Trying to Get Pregnant

Bonus GTKY Wednesday (Halloween) - 10/31

What is the most scared you've ever been (as an adult or child)?

Re: Bonus GTKY Wednesday (Halloween) - 10/31

• omg @marebear15 sorry I double posted you!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin - No, you were definitely first! I just thought of this one this morning and decided if there was already one up by the time I got to work, I'd do a second one. We can do both!
  • Loading the player...
  • So I'm going to start out saying I'm not a super strong swimmer - I doggy paddle and that's been good for me. This is long so I apologize!

My ex boyfriend and his friends all went to Ohiopyle which is an area with a nice big river that has natural water slides, amazing trails and whitewater rafting. I took my current dog and we were all jumping off of this big rock and then swimming back to shore. A group of the friends started yelling from the other side of the river and everyone decided to swim over and didn't hesitate. I stood back and was trying to get my dog on a leash but she decided she was going too - since my ex boyfriend was already swimming and she had to "save him". Well after yelling for my dog to turn around and her not listening to me I decided I was going to swim after my dog (like I was going to save her?). Well I'm 3/4 of the way across the river and I started getting pulled by the current - my dog turns around and starts swimming towards me and I told her to keep going and my ex grabbed her. I was struggling and seriously thought I was going to drown. I finally was able to just take a breath and shook of the panic and was able to swim to shore. Definitely the most scared I've ever been.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @brookert615 I have a similar story from Ohiopyle! I went white water rafting with my cousin and his cousins from the other side of his family who I'd never met before. My cousin had his own kayak because he did this all the time, but I was stuck in a six-person raft with DH and his cousins. DH and I at least knew how to paddle a raft, but the others just dipped their oars parallel to the water and wondered why we weren't steering. Right after the first major rapid, I was bumped out of the raft and fell in. I distinctly remember DH screaming my name as I was pulled by the current. Everyone grabbed onto my life vest (which we'd just learned you're not supposed to do) and pulled me back in right away, but I definitely could have drowned. And we had three more hours on the river after that -.-
  • Last year when we lived in the city on a ground level apartment, MH thought he locked one of our windows after having it open during the day. Around midnight, a man opened the window and crawled through it. MH actually was woken up by our chihuahua growling, and thinking nothing of it, went to the bathroom. When he flushed the toilet, he heard footsteps run across our living room and out of our front door. 

He called the police & woke me up. Little did he know, I had taken an ambien and was completely unaware until he told me some man was in our apartment. I was shaking and about to cry as the police showed up. After the police left I was so scared (and still on ambien) I threw up everywhere. Very bad.  Honestly the scariest part of this was our complex showing us the surveillance footage of the guy bolting out of the complex. That made it more real for me. MH didn't sleep without the gun on the night stand for weeks. 

We have a very nice security system now thanks to that experience. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin holy crap!!! That's terrifying!

@brookert615 @hestia14 drowning is one of my fears for sure.

I had to walk through some rough areas my senior year of college between my school and apartment. I was pretty good about not engaging with people and just ignoring them, so I usually wasn't an easy target, but one day I was really upset about a recent breakup, and I got pulled into conversation with this man. He kept trying to cajole me into going with him, telling me he was in love with me and that I was going to be his white bride. After probably 30 minutes of this, with no end in sight, I finally told him to go get his car. As soon as he left, I hauled my out-of-shape ass up the hill to my apartment. Seriously, I ran as fast as I could in my heels. I scrambled into my building and ran up to the front window to peek out. Sure enough, I saw a car drive by at like 5mph, the driver looking left and right for me. I told my aunt about it and she said, "He was probably a pimp." Ugh, it still creeps me out.
  • @hestia14 Ah! That's seriously rough!!! 

@chichiphin Okay that's like the worst nightmare. Glad you guys were safe and YH scared them away. I can't even imagine.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Nothing singular stands out in particular, but I know I’m the most scared anytime I’m flying and there’s turbulence/drops. I break out into the cold sweat and my heart starts racing (after skipping 20 beats). It’s happened a few times, but I still keep flying! 

@chichiphin We’ve had 2 break ins 😢 but thankfully they’ve been in the middle of the day when no one was home. We also now have a very nice security system (and DH has been thinking of expanding our security by adding more).
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited October 2018
    @chichiphin and @riff323 well both of those stories are terrifying!! I’m glad nothing happened!
    @brookert615 @hestia14 always so scary when you’re not in control like that. 

