Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 10/31

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length:

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Wednesday 10/31

• @holly321 You’re so close! FX for no AF. Sorry your boss is back.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 23/10

Timing: -2, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 14ish

Testing: Saturday

R/R: Happy Halloween! I grew up in a neighborhood that had hundreds of truck or treaters come by the house, and I love giving out candy. Now, we’re in a weird area, so we only get a few kids, but I’m still excited!

CS/Q: Not today

November Siggy Contest - Thanksgiving Fails!
    Image result for joey turkey friends
  • Loading the player...
  • @cpiper39. We are the opposite with trick or treaters, we used to have none, and our new neighbors warned us, we get hundreds.  Our street is the most popular.  We live in a poor town, and our street is one of the nicer ones in town.  I am terrified I don’t have enough candy.  BIl and SIL are coming over and she said she would bring more!   And I am trying not to get my hopes up at all, but usually I dip to or under cover line by now...
  • elle-0409elle-0409 member
    edited October 2018
    @holly321 FX!!! Your chart looks so good!
    @cpiper39 Happy Halloween! I've been living in apartments for the past 14 years and in that time, I've never had a single trick-or-treater. I grew up in a suburban neighborhood filled with lots of kids, so I miss seeing all of the costume and handing out candy. Hopefully, you get some!
    @chichiphin Love the GIF! It sounds like lunch is going to be so much fun. Enjoy! And it's a bummer about having to wait for the results, but hopefully they will get back to you soon!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 28/8

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 7ish

Testing: I don't even know anymore.

R/R: No rants! It's Halloween! Rave: I get to see my mom and sisters tomorrow!

CS/Q: My temp took a dive today. I'm supposed to start my period either today or tomorrow, but I'm hoping that the progesterone supplements will prevent that.

Edited to remove a TW.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @holly321 fx! those temps look good. hopefully you get a little peace today even with the boss back 
    @cpiper39 it's the opposite for us too... I do hope we have enough candy! 
    @elle-0409 ughhh I'm sorry about the temp drop, but I'm hoping AF stays away. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• nolemomma14nolemomma14 member
    edited October 2018
    @holly321 fingers crossed for you!! Sorry your boss is back, hope you can get some work done. 

@cpiper39 we aren’t in a neighborhood, so we get no kids! We always go to a friends house to hangout and pass out candy. Our old neighborhood we use to get so many, and we would sit in the drive way with our pups and pass out candy. 

@chichiphin  I love the GIF!! I hope you get your results back soon! Enjoy today’s lunch! 

@elle-0409 I really hope the progesterone is helping! Enjoy seeing your mom and sisters tomorrow! 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 26/14

Timing: decent

Typical LP length: not sure yet

Testing: not again unless AF doesn’t show up this weekend

R/R: rant: FL is in the weird weather pattern where I could use a sweater and jeans in the morning, but it’s too hot in the afternoon for that! Why can’t we have a real Fall!? 
    Rave: we always do pizza on Halloween and I’m looking forward to it! (I realize the majority of my raves are about food lol)

CS/Q: nope- started temping this morning, just to get in the habit for next cycle. Excited to get a better idea of everything! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @holly321 Ugh sorry to hear about work, hope you're able to get a few things accomplished.

@cpiper39 Glad you are excited about the kids tonight. My neighborhood has 800 houses all close together so we get all the kids from the neighborhood plus kids that will come just because of all the houses and with mild weather this year I am expecting over 500.

@chichiphin Lunch sounds like it will be a blast! Sorry you don't have the results in yet FX they are great!

@elle-0409 FX AF stays away!

@nolemomma14 I love the food raves! Pizza sounds like a great tradition!

Month/Cycle 4/4

CD/DPO 28/15

Timing -3,-1,0, +1

Typical LP length: 15

Testing: BFN this morning which just means I get to hang with all you lovely ladies again! AF due tomorrow.

