April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 4 Check In w/o 10/22

This is for those due 4/22 and beyond!

Due date/Weeks: 

Any appointments? Questions?

Rants/Raves?

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: What’s something you miss from pre-pregnancy/kids?

Re: Week 4 Check In w/o 10/22

• Options

Due date/Weeks: 4/23 13 weeks 6 days

Any appointments? Questions? 

Not sure. See random spots about dealing with insurance issues. Hopefully it all finally be figured out  

Rants/Raves? I wasn’t sure I was going to make it through even day yesterday but I listened to my body, drank lots of water and made to 30 min before the end. 

How are you feeling? Icky. Still nauseous and exhausted and food is ugh. Also the heartburn that had gone away has come back  

Pre this pregnancy I miss booze, beer has sounded so good and Im really the only one who drinks it so it’s not like I can sip off somebody else. 

Pre kids, I miss sleep!!! I miss napping for no reason. I miss having more me tv time. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Edd 4/26, so 13+3 which is the mathematical start to the second tri. Whoo!

No appointments until 11/7. 

Question: the internet searches are inconclusive and it’s hard to get a nurse to call back at this point in the evening so: Sudafed and mucinex (the regular kind) are considered safe in the second and third trimesters. I am in so much sinus pain but I don’t think it’s a bacterial infection so I’m not interested in antibiotics yet. Have any of you taken either while prego? I’m literally only 13+3, so what even constitutes being totally in the second trimester at this point? I think I’ll just have to wait it out. 

Raves: the weather is gorgeous today. Rants: I hate being sick while prego. And the first trimester exhaustion hasn’t fully left so it’s like I have less than no energy. 

Feeling: pregnancy related, I’m now only gagging when I’m really hungry. Waking to pee less at night. 

GTKY: I’m going to have to say sleep too. My first slept like crap for nearly a year, I have breastfeeding and pregnancy related insomnia, and somehow I’ve lost the ability to sleep in the same bed as my husband because of insomnia and hot flashes. I miss just being able to go to bed next to him and sleep until morning. What a concept. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is for those due 4/22 and beyond!

Due date/Weeks: 4/22, 14 weeks

Any appointments? Questions? Next appointment isn't until the 9th.

Rants/Raves? Found out we are having a boy! I'm very excited but just a smidge sad that my 1.5 year old DD won't have a little sister so close in age when she is older. I'm super close with my sister and not so much with my brothers. Though there isn't any guarantee that they would be close anyway and she might be close to her brother. Who knows, I'm just rambling now.

How are you feeling? Tired and obviously scatterbrained but ok.

Before pregnancy I could go all day without eating and not feel like crap by 10am.

Honestly don't miss my life before kids. Husband and I have been married 11 years with it just being us and I spent a huge chunk of that time battling alcohol. I will be 3 years sober in February.

• Options
    @Kateriee congrats on nearly 3 years sober! I feel that I’ll think the same way if we find out this is a boy, because I had no sisters and I’d like my daughter to have one close in age. But I also want at least one boy so I guess either way I’m good? Haha. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Dates: 5/2, so I'm 12+4.

Rant/Appointment: 12-week scan tomorrow and I've got PGAL brain like nobody's business. Also, all my other appointments so far have turned up something scary that resolved, but I just want one normal one, please! 

GTKY: From this pregnancy, beer and not being depressed (progesterone supplements have not been kind to me.) From before kids, I know I'm a giant nerd, but reading books. DD doesn't nap and I fall asleep if I try after she goes to bed. :(

@Kateriee: You go girl! Stories like yours fill me with awe. It's so amazing to meet people with that kind of strength and conviction. 
  • Options
    @HGRich: No advice, just sympathy! Sinus stuff is NO FUN.
  • Options

Due date/Weeks:  13 + 6

Any appointments? Questions? I’m participating in a research study about placentas so I’m getting an MRI on Friday. I’m so stoked! I’ve never been excited about medical appointments until being pregnant and realizing that I get to peak inside and see what’s happening...

