April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 Check in W/O 10/29

1. How far along are you this week?

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week?

3. Questions for the group?

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week?

Re: Week 2 Check in W/O 10/29

• Options

1. How far along are you this week?  I'll be 17 weeks on Thursday 

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week?  Just scheduled our first ultrasound fir November 19th! So excited to see our babe!

3. Questions for the group? Nope!

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Just taking my 11 month old out for his first Halloween to his grandparents and around the block. :)
  • Options
    1. How far along are you this week? 17 weeks today!

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? I'm just so surprised at the insane boob soreness. For the most part this pregnancy has been significantly easier than my first so far, but my boob soreness is off the charts. I'm excited that I'm starting to get some energy back though. I was a lost cause first trimester. But I'm starting to feel like a human again. 

3. Questions for the group? Those who already have kids and work full time...when the hell do you find time to work out???

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Going to my 2y/o Halloween parade at his preschool then ToTing with his cousins that night... Really excited about it. I love Halloween!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

17 weeks Thursday.

Had my first midwives centering group appointment this morning. It went great! Was glad to hear the heartbeat and speak with other April moms.

Not really, but I find time to workout either in the morning, after work or during my lunch hour. I make it a priority over cooking fancy meals or housework. I do feel bad that it takes away time with the kids, but it’s all a balancing act and it keeps me healthy and sane. 

Just excited to trick or treat with the kids!
  • Options
    @berky84, my DH definitely makes time for working out more than I do.  I'm much more likely to skip it if it means spending family time or getting stuff done around the house.  As is, DH is lucky enough to be able to take our son with him and DS sits and watches his tablet while DH works out.  I usually manage to work out after work (I work til 9 at night usually), so while DH is at home with our son.  It definitely means sacrificing sleep though, and I've only been going maybe one or two times a week since getting pregnant this time.

17 weeks on Wednesday.

I'm having that weird right stomach/side pain that I had a few weeks ago.  DH still thinks it's just gas/constipation pains, but even burping or passing gas doesn't help and I don't feel the urge to poop.  It feels like a pulled muscle and it's a PITA.  Ugh!

Any budgeting/money saving tips going into the holidays?  I have a huge family, and usually try to make gifts for at least my parents and siblings I see on Christmas day, but we're struggling financially right now.

Trick or treating with some friends on Wednesday!  Hopefully it's not too chilly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @berky84 I only work part time but I workout at 6am while my husband and kids are still sleeping. Some moms go to my same gym for the 5am class(and have twins)! It was tough to get a routine going because I love my sleep but I find I’m a better mom and person when I’m exercising regularly.

17 weeks, who else can’t believe we’re almost halfway!

Helping out with DDs classroom Halloween party and then trick or treating with the kids and DH
  • Options
    @kangstadt, I always forget we’re due date twins!

1. How far along are you this week? 17 weeks on Wednesday! This is surreal. 

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? I can’t believe I’ve already had to go to the hospital twice for this babe. Pregnancy is really taking a toll on my body. I’ve been “lucky” enough to see baby several additional times because of this, but it isn’t worth the stress or physical toll. 

3. Questions for the group? Does everyone have their anatomy scans scheduled? 

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Giving out candy on the front porch. Seriously one of my favorite things!
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama, yay due date twins!

I just asked my doctor to put in the order for my anatomy scan.  They wanted to wait until my next checkup (at 20 weeks) to schedule it.  Not sure why.  I'll probably call this morning and see if I can get it scheduled.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama yes, it’s November 19th, a few days short of 20 weeks. Can’t wait! 
  • Options
    @kangstadtI still think that’s the weirdest thing! Hope you can get it scheduled and settled soon.
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama, I called and left a message at the imaging place.  Hopefully I can get it scheduled around Thanksgiving when I have a few days off! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    batmama31batmama31 member
    edited October 2018
    @lilpotatomama, my scan is scheduled for nov. 16, 3 weeks away! we were team green first time around, but have decided to find out sex early. I'm all too excited. :)

1. How far along are you this week? 17wks + 1 day

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? I have definitely noticed I'm much more ragy this time around than I was during my first pregnancy. in fact, I can count on one hand how many symptoms I had. but the bad attitude I've been having is really starting to bring me down & is sending me down this rabbit hole of worry, like what if this carries into PPD post delivery?  :(

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? my h.s. teacher friend invited us to her school tonight. all the student clubs decorate classrooms & pass out candy, so taking the boy to that. tomorrow is good ol' fashioned trick or treating in the neighborhood. hoping we don't get rained out.
  • Options
    16 weeks, 17 weeks on Sunday

2 things I never experienced with my previous pregnancies that I am experiencing now...1: Insomina! For the past few days its been awful, I sleep maybe 5 solid hours a night. 2: I feel like my ab muscles are ripping, Im not sure if its because I was in the best shape of my life right before this pregnancy or that its my third time around and my muscles are finally giving out  :(

3. Questions for the group? Nothing as of now

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Yes! Trick or Treating tomorrow with the kiddos!

@berky84 I have 2 LOs, work full time and make a point to do prenatal yoga for about 20-30 min every other day/as much as I can. I usually get home with the kids around 4:30 pm, set them up with a snack/t.v. show, then go down the my basement/gym and do my thing. Exercise has helped significantly with my back/hip pain. I plan on adding 10-15 min of walking, hope it helps with my insomnia. 

@lilpotatomama My OB is giving me the form this Friday, I hope to schedule it either the week of thanksgiving or the week after.

• Options
    1. How far along are you this week? 17 weeks on Friday!

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? I miss my old job (very random, yes). I moved out to Utah for my DH and left all my family/friends/work back in Ohio. It's been 2 years and I'm still sad about it. Sorry, I'm feeling like a debbie downer right now.

3. Questions for the group? This may sound weird, but I feel like I haven't gotten any bigger in the last 3-4 weeks. Is that normal? It's my first so I don't expect a huge prego belly yet, but as I start to feel less sick, I even wonder if I'm pregnant (and not just really bloated)

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Not really. Just passing out candy to the kiddos! I hope we actually get trick or treaters. Lots of kids do "trunk or treat" here which is where they all go to their churches and trick or treat out of people's cars. It's weird to me. But DH is out of town so I hope I get to see some people!
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama scan is scheduled for Nov 14th which is right after I hit 21 weeks. We need to check and see if the placenta has moved at that point or if we need to schedule another scan after that as well.

1. How far along are you this week? 17 weeks on Monday

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? Heartburn! It just hit me tonight. And I am the same with breat tenderness.

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Trick or treating tomorrow. Super excited but that's it

• Options
    It's been insane here and I haven't checked in for a couple weeks. We are prepping for our transatlantic move in 5 weeks. 😬

1. How far along are you this week? Turned 17 weeks on Tuesday. 

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? I've got a wicked cold and sneezing and coughing are less then fun these days. 

3. Questions for the group? Nah.... unless anyone has amazing pregnancy safe cold remedies. 

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Took my boys out for ToT. Little spiderman and Charizard. They had loads of fun.