R/R: Rant: I was a little disappointed in my women's event yesterday, the topics seemed very focused on all of things that women struggle with and techniques to "fix us" and oh "men do this and that" so that's why they are getting paid more etc.  I understand and agree that any professional including women should try to better themselves but I also know that women are freaking awesome and we do so many things better because we are women and we need to stop trying to change ourselves to be more like men and start celebrating what makes us unique and dare I say better. 

Rave: Loved the love-fest yesterday! You all are awesome!

CS/Q:  Chart in spoiler. Apparently everyone at the event was freezing but I felt fine so of course I am SS.

TTGP November 2018 Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Dinner Fails

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 21/10

Timing: B+

Typical LP length: ~13 days

Testing: maybe Friday?

R/R: I guess this counts as a rant...but if I get a BFN this cycle, I will be benching the next one. I have an ENT appointment right before Thanksgiving and I don't know if he'll recommend a treatment that will be unsafe while TTC. Basically, I have a chronic runny nose, especially while eating. My PCP noticed my sinuses were really inflamed, and I know some medicated decongestants are not safe during the first trimester. Obviously I'd be thrilled if I got a BFP, but I really want to get this resolved before I get pregnant. And it's a bummer that I'd be benching so soon after we started TTC :/
    Rave: Happy Halloween! :) 

CS/Q: nope
  • @holly321 You guys have an awesome night! I wish I had that problem of running out of candy! FX for temps staying up tomorrow. 

@chichiphin I'm with everyone else and love the gif!! Your chart still looks good - FX on the SA too.

@elle-0409 Ugh, sorry about the temp dive, but hopefully, AF stays away with the progesterone. 

@nolemomma14 Glad you're excited about the temping next cycle!

@queenie_b Sorry about the women's event. I'm with you on your feedback - it sounds disappointing. Also, your chart still looks good! You never know until AF comes  :)

November Siggy Contest - Thanksgiving Fails!
    Image result for joey turkey friends
  • rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited October 2018
    @cpiper39 hopefully you get a lot of kids tonight!
    @chichiphin hope you have a good lunch! And I hope you get good results with the SA.
    @elle-0409 FX your progesterone supplements will work!
    @nolemomma14 we will get a pizza too. But the special Halloween kind.
    @queenie_b I agree with you about celebrating women. There is still a lot of work to do. There is a super sexist guy where I work and I can't wait for him to retire. He wanted to implement a rule that women couldn't show up for work before 8:00 AM for safety purposes. Like before that, we could potentially get assaulted by strangers. OMG, people shut it down real fast because it was bad on so many levels. Your chart still looks promising. You're not out until AF shows.

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 20/3

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 13-15 days

Testing: Not yet

R/R: I haven't had time to do anything Halloween related this year. life's been too busy.

CS/Q: cross hairs today

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @holly321 Your chart is looking good still!
    @cpiper39 I hear if you give out crazy good candy, word will get around for next year that your house is one of the good houses to visit :D 
    @chichiphin Your chart still looks good and stabile! What did your temp do at the end of your cycle last month? 
    @elle-0409 That's great you get to see your family! Do they live far? 
    @nolemomma14 Enjoy your Pizza-ween! 
    @queenie_b  It looks like you *could* have O'd a day later than the crosshairs, you're not out until you're out!
    @hestia14 I'm sorry about the potential health benching. I feel you though, you really need to take care of your own health first and foremost so that you can move towards a happy and healthy pregnancy. 
    @rikiteacup Good-looking chart so far! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 21/5

Timing: -3, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 9-12

Testing: Next week or WFAF if BBT drops

R/R: Rant / I finally settled on going out for Thanksgiving because our fridge simply cannot hold leftovers, but I'm realizing now that all of the restaurants are booked up for reservations. Rave / I am really excited for it to be November tomorrow! I love holiday season and am determined to make this year super festive and fun. 