Rants/Raves? Moved to LA right before getting pregnant and it hasn’t been a good coincidence. Being constantly sick, insecure and cranky is not a good mood for making friends and exploring a new place. Also this city is so loud and the air makes my partner sick. So yeah, if anyone has nice things to say about LA, feel free to share.

How are you feeling? Better than before, struggling to eat well. Vegetables seem so so gross and I swear they lead to vomiting eventually. Also, sore from trying to get back into exercising (trying some short jogs).

Rock climbing - specifically bouldering. It’s been my main stress relief for years and I’m struggling without it. Also walking and not being the slow one. Hills/stairs just seem so much harder now! And definitely beer,  @TheSouffleGirl , feel ya there. Although maybe it’s specifically that I miss “feeling well enough to want to drink beer”.

No kids yet, but I’m sure I’ll say I miss sleep when this first one gets here.

@thatbaintforbetty dealing with insurance is horrible! Good luck. 

• Options
    @mesweettea
    *week 1 lurker*
    I don’t particularly like LA as a city, but I did live in Oxnard for three years so:
    - take a drive north along the PCH and have lunch at Neptune’s Net. We used to do this all the time on Fridays when we could get away with an extended lunch. Beautiful view, fresh air, great fried fish (no veggies required), and a weird mix of bikers and Navy pilots. I also like Duke’s and Paradise Cove in Malibu. 
    - hit up La Brea Tar Pits - it’s a little oasis of less noise in the middle of the city, and it’s kinda cool. There’s a museum across the street that I never made it to.
    - the Hollywood Bowl is a great place to go up stairs and then rest your out-of-breath self for a few hours while listening to something cool. Def worth it.
    - the Getty museums are incredible. 
    - there are so many canyon and mountain trails to hike, which may get you closer to the feeling of bouldering. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @mesweettea: I lived in the Ventura area for a while, so I second everything @lyse01 says!  You might also like hiking in Los Padres National Forest and its sleepy hippie spa town of Ojai, about an hour and a half north. Also, I don't know where you are in LA, but I spent a year in Claremont, and it's a beautiful, quiet university town that is very walkable and has good access to the mountains. I'd also add the Huntington Gardens to the list of places mentioned above. It's not cheap to get in, but they're so pretty and relaxing. 
  • Options
    @mesweettea oh, and take a babymoon weekend out to the Channel Islands. The ferry is totally reasonable to Avalon, and you can stay in town or camp in the National Park. Fresh air, no noise, golf cart transport if the hills are too much (which they would be for most normal people). 

And I second Ojai.
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: 4/28, 13w2d

Any appointments? Questions? Regular doc appointment on Monday for allergies, next OB appointment 11/5, next u/s in the far future of 11/26. My usually mild seasonal allergies have been so bad this month!! I may need to get an inhaler prescribed.

Rants/Raves? This week has been crazy at work, I want it to be the weekend already :cry:

How are you feeling? Okay. I feel weird having lighter pregnancy symptoms but not showing and not feeling motion. It kind of messes with PGAL brain.

GTKY: What’s something you miss from pre-pregnancy/kids? Sushi and raw oysters. All the other dietary restrictions I can deal with, but I’d love some raw fish. Sushi with cooked fish just isn’t as good...

• Options
    @lin0442 that phase between first tri symptoms and when you finally start feeling baby sick was the worst for me when I was PGAL. Or at least nearly as bad as the first 8ish weeks. Hang in there. Hopefully you’ll feel baby early. 
  • Options

@thatbaintforbetty sorry you're still feeling crummy - I'm still with ya'

@HGRich I hope the sinus infection goes away soon! 

@Kateriee congratulations on your sobriety, and on your little boy!  I think it goes both ways with your second child, because most of us likely won't have more than 2 or 3 kids, so you are faced with wondering if you'll get to experience both sons and daughters vs. if your kids will be as close with a sibling of the opposite sex.

