyone and everyone every other week! LOL. Hopefully your DH comes around (:
  • Hahahaha @crookshanks10 you are SO right! DH doesn’t really seem to get all that I have done so far. And I was going to the RE for a few years considering freezing eggs before we met and got married! I am sorry that everyone is going through this, but I have to say that I am glad to be here with you all. 
  • @crookshanks10 I don't really have any insight to your slow growing follicles... but I did read a study (of course now I can't find it) that said the longer your follicular phase is the higher your odds of success (specifically for medicated IUI cycles). So maybe it's a good thing?
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• So, I had a feeling my body wasn’t going to wait until tonight to start ovulating so I took an OPK, even though my RE said I don’t need to, and it was positive. Facepalm. I called the RE on call and ended up having to trigger by myself for the first time. IUI has been moved to tomorrow at 11. SHEESH! 
  • Oh boy @crookshanks10... well good thing you didn't listen to your RE and tested yourself. Would've stunk to miss out on your timing. My RE also told me not to do opks and I indeed missed out on my ovulation for IUI. Luckily we BD that weekend but still mad I missed out on the trigger and IUI. Very disapointing.... I have to wait until my beta on 11/11 or if AF comes to know if it worked. If it didn't then will be switching to femara and do IUI at the end of this month. 
     How are the rest of you ladies feeling ? Any updates?
  • @crookshanks10 @bobella22 how are they monitoring you and scheduling the timing of IUI if they aren’t recommending LH strips. Those have not been reliable for me. My last cycle when I went in for my US CD13 one follicle was 24 mm and another was slightly smaller, so they had me trigger that night. How are they timing your IUI?
  • @annierose3 my RE does not recommend opks as well, mainly because with PCOS it is faulty. For example before I even got started, I would get multiple positive opks over the spread of 100 days (time between each af). I just go to the office for us and blood work, they haven’t missed it yet. 
  • @annierose3 So this time at my mid-cycle scan (Thurs) my lining looked great but my follicles were at 16.6 and 14.6 and they said they wanted them to grow more so to trigger Sat night. I know it’s crazy but when my follicles are mature on my left side I can feel it and I just knew I would start the process before then, which is why I did the OPK! My other 2 IUI cycles my follicles have been ready so I’ve triggered that night, had IUI about 36 hours later and all was well. This is a first for me but I’m really glad I followed my gut! 
  • @crookshanks10 I am SO excited for you and I am so glad that you knew your body so well that you thought to do the OPK. What was your protocol this cycle? The TWW seems like such a long time, but it will be so nice to talk to you all and get through that time. I read “It starts with the egg” by Rebecca Fett recently, and it was filled with the latest research about supplements and lifestyle changes to improve egg quality and outcomes. I have made some changes, and I wanted to mention it because I thought it was so helpful.  I am starting up Clomid again tomorrow.  Where is everyone else at so far this cycle? 
  • @annierose3 Thank you! I’m ready to get this show on the road lol. I did Letrozole CD 5-9! I’m also adding in the progesterone suppositories 3dpo. I hope this cycle is it for you! 🙏🏼
  • @crookshanks10 I'm so glad you followed your gut! That's one thing I've learned from you guys is that you have to listen to your own bodies and follow your instincts and advocate for your self. How was doing the trigger by yourself? You're a champ! Why did they want you to trigger if you already had an LH surge? That seems redundant. I'm glad you were able to get in on a Sunday tho. Keep us posted on how today goes!

Going in for my CD11 scan tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I'm hoping for only 2 mature follies but I think I'd be ok with just one, especially for this first IUI. 
    What is everyones opinion on coffee during this process? I've tried to cut it out in the past but my headaches get really bad. 
    *TW* TTC history

