June 2019 Moms

Group 1 Check-in (week of June 1- June 7) week of 10/22

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? 

Re: Group 1 Check-in (week of June 1- June 7) week of 10/22

• Due date/W+D: 5th June/7w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): brookesia micra chameleon 

Any appointments? Questions?: OB on Thursday 

Rants/Raves?: these hormones are wreaking havoc with my moods! I think I’ve broken down in tears at least once a day for the last week! Haha

How are you feeling?: no nausea, food aversions or fatigue. Boobs killing, considering moving my desk into the toilet I’m peeing so much and this acne means I have to wash my face at least twice a day to keep it smooth. 

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? How much have I won? 😉 pay off all my debt and then go on a skiing holiday, maybe live the good life of being a snow bum for a few years before returning to my normal life in time for this bean to go to school 

• Due date/W+D: June 5th / 7W5D

Baby is the size of a(n): Headphone earbud

Any appointments? Questions?: First OB appointment is 11/5 (2 more weeks - ugh!). I will be seeing my endocrinologist on 11/12 - they checked my TSH and T4 and my levels were not ideal so they upped my synthroid dosage.

Rants/Raves?: Rant - Monday.. nuff said. Rave - My ILs are coming into town this weekend! We'll be telling my parents and ILs this weekend and I am SO excited!!!! It's been really hard to keep my mouth shut, especially with my mom as she lives with us.

How are you feeling?: Good - no majorly awful symptoms yet. My stomach has been a little uneasy this weekend. Not sure if this is a little bit of MS or just my nerves getting the best of me.

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? Honestly, no idea. The amount of money is unfathomable to me. 

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: June 7th, 7w+3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Any appointments? Questions?: First OB appointment this week! On Thursday.

Rants/Raves?: Commiserating with @wiseh this week. Allllll the acne and it’s driving me insane. 

How are you feeling?: Decent! Not too much nausea. But still plenty of fatigue and definitely already feeling the round ligament pain this time around 😩

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? Pay off all our debt, donate to a worthy cause, give to family and friends, put away for our kids’ futures, buy our first home, and travel. 

• luckystar28luckystar28 member
    edited October 2018

Due date/W+D: June 3rd, 8 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): Kidney bean 

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment tomorrow... yay! 

Rants/Raves?: This nausea is making me miserable 

How are you feeling?: I’m struggling. I am so sick and tired with body aches. Like the flu on crack with nausea. I don’t know how much longer I can take this. 

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? Celebrate! haha but really, we would definitely turn to our financial advisor first to see what we are spending and what we are saving/investing 

• Due date/W+D: June 2nd, 8+1

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment is 11/20 and I need to schedule my first trimester screening

Rants/Raves?: I'm with @wiseh and @srscott3 sooooo much acne. I'm like a hormonal teenager over here. When does that "pregnancy glow" kick in??? 

How are you feeling?: I thought I knew what exhaustion felt like until now. I had to take naps by 9:30 am both Saturday and Sunday. Other than that, not too bad - just sore boobs and mild food aversions. 

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? Oh man, this lottery is so much money that I'm not even sure I can wrap my head around it. Definitely would buy houses in a couple of cool locations and then do some traveling. And start a college fund because who knows how much it'll cost by the time this LO attends  :D

• Due date/W+D: 7+4

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Any appointments? Questions?: This week!! Wednesday! Super excited. So excited. Kind of nervous too though. 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I'm joining the club of teenage acne. WHY ??? I have really oily skin and follow a strict regime but lately it hasn't been helping. Last pregnancy I had the glow. I want the glow back now. 

How are you feeling?: Less nausea yesterday and today. I'm hoping it continues to improve and not get worse. 

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? Gosh, so many things. Retire if I could. Pay off our house. Build a pool and pool garage (is that a thing?) right now. Travel to Europe. Pay of family debt. And invest so we had a nice nest egg to retire on and money for our kids college. Now I really want to win the lottery  ;)

• Due date/W+D: June 4th 7w7d

Baby is the size of a(n): keyboard key

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment tomorrow. It was supposed to be Wednesday but apparently the Dr I was scheduled with doesn't take Tricare, so I can't see them. Super weird. .

Rants/Raves?: so out of breath.