@TheSouffleGirl good luck at your scan!  I'm sure everything will go great!

@mesweettea LA has some great food (I'm thinking of like...donuts and ice cream, not all of the many, many veggie options!), so you'll enjoy that once you're feeling a little better!  Cooked vegetables make me feel terrible for the first trimester or two - have you tried them raw with veggie dip?

Due date/Weeks: 4/24, 13w6d

Any appointments? Questions?  Nada.

Rants/Raves? Rave:  Second trimester officially starts tomorrow, woohoo!  Rant:  Uhh, second trimester tomorrow, can I feel better now please?!

How are you feeling? So. Nauseous. Always.

GTKY: What’s something you miss from pre-pregnancy/kids?  I miss sleeping.  Also I miss wanting to do social things that aren't child-friendly activities.  I used to enjoy going out with friends, having a drink, etc. and that has sounded terrible to me ever since I had my first!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: 

April 22 14w1d

Any appointments? Just with the allergist to help With my asthma 

Questions? Nah 

Rants/Raves? I’m excited we got our Halloween “costumes” in the mail... it’s just two T-shirt’s, but it’s fun, hubby will be a skeleton with fast food in his belly and i will be a skeleton with a baby skeleton in me  :) 

How are you feeling? Bursts of energy returning and a hardcore afternoon crash that if I don’t obey and just sit or lay on the couch I start to get a headache and have nausea  

Sleep. All the sleep.  Sleeping in. Napping whenever. Sleeping late at night. Not knowing what 5am looked like. Not being hot while sleeping so comfy. 

Sleep. 

• Options
    @Piccola1988 Raw might be a good idea - I’ve been mostly trying cooked because I thought it might take the “edge” off, but maybe I’ll try some just as they come...

@lyse01 thanks for all the suggestions! Some I’ve been too, some are sorta on my radar to check out, so good to be reminded of them, and some are new and sound like nice ideas. We definitely want to get out to the Channel Islands but a ferry sounded terrible when I was struggling with car rides as it was... but hopefully the nausea will disappear once and for all and it will be an option. 

@TheSouffleGirl These sound great - thanks! I have been to Ojai some, we are thinking of spending Thanksgiving in that area to get out but not have to travel too far. Also I have heard of the Huntington gardens but kept forgetting the name, so thanks!

@lin0442 on the scale of “things not to eat”, I’m under the impression that sushi is in the “probably don’t do it but like it’s not that risky” category, so I think I’ll probably indulge here and there. Mostly haven’t gone for it because it’s also a way to save money... Obviously you do what you’re comfortable with, but I’ve talked to several docs who said something along the lines of “a couple times from a reputable source is probably fine”. But either way stick to non-tuna, because mercury, unlike the food poisoning, isn’t a gamble. 
  • Options
    @mesweettea: Oh nice! Ojai is my absolute favorite. We are actually getting to go there in a couple of weeks because my husband has a business trip in the area. I can't wait to get out of my own stinking loud ugly city of Dallas and see some natural beauty!

Also I'm back from my appointment and all is good! (Thanks @Piccola1988!) So nice not to be threatened with miscarriage for a change! I also got my EDD moved back into April, so now I'm legitimately in with all y'all and the Duchess of Sussex! 
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: somewhere between April 23 and April 27

Any appointments? Questions? Only the dentist this week. My first fillings ever...yay 😒

Rants/Raves? I love reading all the reviews on baby stuff here!! This is so helpful! 

How are you feeling? Feeling ok. I have a giant fat lip today. I think I may have had some type of reaction to something. Looks like I got popped in the mouth! I’m thinking a visit to urgent care may be a thing.

GTKY: What’s something you miss from pre-pregnancy/kids? Pre-pregnancy for me since this is my first. I miss being able to eat/drink whatever I wanted. I don’t drink alcohol but I guess I liked that it was an option if I wanted it lol

• Options

Due date/Weeks: 4/30/19 13 weeks today

Any appointments? Questions? next appt isn't until 11/13 I think! 

