Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 10/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 10/30

• Month/Cycle: 12/13

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: CM, OPKs, BBT, PNV

R/R: already had EWCM last night which is definitely a rave (on CD 6 though?? What) but I’m confused about that in relation to my monitor, which says I’m at low fertility. I think I read too much into things lol. Rave- finally accomplished some stuff in our front yard yesterday so I feel a little better about it. Our neighbors’s yard is immaculate and I always feel like ours looks ridiculous in comparison. 

CS/Q: nothing today!
  • Loading the player...
  • @marebear15 usually get a +OPK between 11-13. It’s gone now, so I guess it was a random fluke? Haha. That meme is too funny!
  • @b_1029 - Maybe "leftovers"? Or yeah, just a random fluke.
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNVs, CM, HIO

R/R: I *almost* missed my train. I forgot my phone (which has my train ticket on it) so I had to double back to my house and grab
    it. I didn’t have to run to the train, but it still was too close for comfort. Great way to get the blood pumping though! Happy Tuesday!

CS/Q: Nah, we good.

@b_1029 What is the fertility monitor you’re using? Is it just the one on the app? Because those are just general and based on an algorithm that may or may not be tied to your CD and previous data. Nice work in the yard! I also pulled weeds in my ~immaculate~ yard yesterday. (We went drought friendly last year in our front yard and it has made life so much easier).

@marebear15 Lol @ your pic! Too funny. I am so sorry about your chart. It makes no sense! Do you ever get O cramping? Maybe O between CD 17-21? Eh, just keep HIO EODish and either you won’t get AF or she’ll show up, lol. I know that doesn’t help you, but...Halloween is tomorrow! (See me trying to change the subject...) 
  • @lillywonderland - What a way to start a morning! Glad you made your train. I sometimes get cramping, but the only cramping I had was CD16. We normally HIO EOD anyways, so we are just going to continue to do that. But I have none of my LP progesterone symptoms, so maybe this is just going to be a really long cycle.
  • @lillywonderland I’m never sure what to call it but I’m using the clear blue advanced ovulation test. This is just my second month using it so I’m trying to figure it out! 
    Glad you made your train today!
  • @b_1029 That's so crazy... but I don't think it's a bad thing... maybe just confusing as you said. And yay on yard work! We are the same. Our neighbor is actually a landscaper and I swear he judges us because I can't keep up with pulling weeds lol! 

@marebear15 Oh my gosh! That little meme is so cute! Sorry about your chart  <3!

@lillywonderland Oh goodness, nothing like morning cardio? Lol! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: Metformin (for PCOS), Armour Thyroid (for Hashimoto's), PNVs, Vitamin C & D, Kelp, Calcium, OPKs, Temping

R/R: Even though I didn't track my calories a good part of the weekend, I still managed to lose a couple pounds! I've been trying to focus on trying to shake off stress when I can so I think that is helping. I ended up emptying my closet of all of my "skinny" clothes and it helped me realize that I need to step it up some more. So happy for that revamp of motivation to get back into those cute clothes! 

CS/Q: Nothing too crazy. I think I'm going to start using my OPK's today... last month was a little weird... not sure if I actually ovulated or not since I only had one positive OPK that was high but not peak and then a stark negative the next day. I want to have a good bit of data for my endo appointment in December so I think it's smart to track them for the majority of the month. FF is limiting my stuff now that the trial is over. Not sure if I want to pull the trigger yet.

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @b_1029 I half thought that was it, but then again I wasn’t sure. I have no experience with that at all, but I think I remember someone once saying that it takes a couple cycles for those ones to give you a good accurate picture of your FW. But I could be wrong. 

