Baby Names

Willow

My husband suggested Willow for baby girl and I kinda like it but it’s a little outside the box for me. I like more traditional names and I think it might end up sounding dated or try-hard? Thoughts? My children are Sophie and Grant.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
Married July 2010
DC #1 Oct 2013
DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Willow

• It tends more toward the bohemian but I wouldn’t side eye it like I would River or Stone.

Other traditional, nature inspired names:
    Iris
    Aspen
    Brooke
    Daisy
    Rose
    Lily
    Rosemary
    Raven
    Wren
    Robin
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • meggyme said:
    It tends more toward the bohemian but I wouldn’t side eye it like I would River or Stone.

Other traditional, nature inspired names:
    Iris
    Aspen
    Brooke
    Daisy
    Rose
    Lily
    Rosemary
    Raven
    Wren
    Robin
    Thanks for the idea. We aren’t particularly into nature. He just liked the name. Other names we like are Paige and Norah. Yes, I know pretty much everyone hates Norah with an ‘h’ lol

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• I think Paige or Norah are both great and better fit with your other children. I prefer Willa over Willow, and I think Willa is a little more common/less hippy.
  • Willow is not a bad name but it seems odd with Sophie and Grant.  Either Norah or Paige work a lot better with the siblings
  • I like Willow, but think Norah fits better with Sophie and Grant too. Willa like suggested fits well too.
  • Thanks, everyone!

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• I like Willow. It's not too "out there." I do like the suggestion of Willa and I think that goes better with the siblings 
  • Second Willa! :) 
  • I, too, like Willow but it doesn't seem to fit with your other childrens' names as much as Norah.

I like Willa as an alternative or even Wilhelmina.  

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • My only issue with Willow is I just can't picture her as an adult, middle aged, old. I can see a little girl named Willow and that's it. Or older, but she doesn't shave and she smokes a lot of pot. (The picture in my head, not your kid 😂). 

• My only issue with Willow is I just can't picture her as an adult, middle aged, old. I can see a little girl named Willow and that's it. Or older, but she doesn't shave and she smokes a lot of pot. (The picture in my head, not your kid 😂). 

LOL not to worry — I’ve ruled it out already.

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker