Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro w/o 10/29

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):

Re: Newbie Intro w/o 10/29

• Loading the player...
  • Ages (you and SO): Me - 29 Him - 31

How many months have you been TTC?: We are on month 2

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: OPKs, CM Checks, HIO 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I have 2 kids, DD is 7 and DS is 5. We have a sweet little yorkie puppy named Lily who just joined our family in Sept. I am a hotel General Manager for a nationally recognized brand. We thought we were 2 and done, until about a year and a half ago when I decided I wans't so sure. It has taken DH 18 months to agree to TTC, but he's on board, and I'm excited! I look forward to getting to know all of you ladies! 

H: 31 Me: 29
    Married:4/23/10
    DD: 7/11
    DS: 9/13
    Lily Puppy: 9/18
    TTC #3
  • @Gcrebel2006, it looks like we’re fellow Gators! It was more fun when we actually won, but as they say “in all kinds of weather”....

Welcome all!
  • @bostonlady-2 Hey! I’m a Gator, too! 
  • @bostonlady-2 Go Gators! All kinds of weather, for sure, but this season has at least given me hope for the future! 

H: 31 Me: 29
    Married:4/23/10
    DD: 7/11
    DS: 9/13
    Lily Puppy: 9/18
    TTC #3
  • @Gcrebel2006 and @Mother0fDragons yes, this season is better than it has been, for sure. I went to school during the Tim Tebow era- those were the days! 
  • @bostonlady-2 Same! I went to undergrad and grad school there. I was there for all the glory! 2004-2011. Such an amazing experience. 
  • firewife424firewife424 member
    edited November 2018
    **Edited to add TW previous loss and medical procedures mentioned, also added the "tell about yourself piece I forgot

Hi! I’m 30 and my husband is 35. We are trying for our first child and started trying in July. I got pregnant around July 21, had a BFP on 8/5 and miscarried on 9/24 and had a d&c on 9/25. After the miscarriage they discovered what they thought was a blood clot and instructed me to take cytotec to try to pass it. The next two ultrasounds showed the “blood clot” was still one centimeter in size and unchanged. They have now told me to wait for my period to see if it passes after that and to repeat an ultrasound. I have not yet gotten my period. If it is there on the next ultrasound it’s possible it is a polyp or something and they may recommend another d&c and a hysteroscopy to diagnose it and remove it. But, because it’s only one centimeter in size my OB is hesitant to reccomend another d&c for something pretty small. It’s a frustrating situation. But I hope to get my period soon and good news at the next ultrasound. Right now we are doing nothing to TTC. I am just taking prenatals and waiting to get told that we can try again. My husband is a firefighter and I am a school counselor. We live in ND and have two cats. We enjoy camping, traveling and scuba diving.

@c1@c1kc1kpol1cn1k So sorry to hear you also had a m/c in September, glad you are back at TTC, wishing you all the best.

@lokibear89 really sorry to hear you had to go through 3 m/cs. I'm glad you are able to TTC again and wishing you luck. I also have two cats, one fat and one petite. I fee them the same weight control food and measure it, so no idea why the one is so fat. I will blame it on her breed (ragdoll)

@moon1417 Wecome! I also love camping and trashy tv!

@leendenny I am a school counselor and could not survive in my job without our school pych! You guys rock! Glad you got good news from your RE, wishing you the best of luck this time around. Sorry you had to go through the rigamaroll

@Gcrebel2006 Welcome! I love Yorkies :)
  • @firewife424 Sorry for your loss, especially sorry that its taking so long to resolve. My biggest cat (Bear) is technically not overweight (he is massive, manx x norwegian forest cat we think) but is over 6kg. Getting bigger by the day as my other cat is a grazer so Bear just eats all of his food.
  • HI there ladies! I didn't see a post for newbies for this new week, so I figured I would just add myself here. 

Ages (you and SO): Me - 31, DH - 33

How many months have you been TTC?: 1st month (just stopped BC in mid-October)

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: Tracking my BBT, CM and using OPKs, also utilizing FF, Ovia and Glow 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I have one DS who just turned 4 this past September. We also have a 100-lb german shepherd/chow mix. I'm an internal auditor at a credit union, and DH works part-time and is also a SATD. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!!
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @stephanie123456 Welcome! I hope you won't be here long :)
  • @firewife424 Thank you! 
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Ages (you and SO): We are both 35.

