Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 10/31

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 10/31

• Month/Cycle: 12/13

CD:  8!

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKs, BBT, CM, all the abbrevs

R/R: it’s supposed to rain all day/ the next several days and I’m really hoping we still get some trick or treaters tonight! I want to see all the kids in their costumes! Rave- H acted really curious about charting, which I thought was cute. I’ve tried to be sneaky about temping but he noticed and was asking all sorts of questions about it. Even if he’s not actually interested, it made me feel good!

CS/Q: not much to see. Happy Halloween everyone!
  • @b_1029 That's so cute that YH took interest to it all. Enjoy handing out candy! They are doing it in our neighborhood rain or shine so we will be sitting on our sidewalk because our dog gets crazy when people come to the door lol.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Metformin (for PCOS), Armour Thyroid (for Hashimoto's), PNVs, Vitamin C & D, Kelp, Calcium, OPKs, Temping

R/R: I lost more weight on the scale and I am so confused but happy! Maybe all of the wishful thinking that everything I've been doing will help is finally paying off. I still have a while to get to my goal but it's nice to see it budge! Dressed up today at work - FX I can get the 5 minute put together award lol.

CS/Q: Not too much yet. I drank too much water yesterday so no point in taking an OPK. Will try and ween myself before I leave work to take one when I get home. FF says I O'ed on cycle day 18 last month but we will see.

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • @b_1029 - I love it when husbands get on board with all the stuff we do. Mine asked me this cycle why I'm still doing OPKs if BBT tells me everything I need anyways. After the kind of cycle I had, I'm asking myself the same thing.
    I hope you get some cute kids in costumes tonight!

@brookert615 - Yay for a scale victory!

Month/Cycle: 6/6
    CD: 26
    WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, CM, PNV, HIO
    R/R: I'm lowkey dressed up as a "basic white girl" and am having fun letting people guess who I am. We aren't allowed to go to the office in full costume, but I have a bingo card of lowkey outfits I'm going to see today. Last year I spotted four Wednesday Addams, and today I already have Doctor Who tardis checked off. 
    CS/Q: Whatevs

• @marebear15 Hahah I love it! Yeah there's a lot of people who do the same here but it gets intense for our costume contest. People go big. The award for first place is a vacation day and second and third get 50 dollar gift cards. Then there's $10 ones for "10 minute put together", "most difficult to explain", "most time consuming". 
    TW
  • @brookert615 - Whoa!! Vacation day! Yeah, I'd be going all out.
  • PugMumPugMum member
    edited October 2018
    Month/Cycle: 2/2
    CD: 14
    WAYDTGKU: HIO (was trying for daily, has not gone as planned), general "being healthy" stuff, all the vitamins, OPK's, not temping 
    R/R: Here is my husband rant. I take TTC very seriously, since this hasn't been easy for us in the past. This is our first serious cycle post IUD removal, and I didn't want to miss a fertile day. Not one. Our fertility clinic wants us to try 3 full cycles, then we are getting booked in for monitoring (again, due to past issues). Low and behold, he comes down with the dreaded man cold. He wouldn't even give me the time of day the last two days. Finally this morning, I receive my first positive OPK and had to give him the lecture. "I'm going to carry this baby for 9 months and go through labour, the least you can do is have pleasurable sex with me while you have a cold. Who has the shit end of the stick here?"
    CS/Q: none 

Edited to add: I just realized this post makes me sound a little nutso. Let me emphasize that this is a "man cold". No flu, no gastro, just a "man cold" with the sniffles. 

Married 11/21/2018

Me: 33 / DH: 33

TTC #1 since 2012, finally successful in 2016

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUI 01/25/2016 - BFP 2/5/2016 - Natural Home Delivery to our DD 10/8/2016

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

TTGP Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Dinner Fails:
  • edited October 2018
    Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNVs, CM, HIO

R/R: Halloween!! I have my tiny witches hat in my bag, but I’m not sure if I’ll bust it out...maybe if someone else has a halloweenie outfit on. I carved the pumpkin last night and was sooooooo looking forward to roasting the seeds, but my pumpkin was a tiny bit rotted and some of the seeds started sprouting. Wtf!? I discarded all the seeds just in case something funky was going on. 