• @crookshanks10 good luck today, I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Let us know how it goes. I am really hopeful for you. 🙂
    @LJMoon6 I hope that you have some good, mature follicles on your scan! I am an admitted coffee addict, so I hear you! I ‘try’ to limit it to one cup a day, but it is so hard! I have read that keeping it under 200 mg a day is best. But I have read other conflicting reports. Has anyone cut out gluten or dairy? Made any other changes? Where is everyone else at in their cycle? I am feeling hopeful again, so it is hard to be patient and wait for all of the steps in the cycle. 
    @sarahtothea how are you doing?
  • @annierose3 Funny you should ask about cutting out gluten and dairy cause I've been thinking of doing this for a while. My allergist actually suggested it (I've had this constant post nasal drip for 5 years now that wont go away). But I've been too chicken to try it. I don't think there'd be anything left for you to eat! Gluten and dairy are in everything! I do know I need to change my diet regardless. I'm terrible. Although I do only drink one cup of coffee a day. I have wondered if all this, infertility, hostile cm, and post nasal drip, is due to my poor diet. But then there are people who treat their bodies even worse but still end up KU... so idk. Anyways, my aunt is a dietitian so I've been thinking of asking her for some help. If she has anything useful to suggest I'll make sure to share with you guys.
    *TW* TTC history

• @LJMoon6 Yes! We all definitely have to go with our instinct because most of the time it’s right! The trigger shot wasn’t bad at all! I just shake in general and when my anxiety gets going it gets worse but I made it through haha. Hopefully we don’t have to do anymore 🤞🏼 From what I’ve read if you get a natural surge then do the trigger it just aids in ovulation. FX for your scan tomorrow! I would start tapering off of caffeine. My doctor told me today after I asked. Also, no alcohol 😩

@annierose3 Thank you!
  • Does your RE do the trigger and then the booster 1 weeks later? I think it’s also supposed to help aid implantation.. they did 7000 at trigger and remaining 3000 the following week
  • @ispi I just do a 10,000 unit trigger! Haven't heard about doing 2 before!
  • Well my US yesterday threw me off. I was expecting more growth from my follicles but I guess CD11 is still pretty early. I had 6 measurable follies. The biggest was a 12 and the rest were 11, 10, and 9. I go in again tomorrow morning. How many should I expect to keep growing? 6 is so many... but I wouldn't expect them all to grow. I was also disappointed to find out my lining was still pretty thin, at 4.6. I'm hoping it thickens up for tomorrow. With this being my first monitor cycle, I have no idea what's normal. 
    *TW* TTC history

• Hey ladies how are you all feeling?
       @annierose3 my dr. Usually relies on bloodwork to determine ovulation however we missed it this month. As far as changes... I started going back to the gym, I've cut down on the coffee but I love it so much I still have a cup in the morning. (Not 2 or 3) lol. 
    @ispi I've never heard of doing a booster after trigger. Hmmm maybe I can ask my RE next time I go in. When you going back? 
    @crookshanks10 hoping this IUI is your month. These 2 weeks are the worst. 
     @cxsimo08 any news? 
    @LJMoon6 good luck with your first IUI. 
    Still on my 2ww.... longest ever. Since I ovulated before IUI for end of Oct, I am pretty sure It's not going to happen so am just waiting for the wicked witch to show up so I can start femara already.
    @sarahtothea how you feeling?
  • Hey all! AF finally came! It feels weird to be excited about that lol! I called my doctors office and they will be calling with when I should schedule my US. So excited to be able to try again this cycle!!!

@annierose3 Hello! Wow that's awesome that we have the same protocol and about the same timing it seems ! I'm starting clomid today so I'm only just a few days behind you! ^^ FX for you too!!!

@crookshanks10 Oh man, good thing you know your body so well!!!! FX for youuu!!!
    History: *TW Loss*

Me: 31

DH: 27

D/X: Unexplained Infertility- Unexplained Recurrent Loss

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

Feb IUI- Loss @ 7 weeks... Euploid Male

May IUI: TBD

• @LJMoon6 I have only had 1-2 mature follicles each cycle, but everyone is different. Hopefully you'll have at least 1-2 good ones! On what days did you take your clomid? 
  • @crookshanks10 I took it cd4-7. I'm going to guess that not all of them will continue to grow and be considered mature, but I don't know for sure... guess I'll find out tomorrow morning. 
    *TW* TTC history

• @LJMoon6 Hopefully you'll get good news tomorrow! (: I know how it is, every appointment, every scan is stressful. You're doing all you can though. I can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • @bobella22 not really, but thanks for asking. I'm still having major cyst pain and backaches from this massive guy.  It's actually hurting on my left side too now (tennis ball cyst was on the right) so not sure what that is but I'm not ovulating so I don't think it's ovulation pain - honestly unsure.  I requested my doctor to let me come in and she agreed so I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow.  Praying this cyst goes down - I REALLY need to work out for my mental sanity (and DH's) ;-) How are you doing? 

