May 2019 Moms

PGAL Check in- Week of 10/31

1.) How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

5. Any milestones coming up? 

6. GTKY: Do you get trick or treaters at your house? Are you giving out candy on Halloween this year?

Re: PGAL Check in- Week of 10/31

• 1.) How many weeks are you? 10+1

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? SUPER anxious

3. Any appointment updates? I have an elective US Saturday morning. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave:I briefly found the HB at 164 & 168 on the dopper.

5. Any milestones coming up? I'm in the same time frame as last time. I had a good 9 week apt and was waiting to go back at 11 weeks, which is when there was no HB. Hence why I'm getting elective heartbeat sessions done weekly. 

6. GTKY: Do you get trick or treaters at your house? Are you giving out candy on Halloween this year? We don't, so we usually go over his sisters house to see the kids. This year he's working late & I plan on stuffing my face alone.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• 1.) How many weeks are you?
    10+2

Physically- a tad bit pukey, not awful though. Emotionally I'm a wreck as I wait for my NIPT and my appt this afternoon. 

Appt at 3 pm this afternoon

Well PGAL brain has been fully activated by the recent TW posts + digging into some of the chromosomal abnormality stats. I just have this deep-seeded fear that I will soon be writing a goodbye post. I am actually preparing myself to be out the next few days at work just in case they don't find a HB tonight.   

Just passed my 10 week loss milestone and now I await my NIPT/NT scan milestone in the next 2 weeks. If it could just be November 12th already, that would be great.

6. GTKY: Do you get trick or treaters at your house? Are you giving out candy on Halloween this year?
    I had no trick or treaters until we moved to the suburbs last year, so we are SOOOO Excited to give out candy this year. I grew up in a small town and we got about 4 trick or treaters a year, so getting the 20 or 30 we got last year was amazing to me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @chloe97 wishing you the best for your appt this afternoon!

• 1.) How many weeks are you? 13w5d

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically okay, emotionally I’m having a bit of a freak out after seeing the recent losses. 

3. Any appointment updates? My next appointment is Friday, I’ll be 14 weeks. I think I have to give in and try my Doppler though today to calm myself down.

5. Any milestones coming up? Today would have been my due date. 

6. GTKY: Do you get trick or treaters at your house? Are you giving out candy on Halloween this year? We get a bunch, Des Moines is super weird though and does trick or treating on the 30th, they call it Beggar’s Night. So we trick or treated last night, ds had a blast and we don’t have tons of candy leftover so I’m happy. 
  • @chloe97 Fx for a great appointment this afternoon! 

1.) How many weeks are you?  10+6

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?  Physically feeling fine absent some very mild lingering nausea and fatigue. That had me all sorts of worried so I broke out the home doppler last week even though I knew it was early. I couldn't find the HB, but steadied myself by knowing it was early. I told myself I'd wait until this week to try again and I was able to find it today -- such a welcome sound! 

3. Any appointment updates?  I have an OB appt next week on Tuesday. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?   Rant: constipation issues during pregnancy suck.  Already breaking out the stool softeners (so lovely, I know). 

5. Any milestones coming up?  We're past my loss milestones now. This, I think, is some of the most difficult times of pregnancy because symptoms are lessening but there's no real way to check anything between the 4-week appointments (other than doppler, but using that too much is not a good thing) and it's usually too early for movement. 

6. GTKY: Do you get trick or treaters at your house? Are you giving out candy on Halloween this year?  We just moved to a new house so it's unknown. Given our street and our location on the top of a hill, I doubt we'd have any.  But, we won't find out this year because trick-or-treating was last night in my town and I was out of town until late. 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• @chloe97 best of luck to you at your appointment this afternoon!! I really hope it goes smoothly for you. 

1.) How many weeks are you? 11+2

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically ok, still tired and some cramping. In the same boat as everyone else with the recent loss posts. I was going to announce at work this week and now am thinking not, but also don’t think I can keep it a secret at work another month. Gah. 

3. Any appointment updates? Had one Monday, found a good hb on the Doppler and got a referral for nutritionist 

5. Any milestones coming up? Past my milestones. My last loss I was due this November, so it’s going to be a rough month I have a feeling. 

6. GTKY: Do you get trick or treaters at your house? Are you giving out candy on Halloween this year? No trick or treaters in our neighborhood, too rural. We go to the suburbs and enjoy the festivities there. 
  • 1.) How many weeks are you? 13w today

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I'm so sad for these losses today. And it just drives some fear; even though I think I was just actually starting to move on from the majority of it. Physically, I'm good on the most part. Still tired and a little achy, but good otherwise.