@marebear15 I hope you get a clear picture of O soon...I’m thinking CD 17 might be it..maybe? 
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: CD14 so O any day now

WAYDTGKU: OKPs, should probably be better about taking Prenatals

R/R: I need to start watching what I eat as we stretch in towards the holidays. I managed to lose 5 pounds July-Sept, and I can see the scale creeping back up. The swift brunt of cold weather is not helping. Where is my fall, ya'll? It went from 70 to 50. :/

CS/Q: None
  • @b_1029 Big ol' shrug on the EWCM. But yay for getting some yardwork done. I guess we should get on that too at some point... 
    @marebear15 that cartoon made me lol. and your chart is looking at lot like mine. I'm also stumped. But then again, I don't expect to O until CD38 so I'm just playing a waiting game now. 
    @lillywonderland whew, glad you didn't miss your train! What's your backup plan if you did miss the train? 
    @brookert615 cleaning my closet always makes me feel better. Especially when I take out/hide the stuff that I know won't fit me, then I'm less disappointed when I *feel* skinny but then still can't do up my pants. I also gave up on OPKs already (again). I'll POAS when I remember at work but I have no idea what my temps are doing so we're just going to try to HIO EOD and see how it goes. 

Month/Cycle: 10/7

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT/RHR, CM, Vit C & D, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Ovasitol, Vitex, homeopathic hormone rebalancing, PCOS diet, HIO, softcups, acupuncture, waiting for RE appt Nov 12th

R/R: Rant: reading the above I realized I forgot my hormone rebalancing pills for the 3rd day in a row. I even brought them downstairs with me this time but they're definitely still sitting on the counter. Oops.
    Rave: I had a whole wheat tortilla for dinner (not GF) and no symptoms today so far... so maybe it isn't just the gluten that makes me sick. Also, going to see A Star is Born tonight with my love... for those of you who have seen it ( @littleredm ), on a scale of The Notebook to PS I Love You, how much should I expect to cry? I need to prepare myself. 

CS/Q: I don't know. I had to temp 3 times this morning because it kept coming back wayyy low, like 96.8, which didn't seem right. Now my RHR would be consistent with a temp that low but the 2nd temp was 97.10 and the 3rd was 96.98. I took the 3rd one because it's right in the middle. I also had my softcup in still, I don't know if that made any difference whatsoever. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @brookert615 - I keep wavering on if I want VIP. I think I'd love the overlay feature.

@lillywonderland - CD17 is when the weather dropped. Hmm....maybe I'll see if the night temperature match somehow. Just grasping at straws lol.

@kiki047 - Long cycles suck. Sorry you're still waiting too. The 3rd temps looks right on your chart.
  • @kiki047 The OPKs just confuse the crap out of me! I might just do the same EOD HIO haha. That's good you were able to eat the wrap! I wonder if the MSG in the noodles is something that bothered you - or some weird ingredient... hmmm? I only say that because I always have an allergic reaction to MSG. Enjoy the movie tonight with your man! 
    TW
  • grangerhp37grangerhp37 member
    edited October 2018
    @b_1029 I’m glad you got some yard work done and are happy with it - just in time for Halloween!
    @marebear15 We’re having very similar cycles. Hugs to you - I’m sure you’re frustrated as hell ❤️
    @lillywonderland Glad you made your train!!
    @brookert615 I’m glad you were able to find some positive motivation! You go girl!
    @foodislove I’m also not thrilled with the cold weather! Boo winter, not ready yet!
    @kiki047 Another similar chart 🙁 A Star is Born is sad, especially at the end. I didn’t cry but many people did!

Month/Cycle: 6/5

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: all the things except medical intervention at this point 

R/R: My temp dropped this morning instead of rising so I’m just really frustrated and barely kept from crying on my way to work this morning. Damn PCOS. I’m glad I at least made an appt with my OB for Tuesday to talk about next steps so that’s something.

CS/Q: I think I’m giving up on OPKs. I thought I was only getting positives when I actually O’d but I got a bunch this cycle that were all wrong. Also my CM tracking is all messed up so might take that off my chart too.

• @dogmomma096 I am so sorry about your temps and OPKs. FX you get all of the answers to get you on the right track at your appointment!  <3<3<3
    TW
  • @brookert615 I was doing fine without the OPKs, I don't know why I decided to add them back in. 
    @dogmomma096 my CM is all over the map too, and even the days I marked as EWCM, tbh that was a stretch (ha! :lol:  no pun intended). I'm sorry this has been so frustrating for you too. Glad you've made an appt, I hope your OB can help you figure out what to do next. 
    @marebear15 I use the overlay feature way too much, I won't go back from VIP. I am definitely going to cry if I need to renew it though. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Am I crazy? Grasping at straws? I used Excel to chart the overnight temps because we don't turn the heater on at night. 

