November 2018 Moms

Spontaneous Vaginal Delivery of Twins!!!

At my Tuesday OB appointment, my doctor and I schedule the induction of the twins for 10/28. Well, the twins had other thoughts on that!!! 

Just before 10 am, my water broke in the bathroom at work!! I was shocked - had to call my OB office to make sure I wasn’t overreacting. They told me to go to the hospital...so I drove myself on down to the hospital (where my husband was waiting). They took us right into the L&D Triage room and they verified that my water did break and that I was 2 cm dilated. Then the contractions kicked in. By about 11:30, I was up to 5 cm dilated. They finally got us into a delivery room and rushed around to get everything prepared for the babies’ arrival. The anesthesiologists came in to consult and since my labs weren’t back yet, he left to go handle a C-section. Well, he didn’t make it back in time! 

My OB finally got there at about 12:40 and I was fully dilated and Baby A was on the way! The OB barely had time to get his gown and gloves on and after one or two big pushes, Maddox Michael was born at 12:50! Baby B took a little more coaxing (and some forceps) and Pierce David was born at 1:01! Pierce gave us a little scare, because he tried to deliver his umbilical cord first. I held my breathe as I waited to hear him cry. It seemed like forever, but it was probably only seconds, and he let out the sweetest cry. 

I got to hold them for a moment, but then they (and DH) went to the NICU. They’re both doing well. Pierce is in critical care to keep an eye on his Pulmonary Stenosis, but Maddox is in a general NICU room. So, Daddy has been running back and forth all day between their rooms. I’m doing well...only a little tearing and I’m feeling pretty good! 

Our hearts are full. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Spontaneous Vaginal Delivery of Twins!!!

• Oh my goodness, just 3 hours from water breaking to both babies being here! What a whirlwind!! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Hopefully the boys’ NICU stays are short. Congrats mama!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • whoa!!! incredible! i can’t believe the sudden turn of events from just this morning. congratulations! and 3 hours is truly amazing. hope your adorable boys are doing well! rest up, mama.
  • Loading the player...
  • Like I said on fb you are super mom for sure!! They are amazing and I love their names! Great job momma! I look forward to updates of them kick butt just like you did! 
    nws
  • What an amazing day! They are beautiful and you are a rockstar, mama! Congrats and I hope you can go see them soon. I'm so happy for you! 
  • Holy buckets! So many congratulations!!! Hooray <3 praying for super short NICU/crit care stays. Good work momma!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Such an amazing story, and those sweet boys are adorable! Congratulations again!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Wow congratulations!!!!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited October 2018
    Congratulations!!! What a short labor! Your boys are adorable and obviously already do what they want! So happy to hear everyone is doing well! Congrats again!
  • Congratulations - absolutely amazing!! Can't say those sweet boys don't already have minds of their own :) 
  • Congratulations, what a blessing!! I'm so happy for you!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats!!! They look great, hoping for quick recovery for all!
  • Great news to wake up to! I'm so happy for you and your family!
  • that’s wonderful!!! 
  • That is awesome!!
  • Yay!!!!! That's awesome news!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Yay!!! Awesome news 
  • Yayyyy!! Love reading the update!! Let’s go pierce!! 
    nws
  • @smulrich16 So happy to hear Pierce's procedure went well! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3