How are you feeling?: Fine. I'm so nervous about my appointment tomorrow, I think I have my first ultrasound and I've just not felt pregnant (because I never do) besides being tired and out of breath.

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? Go on my lottery dream home. Lol I love that show.

• Due date/W+D: 8 + 1

Any appointments? Questions: Had an impromptu appt today because of some spotting. Everything okay though. Next appt 11/8

Rants/Raves?: Rant: So. Done. With. Nausea. Ugh I just want to not find the taste of my own mouth gross.

How are you feeling?: Nauseous and tired. I’ve been sleeping so much.

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? Probably some practical things like pay off my house. I’d probably establish education funds for my kiddo-to-be and my niece. Maybe we’d buy a vacation house or something. Gosh, who knows? The lottery is pretty ridiculous right now. 

• Due date/W+D: June 3rd, 8 weeks

Any appointments? Questions?: US this Wednesday then an OB appointment right after. 

Rants/Raves?: the nausea seems to be way less so I'm enjoying that. I feel like I'm a grease ball though.

How are you feeling?: pretty good aside from some moodiness. 

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? I would give some to all my family. Then put some in college funds for the kids. Then invest some. 

• jhems776jhems776 member
    edited October 2018

Due date/W+D: June 5th, 7w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Tic Tac

Any appointments? Questions?: Tomorrow! It will be my first one.

Rants/Raves?: Belly is just big enough pants are uncomfortable, the hair tie works on some but not too well on others. I hate this just feeling and looking fatter time, cannot wait for a legit bump. 

How are you feeling?: I am on high anxiety. My symptoms like nausea, fatigue and vivid dreams have all but disappeared.  I started mildly cramping since Saturday. That with a lighter pee stick which really sent me into a bad place.  My husband was not helpful and basically thinks I'm crazy.  We got into a pretty good fight that still has not been resolved. I'm so hurt and disappointed in him. I am really feeling 65/35 I'm having a missed miscarriage.  My symptoms used to be so so so strong. I'll find out tomorrow.    

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? We were just talking about this.  Buy a house, set aside college funds, buy my family member's houses, and invest the rest, giving myself a set amount a year. Either start a charity or donate enough to be a board member of another. 

• @jhems776 most of my symptoms have disappeared as well so try not to worry too much. ❤ I will be thinking of you.
  • @jhems776 I have next to no symptoms either. And I didn't have much with my first. I know some ladies have really bad MS, but it is equally as normal to not. 

• Due date/W+D: June 7th, 7+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Macaroni noodle before it's been cooked. So specific! :)

Any appointments? Questions?: First appointment this Friday. So excited and nervous at the same time. Last time was a mmc, so all I can think about is seeing baby's heartbeat! I'm trying positive visualization which has helped.

Rants/Raves?: Nausea! I go back and forth between wanting to eat everything in front of me and not being able to eat one bite. I've thrown up a few times now, so I'm trying to figure out which foods trigger it. I've taken a break from prenatal vitamins as they seem to worsen it. I'll take one today since I was able to eat a healthy lunch.

How are you feeling?: pretty good aside from some nervousness

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? Pay off our loans, save some for kids college, then donate the rest to charity!

• Due date/W+D: June 7/7+3 or 6+7...TBD at my next appt

Baby is the size of a(n): cranberry. DH has been very entertained by the fact that all of these size comparisons are food.

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my first US last week, where the tech said the size and heartbeat meant I was probably 4 days less along than predicted by LMP. Which would make sense, since I didn't BFP until several days after expected AF, even with an early response test.

Rants/Raves?: Rave: it didnt rain even though it was predicted to! So I'm pretty excited about seeing the sun. Rant: we have horrible performance reviews at work (the process is horrible, not the feedback) and mine is this week. It always feels completely unnecessary because we dont get real feedback, and just makes me frustrated every time.

How are you feeling?: got all the moodiness, food aversions, and intermittent interest (and complete disinterest) in food.

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? Retire from my full time job and just keep my academic position. Do all kinds of renovations to my house and get a historic property I can go nuts with restoring. Set up a fund for college for my future kids and my brother's. Get the best possible care and home set up for my parents and ILs in a retirement community nearby. Invest enough that we can live on the interest alone. Then, with what is leftover, do active travel with DH, adopt a ton of  dogs, and do hands-on charity work and political advocacy. 