CS/Q: It seems like the fertility tinctures and supplement additions are helping my progesterone! This is the most stabile my temps have been so far. You can definitely see a difference from when I started taking them around CD14:

SaveSave
  • I’ll be back with tags..mobile bumping is hard yo 

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 20/6

Timing: -2, -1

Typical LP length: maybe 10-11ish

Testing: Monday if AF doesn’t show

R/R: Happy Halloween! I’m going to try my hardest to stay away from the candy today. I’ve got an annual checkup today with my family doctor. I’m going to ask him what next steps would be if we get to that point. It’s only been 6 months, but I’ll be 35 in Jan, so it doesn’t hurt. We’ll also do blood work, so maybe he’ll check a few more boxes to run tests 🤷‍♀️ Not concerned, just taking the opportunity. Not looking forward to my PAP 

CS/Q:

my temps did did a thing this morning so that was nice.

• @mamanbebe I'm glad your supplements are seeming to work! And yay for the holiday season. 

My temps are VERY different this cycle from last (pink is this month): 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin Whoa! They look really nice and stable compared to last month. What are you doing differently? 
  • @mamanbebe I actually changed thermometers between cycles. While I expected a temp shift one way or the other due to the new thermometer, I'm still shocked though at the difference in pattern. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin That is so wild how much of a difference that makes, but also I imagine it feels a lot better to see temps that are more controlled this cycle. FX for you! 
  • @holly321 your chart looks good! FX for you

@cpiper39 hope you get more kids then you expect! Our neighbourhood is quiet but I feel like every year we get more and more kids.

@chichiphin I love meeting up with old coworkers! Have a great lunch!

@elle-0409 come on progesterone! Looks like it might be doing something if you’re at 8dpo. Fx to see what happens tomorrow.

@nolemomma14 ain’t nothing wrong with food raves! Pizza on Halloween sounds perfect!

@queenie_b  boo..sorry about the bfn. Your chart still looks great though..not out yet!

• @mamanbebe thanks :) I needed to hear that. I'm no chart expert, but yours looks promising! I hope you find somewhere for Thankgiving, but if you can't, have you considered ordering sliced turkey from Honeybaked Ham or Boston Market? The presentation isn't the same, of course, but it's a lot more efficient if you don't have storage space. 
  • Back for more tags..

@hestia14 that’s really frustrating about potentially being benched next cycle, but it’s really the right thing to do for your health. In the long run it will seem like such a small bump!

@rikiteacup I had big plans for Halloween this year but nope. Not even a pumpkin on the front step. Next year! 

@mamanbebe glad to hear you’re seeing some changes..that’s amazing! Also we totally skipped out on thanksgiving this year (Canadian). So far I’ve 0/0 on holidays...still have Christmas 
  • @hestia14 Good idea :) We did it one year with Whole Foods and I think a few groceries and markets near us now offer different things that I might consider.

@montee1917 Holidays are so hard to keep up with, I am amazed that my parents pulled it together so many years but also very understanding why they have stopped. Good luck with your appt today! 
  • @chichiphin wow the difference is huge. What was wrong with your previous thermometer? Which one do you have now?
    TTC#1
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2

• @rikiteacup lol I know! actually I took my temp on CD1 and it just made this weird electronic dying sound and wouldn't give a temp. I'm now using my tamagotchi inspired thermometer that I just posed in the CS/Q thread for marebear. It is wild to me how even my temps are, with very little difference between FP and LP. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin oh wow, I bought this one too and it was really inconsistent. Back to back temps had a difference of 0.5F at least. I tried to change the batteries but I can't open the damn thing anymore. It is sitting in its box now. I might give it a try but not before I replace the batteries.
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• @rikiteacup @marebear15 said that some reviewers were saying that... so now I'm kind of worried! maybe I'll test it with back to back temps when I get home. my whole CHART IS A LIE!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin - But I feel like with your even temps, you might have gotten a good thermometer! 
  • @chichiphin yeah, one of the 1 star reviews is mine. I use my $7 CVS thermometer. Works great.
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• @hestia14 Sounds like your medical issue is something you will be better off resolving before pregnancy. Hope you get answers!