When I was in about 4th grade or so, I would come home on the bus and have like 15-20 minutes before my mom got home from work. One day I saw a man walking in between the bushes that go between our neighbor’s house and ours. I didn’t think anything of it because our neighbors were having their yard landscaped that morning so I just assumed that’s what he was. Anyway- I got inside and saw the basement door was open. Then I went to let the dog out in the backyard and noticed the back door was unlocked too. At this point I was like mmmmkay my parents were the most forgetful today. I went out with the dog on the patio and saw the window well cover was pushed off and the basement window was kicked in. Immediately went into panic mode, grabbed the dog, and ran to my uncle’s house like a mile away. NOW we use the alarm and I still get freaked out thinking about what could’ve happened if we didn’t have a dog (we’ve always assumed that he walked up the stairs, saw a big dog, said NOPE! And walked out the back door). I was so puny!!! 

ETA words
  • I was in Toronto for a class I'm taking. Being in the big city always terrifies me, I have anxiety at the best of times, but I'm always scared of bombings/shooters/terrorism. 

Well, all of a sudden we heard a slew of low flying fast planes. The whole building started to shake and I threw myself to the floor. My mind just jumped to "well, this is how I'm going to die". Immediately someone piped up and said "It's the air show today! Don't worry!" 

What.the.literal.f&%k. 

Married 11/21/2018

Me: 33 / DH: 33

TTC #1 since 2012, finally successful in 2016

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUI 01/25/2016 - BFP 2/5/2016 - Natural Home Delivery to our DD 10/8/2016

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

TTGP Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Dinner Fails:
  •  When I was about 12 I was in my backyard doing chores and my baby brother was out there with me "helping" (he was 2). He was splashing his hands around in our pool while I was sweeping leaves out of it. I turned around for one second  and when I turned back he was gone. Completely out of sight. Disappeared.... Until I saw him sinking to the bottom of the pool, a look of shock and horror on his face. Eyes wide. White face. I jumped in and plopped him back out and he immediately started whaling but for those 30 seconds... Terror. 

He went on to fall into the pool accidentally 3 more times so we finally just moved. My family got tired of having to save his life. lol. 
  • About two years ago I came home from work to an apartment we had just moved into. Usually my dog greets me when I come through the door but it took him a few seconds to come. The hallway was dark and I saw him come down it with his tail between his legs. I grabbed his leash and took him outside for about a minute so he could use the bathroom and went back into the apartment. As I took his leash off I noticed that a birthday card on our table was now on the floor and then I looked up and saw that the closet door down the hall was open and the light was on. I just remember backing towards my door slowly calling my dog and then opening it and running out and my dog followed me.

I called the police and they came over and inspected the apartment. It wasn't super messy so at first they didn't believe me that somebody had broken in but then they discovered the smashed window. They stole a few small items but missed a bunch more so I think when I came home I interrupted them and they were hiding in my bedroom and then they took off when I took my dog out.The apartment complex let us break our lease and we moved to a different one that was more secure. Now we own a home and I made sure that we have a security system in place.
  • @tamalahoops THAT is a nightmare. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @tamalahoops omg that is downright traumatic!!!

@littleredm & @b_1029 ugh, NOPE to both of your stories! Breakins are so scary.

@PugMum you poor thing... I can understand your anxiety there.

@lillywonderland ugh, turbulence is awful. This summer I was on a super bumpy flight and I did so much deep breathing, but it didn't help much and I was panicking the whole time.
  • charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited November 2018
    @tamalahoops That was right when bath salts was popular and that caused that kind of erratic behavior. I wouldn't be surprised.. 
    @littleredm @lillywonderland @chichiphin Our "security system" is our nosey neighbor across the street! We ... usually... lock the doors. I live in a very very small town, (600 people) where everyone knows every one. I went through a home invasion in college, so I appreciate that sense of safety. I wasn't home, but my roommates were. 

I've had guns pointed at me, I've been rear ended by a semi on the high way but  with out a doubt - 
    TW - Previous pregnancy / child mentioned. 
    The most scared I have ever been was when I was diagnosed with Cholestasis, which can lead to still birth, at 35 weeks pregnant. I felt like every moment my son was inside my body he was being poisoned, that I was playing Russian roulette with his life - that I was failing before I have even begun.  
    It was a balance between keeping him in to avoid the NICU and bringing him out to avoid still birth and I was terrified of making the wrong decision, and my child suffering. 
    He was born at 38 weeks, and he was fine, but those three weeks I was in constant fear.