• Due date/W+D: June 7th/ 7w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Any appointments? Questions?: My next appointment isn’t until 11/14 at 10.5 weeks. Blah.

Rants/Raves?: I live in the desert so I haven’t had a real taste of fall. Until today! Its rainy and gloomy and I love it. 

How are you feeling?: I actually feel really good! I’m exhausted and have a massive blump (which is really challenging because one of my high school students asked me if I was pregnant and I was like 😐😐😐) but no real nausea unless I’m hungry. With DD I had nothing and then it hit me like a bus right around 8.5 weeks so I’m trying to enjoy it while it lasts. 

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? Invest, college funds for the kids, charity (I’d like to provide college scholarships to young mothers) and forever home.  

• @ibreemaboo are you taking elevit? I’ve read a lot of people get worsened morning sickness whilst taking it. I know we can’t give medical advice but my ob/gyn said “pregnancy multi vitamins” are a waste of money and all that we as pregnant women really need is the folic acid and an iron supplement. We should be able to get everything else from our diet. His exact comments were “people will market towards pregnant women because they will literally pay whatever you ask for something that they think will help them during their pregnancy”. I’m in Australia so not sure what’s available for you, but I was able to get high dose folic acid (5mg per tablet instead of 0.5mg per tablet) for ~$3USD which has 90 tablets in it! Might be worth asking your OB or even GP if this could be an option for you?
  • Due date/W+D: June 2nd/8w2d 

Baby is the size of a(n): rasberry

Any appointments? Questions?: I still have not had my first appointment. It will be on Nov. 1st (my OB/midwife does not take first visits until week 9 unless you have a pre-existing condition) and I am crossing my fingers that everything is going well. I feel like it's so hard to believe something is really growing inside of me and it will make it more real to see a heartbeat. 

Rants/Raves?: Rants - I am just exhausted all the time. I have been struggling with constipation since I found out I was pregnant and notice the nausea a bit more on days when I am not able to go to the bathroom in the morning. I am having serious food aversions - as in aversions to basically every food that has ever existed, so that has been really hard. Nothing tastes right :/ Raves - I just started Unit 6 of chemistry which is my favorite unit to teach (balancing and stoichiometry). 

How are you feeling?: Excited but nervous since I haven't had any sort of doctors appointment to confirm this is a viable pregnancy. Weirdly enough the people I wish I could tell I was pregnant the most are my students because I feel like they would be really understanding and less demanding and needy all the time. It has been hard to hide when I start to feel really sick, especially when I am lecturing. 

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? It is difficult for me to fathom that much money. Perhaps buy a couple more houses (beach house, mountain house), pay off my student loans, save a ton for my future children and me and DH, buy jewelry (I loooove some expensive jewelry), and basically continue living life as I am now. I would not be happy if I every stopped working. Working keeps me busy and sane. 

• @carleym93 I am also a high school teacher and curious as to when you are planning on telling the students? I was leaning towards after we come back from Christmas break? This is my first pregnancy. 
  • @jhems776 I am exactly the same, all symptoms stopped on Sunday and heaps of cramping (which is still ongoing) but we had an ultrasound yesterday which confirmed my little parasite has a heart that is still beating away at ~150bpm. Fingers crossed for you tomorrow ❤️❤️
  • @wiseh That is amazing! Your story gives me hope.  I will know at 3!  I've been flipping from optimistic (my normal state) to pessimistic every 15m today. 
  • @ravenclaw415 I think I’m going to tell them right before Christmas break. I’ll be well out of the first tri by then, and I think that’s all I’ll be able to wait. This is my second baby so I feel like I’m huge already and they’re going to start figuring it out soon. 
  • @jhems776 saw your ultrasound post! Yayyyyy!!!!!!
  • @jhems776 so glad that everything looks good for you! 

• Thank you!  Ah, it is crazy how different pregnancies can be. Now hopefully my anxiety will go down. The ultrasound seemed so fast. As I write this I remember why, with my son, the doc thought she saw a twin but couldn't focus on it (I really thought I saw it too) and had to have another doc come in a check. 
  • Due date/W+D: 6/7/19 - 7W5D

Baby is the size of a(n): earbud, apparently!