3. Any appointment updates? We had a wonderful NIPT on Monday. Baby was perfect and is continuing on just as s/he should be. Next is an OB appt (and I presume doppler check) on 11/13.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really.

5. Any milestones coming up? No more milestones, we've passed them now. Praying for no new ones.

6. GTKY: Do you get trick or treaters at your house? Are you giving out candy on Halloween this year? If we do, we aren't there to greet them! lol. We take DD out in our best friends' neighborhood with their kids. I grew up in a neighborhood where everyone sat on 5 acres (and not a ton of kids), so no one ever bothered to walk that far.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• @chloe97 thinking of you today!

1.) How many weeks are you? 11w6d

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I feel like I’m starting to get that 2nd trimester upswing. I’m feeling a little less sick, but still am exhausted by the evening. Emotionally, I think I am doing better? I’m still nervous and haven’t started telling people I’m pregnant. 

3. Any appointment updates? Had a great NT scan yesterday. Baby looked good, measuring about a week ahead now. It’ll be about a week until I get the blood work back. 

5. Any milestones coming up? Passed our loss milestone

6. GTKY: Do you get trick or treaters at your house? Are you giving out candy on Halloween this year? We do! We live in a spread apart neighborhood, so I was surprised how many we got the first year we lived here. I think last year we had about 30 kids. 
  • 1.) How many weeks are you? 11w1d

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I'm still feeling perpetually tired, but I think other symptoms are lessening. Emotionally, I'm kind of a wreck. The last two losses on the board are really sad and I'm scared because I'm realizing that I'll never really be "safe". 

3. Any appointment updates? I have my first MFM appointment in a week. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? None today 

5. Any milestones coming up? Just wanting to make it to 12 weeks so I can schedule my cerclage! One week!

6. GTKY: Do you get trick or treaters at your house? Are you giving out candy on Halloween this year? We do get trick or treaters. We live in an older neighborhood so there aren't a ton of kids, but there are a few. My fiance is planning on sitting out on the porch and pretending to be a dummy and scaring the kids when they reach for candy. I've never been in on that kind of activity, but I think it'll be a lot of fun! 
  • @chloe97 glad it went well!!

• 1.) How many weeks are you? 12w 2 days 

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Exhausted. 

3. Any appointment updates? Had our NT scan. It’s a girl! She was measuring 5 days ahead though!  

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? None right now

5. Any milestones coming up? We passed our loss milestones 

6. GTKY: Do you get trick or treaters at your house? Are you giving out candy on Halloween this year?yes and yes!! 
  • Woooo @chloe97! That’s great news!
  • 1.) How many weeks are you?
    10+4

Bleh.  Nausea and fatigue are getting a little better, but I've started to *actually* throw up each morning, which I could do without.  Anxiety is still there, and I agree with a lot of you that the TW posts are not really helping that.  Also, I made the dumb mistake of pulling out my doppler, even though I rationally know it's too early, and of course I couldn't find a hb.

No appointments this week.  I'm on an every-two-weeks schedule, so next one is next Wednesday.  An early glucose test, ultrasound, and first appointment with my doc.

I've had like five people ask in the last few weeks when we plan to get pregnant again.  Hoping it's just because DD is 15mon so they just think "it's time."  None of them know my loss history, so I think they think it's innocent questioning.  Also, I work on a team of 8 and one of the other's wife is pregnant, due in April.  He just announced that he's planning to do a 12wk paternity leave after she goes back to work, which will pretty much line up exactly with my leave.  So I'm feeling guilty about not announcing yet, because having us both gone at the same time is going to be a big stress for the team.

I'm past the loss milestone.  Still living one ultrasound to the next.  Next benchmark will probably be the NIPT/NT and getting into second tri.

It varies so much year-to-year, because there are a lot of rental properties around us.  I decided to put a bowl of candy on our porch and just go about my night.  DH had to work, and trick-or-treating time lines up with DD's dinner, bath, and bedtime, so I didn't want to deal with it.  The bowl was empty by 8, so we either had a good number this year, or people who decided to take a handful from the unmonitored bowl.  Whatever.

• 1.) How many weeks are you? 10w3d

Emotionally anxious with the recent tws and my nervous dreams. TW* I had a dream Monday that we couldn't find a heartbeat at the 12 week US and Tuesday I had a dream that I miscarried at work.

