Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Treatment and Testing- Week of 10/29

2»

Re: IF Treatment and Testing- Week of 10/29

• Loading the player...
  • Hello to all my Murderinos! Currently listening to that and stranglers. Thank goodness for podcasts when your RE is 2 hours away!

@Avrilmai I was going to ask @jrm_14 but it says user not found. I may ask my RE when I go tomorrow! 
    @emmasemm Sorry you had to cancel IVF. I hope everything gets resolved soon!
    @blackhottamales I'm glad your transfer went well! FX!
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited November 2018
    @Avrilmai @crookshanks10 Yes!  I ordered applicatiors from Amazon. 

These:  
    Extra Disposable Vaginal Applicators (15 pack) Individually Wrapped, Fits Threaded Vaginal Creams and Contraceptive Gels https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0195C8I52/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_L9J2BbTNV02BB

• @blackhottamales Thank you! EEK! I hope your TWW flies by!! TWWs are the worst haha. Enjoy resting and taking it easy (: (:
  • @blackhottamales I’ll be taking estrace, baby aspirin,prebiotics and probiotics,  lovenox, vaginal probiotics, Benadryl, medrol, and PIO. Also GF and DF for the past 3 months. You wrote it correctly for 2dp6dt. Are you going to test or wait till beta?
  • @blackhottamales I found out yesterday that I'm not going on the trip! Another coworker will be so I don't have to worry about when AF arrives and hoping timing works out.

I can't wait to get started even though a BFP next week would be nice too. I will keep dreaming until then.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • I am prepping for a big trip at work next week ladies, so I apologize I have been disconnected, and will be for a few days. Not much happening on this end. 
    @emmasemm I'm sorry you had to cancel your cycle. :( 
    @inthewoods23 great news about your trip getting canceled (or someone else taking it!) Here's to hoping for a BFP next week though, right? Fingers crossed for you
    @blackhottamales ahh, so excited for you. The tww is hard hard hard though, so be extra kind to yourself. 
    @lulu1180 One of the things I use to help headaches is I buy tiger balm and put it on the muscles around my head. When headaches last foreeeever I  find my head and neck muscles bunch up. Maybe that will help. 

I need to be more exacting on tracking, not just kinda winging it. My cycles used to be clockwork regular, now they are all over it would be important to nail down that information. I am still getting up a few times a night though - that can impact my temps?  I need to read taking charge of your fertility again. Maybe I'll read it on the plane. 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin Could you take your temp in the very early morning? I would take mine at 3:45a knowing I probably would not have to get up before then to pee. Just a thought! 

Question ladies...
    I had my CD13 scan and have 2 follicles measuring at 16.6 and 14.6 and my RE is having me wait until Sat. to trigger with IUI on Monday. My follicles have always been mature at CD13, so I was wondering if this is normal? 
  • @crookshanks10 ugh, I *so* prize the nights I get to sleep through. That is a good idea though, so if I am another couple cycles out with nothing... 
    I'll save that for desperate times / desperate measures, and keep trying to get a normal temp. Maybe the keeping me up at night will end and I'll get to sleep through the night again someday soon and it won't be an issue. FX. 

• @chichiphin MH had 0% morphology on his first SA, with diet change and some other medication he stopped having to take as many allergy meds (Zyrtec and Benadryl) and his morphology increased to 2%.  I don't know if YH has allergies, but it's a thought.  I didn't know those could affect morphology until i was reading through our IVF binder. 
  • @chichiphin What does 2% morphology mean? 2% of his sperm are normal? 
  • @blackhottamales on how interesting. MH doesn't currently take any meds. He took a lot of ambien when he was deployed, and has taken several supplements for weightlifting over the years. I'm forcing him to write all of that down for our first appointment to ensure that stuff couldn't affect it. 
    @nomangos23 yes, only 2% are normally shaped. The OB mentioned it was mostly head defects and that those can impact penetration to the egg, but I don't have the report in hand yet. Fortunately the clinic that did the SA is where we got our RE appt, so they can help us really interpret the issues. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Thank you to everyone for the kind and welcoming comments as well as the advice! I very much appreciate it and your support means so much, which I suspect you already knew :)

@chichiphin hey girl! I recognize your SN from a couple months back. Sorry to hear about the SA results but like you said, the continuity of care should be a great thing moving forward with the RE. 

@blackhottamales Thanks for sharing, I didn’t know that about meds either! 
  • @chichiphin Interesting... keep us updated. I'd love to hear what supplements you all have your partners on to promote healthy sperm. The only thing my DH takes is a daily multivitamin... And it's chewy lol
  • @nomangos23 I def will. Ha I can't even get MH to take a chewy. maybe I can lace his preworkout with other vitamins!

how are you holding up??
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin Better. MRI results came back normal so I've got a follow up appointment with my RE in two weeks to discuss everything we've had done so far... It will be nice to have a touch base and get some clear move forward direction. 
  • Oh @nomangos23 I am so happy the MRI came back clear - but I can also see where that’d leave you back to having more questions than answers. We can count down to RE appts together - a diff kind of TWW this month 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @blackhottamales Congrats on being PUPO!  I hope your TWW goes by quickly and easily

@nitnat007 That's great that your first night of shots went well!

@chichiphin I think your RE will probably be able to answer your questions better than your OB could.  That is so great you were able to get into the one you wanted so quickly.  I've learned that most of IF is waiting and sometimes that can really suck!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited November 2018
    Congrats on PUPO @blackhottamales, our SeptER buddy! Do you plan to test at home prior to beta? Everything is crossed that your embie is snuggling in there nicely. I hope to see a unicorn in here soon with your name on it <3

@nitnat007 Wahoo on getting your shot on! Gl on Monday friend <3 P.S. My googly pineapples are in TX right now  :#

Afm, I'm just hanging out waiting for AF to come. Moody af as per usual. It was nice that my coordinator called AF an asshole along with me. FET meds were delivered the other day. IM shots of Delestrogen will happen and then switch to Progesterone in sesame oil plus suppositories once lining is good to go. Before, the thought of IM shots caused a lot of anxiety, but now my brain is saying bring it the F on! A long email went out to my RE about the things that upset me after ER. Basically he was told what is OK to say to me and what isn't, drew some firm boundaries, etc. He was totally receptive to it, apologized with sad faces, and told me he would do his best to watch what he says from now on. He said that they really do love us and want only the best outcome. 

This process has really made me grow up more than I ever thought possible. Last week, it got me thinking about how my coordinator and Doctor probably needed to hear from us that they are doing a good job and that they are appreciated. Yea, it's their job and we are paying them, but like they put up with so much to try and get things right for their patients. I sent them emails thanking them. It felt really good when they told me that it's a pleasure taking care of someone so kind and appreciative. That wasn't expected especially since hormones can really get me out of my element. Gonna send them some presents for Christmas. We found this really cute plush ute with tubes and ovaries to send that would be really funny, eta but I might just send a strong stiff bottle of something with a nice card. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake that is a really nice thought and gesture! Doctors can make easy scape goats for when it's not going right, so I think that means a lot to them. 

• noracommnoracomm member
    edited January 2019
    **Removed for TOU Violation**