• @marebear15 wow, other than CD23/24 it does look like it correlates pretty closely. 
  • @b_1029 That's great about getting stuff done in the yard. That reminds me that I need to go a lot in our yard too.

@marebear15 FF can be so confusing sometimes. FX that you get CH's soon so you can know. I think your timing looks good though as far as covering your possible O days.

@lillywonderland I'm glad you didn't miss your train! What a way to start off the morning!

@brookert615 That's awesome about the weight loss! Shaking off stress is so beneficial but hard to do, I'm working on it too.

@foodislove The weather is upsetting me too! Fall's my favorite season and I feel like we skipped it this year.

@kiki047 I actually haven't seen A Star is Born but I want to! Let me know how you like it.

Month/Cycle: 9/11

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opk, pre-seed, pnv, etc

R/R: Not much to say. I'm feeling stressed about things I need to get done this week. Went to the cardiologist yesterday to get checked out and he said he thinks I'm fine and my chest pain is more muscular than having to do with the heart, but they want to get blood work and do a stress test just to be sure. Making a sausage and cabbage soup for dinner tonight. Happy that soup season is upon us!

CS/Q: I keep waking up around 5am - 6amish which is about two hours before I normally get up. Should I just take my temp then and adjust or go back to sleep and take it around 8 like normal? I just didn't take it this morning because I got up out of the bed to get some Tylenol.

• @b_1029 - Exactly! I was thinking maybe my temps are off because of external circumstance, and possible O would be CD21 because that's when the temps diverge. But again, I am so grasping at straws. I want to O so badly!
  • @littleredm Sorry you're stressed! Hope the tests come out okay and you start feeling better! That soup sounds so good! Thanks for reminding me! I've been wanting to make an unstuffed cabbage soup! 
    TW
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2
    CD: 13
    WAYDTGKU: HIO (was trying for daily, but missed yesterday - DH is feeling under the weather), general "being healthy" stuff, all the vitamins, OPK's, not temping 
    R/R: I've used an embarrassingly amount OPK's this month. Obviously didn't want to miss O, but after my IUD removal last month it came SUPER early. I started testing around Day 7 this month (and HIO), but it seems my body is taking its time and regulating back to normal. Which is nice, but I shouldn't have wasted so many tests (2X daily) and my husbands energy. 
    CS/Q: none 

Married 11/21/2018

Me: 33 / DH: 33

TTC #1 since 2012, finally successful in 2016

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUI 01/25/2016 - BFP 2/5/2016 - Natural Home Delivery to our DD 10/8/2016

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

TTGP Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Dinner Fails:
  • @PugMum - Haha, sounds like me. I ran out after OPK #14. Oh well.
  • @foodislove @kiki047 my trick for not forgetting pills/vitamins is using an old lady pill container (like this one https://www.amazon.com/Dose-Weekly-Travel-Planner-Small/dp/B001THDDFC/ref=lp_3764251_1_1_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1540917795&sr=1-1)

I leave it on my kitchen counter, and it nags at me. I very rarely miss them now. 

Married 11/21/2018

Me: 33 / DH: 33

TTC #1 since 2012, finally successful in 2016

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUI 01/25/2016 - BFP 2/5/2016 - Natural Home Delivery to our DD 10/8/2016

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

TTGP Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Dinner Fails:
  • @littleredm sorry, it was @misshelen86 that saw it. I will report back! And glad your cardiologist doesn't think it's your heart, hopefully testing confirms that. I've had all sorts of tests done on my heart when I was having chest pains. It turned out to be stress but that's not something to take lightly. Better safe than sorry! *TW* I know of too many people who went to the ER with chest pains only to have the docs dismiss it and it turned out they were actually having a heart attack... *end TW*
    @marebear15 wow, that's really interesting about the overnight temps and how it correlates with your BBT. That can't be a coincidence. I can see how you could make an argument for O on CD21 or 22 when the temps diverge but today's temp kinda throws that theory off. I really hope it's the former and today is just an outlier. Only time will tell at this point unfortunately!!