How many months have you been TTC?: 2

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?:  I’m taking fertility supplements and Metformin for PCOS. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): We have one child who is almost 4. We also have four dogs.

• @SA0012 Welcome! I saw your post in TWW, and hopefully, you find some community here. It’s a great circle of women ❤️ Which Great Lakes state are you in? I’m in Michigan and we’re boaters too! Feel free to PM me.
    November Siggy Contest - Thanksgiving Fails!
    Image result for joey turkey friends
  • @SA0012 @cpiper39 Just stopping by to high five some other Great Lakes ladies! I am in Minnesota, and we loooooooove to joke that our great lake is "Superior" to all the others. We are canoe folk, but not in the great lake-- too choppy and cold! 
  • @minnek8 Yeah! Haha, that sounds like a yooper joke! 😉
  • edited November 2018
    Ages (you and SO): 29 & 30

How many months have you been TTC?: 4-ish. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: NTNP, CM tracking. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): ** Mention of child/MC. **

Hi ladies, I've been lurking for a month or so, so I thought I'd say hi. I greatly enjoyed participating in the TTGP boards when we were trying for my son in 2016. We had 1 MC followed by my son born Feb 2017. Currently I'm still nursing, and my periods only came back in August (18 mo PP) so things are very out of whack and not yet regulated. At this point DS does not sleep through the night & we are newly night weaning, so I expect it will likely be a few more cycles before things regulate & we can really call ourselves TTC with temping, OPKs, etc. 

As far as general life goes, I'm a SAHM with side jobs,  no pets currently, and I love to bake and crochet. 

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @minnek8 @cpiper39 Yay Great Lakes! We actually live on a canal across the street from Lake St. Clair (between Huron and Erie) but spend a ton of time on Lake Michigan in Lundington and used to camp a lot on Superior. It's good to have some ladies here who understand the Greatness :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @WinchesterGirl Hi! Your situation hits pretty close to home for me!

*TW Mention of Child (is this necessary in this thread? Not sure since the questions specifically mention kids but better safe than sorry!) *

My cycle just came back in August after nightweaning my Dec. 16 babe! It's so hard to wait to regulate. Good luck to you!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SpongeWorthy I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your stay here is short and sweet this time around. <3 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @SpongeWorthy I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Lots of hugs from the Midwest ❤️
  • @SpongeWorthy I'm sorry for your loss, that's heartbreaking. :( Hope your stay here is short.
  • @SpongeWorthy As the other ladies have said, I am so terribly sorry for your loss and hope your time here is very short. <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SpongeWorthy I’m so deeply sorry for your loss. I hope your stay is short and sweet. ❤️
  • @SpongeWorthy Welcome back, although I'm sorry it's under these circumstances.  I hope that your stay here is short.  I've also been getting more into baking (I make a damn good cheesecake), any good baking cookbooks that you use?  

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @lulu1180 Thank you!  I have been using the Tasty app for recipes lately.  My friend and I made a salted caramel apple pie from there this past weekend and it was amazing. I also use my trusted Betty Crocker Cooky Book for holiday bakes :)  What do you like to use?
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy I mostly just use recipes I find on Pinterest.  Although I use the classic Philadelphia cheesecake with a couple small modifications; I've made the classic, a Bailey's Irish Cream, and a mint cheesecake.  
    I made an apple pie somewhat recently for a friend's birthday at work, but I don't generally use a recipe for that, it's more of a wing it kind of thing in my family.  
    I also found a good basic italian bread recipe on Pinterest that was amazing!  I want to try more!  
    Baking has become a coping technique for me :)

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • @lulu1180 Wow you are so adventurous!  I’m scared to try baking bread.  I don’t know why it seems so intimidating.  I think I’ve watched too much Great British Baking Show and I’ve seen what can go wrong :D
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • lol @SpongeWorthy That's what got me to try it!  I had pinned the recipe quite some time ago.  It's also super easy!  Here's the recipe if you want to give it a try :)
    https://www.girlversusdough.com/2014/09/18/classic-italian-bread/

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Welcome @SpongeWorthy! Another avid baker here. Don't  be afraid to try bread! If you can master kneading, texture (how wet/ dry), & patience you can make good bread. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!