CS/Q: Nah, we good.

@b_1029 I sometimes cry at the really cute trick or treaters. (Okay, not sometimes...it happens every freakin’ year! And maybe right now because I’m thinking about how cute they’re going to be!! I’m so sappy, it’s ridiculous!)

@brookert615 You bet your bottom I’d go all out for the free vacay day! Holy crap that’s so awesome. This dad (complete with dad bod) on the train went all out in his 70s outfit and he was telling everyone how his HS kid didn’t want him to pick him up from school dressed like that! Spoiler alert: he’s going to pick him up and embarrass the sh*t out of him! Lol!!

@marebear15 Bahahahaha! I love your low key Halloween bingo idea! Also your basic white girl outfit...lemme guess...sweater with skinny jeans and boots (or uggs...are they still a thing?)? Maybe a scarf and Starbucks cup for your accessories? 🤣

*edit spelling
  • @lillywonderland Hope you're able to whip your hat out! Sorry your pumpkin didn't have good seeds - that's the best part  :'(. And I love it. Everyone at my work GOES HARD. We have a casual Queen Elizabeth, a State Farm guy with the fishing rod and dollar, and a one night stand. 
    TW
  • @lillywonderland - Close! But it's too warm here for the scarf and boots. So I went with black and white striped shirt, army green jacket, gold bar necklace, and of course coffee (too cheap for Starbucks).
  • @PugMum ugh, the dreaded man cold. Tell him he can suck it up for a happy ending ;)
    @brookert615 sounds like you're making great changes to your health! Awesome job! And I know, I'm trying to figure out what to do with the dog. Either I sit outside on the porch (alone, since DH has class tonight) while he barks his head off inside or I take him out with me and try to calm the crazy. He sounds so vicious but is the sweetest dog! I just don't want any kids to be scared!
    @marebear15 now that he knows, I feel a little less crazy. I basically told him I'm trying to gather data in case we do have to go back to the RE. He's a data guy, so definitely on board. Your costume sounds great - has anyone guessed what you are yet? 
    @lillywonderland that's so sweet that they make you cry! That makes me super excited for tonight and the first Halloween at our house!

• @brookert615 Omg, the State Farm guy with the dollar! That is freakin’ brilliant!! Question. Does the casual QE have her corgis with her? If not, NO GOLD STAR FOR YOU! Lol. I *may* be a bit into all things British.
  • @lillywonderland Yes... she has a corgi lol. 

@b_1029 Thanks! And that is tough! We are going to dog inside barking route lol. I also have to do a quick poop scoop once I get home because the kids like to run through our yard :# . GL tonight with the pup! 
    TW
  • Happy Halloween!

@b_1029 I hope that the rain holds up a bit so you get some trick or treaters! I love that YH showed some interest in charting.

@brookert615 A free vacation day! I'd go all out for that!!!!

@marebear15 Haha I love the idea for your costume. If you have a hair tie you should throw your hair up in a "messy" bun too.

@lillywonderland That sucks about the pumpkin seeds. That's one of my favorite parts of carving pumpkins is roasting the seeds afterwards.

Month/Cycle: 9/11

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, cm, opk, etc etc etc

R/R: My mom's coming over and spending the night tonight. We're supposed to watch Survivor together but DH pointed out that with the trick or treaters our dogs are going to go nuts and the show will probably keep getting interrupted so I think we'll just hang out instead. I have a shark dress so I'm going to wear that for answering the door.

CS/Q: nope.

• @b_1029 - Only one person has guessed so far. Guess I'm dressing like myself  :D

@littleredm - Ooh I should do my hair! Maybe that half knot thing on the top of the head? I could pull that off. The shark dress sounds cute!
  • @marebear15 (CC @littleredm) reminds me of quotes I always see on instagram...all you need now is a t shirt that says "toss your hair in a bun, drink coffee, put on some gangsta rap, and handle it" (or whatever it is, lol)
  • @littleredm Enjoy your night hanging out with your mom! 
    TW
  • I’ll be back to tag later

Month/Cycle: benched pending testing

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: getting a slew of testing done for both dh and myself. Also temping. 

R/R: Had my first appt today and it went really well! I will be going tomorrow for bloodwork and then setting an appt to follow up and get the results with the RE. Really excited to get the ball rolling.