@rikiteacup Ugh that guy sounds like no fun to be around! Sorry you have to deal with that! Your CHs look lovely!

@mamanbebe Thanks for the chart advice, I'm not very good at figuring mine out, normally just go with whatever FF says, I travel a bunch for work which seems to throw it off sometime too.  Loving your chart I'm glad your fertility regiment is working out! Definitely inspiration for me to keep up with my seeds!

@montee1917 Hope your Dr visit goes well and is informative. Good luck avoiding the candy and sweets today! My technique this year was to buy candy to pass out that I'm not a fan of.

• @rikiteacup - Can you get your CVS thermometer....on Amazon? I know, I know, I'm just super lazy and don't want to go to the store.
  • @queenie_b it went okay, but he basically told me I’m still young and I need to book a separate appointment to discuss fertility advice(?), and to wait the full year of TTC before anything further. If it doesn’t happen in the next 3 months I’ll bring it up again. 

Smart decision...I bought all the delicious candy! Reese’s, oh Henry’s and chips oh my!
  • @montee1917 ugh I'm sorry about your appointment! Seems silly that if you are already there it can't even be discussed! Did he even suggest anything with the blood work? 

• @queenie_b I know right?! DH and I are both interested in finding a new doctor in general. He would prefer a female doctor. They already had the blood work forms filled out to hand off to me when I arrived..I think it will at least check my thyroid. Like I said..I’ve got no reason to be concerned, but still. Also doesn’t help that I’m a pretty passive person.

My hope is I’ll have to cancel this blood work next week because I’ll be KU ha!
  • @montee1917 ugh I’m so sorry. I think finding a new doc might be the best option. I switched, brought alllllll of my evidence to my new doc and she immediately got the ball rolling. You got this 😉
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @montee1917 I agree that you should look for a new doctor, it sounds like he isn't on board for what you want. You deserve better! 

• mamanbebemamanbebe member
    edited October 2018
    @montee1917 Do you have naturopaths in your area? I'm 36 and have only been TTC for a few months, but things have been weird with my cycles so I sought out a fertility-focused naturopath. She did not hesitate to start testing and has been really helpful in getting me on the right supplements in the meantime. Also, I'm really sorry the doctor was so abrupt about that, no one deserves to be made to feel like their thoughts are not valid and cannot be discussed openly. 
  • edited November 2018
    @mamanbebe yes we have one close by 

***TW previous pregnancy  in spoiler***

I went to a naturopath when we had trouble TTC #1. She had given me tinctures and recommended seed cycling and acupuncture which I think both really helped my cycle along. It may have helped in the end. I also just fully weaned about a month ago.

Ill consider going that route as well if cleaning up my diet doesn’t work out!

Edited: to change TW title
  • Sorry, busy day. Catching up on tags.
    @nolemomma14 Yes, FL weather is insane! I've been living in central Florida for two years and I don't know if I could ever get used to it.
    @hestia14 I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues. If this cycle doesn't work out, it's a good idea that you'll be taking care of your sinus problem. GL!
    @rikiteacup Yay for cross hairs!
    @mamanbebe Yes, most of my family lives in St. Louis, MO and I'm down in Florida so I normally only go back once a year. I am so happy that the supplements are helping with your progesterone!
    @montee1917 Were you able to stay away from the candy? It's hard today on Halloween, and will only get harder for me as we dive into the holiday season. GL if you decide to find a new doctor!
    @rikiteacup @mamanbebe @chichiphin I think I need to get on this $7 CVS thermometer. I temped back-to-back this morning and the difference was .05.

Aaaaaannnddd now my progesterone supplement is kicking in and I'm getting loopy. Happy Halloween, y'all!
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing