December 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY • 10.30 :: Lotto

Let's say you just won a non-historic lottery - lump sum $3 million dollars.

It's not enough to retire in a new mansion in the Bahamas, but it's enough to make life easier for a bit.
And obviously we're all expecting tiny babies. So...how are you spending your winnings, Ms. Warbucks?

NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: GTKY • 10.30 :: Lotto

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rosebud332 oh yeah, I forgot that h would definitely quit his job and try to open a brewery 
  • Options

I'm in with almost everyone else who would pay off student loans! We'd sell our current house and buy a different one in a better location (we are on a non-busy street, I want a neighborhood!). We'd buy my mom a house, but money into investment/saving for both kid's college funds, donate, probably take a nice little vacation to Europe for a while, then put the rest in savings.

I love my job so I'd keep it, I'd just go part time until both kids are in school!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    Pay off all loans, help my parents and inlaws get out of debt, put money into purchasing a home (maybe not fully pay it off but pay a lot down), same on a decent car, set up college funds, invest the rest. H has already said he would keep his day job.
    Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Buy the house down the block, because it's our perfect forever home. Then we'd need to talk to a contractor and a financial advisor to determine the appropriate strategy for our current home; renovate (make needed repairs at least) and rent or resell? Purchase a sensible vehicle with 3rd row for when we expand our family again. Open up a college savings plan or similar investment vehicle for each of the girls; nothing huge because who knows what the cost of college will be in 18 years, but enough to take a sizeable dent out of their total tuition or to put down a reasonable down payment on their first homes. 

Invest the rest and eventually have enough to retire.
  • Options
    I paid off my (minimal) student loans by living like a pauper in my early 20s and my husband doesn't have any either.  We both own our cars outright too.  I guess we basically have no debt which is nice.  We would probably:
    1. move to a nicer, bigger apartment in DC with higher rent (maybe 2.5-3k a month, right now we pay 1700)
    2. both keep doing what we are doing (my PhD program and my husband's job at a school)
    3. hire someone for more hours to help out during the day with the baby so I could more easily get my work done
    4. buy nicer food and maybe go on more vacations 
    Most of the money would go straight into savings though.  When we decide where we want to live long-term, we'd buy a house in cash.

Pregnancy Ticker