June 2019 Moms

WTF Wednesday 10/31

Since we are too early for HDBD I thought we could have WTF Wednesday’s! So what’s making you say “What the ....!?!” today?

Re: WTF Wednesday 10/31

• Neice is home sick. She threw up MOTN but seemed fine this morning. We sent her in but the nurse called during my US and said she went in saying she didnt feel good and had thrown up this morning. Shes been fine since being home. I think mostly shes thinking she can go to DHs work when I take DS but shes dead wrong. Honestly if we didnt have the US this morning and it wasnt Halloween he probably would have stayed home with her. But today is the 1 day we have no family available to step in and watch her and had important things to do so WTF!
  • Half of the parking lot at work is closed due to tree removal. Of course, today is the one day I had to take the kids to daycare and come in late, so there's no parking. I had to park (and pay) at a public garage and hike to work with all my crap, while feeling hungover. Just wondering what genius decided not to have the tree removed on a weekend. 
  • Loading the player...
  • One of my cats kept pawing at me and knocking my phone over during the night. When I’d get hot and roll over and stick my foot out of the blankets, he’d nip at me. WTF cat, I just want to sleeeeep.
  • My house is apparently not insulated. The tech kept saying it would only cost me ‘15’ out of pocket after the state rebate. I almost died. The state rebate is 85%. I thought he was saying 15k. Turns out it’s $1,500. Not money I want to spend but much better than $15,000. Phew
  • @ncm1919 - Ours isn't insulated either. Our electric bills are insane - the aircon works nearly 17 hours a day in the summer here (we're in Mississippi). Its a rental, though so we can't do much. Builders totally took our landlord for a ride. 
  • @ncm1919 @harrierwife our 1959 house was not insulated either. We found out when we opened the walls to do electrical. All new insulation, all new drywall, and about $10000 later, its done. It has made a huge difference so far, but it was a total pain in the ass. 
  • We are in the middle of moving and it's Halloween and it's pouring rain and expected to go for a few hours ugh.  WTF Weather.
  • @TJtheGoat @harrierwife ours was registered with the city in 1918 but I’m starting to think it’s older. I’m not shocked it isn’t insulated despite the fact I live in Massachusetts. We have a great program called MassSaves that subsidizes quite a bit of it which is a nice bonus. They gave us all new light bulbs, three new thermostats and 5 power strips today all free. Insulation will hopefully start in 2019
  • There’s a rad little key card latch on my office door that replaced our keys. It’s like a hotel key card that keeps us safe because people are a problem. Well, the building techs spent FIVE HOURS adding a button that opens the door from the inside to this door. (It’s like those bank robber movies where the teller pushes an alarm button except it just means the front door dude doesn’t have to walk around his desk to open the door himself). Five hours of banging and buzzing and drilling just so the front desk guy doesn’t have to get up. I spent most of my morning on the phone yelling “WHAT?!”
  • @ncm1919 our house was registered with the city in 1926, but shows up on city maps (with a very distinctive footprint) as early as 1837. East coast cities are weird :)
  • i went to Lowes today for some discounted last minute halloween decorations. of course i grabbed one item that had no tags so the cashier had to call someone to get her the number for it. He came to the till then proceeded to look at the lowes online site on his phone looking for the item. After I said twice that it was on a table near the entrance.... he literally kept looking - wtf he was searching for I don't know because it wasn't coming up. Finally cashier told him to go walk over to the table to get it. Then he told someone else to do it. I almost screamed blue murder at him because he was being such a lazy POS about it.. at least I saved 37.50 on it lol