CS/Q: none

• @kbrown2385 Glad your appointment went well!  <3
    TW
  • @pugmum:  ugh. Man colds are the worst!

@ marebear:  basic WG sounds great!

@kiki047:  When we lived in Oklahoma our pumpkins got eaten so quickly!  Even when we didn’t carve or anything!  

@b1029 : with you on dog/Halloween problem. Our old girl barks like crazy. We have to put her upstairs in a “far-off” bathroom to minimize what she hears. Poor old dog. 

@kbrown2385:  glad to hear it went well!

Cycle:  5

CD:  20

WAYDTGKU:  OPK, HIO, CM (no bBt due to travel)

R/R:  YOU GUYS!!  Finally had “peak” on my Clearblue Adv OPK (solid smiley)!!  Then I did my cheapie OpK and it’s + too!  Yay!!  I’ve never gotten peak, or a definitely positive OPK!  Gonna HIO tonight and tomorrow. Unfortunately, not much HIO in recent days due to exhausting Disney travel, but managed to get a few days in at least!

• Month/Cycle: 10/7

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT/RHR, CM, Vit C & D, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Ovasitol, Vitex, homeopathic hormone rebalancing, PCOS diet, HIO, softcups, acupuncture, waiting for upcoming RE appt

R/R: Rave: My SIL has decided we're BFF's now, which I love, so she's coming over tonight to help us give out candy because she has a costume and wants to see the kids and my BIL is home sick (they also live in a condo so no kids). My SO seemed kinda shocked cuz I guess she'd never shown any interest in spending time with his ex before, especially without his brother there too. I'm just really happy she's come around cuz we get along really well.
    Not really a rant but A Star is Born kinda backfired on us for date night in the sense that we both basically just ugly cried all night and it kinda killed the romance, lol. It was a fabulous movie, don't get me wrong, we were blown away by the acting and singing. I'm obsessed with the soundtrack. Very very well done. I'd imagine it'll be a big Oscar contender next year. BUT, it was a lot more serious than we thought it would be, and brought up a whole range of emotions. *TW & spoilers*
    Both my SO and I have a history of depression and suicidal tendencies, and he also has a history of substance abuse, so those parts were really triggering for him. Without giving too much away, that story line (and the ending) hit a little too close to home. We both came out of it feeling pretty overwhelmed, and basically spent the rest of the evening reflecting on the parts of us that haven't quite healed from those experiences. It brought up a lot of his own insecurities about feeling like he's not good enough for me, and in the context of TTC, he feels like if it's MFI he'd be holding me back and he doesn't want anyone to blame him for our inability to get pregnant. It was just a really heavy, serious topic that we weren't really expecting to come from the film. Glad we saw it though. 

CS/Q: Hooooly CM the last 3 days. It's still kind of a mix of creamy/EWCM but there is just so, so much of it. This is unusual for me. Really hope that means I'll O soon! Yesterday's OPK was a definite negative, the ones on the weekend were darker but still not as dark as the control so I dunno what's going on. If we're going to stick to our EOD we have some work to do tonight.  >:)  

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 That's so wonderful about your SIL!!! Sorry the movie kind of backfired like that and brought up some emotions. FX you O soon! Get to work lol.
    TW
  • @lcking82 YAY for your peak reading!! How was Disney?? The parks are definitely exhausting, I don't blame you for being too tired. 
    @brookert615 I take my job very seriously. ;) 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047:  a BLAST but definitely tiring- passed out almost every night as soon as back in room!  
  • Happy Halloween!!

@b_1029 That’s great that YH has taken an interest in your charting. I hope you get some trick or treaters! 

@brookert615 Yay for the weight loss. Your work place sounds like fun! What did you end up dressing up as?

@marebear15 I love your basic white girl idea! And bingo card sounds like fun too!

@PugMum Oh the man cold.. I hope your lecture got through to him! I may steal that line in the future. 

@lillywonderland Sorry about the pumpkin seeds. I hope you got to wear your witches hat!

@littleredm Yay for hanging out with your mom! A shark dress sounds awesome! 

@kbrown2385 Glad your appointment went well and FX you will get some answers soon

@lcking82 Hope you had fun at Disney.. Yay for positive OPKs!

