Pregnant after IF

2nd tri check-in w/o Oct 29

2»

Re: 2nd tri check-in w/o Oct 29

• @mayflower513 I’ve been having the same worries about whether the movements are getting stronger or not. I’m so glad you’re u/s went well, and what an adorable scan!  

@scikap Clearing out junk is our first step towards preparing a room as well. We just have so much stuff! So exciting that your AS is coming up next week!

@kristimh80 So glad your AS went well! Our little one was hiding his face as well. Oh well! You may want to edit your pic to blur out your name and details.

@more14 What a pain to have the glucose challenge on Halloween! I’d have failed that day for sure. Sorry you have to do the full three hour test. Fx all goes well!

@Drove2u Have a great trip to Phoenix! It’s such a great time of year to visit there.

@halips Your nursery sounds lovely!

@uterusdreams Glad for good news from your scan! My level 2 u/s was actually pretty quick too, and they said they got all the images needed.

@JamieH2000 Sorry you’re having back pain! I’ve been seeing a physical therapist who specializes in pre and post-natal issues, and she’s been amazingly helpful with back and joint pain. I highly recommend physical therapy!

• Sorry I've been MIA! Work has been really busy and I haven't had a chance to get on here on my laptop to actually post!
    • How far along? 25w2d

• How are you feeling this week? Feeling pretty good. I've had an issue with postnasal drip for about a month that is super annoying though. I don't mind the slight congestion, but it's giving me a persistent sore throat that I'm getting really sick of. 

• Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone else experiencing a sore throat or anything like that? My midwife doesn't seem concerned, but I'd really love for it to go away. Otherwise, things have just been really busy at work. Tons of grading to catch up on, which is never fun.

• Any upcoming appointments? Not for a couple of weeks! At that point I have to do the glucose challenge test, and I have the orange flavor drink for it. Here's hoping it's not as bad as you say! MH and I start our childbirth class this Sunday though, so I'm really excited for that.

• GTKY:  Has anyone started planning the nursery?  And/or have a theme/colors decided on? No themes or anything here. We're just working to clear out a room so that we can start nesting properly.

• Feel free to share a bump pic!

• Loading the player...
  • @darkstar42 I started getting that slight nasal congestion as well. Took night time Mucinex last night and seemed to help a ton! Eek good luck with the glucose test, I think that's the only one that scares me lol

Saw my regular OB today, course little one I believe dances around when you she knows she's at the doctor. So getting her HB was almost impossible. They tried to get me to do the Spina Bifida blood work today. I did it, then called and cancelled it. MH is against it and a worrier, so wasn't worth that un-needed stress. They were out of flu shots too...I I avoided that again  :D 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited November 2018
    @kristimh80 I never did the spina bifida test either.  Wouldn’t they see it on an ultrasound?

This one also likes to show off for the doctor.  He kicked so hard when the dr put the Doppler on my stomach that he like held him down so he’d stop moving and he could get the HB lol.  He said he’s healthy :joy:
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• How far along?  19 weeks + 2 days...almost halfway there!
    • How are you feeling this week? Feeling great!  
    • Rants/Raves/Questions?  Has anyone around 19 weeks felt any flutters yet?  Also, found out I have an anterior placenta.  My doctor didn't look concerned.  Anyone have that?  I was reading on google that sometimes you won't feel the kicks until later.  
    • Any upcoming appointments?   I had my anatomy scan yesterday.  Everything is normal.  
    • GTKY:  Has anyone started planning the nursery?  And/or have a theme/colors decided on?  We are thinking of a jungle theme, light forest green walls.  
  • @bebesparrow I have an anterior placenta and have felt movement since 13 weeks but it was only very low down for a long while and this is my second pregnancy.  I also had one with my first and it definitely took a while.  Glad you’re feeling good and you had a good A/S!

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @bebesparrow I also have an anterior placenta and this is my first. In retrospect, I think I was feeling super light flutters around 19 weeks, but I wasn't sure about what I was feeling until about 22 weeks.
  • @bebesparrow I learned at my AS that I also have an anterior placenta. But I've already felt movement, esp if I hunch over too much...I swear she fusses and kicks me back up lol But it's random, like rolling feelings I feel most the time when I do.

@mayflower513 That's what I thought too esp after researching it. I read they'd see something like that before 18 weeks anyways and if had taken folate a month at least before pregnancy it's very rare. I think some times my OB just is going by what "normal people" have to do. Like they have some kind of list of things they do or something. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @bebesparrow
    I had an anterior placenta. Around 20 weeks I started to feel "funny" down there and noticed occasional bubble sensations or muscle twitches. One thing I did that helped me figure out what movements felt like was to poke baby with the home doppler probe and hear the movement on the doppler while feeling it. That was actually the first time I felt something that I could definitely say was movement -- baby kicked at the probe when I was using the doppler. 

@kristimh80
    I remember my doctor offering some blood tests for neural tube defects but I declined them since they weren't diagnostic and decided to just go by the A/S to see if everything was okay. At the A/S they take pictures of the spine to make sure it looks straight and closes properly. Spina bifida should be readily apparent on the A/S because the spinal column wouldn't look closed at some point along itself length. I actually got a bit panicked because we weren't able to get good spine pictures at our A/S because of baby's position and had to wait another month to get the pictures done at my next appt. My dad used his favorite phrase that "things dont just happen in a vacuum" to point out that there would be other markers that might indicate issues so if everything looks good, it's very likely the spine will be fine when they take pictures. Which it was! 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited November 2018
    @mbradfo2 She asked me this the day after my Anatomy Scan at the MFM doctor so it was even weirder lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited November 2018
    I’ve been having a lot of heart palpitations.  Has anyone else?  I’ll mention it at doc this week I know they can be normal but idk if having them like 6x a day is

Started TTC #2 2/16