TTC After a Loss

TTC with PCOS after stillbirth 9 weeks PP

Hi everyone. So sad to be joining this board and so sorry that all of you have found yourself here as well. 

We lost our son to trisomy 18 at 20 weeks. I delivered with no complications 9 weeks ago. I had to keep rescheduling my PP (previous poster) appointment due to work so it is finally tomorrow. I haven't had a pp period yet (I suspect because I have PCOS and don't get one on my own?)

We were TTC (trying to conceive) for 8 months using letrozole when we got pregnant and are desperate to get pregnant again. I'm worried that my doctor will tell me to wait but I want to start letrozole as soon as possible. 

Has anyone been put back on fertility meds so soon after a 2nd trimester loss?

PCOS Warrior

SJ- Born 12/17/11

GB- Born Sleeping 8/29/18 

Re: TTC with PCOS after stillbirth 9 weeks PP

• mkay2011 Sorry for your loss. Usually they will bench you for 3 cycles, or sometimes more/less, especially with a later loss and depending on any testing they may want to do. You really need to check with your doctor about when you will be cleared to begin TTCAL. I understand the feeling to get PG again, but taking some time is truly for the best. 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• I’m so sorry for your loss. That is so heartbreaking ❤️ Welcome to the group but I’m sorry that you’re here. I hope your stay is short. 
    I have PCOS also treating with letrozole. After my MMC (10wks along) I was told to wait for two regular period before TTC. However if I hadn’t gotten a period on my own my doc told me he would have prescribed progesterone to induce. I got mine back right on schedule and he had me start taking the femara right away just to keep regular, but prevent until after two regular flow periods. It is best to follow your doc’s suggestions but I just thought I’d share my experience. Best of luck! Do lots of nice things for yourself, you deserve it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and I’m so sorry for your loss! I hope you find the support you need here and that your stay is short! 
  • Welcome and sorry for your loss.  
  • I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope you find some comfort here and that your time here is short :heart:
  • Welcome, I am so sorry for your loss