Rants/Raves? almost 2nd trimester! 

How are you feeling? my boobs hurt, & my brain has forgotten everything

GTKY: What’s something you miss from pre-pregnancy/kids? Wine tasting with friends after DD#1 is dropped off to school! 

DD #1: BFP: 3-6-10 EDD: 11-10-10 Baby Girl Came 11-1-10
    DD #2: BFP: 8-19-18 EDD: 4-30-19
  • Options
    Due date/Weeks: April 26.  13w6d

Any appointments? Questions? Next appointment Nov 6!  

Rants/Raves? Having the worst upper right sided abdominal pain for the past 5 days.  Sharp, stabbing feeling just under my underwire and into my back that gets worse throughout the day.  Hoping it doesn't last!

How are you feeling? Aside from the right sided pain pretty good, starting to be less tired :) 

GTKY: What’s something you miss from pre-pregnancy/kids?  FTM so prepregnancy: coffee. I still have a cup a day but used to easily have 5, 6, 7 throughout the day. 

• Options

Due date/Weeks:  4/27

Any appointments? Questions?  In a couple weeks

Rants/Raves?  Nausea is gone!  Woohoo!

How are you feeling?  Tired but good. 

GTKY: What’s something you miss from pre-pregnancy/kids?  Being able to do whatever/whenever I want.  And sleep.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    llamamamanycllamamamanyc member
    edited October 2018

Due date/Weeks: 4/27, 13w5d

Any appointments? Questions? No appointments for a little while. Endocrinologist follow up on 11/7, and initial anatomy scan on 11/14.

Rants/Raves? I’m in this weird transition phase of looking pregnant one day and then not the next. Clothing, especially pants, have been tricky. Maternity pants are still too big, but my regular pants, even with a Bella Band, are kind of annoying. 

How are you feeling? I’ve had a cold/post nasal drip thing for the past few weeks which is really annoying. And I’m still super tired. I really hope the energy boost of the 2nd tri is true!!!

GTKY: What’s something you miss from pre-pregnancy/kids? I definitely miss having a good beer, especially a stout now that it’s getting cooler. And sleeping through the night, which I gather is something that won’t happen again for several years! 😂😴😭

• Options

Due date/Weeks: 4/25, 14+2

Any appointments? Questions? No appointments this week...just counting down to the anatomy scan after Thanksgiving. 

Rants/Raves? My hospital has already sent pre-registration paperwork, which kind of made me panic. I'm also going to tour a daycare this weeks, so I'm a little scattered about that as well, not to mention the $20k/year bill it comes with. 

How are you feeling? Most days, I feel close to normal. I've had a few days this past week that I start feeling crappy by 5pm, just in time to be home from work. 

GTKY: What’s something you miss from pre-pregnancy/kids? I cried about wanting a glass of wine last night. And I havent been able to run, which is one of my favorite things to do in the mornings. I'm hoping I feel up to it soon, just a few easy miles will take the crazy edge off. 

• Options
    heather0128heather0128 member
    edited October 2018
    @kristenhk I also had several cups of coffee a day, glad it wasn't just me!
  • Options
    @heather0128 I'm with you about the glass of wine too... I found this shirt the other day and had to have it  :p
  • Options
    Hi week 4 peeps!!! 

Due date/Weeks:  4/28 

Any appointments? Questions?  In 3wks

Rants/Raves?  Still sick, HG, yuck. 

How are you feeling?  Eating a bit more, more often so yay! But feel like crap so whatever I’m bored of me & HG. 

GTKY: What’s something you miss from pre-pregnancy/kids?  Pregnancy- having a normal relationship with food. Kids- being able to be ‘off’ even when my DS is sleeping and I’m sleeping  I just do t have the same deep relaxation and fancy free feel as before kids. I’ve always got an ear out for him and I’m always hurrying back to relieve a sitter or my husband etc. there is very little time where I’m not responsible for anything.