TTC History:

• @pugmum I was just telling my SO that I need one. He has one but every dollar store I've been to only has the 2x/day containers and honestly I'm suuuper cheap so I refuse to pay more than like $2 for one at a drug store lol. I very rarely miss my regular pills but the homeopathic remedies are sublingual so I keep them separate from my other pills, and they have to be taken min. 15 mins after you eat anything minty (I forget why, I'm assuming because of any interactions) which includes toothpaste. And it's a different remedy that you take once a week so I have them all lined up on my dresser but if I don't remember to put it under my tongue 15 mins after I brush my teeth but before I go downstairs... forget it. So complicated. 

TTC History:

• I'll be back for tags!! I have to go to work  :/ 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: BBT, charting on FF, PNVs, HIO 

R/R: Rave: I temped!! Definitely later than I plan on temping in the future but I couldn't even move when H got up this morning so I fell right back asleep without temping lol oops. Also happy today is my last day closing until Sunday! Rant: Nothing really except for the fact that I hate that I sleep in so late after I work late, I have no motivation when I get up and I feel like the day is wasted. But if I try waking up earlier I can barely do it. I miss the coffee back out west, definitely made mornings easier. Sigh.

CS/Q: None for now!
  • Month/Cycle: I guess I'm 1/1

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Clomid, checking for ewcm, opks, and ff

R/R: I was using Ava but I can't remember to charge it lately, and the wristband broke! I haven't spent the money for a new one. 

CS/Q: none.
  • edited October 2018
    @littleredm I *think* you should take your temp and then adjust it. I think it’s something like you need 3 hours of sleep before getting an accurate temp. You can take it again when you wake up for real at 8 and then compare. 

@projectalice Much ❤️ for you!

@PugMum Are you using Wondfo OPKs? I find them to be pretty cheap and they seem to be easy to use.

Also, I’m lol’ing at all the references to old lady pill containers. Ya’ll are too funny!!

@kiki047 My backup plan is drive to work. Ick. It’s only 25 miles, but it takes a $5ish toll (per way) and about 90 minutes of my life. There is about a 5 mile section where I literally go 5 mph if I’m lucky. Also, Californians are horribly aggressive drivers so I fear for my new car’s life (and my own!). It. Is. The. Worst.

@dogmomma096 I’m sorry you’re having a rough day. You have a plan in place to talk with your OB, so try not to stress about anything until then (easier said than done, I know). You have some great data to share with them and it should help your OB help you.

@brookert615 Ugh. Clothes. They suck. I wish I could literally live in yoga pants and workout tops all day, everyday. Or just be a dude and throw on a polo and look so fresh. Yay for feeling positive though! 

*edit to add tags because brain
  • @b_1029 I've had some early in my cycle too! Probably some weird hormone thing lol. Better to have it than not at all though right? Even though it's not really doing much at this time! 

@marebear15 I love that picture! it's perfect :lol: sorry about your temps being not what you expected, that is really interesting with the excel chart though!

@lillywonderland Glad you made it to your train! I used to have moments like that when I would take mass transit when I was living in the city, definitely gives you a rush!

@brookert615 yay for shedding those pounds!!

@foodislove +1 for needing to not overeat around the holidays! There's so much good food & treats that it's hard!!

@kiki047 That's so interesting! Good thing you're not experiencing symptoms though!

@dogmomma096 so sorry that your body is giving you a hard time and not cooperating right now. Hope you get a good plan in place with your doc!

@littleredm That's great that your cardiologist doesn't think your pain has to do with your heart! Glad you're getting some blood work for reassurance. Hope they can figure out some relief for you. I hear you on the stressed part, I feel like that's me 24/7. Piggybacking off what @lillywonderland said; I would probably temp both times to see how different the temps were. I know you're supposed to get the 3 hours of sleep so if you wake up at 5 and go back to sleep right away then I would chart the one for 8 but keep the earlier one in notes for future reference. But if you don't get 3 hours between wake ups the earlier one is probably more accurate? That's what I would go off of. I notice my temps are usually higher when I wake up even briefly and go back to sleep and temp when I wake up the second time. Also, soup sounds so good right now! I bet it was great!