Any appointments? Questions?: first U/S this Friday. I’m so excited but don’t know how to tell my parents who are kinda old school and think because DH and I eloped we aren’t married

Rants/Raves?: I cannot maintain a NORMAL temperature while sleeping. I’m either a momsicle or a baked potato  

How are you feeling?: TBH pretty good  Spud is giving me heartburn but luckily David Bowie settles their shorts down when I get nauseous

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery?  

Buy a nice house for my husband, Spud and I. Renovate (top to bottom) my aunts house. Pay off my parents mortgage. Buy a nice little house for my brother. Put most of it away and donate a good chunk to my friends’ roller hockey project. 

• catmommaccatmommac member
    edited October 2018
    Ugh I was so sick that I missed this earlier

Due date/W+D: June 5 / 8 weeks 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n):  raspberry 

Any appointments? Questions?: none this week

Rants/Raves?:  we just accepted an offer on our house (only 7 days on the market!) and our offer was accepted on the new house. The stars aligned!

How are you feeling?:  so so sick. Nausea is kicking my butt this time around. I had a headache and low blood sugar for most of the day yesterday. Feel better so far today.

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery?  First: the logical thing, pay off the house, student loans, etc. I’d put a lot into the college savings accounts of DS and Kid 2. I’d love to pay off the mortgage of my parent’s cabin. Then splurges for the house: new furniture, etc. Pay for movers instead of begging friends with pizza. Also invest enough so we live off the interest. Oh and since we have lots of family all over the country, I’d love to pay for a vacation where we all could be in the same place together at the same time. Wooo!

• @carleym93 and @ravenclaw415  I'm a teacher too and my 5th graders already figured it out! I'm the resource room teacher so I only see them for short periods during the day but on Tuesday they were like "You don't really wear pants, do yo" and I could tell they were hinting so I just told them that I'm pregnant and my pants aren't really comfortable. I wear them with a bella band or use a hair tie, but dresses and leggings are so much more comfortable. When I said I was pregnant 3 of the girls were like "I KNEW IT!" It was pretty cute. 

I don't anticipate my younger students figuring it out until its obvious, but, with this being my second I already have more of a bump than just bloat. I like like I did with my son what I was like 14-15 weeks but I'm only 8w4d
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Due date/W+D: June 8 / 7 weeks + 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): playing dice

Any appointments? Questions?: I had first ultrasound & my final appointment with my RE yesterday. (They call it the "graduation" appointment; since it's now time for me to switch over to an OB/midwife.) My first OB intake appointment will be on the 8th.

Rants/Raves?: We got to see the baby's heartbeat yesterday! It was absolutely amazing -- I had been majorly stressing b/c of a lack of any major symptoms, so to know that everything is going well is a huge relief. It's pumping away at 172 bpm.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Still no morning sickness. Other than some increased heartburn (I've always had GERD, so that's not unsurprising) and fatigue, I don't really have any typical symptoms. Who know what will happen next week, though.

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? Because of my job (my company makes some of the machines that lotteries use), I'm actually not allowed to play the lottery. BUT if I could... I would probably just pay off all our debt/student loans, buy a house, and then save/invest the rest for retirement and education funds.

• Due date/W+D: June 6th - 8w + 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry!

Any appointments? Questions?: Just had our first OB appointment yesterday. Doctor was really sweet and spent a long time with us answering questions and giving us info. Plus, we got to see our little one for the first time :smile: Next one is coming up in 3 more weeks.

Rants/Raves?: Well, as a STM I had my hopes up that this pregnancy would be less stressful since I’d done it all once before, and that I could be more active since I’m fitter this time around with more gym access and a more flexible work schedule..... so wrong. Instead I’m on a modified bed rest for a SCH and can’t workout at all (only very gentle walking) can’t have sex either, and the whole pregnancy is in kind of a “let’s wait and see” limbo. So.... trying to be hopeful, but honestly feeling pretty hormonal, cooped up, and stressed out 😕.

How are you feeling?: Other than the above..... nauseous and I can’t believe the crazy pregnancy dreams have started already! 

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? Buy a house to start! Put aside plenty of money for the kids education and future needs, support some family in need, invest sensibly because it’s the boring, logical thing to do....

• Due date/W+D: 8 weeks 6 days according to yesterday's ultrasound 

Baby is the size of a(n): popcorn!