@kiki047 Have fun handing out candy tonight! A star is born was so amazing! I’d go see it again! Hooray for all the CM! Better get busy  ;)

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: CM, Ava, HIO, OPKs

R/R: So excited to hand out candy tonight! Has anyone watched Haunting of Hill House? I’ve heard good things about it, thought it would be fun to watch on Halloween.. but DH doesn’t really do scary movies/shows so we will see! Might have to stick with Charlie Brown lol. 

CS/Q: Not sure if I ovulated because my temp didn’t go up very much. Last cycle I had a bigger temp increase 2 dpo so I guess I’ll see. Chart in spoiler.

Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @misshelen86 I was a fork in the road lol. Yeah I’m with YH I can’t do scary! Did you get crosshairs last month in FF? Maybe submit your chart to the chart stalk board if you haven’t for some insight if it doesn’t make a definite shift. 
    TW
  • Guys, ONE trick or treater came to the house tonight. I am honestly devastated 😭 I was so looking forward to tonight! Stupid rain!
  • @b_1029 That is insane! We had so many and it was raining the entire time! 
    TW
  • @b_1029 awww really? We had tons. We totally misjudged how small the candy bars were that we bought so we gave out 2-3 to every kid then ran out. We gave cans of coke to the last 5 lol. 

TTC History:

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited November 2018
    @brookert615 @kiki047 ugh kids/parents here need to buck up! And yep we bought 3 bags of candy and have everything left (other than the chocolate in the one I’ve been ransacking for the last few weeks)...dangerous combo since I work at home tomorrow. 

ETA like BIG bags of candy from Costco 😱
  • @b_1029 May the force be with you! We ran out of candy.... it’s all gone 😱! Wishing I gave out some toothbrushes and maybe some vegetables lol
    TW
  • lokibear89lokibear89 member
    edited November 2018
    @b_1029 thats nice he took an interest, i think mine is just sick of the beeping every morning.

@brookert615 I was explaining the logistics of using OPKs to a coworker this morning. The balance between dehydrated and overhydrated.

@PugMum I can safely say I have had the same lecture.

@kiki047 I now ask my mum or sister if I should wait until a movie comes out on DVD (or online streaming equivalent now) as I have had way too many instances of having to walk of shame it out of a movie theater after blubbering (which results in me being a puffy red mess).

Month/Cycle: Lets call it 1/1 (but more like 17 i think?)

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: OPK, PNV, Coq10, Temp..

R/R: Summer is supposed to be approaching but today has gone back to freezing. On the bright side it was halloween yesterday for me (in NZ)  and as we have a near vertical driveway we got exactly 2 kids visiting us so more chocolate for me.

I kinda love how excited you North Americans get about holidays, Halloween is really just for little kids here. Best we do is make sure we have lollies or chocolate at home. No-one really decorates or anything. 

CS/Q: I am really cold so far this month, no idea why but its quite odd.

• @lokibear89 It says to not have water for two hours on my tests... which is hard because I drink water like it’s going out of style. Literally have to hide my water bottle from myself! Crazy that you only got two kids! Enjoy all the chocolate!!! FX your chart gets normalized. Did you make any changes? 
    TW
  • @brookert615 I'm going to blame my partner and the fan. So extra blankets on my side of the bed and we will see if that helps.
  • @misshelen86 - my husband and I binge watched Haunting of Hill House over the course of 3 days. I really liked it, it is definitely worth the watch in my opinion. I didn't find it to be scary at all (I was able to go into a creepy basement alone after it), but my husband was freaked out for some reason. He made me take him to the bathroom in the middle of the night on Day 2 of our view fest haha.

@b_1029 - I'm sorry to hear about the lone trick-or-treater! This was our first year in a house and (thus) my first time handing out candy. We bought 2 Costco bags and were horrified when we started running out just 2 hours in. We ended up buying 2 more bags, but now have almost a bag worth of chocolate and candy at the house now...I'm not strong enough, so we're looking up where to donate ASAP.
  • @marbellie That’s too funny about YH! MH watched one episode and was done, so I watched 2 by myself. I really liked it too, very interesting story line.
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @misshelen86 why are the men so weak?! I hope that you enjoy it through the end.