• @LJMoon6 I had two 22-24 mm follicles on one ovary, and a couple tiny ones on my other at my last mid cycle US, I am really not sure how many follicles is ‘normal’ at that time. I am probably not the best to judge because my AMH is dreadfully low, so I am reading up on IVF just to prepare myself. 

@sarahtothea so good to hear from you! Yay! It is a good feeling to know that you are officially starting your cycle. For me, it feels like I am finally taking action with the RE. Are you on Clomid Day 5-9? 

@crookshanks10 where are you at in your TWW? How have you been doing? Staying occupied?

@bobella22 last cycle there was no follow up blood work or US to confirm ovulation, so I was left wondering the 2WW, and it didn’t work out. Thank you for telling me that. I will ask when I go for my US. 

@cxsimo08 I am sorry to hear about your cyst. Is waiting it out all you can do? I hope that you feel better soon. 

AFM, 
    I am thinking positive thoughts for all of you ladies!
    I started Clomid again Sunday, and I will have my US this Sunday. DH seems waaay more on board with the whole process, so that makes me feel much better. I am really hoping that I respond as well as last month, and things will work out. I am just trying to stay occupied in the mean time. 

• @crookshanks10 or anyone else, why would they still have you trigger is you had a poss lh surge?

I went in for my baseline today and I’m nervous because they don’t have me coming back until day 12 which is the same day that I should ovulate according to my app. So I’m wondering if we are going to miss timing for iui this month. 
  • @annierose3 3dpo! It's going to be a long 2 weeks haha. I definitely just try to stay busy to keep my mind off everything! This is our busy season at work, there's still organizing to do at our house, and I'm hosing a Christmas party the first weekend of December so I'm just trying to focus on those! (: Time never passes as slow as it does in the TWW haha. I hope Clomid treats you kind this cycle and you get good follicles! 

@mooret1118 If you get your natural surge prior to triggering, they ask you to trigger just to aid with ovulation. It helps ensure you drop all follicles! It doesn't extend your ovulation. 

• Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I am on day 8 of my cycle, injections for 7 days. I went in and they aren't budging, so they are going to increase the meds. I go back Saturday, so hopefully they move. I am just cringing at the amount they cost (ins does not cover meds).
  • @ispi So my RE has never mentioned injectables, though I know alot of folks here use them. What exactly do injectables do? I have heard that they are quite expensive.. :( I wish insurance covered more for infertility. Our lives and this journey would be a lot easier
  • @LJMoon6 how did it go today?  The sizes you mentioned above are still early.  Remind me- are you doing Clomid or injectables? With Clomid I was told to expect 1-2, with injectables you can have many follicles (it's the same stuff they use for IVF).  They try to control this by monitoring with blood and US and lowering or changing your dosage accordingly.  A good question to find out is if your estrogen is in line with the number of follicles on the screen.  So if you have 6 follicles but your estrogen is only 300, then maybe it's closer to 3 with a  couple of cysts or slower growing ones.  

@ispi what's your dosage now and how many follies do you have at what measurement? 

AFM- went in for monitoring today and cyst seems to have shrank a little.  It's now 4cm instead of 5+ so going in the right direction (yay).  Doctor also cleared me to start exercising again so I can finally stop losing my mind!  Lining looks good and I have a follicle on the left (opposite side of the cyst). I could actually feel it growing on the left so all good news there- FX I will ovulate and then I can go for IUI next cycle.  Waiting for bloodwork but hoping it's in line with all good things :) 

• @cxsimo08 I'm glad your cyst is shrinking.. that's great news! Sounds like things are lining up! (:
  • Introduction/DX: 37y/o married DH36. I'm new to this board. So far the infertility is unexplained.  Did two rounds with clomid and one IUI, so far. I'm really hating the progesterone or P4 they put me on afterwards. Everything hurts and I feel like a blimp.

IUI number: 2

IUI protocol: clomid days 5-9, ovidrel, then estrogen and progesterone after

Date of planned IUI: Most likely Nov 16th, if things are going well.

Testing:Had 2 RSA about 2 years ago and nothing since. My prolactin level was high, so had brain MRI that was normal and now on bromocriptine. I think the elevated prolactin is due to my schedule flipping a lot. Other than that blood work and testing have been normal.

R/R: Had baseline appt yesterday and everything looked good. Here I go again.