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an appt with my GP have done blood work for RH factor need to redo urinalysis due to protein and white blood cells in sample... hoping tomorrows test goes better

Rants/Raves?: none currently

How are you feeling?: tired but only experienced a little nauseous a couple weeks ago but nothing debilitating. Which i was surprised about for 1st pregnancy.

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? TRAVEL 

• marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited October 2018

@battleangel I hear you... my mom was convinced DH and I weren't married for years because we eloped for the ceremony. We did throw a party for family and friends and showed her the certificate but she was still unconvinced.

Due date/W+D: June 3, 8w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Any appointments? Questions?: i need to call the OB clinic to schedule a genetics consultation. We are going straight to CVS due to my age (40).

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I had a very tough work travel week and am still exhausted. Rave: no more work travel this year!

How are you feeling?:  Tired, nauseous, and chubby.

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? First, I'd quit my 60+ hours/week job. As rewarding as I find the field, it's too intense to allow for work-life "balance." Next, I'd help all my family become debt free. Then I'd get a freelance part time job, spend six months of the year swimming in the Mediterranean every day, read more, cook for friends, be much more involved in my son's school, etc. I'd probably set up an international children's health charity to pay for expensive, life-saving treatments for kids from around the world who can't afford it. 

• r_kr_k member

Due date/W+D: June 6th / 8w, 4D

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry and fits on a penny according to my app!

Any appointments? Questions?:  first ultrasound and appointment this Tuesday

Rants/Raves?: exhausted!  nauseated a good bit of the time but fortunately no vomiting.  boobs are sore as well. i have to rave about ice cream because i want it all.the.time.

How are you feeling?: tired and crampy

GTKY: what would you do if you won the lottery? pay off our mortgage, give to charity, help our families, and after the little one was big enough, travel the world!

• June 6th due date - I think we are a blackberry today. 

(Sorry for the late check in. )

All is going well... Super tired all the time. Nausea had been on and off. But eating smaller meals more frequently has helped. 

Anyone else here do CrossFit? Still trying to find a good balance in my workouts. My doctor is SUPER old school (told me women in general shouldn't lift heavy weights) so I'm trying to be mindful of her concerns but at the same keep up with a sport I've come to really love. Also, my heart rate had been going though the roof during cardio it seems! So I'm really trying to listen to by body at the same time. Just a mixed bag I'm still working though. 
  • June 6th due date - I think we are a blackberry today. 

*snip*

I'm stuck in the quote box......

Do you mind changing your screen name? I can't tell you apart from all the other knottie-a billion numbers. 
  • @knottie4f6c8876d500e976 +1 to shortening your screen name, but also I think @harrierwife said she is really into CrossFit. I've had horrible MS for the last 4 weeks, so I haven't personally felt like exercising that much. But I just took my first stab at a weight lifting routine yesterday. I think they just suggest not to push yourself crazy hard, try to keep your heart rate below like 130-140ish for cardio. I think it depends what your normal exercising range is though. But I've been noticing my heart rate really spikes quickly too. 
  • @knottie4f6c8876d500e976 I don't do crossfit anymore, but I do HIIT workouts that combine weight lifting and cardio. One of the first people I told about being pregnant was my trainer. She has helped me modify exercises when needed while making sure I still get a good (and safe) workout. When it comes to weight lifting, she told me just to stay at whatever weight I was using before, but don't try increase weights. I'm sure everyone is different when it comes to HR, but she said 160 or below. The big test should be if you could still hold a conversation.
  • knottie4f6c8876d500e976 - Yes, I do Crossfit. Right now, the only mods I've done are to maintain the weights I was using (I'll lighten them during the second tri) and do only do what I can. There's no sense in passing out or hitting PRs. 

I've been very fatigued and had MS so I skipped the burpees the other day for slow kick-back pushups, then slowly stepped forward. Otherwise, I would have hurled. Also, no more box jumps, no more kipping. 

I have a friend that's on her second Crossfit pregnancy right now (22 weeks), and she ended up with a bad diastasis recti injury after her first was born. She is changing everything up this time around after having a few sessions with Brianna Battles (definitely check her out) and I'm basically going to copy her. 
  • @harrierwife @knottie4fc8876d500e976 You guys are inspiring me! I’ve been doing Pilates once a week but I need to up my exercise game!!