3. Any appointment updates? Appointment on Tuesday

5. Any milestones coming up? Now with the recent losses, I'll feel more comfortable around 14 weeks

No trick or treaters in our neighborhood. Just a quiet night in with the pup and DH. Works for me!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @kbeers13 I’ve had a few of those types of dreams too. They suck ☹️
  • @thebobloblaw they really do! I'm getting anxious for our appointment on Tuesday to see and hear the heartbeat and hear the OB say everything looks perfect. Until then, I'll be cautiously optimistic. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I finally caved this morning and tried my Doppler. I thinkkkk I heard the heartbeat but I’m not convinced it wasn’t the umbilical cord or something else. I watched videos to try to figure it out but who knows. Hopefully all is fine. 
  • kbeers13 said:
    @thebobloblaw they really do! I'm getting anxious for our appointment on Tuesday to see and hear the heartbeat and hear the OB say everything looks perfect. Until then, I'll be cautiously optimistic. 
    I'm definitely going to be biting my nails the next few weeks!

• @chloe97 Congrats! 💜

1.) How many weeks are you? 12w4d

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? feeling really sad for the ladies with recent losses

3. Any appointment updates? I spent the morning in the ER yesterday after passing a large blood clot the night before.  They did an us and the baby was doing fine with a hr of 174.  No explanation for the bleeding 🤷🏼‍♀️

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm just mad at everyone right now.  I was in my patient portal on Tuesday to find I had a positive result for BV and nobody called to notify me.  When I called my drs office the np told me "sometimes things get missed"  I just lost a baby at 20 weeks and the only explanation they can give me is I must have had an infection so that's a bullshit answer.  I Also got in an argument with MH last night because he’s going away for work next week and I’m just super stressed about everything that’s going on and having to do everything alone, and he loudly told me there’s nothing wrong with me I’m just pregnant with my ds who doesn’t know about 10 feet away. 

5. Any milestones coming up? Yesterday was also my dd. 

We took our little ones out Trick or treating so we weren't home to pass out candy.  My mom & dad both came along which was nice since they are divorced so its nice for the kids to have both of their grand parents around every now and then.  Neither one of them know I'm pregnant yet so it was a little weird.

Sorry for my long rant filled post!
  • @troystory17 I’m so so sorry- that is just NOT acceptable that they missed your test results after your loss. I would make a HUGE stink. What if you hadn’t looked at the portal?
  • 1.) How many weeks are you? 13w1d

2. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I was doing really well as we had a great NT scan on Mon but then the recent losses have caused me to worry especially because we just announced on social media. Physically having more good moments and then real random times I feel gross. 

3. Any appointment updates? Good NT scan on Tues. Everything looks good so far. NIPT blood draw tomorrow.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? No

5. Any milestones coming up? Nope, passed them all

6. GTKY: Do you get trick or treaters at your house? Are you giving out candy on Halloween this year? We get some but we go tircknor treating with friends so we don’t hand out any candy ourselves. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• troystory17troystory17 member
    edited November 2018
    @chloe97 exactly! and she came across as sounding annoyed by my attitude, then tried to blame it on the Dr because he hadn't notified me either.  Shes the one that ordered the test so I would assume the results went to her.  I fully intend on bringing it up to him the next time I see him.

edited for spelling
  • @troystory17 that is unbelievable! As humans yes we make mistakes and things get missed, but as a provider you don’t get defensive and use that as an excuse. Apologize and say it will be addressed so it doesn’t happen again. I would be furious also!
  • @thebobloblaw I completely get that people make mistakes, and I don't mean to come across as entitled or any more deserving than anyone else, but after the hell I just went through such a short time ago I would really appreciate just a little more attention to detail.  It took me 7 days to come across those results on my own so basically nobody was ever going to call.  Ugghh I'm so mad all over again my heart sunk when I saw that and I've spent the last few days feeling like i'm just waiting for the inevitable now.
  • thebobloblawthebobloblaw member
    edited November 2018
    @troystory17 I don’t think you sounded entitled at all! I only meant as a customer service standpoint that is something they should have ever said. You would think they would be extra empathetic with your experiences and understand the extra stress they caused you. I hope you get some answers and start feeling better! 
  • @aels12 your appt is today right? Good luck! I'll be thinking about you!

• @thebobloblaw Thank you.. I just know sometimes I can over react and didn't want to come across like I deserve better care because I've had a loss.
  • @troystory17 you deserve the right care, especially for the amount of $$$ we spend.