April 2019 Moms

Week 1 Check in W/O 10/29

1. How far along are you this week?

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week?

3. Questions for the group?

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week?

Re: Week 1 Check in W/O 10/29

• 1. How far along are you this week? 18 weeks today

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? I failed the 1 hour glucose test miserably (I had to do it early due to being pre-diabetic/overweight).  Now I have to go sit at the lab for the 3 hour test.  I'm trying really hard not to complain about pregnancy, because I know how lucky I am to even be pregnant, and because I've had a relatively easy pregnancy, but I just want to cry about this.  I hate needles, I'm sick of being poked, and I just want to enjoy sweets and carbs, damn it! 

3. Questions for the group? Has anyone failed the 1 hour and then passed the 3 hour test? 

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? Not really, just passing candy out to the neighborhood kids.  First time ever in our almost 14 years together that we will have trick or treaters at our door.  We lived in an apartment and then a condo, so never got anyone.  Hoping to finally meet some of the neighbors too. 

• @aqualicious I'm in the camp of it's ok to complain about pregnancy (as wonderful as it is) because being pregnant is hard.  Good luck on your test this week!

1. How far along are you this week? 17 weeks + 3 days

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? None, just anxiously awaiting the anatomy scan next week.

3. Questions for the group? I can't recall, but who all has already found out the sex and who is team green?

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? We are having a Halloween party at work on Wednesday, I'm excited to dress up. We are taking our daughter trick or treating in the neighborhood.  It's always fun, our neighborhood usually has great turnout and some do games and things too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @gollygeeitsamy, we know we are having a boy!  We found out at 11 weeks thanks to NIPT (AMA here).  
  • 1. How far along are you this week?
    17+6!

I am so lazy carrying DD up/down stairs because of how easily I get winded. To be fair, the third floor is a long ways up, but I prob shouldn’t spend the next ten minutes like a beached whale on the bed.

3. Questions for the group? I’ve got nothing, for now.

We’ll Probably hand out candy (that I’ve already broken into) on Wednesday, but DD is too little to really care. If we’re really organized, we’ll trick or treat at our one neighbor that loves costumes and has a son DD’s age.

@aqualicious I know it’s possible to pass the 3 hr after failing the 1 hr, but I’ve only had to take the 1 hr. I hope you have some good entertainment for the wait!

@gollygeeitsamy team green here!
  • s_montgomerys_montgomery member
    edited October 2018
    I'm 18 weeks, Woohoo!

Pregnancy-related random: I noticed I'm leaking now. 😦 I'm using daytime Wegreeco reusable, leakproof pads.

Questions for the group? What happens if the ultrasound tech can't get baby in the right position to see its sex? I'm worried about that happening with a reveal party planned because at my NT scan the tech couldn't get the baby to move into the right position and we left the office not knowing and we weren't scheduled to come back for a second look.

Any fun Halloween plans this week? No, we're boring.

@gollygeeitsamy I started out on Team Green! That's what I wanted, but my husband wants to know ASAP and he doesn't think he can keep it a secret so we compromised and will find out together during week 23.
  • 18 weeks today! Yay!

Having more aches and pains- mysterious back ache for no obvious reason and round ligament pain. Also feeling excited because I found a woman on CL who last night gave me two boxes of really nice quality maternity clothes, much of which is suitable for workplace, all for $40 and threw in a free babydoppler, so having fun with that. (Spent $40 on one item the other day, so this feels like a major score!)

@gollygeeitsamy I'm having a baby girl. Found out through the NIPT, even though I thought I wanted to keep it a surprise, very excited, esp because I have always wanted a daughter, and have one boy already. 

3. Questions for the group? Have you guys proposed your maternity leave yet? I feel like I need to make a proper plan and propose it ASAP, esp since I want to take more than the 12 weeks most moms have taken who work here. 

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? My son wanted to dress up as Bob Ross, so helping him with that silly costume. I got a witch hat and plan to get into the spirit by dressing up as a cute witch (with tight black dress so bump shows up) and hand out candy... also have some friends coming over and making butternut squash soup. I already started eating the candy though (oops), so might need to stock up again before tomorrow!

@aqualicious good luck with test this week! I want to cry just thinking about not eating sugar and carbs... it is so much of what I want right now, so saying a prayer for you... 

• @mighty_montgomery I'm trying to think back to friends that had this issue and from what I can recall the doctor's office asked them to come back in because they couldn't get all of the measurements. They probably didn't worry much at the NT scan as long as they got the other measurements that they needed. I think most of them will work with you during the appointment (having you move around, drink water, pee, etc) to get baby into a good position. 

@laurainoakland I've told my boss that I will be taking the full 12 weeks but my job won't allow me to take anything over that. I would get the ball rolling now if you are planning on doing more so that your boss can prepare for you being out and what that will look like.  I have to make it official at least 30 days before I start my leave so I'll probably notify the Benefits department in January so I can make sure all the paperwork is in order. 
  • 1. How far along are you this week?

18 weeks!

Had my anatomy scan on Monday and should hear from the midwife if everything looks healthy by Thursday.

Also met with the reproductive life stages psychiatrist today and she was incredible. Felt really heard by a mental health care provider by the first time in awhile.

3. Questions for the group?

Anyone else getting comments like "Wow you look really big for only X weeks?" and feeling serious rage?

My best friend is bringing her toddler over to visit our closest neighbors for a scaled down trick-r-treating. Then we will be having our annual porch party handing out candy with our immediate neighbor, which we love. We have a high traffic trick-r-treating neighborhood and I just love the diversity of kids we get, that we live in an area where folks feel safe bringing their kids and seeing the general sense of joy/holiday spirit. 
  • @gollygeeitsamy I'm personally team green, and my husband thinks he is too but he actually is dying to find out and won't admit it. We have our scan in a couple of weeks, we'll see how things pan out lol

@happymoni21 Yes, I am. My mom also said that it's too early for me to need maternity clothes b/c she didn't need them until 5 months, but I'm far taller than her and need shirts that *at least* cover the fact that my pants don't fit

1. How far along are you this week? 17 weeks, 2 days

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? Went to a wedding on Saturday and had super severe belly button pain, not sure if maybe it's because I wore a belt that, after eating, was too tight. Kinda kicked in and had it until the next morning, and have felt fine since. Dunno.

3. Questions for the group? None for now...unless someone has an explanation for the belly button pain

4. Any fun Halloween plans this week? I have class, but I have a presentation and might dress up for it. We shall see